• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:40
CEST 03:40
KST 10:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7322 users

Republican nominations - Page 540

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 538 539 540 541 542 575 Next
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
March 11 2012 03:55 GMT
#10781
On March 11 2012 09:07 Sumahi wrote:
The Republican nomination process has gotten so crazy, they even pandered to Guam. I come from Guam, and the race is so contested that Rick Santorum called the media in Guam and Romney even sent one of his sons to Guam. For those of you who don't know, Guam is a colony/territory of the US, we don't get to vote for President and have no voting rights in the Congress either. For them to fight over our token delegates is laughable, shows you how tight the race is.


Its not crazy. Even ask the NTY. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/douthat-the-responsible-republicans.html?hp

Yes, Republican voters probably should have given Jon Huntsman more consideration, and South Carolina voters in particular shouldn’t have rewarded Newt Gingrich’s snarling, preening, media-bashing debate performances with an upset victory. But that irruption of folly came and went, and then the pattern of Iowa and New Hampshire reasserted itself: not a mad elopement with a right-wing Mr. Wrong, but a slow trudge toward the altar with Mr. Good-Enough.

Even the elevation of Rick Santorum as the last not-Romney standing testifies to the Republican electorate’s relative sobriety. For all his follies and failings, Santorum is a more plausible presidential candidate than most of this season’s alternatives — more experienced than Cain and Bachmann, more substantive and eloquent than Perry, more principled than Gingrich. As a two-term senator from a swing state with a record of legislative accomplishments, he’s far closer to a right-wing Howard Dean than a right-wing Jesse Jackson.
Freeeeeeedom
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 04:43:38
March 11 2012 04:26 GMT
#10782
nvm apparently one delegate went to romney so he got 31 more votes, making him win
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
March 11 2012 20:44 GMT
#10783
So Mitt Romney is going to use Jeff Foxworthy to help gather support in the South? I live in the South and I am insulted by this, I can't be the only one.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
March 11 2012 21:49 GMT
#10784
On March 12 2012 05:44 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So Mitt Romney is going to use Jeff Foxworthy to help gather support in the South? I live in the South and I am insulted by this, I can't be the only one.


Oh don't lie. The South and Jeff Foxworthy go together like drunk hillbillies and BBQ opossums!
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
March 12 2012 00:31 GMT
#10785
this seems like it might be the next viral video:

Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
March 12 2012 00:43 GMT
#10786
^What the fuck........... That can't be real.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
HellRoxYa
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1614 Posts
March 12 2012 00:51 GMT
#10787
So good, while still being so bad. Loved it. I hope Santorum wins just for shits and giggles. The debates will be hilarious.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
March 12 2012 03:30 GMT
#10788
Politics have glamourized 'fiscal responsibility' so much, pretty soon the government won't be able to wipe its own ass.

New Jersey City running out of Toilet Paper
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
March 12 2012 03:34 GMT
#10789
^^I want that to be my ringtone.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
March 12 2012 03:50 GMT
#10790
Even better than Rebecca Black! I don't know whether to laugh, vomit, or both simultaneously...

On a more serious note, IDK how to format this well, but it looks like Romney and Obama are in an even heat.+ Show Spoiler +
TRIAL HEAT
CHANGE
Romney
50%
+2
Obama
46%
-2

TRIAL HEAT
CHANGE
Obama
49%
-2
Santorum
48%
+5


http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx
and Santorum is lagging a bit behind Obama. Quite frankly, I don't know who I'd vote for between Romney and Obama, but I would definitely take Obama over Santorum. Although I would credit the +5% gain against Obama to the video above, I still don't think I can really approve of anything Santorum thinks. bleh.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 12 2012 07:22 GMT
#10791
That ad video is fucking hilarious. I was sold at "justice for the unborn, factories back at our shore" - Santorum 2012!
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
BioNova
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States598 Posts
March 12 2012 14:31 GMT
#10792
On March 11 2012 06:46 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 23:44 BioNova wrote:
On March 10 2012 23:02 Defacer wrote:
Sometimes I wish Americans could live abroad for a few years and just follow American politics, from the outside looking in. On the same note, I wish I could live in the states a couple of years and be exposed to your media. I have no idea how you siphon through whatever bullshit these politicians are throwing at you these days.

I understand that people don't agree with Obama. But if he didn't get a second term in would be a real shame. It's obvious to the international community that he may be one of the brightest and talented leaders in world right now.

