• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:37
CEST 21:37
KST 04:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8599 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 95

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 102 Next
Grantiere
Profile Joined March 2011
United States129 Posts
August 07 2012 06:47 GMT
#1881
Thought it was okay. Too long. Inconsistent. Too many suspensions of disbelief for something intended to be "realistic." Still better than most.
Ratch!
Profile Joined June 2012
Peru258 Posts
August 07 2012 06:48 GMT
#1882
What I believe would have been a cool explanation of how Batman saved his life is that he was rescued by Superman.
MeteorRise
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada611 Posts
August 07 2012 06:51 GMT
#1883
I just saw the movie earlier tonight, and I think it was pretty good. Pretty great in fact, but I agree with Swizzy in that it wasn't perfect by any means, and it had a ton of things that could have been better, or could have made better or more sense. This film had really high expectations, and didn't have the luster of the last two films. So the fact that it disappointed people, and that these people want to express their disappointment seems only fair.

But I just wanted to say that both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway were massively attractive in this film.
Elegance, in all things.
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 06:59:53
August 07 2012 06:59 GMT
#1884
Fair point. I watched the movie without seeing any of the trailers or reading reviews.

That said, I think BB is the best of the trilogy. I appreciated TDK from a technical perspective, but never warmed to it all that much in comparison to BB. However, I love TDKR, despite its flaws. It is most definitely more than the sum of its parts.
KT best KT ~ 2014
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
August 07 2012 07:21 GMT
#1885
Anyone else realize how a few scenes involved deaths that were ruined by the lack of blood that should obviously be there?
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
ZergOwaR
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway280 Posts
August 07 2012 07:41 GMT
#1886
On August 07 2012 16:21 Lightwip wrote:
Anyone else realize how a few scenes involved deaths that were ruined by the lack of blood that should obviously be there?


or when they started shooting down a tightly packed street with many machine guns and 5 people died
dig dig dig dig dig dig die!
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
August 07 2012 07:57 GMT
#1887
I'm gonna repeat myself here: If some detail like a lack of blood is enough to ruin an entire scene for you, I seriously wonder how you enjoy any movie at all. There's inconsistencies in every movie, do you point all those out too? Its like people went into this movie with the purpose of looking for things that are wrong.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
August 07 2012 08:06 GMT
#1888
On August 07 2012 16:57 Supamang wrote:
I'm gonna repeat myself here: If some detail like a lack of blood is enough to ruin an entire scene for you, I seriously wonder how you enjoy any movie at all. There's inconsistencies in every movie, do you point all those out too? Its like people went into this movie with the purpose of looking for things that are wrong.

Usually it's not a problem. Most scenes in BB and TDK were cast in such a way that blood was unnecessary.
While it's easy enough to ignore some inconsistencies/scientific impossibilities (ex: Black hole mechanics in Star Trek 2009), if something blatantly obvious is done wrong, it's too serious of a mistake to ignore, even in the moment.
A few inconsistencies here and there are alright if they're not easily caught as soon as they happen by absolutely anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention to the progression of events.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
August 07 2012 08:17 GMT
#1889
On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 12:59 kwizach wrote:
On August 07 2012 08:33 Pyskee wrote:
On August 06 2012 16:18 kwizach wrote:
On August 04 2012 13:09 Pyskee wrote:
A crowd charging into a line of people with automatic weapons, though? I know it's a minor thing, but that totally blew my suspension of disbelief. I saw that, and literally thought "welp, that's retarded, every one of those people would be dead in about 30 seconds". It just ruined my immersion....

Yeah? You know a lot about charging into gun fire? Just look at D Day. The Allies charged into far greater fire power and far greater positioning and still got it done. Automatic weapons can jam, run out of ammo, miss, etc... Not to mention only the first and maybe second row of guys could fire and that street was pretty narrow. That many guys charging forward would certainly not be gunned down by a dozen or so assault rifles. Not every bullet = one kill.

