• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:45
CEST 12:45
KST 19:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12213 users

Why does everyone hate noobs so much? - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Shigy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States346 Posts
December 01 2010 03:33 GMT
#141
noobs in sc2 don't bother me at all, not one bit. this is because sc2 revolves around 1v1 play. the problem with noobs is when they are on your team.

playing wow, or dota, or any heavily cooperative game with a noob is when the bashing really goes down. some noobs quietly take the beating while others get defensive, it's the defensive ones that drive ya nuts
humansherdog
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada85 Posts
December 01 2010 03:33 GMT
#142
because noobs talk too much and don't listen enough.

they think all of their ideas are relevant. "hi i'm silver but i think x is OP".
Shigy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States346 Posts
December 01 2010 03:37 GMT
#143
On December 01 2010 12:28 Minzy wrote: but if you can't make up for them, at least in DotA, expect to be flamed(in fact i have many fond memory's of flaming noobs out of games

lovely, i have many fond memories of being on the receiving and of this assholism. i understand it, but damn it sucks when you're really trying to do good and some guy on your team calls you out every time you die
Tzel
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States72 Posts
December 01 2010 03:38 GMT
#144
I think there's a lot of newb and noob hating because people think that they should have gotten more AI and 1v1 experience first before engaging in the multiplayer community and possibly bringing down the ranks of the people around them. However if you're a noob, you need to learn how to deal with the fact that if the pros aren't saying it's OP, it's probably not /: I'm new to SC2, so I would never dream of calling out a unit as OP - only calling out the fact that I can't manage a good counter or something.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
pfods
Profile Joined September 2010
United States895 Posts
December 01 2010 03:40 GMT
#145
noobs don't bother me until they interfere with me. it's why i can't play random 2v2. if i lose a game on 1v1 i accept that it was my fault. if i lose because some noob went one base battlecruiser rush in a 2v2 and then BMs me for not holding off the other teams combined army, then i rage.

Ghin
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States2391 Posts
December 01 2010 03:41 GMT
#146
There's always someone willing to write a book about any subject. Being a noob just means you're too lazy to look for resources to get better.
Legalize drugs and murder.
Wireless Mouse
Profile Joined August 2010
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 03:42:23
December 01 2010 03:42 GMT
#147
^^^ Attitudes like Minzy's are why I stay away from DotA.

I think it's a combination of arrogance and frustration that inevitably channels downward towards less skilled players. The newer you are, the more you feel it, but I think it happens at all levels of gaming. It is especially worse in team games where teams are inevitably going to get stacked in public games.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
December 01 2010 03:42 GMT
#148
On December 01 2010 04:14 Tien wrote:
No one hates noobs.


People hate noobs that think they know everything.


SC2 brought an army of them here.


This.

A lot of times, there are new guys that come onto TL with a lot of stuff to offer. Then you have people who's first post is to put up a link to their stream without even putting any major effort whatsoever.

And then you have people who always say "hey guys, new user, long time lurker"....And then you get those exact same people writing posts about something that either doesn't make sense or is totally off the mark. It's when that happens that people start hatin' on the noobies.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
pedduck
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Thailand468 Posts
December 01 2010 03:43 GMT
#149
I don't think 1-1 player hate noob..lol

It 's difference thing on team play. Everyone would like to have skill player in their team.

In a forum, noob is ok as long as they don't act like a pro.
x-Catalyst
Profile Joined August 2010
United States921 Posts
December 01 2010 03:46 GMT
#150
I look at a newb as being, well, new. I don't hate on them at all, I do what I can to help if I can considering everyone is a newb at some point. However, I look at the term "noob" as being someone who is just generally stupid. Not someone who is seriously looking for help or assistance, but someone with an idiotic attitude who happen to think they know everything, without even bothering to learn anything.
agarangu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 04:04:01
December 01 2010 04:02 GMT
#151
On December 01 2010 12:41 Ghin wrote:
There's always someone willing to write a book about any subject. Being a noob just means you're too lazy to look for resources to get better.


Well in my experience, no matter how much I read about how to play (the entire liquipedia's Terran Strategy, many times), and how much I practiced against the AI, the first time online they just crushed me. In SCBW, in a game titled "2v2 noob".

I think playing against humans is the only way to really learn how to play. That's my humble opinion.
What's a quote anyway?
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
December 01 2010 04:33 GMT
#152
On December 01 2010 13:02 agarangu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2010 12:41 Ghin wrote:
There's always someone willing to write a book about any subject. Being a noob just means you're too lazy to look for resources to get better.


Well in my experience, no matter how much I read about how to play (the entire liquipedia's Terran Strategy, many times), and how much I practiced against the AI, the first time online they just crushed me. In SCBW, in a game titled "2v2 noob".

I think playing against humans is the only way to really learn how to play. That's my humble opinion.


I disagree. For the longest time, I always winged the way I played against other people. My builds were all based loosely around a concept of what I wanted. Sure I got D+, but I never got anywhere farther than that because I didn't have the resources and the study to advance to the next level.