I just hope Americans don't wake up one day hearing about how President Santorum sent 40,000 more troops to Iran and realize they took Obama for granted.








Funny, I've heard the live abroad, and look within line more than a dozen times. Jesse Ventura was the last I think use that term. Out of all the people who have used that phrase, you might be the only one who said it stumping for Obama.

I more than 'don't agree'. The shame is people who evidently at this late hour still believe in hope and change(from him).

Sc2Superfan, when you approach middle -age, you've heard all the BS before from multiple candidates, you tend to not end up falling in to the candidates 'pillow talk' and the internet wasn't accesible like when I was 18 and 1000 points of light were shining thru my living room. Obama failed you,and democrats, and anyone who voted on his 08 campaign that isn't a insider. Whistleblower, Gitmo, Perpetual Warfare. At least his stazi brown shirts are not fully fuctional yet. Good ole lame duck shenanigans to come...




It's exactly this kind of reaction that reinforces my perspective, and makes me feel ... well ... sorry for you.

You see, I DON'T expect a leader or single person -- and certainly not a politician -- to magically change the world through sheer will power and good intentions, as you and many Americans apparently do. ALL POLITICIANS engage in flowery talk, insist that they will change the world ... that's what Americans seem to demand from their leaders.

I also DON'T blame a single person for everything that might disappoint me about the country I live in. I understand the politics and agendas of others will always make getting anything done 20 times more complicated than it needs to be. I understand bureaucracy will always make the execution of an agenda labored and complicated. Have you seen how decisions are made in government, even on a municipal level?

Sure Obama hasn't kept all his promises. He's only been on the job for three years. It took my city a decade just to approve a fucking dog park.

Why are there still Americans that are so naive they seriously believe you can heap all the blame and success in your country upon one person? Do they actually believe the fallacy -- flung at them through hyperbole and slander and attack ads and op-eds and super PACs and stump speeches -- that claims that only ONE PERSON IS TO BLAME and ONLY I CAN SAVE IT?

This is exactly what I mean by wishing Americans could look at their media from the outside. Because it's obvious that when people complain about Obama 'not getting something done', they should actually be frustrated with the plodding and laborious nature of their federal government overall, and it's inability to make or act upon swift decisions.

I personally expect a world leader to be: well-spoken, worldly, able to build consensus, negotiate well, make intelligent final decisions, and mobilize people when he needs to. Some of these decisions include knowing when to compromise, knowing when to push your agenda, and knowing when to STFU and let your opponent dig their own grave. Obama is pretty good in this regard.

Expecting more -- overhauling the whole structure of government and departments overnight, raising or cutting taxes at the drop of a hat, killing trillions of dollars of social services at a whim, ending a war with a phone call -- is not how the government could -- or should -- work.




Slamming americans as naive is cool, is that country bashing? I'll be contacting your sponsors with complaints and screenshots.

With about 60 links to news sites, about 15 of them within the U.S, I would gather I am far more aware than the average 'naive americans.' I've also read at least one book on Obama during his 'short' term by Bob Woodward. Naive indeed, be a good time to tell to stop getting all of my news from Faux, right? I don't have a TV.


Who won the Virgin Islan Caucus? Anyone know? Was the winner declared by popular vote? or delegates this time? The media flip-flopped a bit on ths one.

Answer: Winner declared did not win PV


I used to like trumpets, now I prefer pause. "Don't move a muscle JP!"
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10958 Posts
March 12 2012 14:37 GMT
#10793
How can it be country bashing when your whole election process shouts at everyone:

"Look, these guys obviously make promises they NEVER EVER can keep after they are elected... But the guys that don't sound like they fart Parfume and shit Gold have no chance to be elected."

Seriously, how else would you describe the american voter when what you mainly see is this (pre)election and everything that comes with it?
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
March 12 2012 14:47 GMT
#10794
I'm more liberal than conservative (I stick to the middle on most things), and I can honestly say Romney isn't the worst thing that could happen. If the republicans (the people, not the party. IE YOU) vote for SANTORUM, they are absolutely batshit. The guy is a certifiable psychopath.
Hudson Valley Progamer
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
March 12 2012 14:52 GMT
#10795
On March 12 2012 23:37 Velr wrote:
How can it be country bashing when your whole election process shouts at everyone:

"Look, these guys obviously make promises they NEVER EVER can keep after they are elected... But the guys that don't sound like they fart Parfume and shit Gold have no chance to be elected."

Seriously, how else would you describe the american voter when what you mainly see is this (pre)election and everything that comes with it?