No offense, but I don't think you know a lot about charging into gun fire. The Allies' landing on D-DAY had nothing to do with this in terms of positioning. The cops should never have been able to come even close to the terrorists - the fact that the street was pretty narrow is precisely why the cops should have been moved down pretty easily.

How so? Their firepower wasn't anything spectacular. A handful of assault rifles that hold 30 rounds at a time? Killing every cop within the amount of time it takes them to sprint 50-100 yards with assault rifles? Yeah right. Even if every bullet they had did equal a kill, I doubt they had enough ammunition. Sure, D-Day had wider beaches, but they were also landing on Higgins boats that were about four people wide. I'd call that narrow. The Germans had heavy, belt-fed machine guns in hill-top, fortified bunkers, mortars, and snipers and eventually the Allies made it up the beach anyway because they threw enough people on it (obviously there's more to it than that, but you get the idea). Guns are powerful, but even they have limits.

The first few rows of cops would probably be dead, yeah. It was even shown in the movie a bunch of them dropping. But killing several thousand people with assault rifles? No sir.

Please, just drop the D-Day comparison. It makes no sense. It has nothing to do with the scene we're discussing. It is, quite simply, a terrible analogy.

The firepower of the terrorists, as displayed in the movie, was more than sufficient to mow down a good part esof the cops who were stupid enough to all line up in a single narrow street. This should be apparent to anyone familiar with automatic rifles such as those wielded by the terrorists.

I'm not saying it's exactly like D-Day, but I'm saying that just because someone is outgunned does not mean they're outmatched.

Yes, but that hardly matters, because we can discuss the scene instead of throwing generalizations like "being outgunned is not necessarily being outmatched".

On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
You're obviously not familiar with automatic weapons then because you think that one bullet = one kill. If those tanks were working, then yeah, the cops would have been fucked. But that Bat or whatever disabled those somehow and so all the terrorists were left with was a couple of rifles. 30 rounds in a few seconds. Reload. Oh shit, they ran 50 yards in that amount of time. Really not that difficult.

I am familiar with automatic weapons, and no I certainly don't think that one bullet = one kill. I do believe, though, that the terrorists had more than enough rifles to decimate at least half of the police force before the officers even reached them - if they weren't shooting in the air, that is. I genuinely don't think you'll find anyone that has used automatic weapons before and is familiar with them disagree with me.
"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
Pyskee
Profile Joined April 2011
United States620 Posts
August 07 2012 08:31 GMT
#1890
On August 07 2012 17:17 kwizach wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
On August 07 2012 12:59 kwizach wrote:
On August 07 2012 08:33 Pyskee wrote:
On August 06 2012 16:18 kwizach wrote:
On August 04 2012 13:09 Pyskee wrote:
A crowd charging into a line of people with automatic weapons, though? I know it's a minor thing, but that totally blew my suspension of disbelief. I saw that, and literally thought "welp, that's retarded, every one of those people would be dead in about 30 seconds". It just ruined my immersion....

Yeah? You know a lot about charging into gun fire? Just look at D Day. The Allies charged into far greater fire power and far greater positioning and still got it done. Automatic weapons can jam, run out of ammo, miss, etc... Not to mention only the first and maybe second row of guys could fire and that street was pretty narrow. That many guys charging forward would certainly not be gunned down by a dozen or so assault rifles. Not every bullet = one kill.

No offense, but I don't think you know a lot about charging into gun fire. The Allies' landing on D-DAY had nothing to do with this in terms of positioning. The cops should never have been able to come even close to the terrorists - the fact that the street was pretty narrow is precisely why the cops should have been moved down pretty easily.

How so? Their firepower wasn't anything spectacular. A handful of assault rifles that hold 30 rounds at a time? Killing every cop within the amount of time it takes them to sprint 50-100 yards with assault rifles? Yeah right. Even if every bullet they had did equal a kill, I doubt they had enough ammunition. Sure, D-Day had wider beaches, but they were also landing on Higgins boats that were about four people wide. I'd call that narrow. The Germans had heavy, belt-fed machine guns in hill-top, fortified bunkers, mortars, and snipers and eventually the Allies made it up the beach anyway because they threw enough people on it (obviously there's more to it than that, but you get the idea). Guns are powerful, but even they have limits.

The first few rows of cops would probably be dead, yeah. It was even shown in the movie a bunch of them dropping. But killing several thousand people with assault rifles? No sir.

Please, just drop the D-Day comparison. It makes no sense. It has nothing to do with the scene we're discussing. It is, quite simply, a terrible analogy.

The firepower of the terrorists, as displayed in the movie, was more than sufficient to mow down a good part esof the cops who were stupid enough to all line up in a single narrow street. This should be apparent to anyone familiar with automatic rifles such as those wielded by the terrorists.

I'm not saying it's exactly like D-Day, but I'm saying that just because someone is outgunned does not mean they're outmatched.

Yes, but that hardly matters, because we can discuss the scene instead of throwing generalizations like "being outgunned is not necessarily being outmatched".

Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
You're obviously not familiar with automatic weapons then because you think that one bullet = one kill. If those tanks were working, then yeah, the cops would have been fucked. But that Bat or whatever disabled those somehow and so all the terrorists were left with was a couple of rifles. 30 rounds in a few seconds. Reload. Oh shit, they ran 50 yards in that amount of time. Really not that difficult.

I am familiar with automatic weapons, and no I certainly don't think that one bullet = one kill. I do believe, though, that the terrorists had more than enough rifles to decimate at least half of the police force before the officers even reached them - if they weren't shooting in the air, that is. I genuinely don't think you'll find anyone that has used automatic weapons before and is familiar with them disagree with me.

I have used several automatic rifles and I can tell you that it's not as easy as Call of Duty. The first automatic I fired was a 9mm Uzi. 9mm! And I had to fire that in 3-4 round bursts to keep from hitting the sky. Try a 7.62, while being under the pressure of guys charging at you and you're bound to miss more than half the time.
"If you really don't give a shit what brand you chew, chew Stride." - Liquid'Tyler. Gives shoutouts like a boss.
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
August 07 2012 08:46 GMT
#1891
On August 07 2012 17:31 Pyskee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 17:17 kwizach wrote:
On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
On August 07 2012 12:59 kwizach wrote:
On August 07 2012 08:33 Pyskee wrote:
On August 06 2012 16:18 kwizach wrote:
On August 04 2012 13:09 Pyskee wrote:
A crowd charging into a line of people with automatic weapons, though? I know it's a minor thing, but that totally blew my suspension of disbelief. I saw that, and literally thought "welp, that's retarded, every one of those people would be dead in about 30 seconds". It just ruined my immersion....

Yeah? You know a lot about charging into gun fire? Just look at D Day. The Allies charged into far greater fire power and far greater positioning and still got it done. Automatic weapons can jam, run out of ammo, miss, etc... Not to mention only the first and maybe second row of guys could fire and that street was pretty narrow. That many guys charging forward would certainly not be gunned down by a dozen or so assault rifles. Not every bullet = one kill.

No offense, but I don't think you know a lot about charging into gun fire. The Allies' landing on D-DAY had nothing to do with this in terms of positioning. The cops should never have been able to come even close to the terrorists - the fact that the street was pretty narrow is precisely why the cops should have been moved down pretty easily.

How so? Their firepower wasn't anything spectacular. A handful of assault rifles that hold 30 rounds at a time? Killing every cop within the amount of time it takes them to sprint 50-100 yards with assault rifles? Yeah right. Even if every bullet they had did equal a kill, I doubt they had enough ammunition. Sure, D-Day had wider beaches, but they were also landing on Higgins boats that were about four people wide. I'd call that narrow. The Germans had heavy, belt-fed machine guns in hill-top, fortified bunkers, mortars, and snipers and eventually the Allies made it up the beach anyway because they threw enough people on it (obviously there's more to it than that, but you get the idea). Guns are powerful, but even they have limits.