Our country and it's inhabitants are pretty much the largest collection of imbeciles on the planet. We have high-school students who can't read, and adults who think the earth is 10,000 years old. It's pretty pathetic, and to be frank, embarrassing. On the flip side, there are a lot of people who are reasonably intelligent, and daresay a few genius’s (jobs, gates etc). These people however, usually get drowned out by the sheer mass of mouth breathing morons we produce annually. It’s getting to the point where I question if I really want to have my kids become American citizens.
Hudson Valley Progamer
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
March 12 2012 15:14 GMT
#10796
On March 12 2012 12:30 Defacer wrote:
Politics have glamourized 'fiscal responsibility' so much, pretty soon the government won't be able to wipe its own ass.

New Jersey City running out of Toilet Paper

You think "fiscal responsibility" is to blame? New Jersey is the poster child of fiscal irresponsibility. The state is unimaginably corrupt. They bill the government millions over cost. From the link:

City Council is refusing to sign off on a $42,573 bill for paper products. $4,000 of it is for paper cups...
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
March 12 2012 16:26 GMT
#10797
On March 13 2012 00:14 liberal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 12:30 Defacer wrote:
Politics have glamourized 'fiscal responsibility' so much, pretty soon the government won't be able to wipe its own ass.

New Jersey City running out of Toilet Paper

You think "fiscal responsibility" is to blame? New Jersey is the poster child of fiscal irresponsibility. The state is unimaginably corrupt. They bill the government millions over cost. From the link:

City Council is refusing to sign off on a $42,573 bill for paper products. $4,000 of it is for paper cups...


I'm just being the silly. The article is funny to me.

They should just buy mugs.
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
March 12 2012 16:50 GMT
#10798
On March 12 2012 23:52 Klipsys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 23:37 Velr wrote:
How can it be country bashing when your whole election process shouts at everyone:

"Look, these guys obviously make promises they NEVER EVER can keep after they are elected... But the guys that don't sound like they fart Parfume and shit Gold have no chance to be elected."

Seriously, how else would you describe the american voter when what you mainly see is this (pre)election and everything that comes with it?



Our country and it's inhabitants are pretty much the largest collection of imbeciles on the planet. We have high-school students who can't read, and adults who think the earth is 10,000 years old. It's pretty pathetic, and to be frank, embarrassing. On the flip side, there are a lot of people who are reasonably intelligent, and daresay a few genius’s (jobs, gates etc). These people however, usually get drowned out by the sheer mass of mouth breathing morons we produce annually. It’s getting to the point where I question if I really want to have my kids become American citizens.

If I ever have kids, I will teach them to try to view a person as a person, and not to throw sweeping negative generalizations on them based upon the nation they were born in. I would teach them to not define themselves according to the nation they were born in, to view themselves as human beings instead of members of an invented group.

I would also tell them to use their brains and to value what they see in their daily lives over what they see in the media. I don't know of a single adult in my life who doesn't know how to read. I've also never met a single adult who honestly believed that the Earth was 10,000 years old. If they weren't paraded in the media, I would honestly never know that such people with such opinions existed anywhere in the US.

People get stereotypes in their head, they get such ingrained bigotry in their heart, that the tail begins to wag the dog in their mind. They take the small percent of people who are notoriously uneducated, and in their brain inflate them to a majority, because that's what the stereotype and bigotry tells them.

When I was taught in school the dangers of stereotypes and bigotry, about trying to eliminate them from enlightened society, I actually believed in it. Now I realize people just want redirected bigotry. Remove it from groups like blacks and mexicans, and redirect it to groups like white christians. I guess it's just human nature.

By the way, it's pretty funny to me that you consider Jobs and Gates as examples of rare "genius."
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 12 2012 18:43 GMT
#10799
On March 13 2012 01:50 liberal wrote:
When I was taught in school the dangers of stereotypes and bigotry, about trying to eliminate them from enlightened society, I actually believed in it. Now I realize people just want redirected bigotry. Remove it from groups like blacks and mexicans, and redirect it to groups like white christians. I guess it's just human nature.


Ah, yes. This particular hypocrisy is probably my favorite one to observe from the left.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
March 12 2012 19:07 GMT
#10800
Except it's white christian males who hold the vast majority of the power in the country. They're attacked because they're the norm, not because it's a social minority.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Prev 1 538 539 540 541 542 575 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2568
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm202
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe182
Other Games
summit1g8117
Day[9].tv669
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0286
PiGStarcraft118
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv669
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.