The first few rows of cops would probably be dead, yeah. It was even shown in the movie a bunch of them dropping. But killing several thousand people with assault rifles? No sir.

Please, just drop the D-Day comparison. It makes no sense. It has nothing to do with the scene we're discussing. It is, quite simply, a terrible analogy.

The firepower of the terrorists, as displayed in the movie, was more than sufficient to mow down a good part esof the cops who were stupid enough to all line up in a single narrow street. This should be apparent to anyone familiar with automatic rifles such as those wielded by the terrorists.

I'm not saying it's exactly like D-Day, but I'm saying that just because someone is outgunned does not mean they're outmatched.

Yes, but that hardly matters, because we can discuss the scene instead of throwing generalizations like "being outgunned is not necessarily being outmatched".

On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
You're obviously not familiar with automatic weapons then because you think that one bullet = one kill. If those tanks were working, then yeah, the cops would have been fucked. But that Bat or whatever disabled those somehow and so all the terrorists were left with was a couple of rifles. 30 rounds in a few seconds. Reload. Oh shit, they ran 50 yards in that amount of time. Really not that difficult.

I am familiar with automatic weapons, and no I certainly don't think that one bullet = one kill. I do believe, though, that the terrorists had more than enough rifles to decimate at least half of the police force before the officers even reached them - if they weren't shooting in the air, that is. I genuinely don't think you'll find anyone that has used automatic weapons before and is familiar with them disagree with me.

I have used several automatic rifles and I can tell you that it's not as easy as Call of Duty. The first automatic I fired was a 9mm Uzi. 9mm! And I had to fire that in 3-4 round bursts to keep from hitting the sky. Try a 7.62, while being under the pressure of guys charging at you and you're bound to miss more than half the time.

Again, I know "it's not as easy as CoD". It's still easier than using your damn fists.
"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
August 07 2012 10:24 GMT
#1892
On August 07 2012 17:31 Pyskee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 17:17 kwizach wrote:
On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
On August 07 2012 12:59 kwizach wrote:
On August 07 2012 08:33 Pyskee wrote:
On August 06 2012 16:18 kwizach wrote:
On August 04 2012 13:09 Pyskee wrote:
A crowd charging into a line of people with automatic weapons, though? I know it's a minor thing, but that totally blew my suspension of disbelief. I saw that, and literally thought "welp, that's retarded, every one of those people would be dead in about 30 seconds". It just ruined my immersion....

Yeah? You know a lot about charging into gun fire? Just look at D Day. The Allies charged into far greater fire power and far greater positioning and still got it done. Automatic weapons can jam, run out of ammo, miss, etc... Not to mention only the first and maybe second row of guys could fire and that street was pretty narrow. That many guys charging forward would certainly not be gunned down by a dozen or so assault rifles. Not every bullet = one kill.

No offense, but I don't think you know a lot about charging into gun fire. The Allies' landing on D-DAY had nothing to do with this in terms of positioning. The cops should never have been able to come even close to the terrorists - the fact that the street was pretty narrow is precisely why the cops should have been moved down pretty easily.

How so? Their firepower wasn't anything spectacular. A handful of assault rifles that hold 30 rounds at a time? Killing every cop within the amount of time it takes them to sprint 50-100 yards with assault rifles? Yeah right. Even if every bullet they had did equal a kill, I doubt they had enough ammunition. Sure, D-Day had wider beaches, but they were also landing on Higgins boats that were about four people wide. I'd call that narrow. The Germans had heavy, belt-fed machine guns in hill-top, fortified bunkers, mortars, and snipers and eventually the Allies made it up the beach anyway because they threw enough people on it (obviously there's more to it than that, but you get the idea). Guns are powerful, but even they have limits.

The first few rows of cops would probably be dead, yeah. It was even shown in the movie a bunch of them dropping. But killing several thousand people with assault rifles? No sir.

Please, just drop the D-Day comparison. It makes no sense. It has nothing to do with the scene we're discussing. It is, quite simply, a terrible analogy.

The firepower of the terrorists, as displayed in the movie, was more than sufficient to mow down a good part esof the cops who were stupid enough to all line up in a single narrow street. This should be apparent to anyone familiar with automatic rifles such as those wielded by the terrorists.

I'm not saying it's exactly like D-Day, but I'm saying that just because someone is outgunned does not mean they're outmatched.

Yes, but that hardly matters, because we can discuss the scene instead of throwing generalizations like "being outgunned is not necessarily being outmatched".

On August 07 2012 14:12 Pyskee wrote:
You're obviously not familiar with automatic weapons then because you think that one bullet = one kill. If those tanks were working, then yeah, the cops would have been fucked. But that Bat or whatever disabled those somehow and so all the terrorists were left with was a couple of rifles. 30 rounds in a few seconds. Reload. Oh shit, they ran 50 yards in that amount of time. Really not that difficult.

I am familiar with automatic weapons, and no I certainly don't think that one bullet = one kill. I do believe, though, that the terrorists had more than enough rifles to decimate at least half of the police force before the officers even reached them - if they weren't shooting in the air, that is. I genuinely don't think you'll find anyone that has used automatic weapons before and is familiar with them disagree with me.

I have used several automatic rifles and I can tell you that it's not as easy as Call of Duty. The first automatic I fired was a 9mm Uzi. 9mm! And I had to fire that in 3-4 round bursts to keep from hitting the sky. Try a 7.62, while being under the pressure of guys charging at you and you're bound to miss more than half the time.

Funny. I fired a 9mm Uzi as part of shooting training in my military service.
The easiest to handle gun I ever got to shoot there.
But this is still irrelevant.

It looked to me like almost every criminal in that confrontation had a gun. While for some reason the policemen lost theirs while being trapped in the sewers.
If there were roughly as much criminals as policemen in that scene, than it should have been a onesided massacre.

1 guy with an assault rifle should be able to kill at least 1--4 guys with no assault rifles charging straight towards him.
When theres 1000 assault rifle guys against 3000 non assault rifles guys, than aiming would be almost unnecessary.
But that´s just a nitpick about the armed versus unarmed fight scene.

Much worse to me was too many new important characters(Bane, Miranda, Blake, Catwoman, (Dagget)) and some general stupidity(The clean slate program thing, the authentication of stock market trades via fingerprint, Banes and Mirandas motivation to sit on a fucking nuclear bomb for half a year, why they not just kill Batman if they hate him so much, so many things about the nuclear bomb)
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
M2
Profile Joined December 2002
Bulgaria4181 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 15:21:38
August 07 2012 15:20 GMT
#1893
It was a great movie. Some flaws of course (such as the police-criminals scene) but movies were not meant to be made in so much details I think. Honestly the only thing I did not like is how Robin was presented. Smart guy yes, but he was nothing special in hand combat and at the end he even had no one to teach him, so how was he supposed to become a real batman replacement? He should have been shown as an already developed fighter, maybe not like batman, but at least the best in the police force, someone who is very enthusiastic and talanted in his hand to hand fight training, something in that direction
Knife kitty, night kitty, put you on a slab. Stealthy kitty, hunter kitty, stab stab stab :-)
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
August 07 2012 16:29 GMT
#1894
I saw the movie today, I enjoyed it a lot. The ending was very satisfying and well done.

However, I'm highly confused about how Batman magically healed from being stabbed.
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
August 07 2012 17:27 GMT
#1895
Thought this might go good here:

I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
August 07 2012 17:29 GMT
#1896
On August 08 2012 01:29 paralleluniverse wrote:
I saw the movie today, I enjoyed it a lot. The ending was very satisfying and well done.

However, I'm highly confused about how Batman magically healed from being stabbed.

the same way he magically healed from a spinal injury . Lazy writing.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
August 07 2012 22:32 GMT
#1897
On August 08 2012 02:29 EpiK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 01:29 paralleluniverse wrote:
I saw the movie today, I enjoyed it a lot. The ending was very satisfying and well done.

However, I'm highly confused about how Batman magically healed from being stabbed.

the same way he magically healed from a spinal injury . Lazy writing.

He had a dislocated vertebrae, and had 5 months to recover from it.

And stab wounds aren't instantly fatal, especially since she wasn't trying to stab him to death. More importantly, he wasn't doing any fancy acrobatics after getting stabbed, he was sitting in a cockpit. So, while it would be eventually fatal, and extremely painful, it's not like you can't move.


What you should be asking about is how his leg didn't have any problems in the pit (and afterwards).
Average means I'm better than half of you.
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
August 08 2012 06:05 GMT
#1898
On August 08 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 02:29 EpiK wrote:
On August 08 2012 01:29 paralleluniverse wrote:
I saw the movie today, I enjoyed it a lot. The ending was very satisfying and well done.

However, I'm highly confused about how Batman magically healed from being stabbed.

the same way he magically healed from a spinal injury . Lazy writing.

He had a dislocated vertebrae, and had 5 months to recover from it.

And stab wounds aren't instantly fatal, especially since she wasn't trying to stab him to death. More importantly, he wasn't doing any fancy acrobatics after getting stabbed, he was sitting in a cockpit. So, while it would be eventually fatal, and extremely painful, it's not like you can't move.


What you should be asking about is how his leg didn't have any problems in the pit (and afterwards).

Please, he's the goddamn Batman.
He's not going to let a little thing like a bum leg or a stab wound or a spine injury or a nuclear explosion keep him down.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
Paaaz
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Philippines33 Posts
August 08 2012 07:48 GMT
#1899
On August 08 2012 15:05 starfries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On August 08 2012 02:29 EpiK wrote:
On August 08 2012 01:29 paralleluniverse wrote:
I saw the movie today, I enjoyed it a lot. The ending was very satisfying and well done.

However, I'm highly confused about how Batman magically healed from being stabbed.

the same way he magically healed from a spinal injury . Lazy writing.

He had a dislocated vertebrae, and had 5 months to recover from it.

And stab wounds aren't instantly fatal, especially since she wasn't trying to stab him to death. More importantly, he wasn't doing any fancy acrobatics after getting stabbed, he was sitting in a cockpit. So, while it would be eventually fatal, and extremely painful, it's not like you can't move.


What you should be asking about is how his leg didn't have any problems in the pit (and afterwards).

Please, he's the goddamn Batman.
He's not going to let a little thing like a bum leg or a stab wound or a spine injury or a nuclear explosion keep him down.

Best possible explanation to the whole inconsistency thing.
Prof. Protoss
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Germany744 Posts
August 08 2012 23:44 GMT
#1900
On August 06 2012 13:35 Scarecrow wrote:
Really disappointed. Nowhere near the quality of the first two. Overly long, boring and predictable. The plot was really poorly paced: the beat down and pit needed to come earlier. The finale just felt so limp and plodding, killing the toy tanks until what's her name crashed and died. The catwoman/robin sideshows added very little. The 'Rise' from the pit had almost no emotional impact. It was honestly hard to care about anyone in this movie.

Other issues: stupid Robin shit on the bridge. Needed a more intense Bane final battle for how much he was built up, less of that stupid helicoptor and toy tanks. More Batman and cool gadgets. Either make it a full on Avenger's style blockbuster or give it some real emotional impact, for me it had neither. The script and acting was also sub-par compared to the two previous films.


listen to this man!

(fitting username btw
Don't mess the fess!
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 535
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota60
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3966
Other Games
FrodaN979
Beastyqt515
Liquid`Hasu313
Khaldor249
olofmeister187
Livibee184
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 123
ZombieGrub66
QueenE50
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 24
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra413
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.