The other day I learned the proper timings and build order for the Flash Build, and my TvP ability just jumped straight through the roof after using it. While playing against humans helps you adapt to the creativity that humans possess, nothing is going to replace reading and studying how to play in general.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
agarangu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 04:03:13
December 02 2010 03:57 GMT
#153
On December 01 2010 13:33 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2010 13:02 agarangu wrote:
On December 01 2010 12:41 Ghin wrote:
There's always someone willing to write a book about any subject. Being a noob just means you're too lazy to look for resources to get better.


Well in my experience, no matter how much I read about how to play (the entire liquipedia's Terran Strategy, many times), and how much I practiced against the AI, the first time online they just crushed me. In SCBW, in a game titled "2v2 noob".

I think playing against humans is the only way to really learn how to play. That's my humble opinion.


I disagree. For the longest time, I always winged the way I played against other people. My builds were all based loosely around a concept of what I wanted. Sure I got D+, but I never got anywhere farther than that because I didn't have the resources and the study to advance to the next level.

The other day I learned the proper timings and build order for the Flash Build, and my TvP ability just jumped straight through the roof after using it. While playing against humans helps you adapt to the creativity that humans possess, nothing is going to replace reading and studying how to play in general.


That's getting a little off topic, don't you think?

In your example, you had been playing for a while and then you learned a build, and it worked. But by then you were no longer a noob or newbie ("...For the longest time..."), you were just playing without a build. You already knew the game, so the reading helped.

When you really are a noob (someone who has just started) it does not matter how much you read. You need to practice against people in order to play well and gain the ability to follow a build order, for example. Maybe I didn't explane myself clearly in my first replay. Sorry about that.
What's a quote anyway?
whydowefall
Profile Joined November 2010
United States9 Posts
December 02 2010 06:14 GMT
#154
I have a lot more experience in the poker world than the SC world, and you would be amazed at how prevalent noob bashing is on the tables. These are the fishes of the card game, the only reasons high stakes games run anymore, and there are players left and right telling them how terrible they are; in other words, they are telling them how to manage that money they had been attempting to donate. I always sit back and wonder why these people feel the need to tell some terrible player that plays for fun and doesn't mind the losses that he should get better.

Why would you want that? Why would you want the players to get better?

The same can be said, to a much lesser extent, for Star Craft. You should love having players worse than you around! They are there for developing skills to use at higher levels, with a nice little boost to the winrate at the same time. And even if they are bad, they might not care, so why should you ruin the fun of a player who is just playing recreationally that you will never, EVER play again.

So I'm not really surprised at how negative the SC community could be towards new players, no. But it does discourage a lot of players, who may have eventually gone on to do great things.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 06:27:17
December 02 2010 06:19 GMT
#155
Newbs (people who are actually new to the game) I try to help.

Also, I play Halo online quite often, and my friends (who I now avoid on it), will just do the most RETARDED thing possible, then blame the game. They either say "That's BS" or "lolhax," when if they stopped blaming the game and thinking they were God, and watched some replays, they could be quite good. Those are the kind of noobs that I hate.

Oh yeah, arrogant 12 year old noobs ftl.

Edit: People who "hate" on the noobs are just as bad though. When I play a team game online (like on Halo), a lot of time if a guy doing really well has a team full of bad people, instead of trying to help, he just blames them. Saying things like "You guys fucking suck," and "You're all retarded," isn't really helping the team.

So maybe part of it is selfishness.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
hugedong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States510 Posts
December 02 2010 06:21 GMT
#156
It's just another word to use to insult someone. They don't literally mean you are a noob therefore I hate you. It's just a word with a negative meaning. Someone calling you a faggot doesn't actually imply that you are gay, but rather they are just insulting you for whatever reason.
Resolve
Profile Joined August 2010
Singapore679 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 07:00:19
December 02 2010 07:00 GMT
#157
wrong thread T_T
TheGiftedApe
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1243 Posts
December 02 2010 07:09 GMT
#158
I like newbs, they give me free wins, and I give them some pointers, its a win win. However I can't stand newbs that watch 4 day9 dailies and think oh now im a pro gamer, and try to tell other nebs how to play what to do, that drives me crazy.


ie: if your a newb act like it.
xO-Gaming.com || [xO]TheGiftedApe.364 || xO-Gaming Manager.
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 08:40:19
December 02 2010 08:21 GMT
#159
I really hate noobs because they are the type of people who never shut up at LANs about how they won this game and brag how much of a strategic genius they are. (OH SHI- THE REINCARNATION OF GENGHIS KHAN!!!111!!!!) They show me their replays, they do not ask for help, they do not accept criticism, and they are the best players in the world. But the reason people do not recognize them for being the best is because they are unlucky 99% of the time.

However, I cannot respect someone just for being good at a game. Ultimately, it contributes little to society and the only people you can only brag about being good at a game to other nerds. Sadly, I wish this was the same for jocks.
That is the reason why I like newbies. They often jump from one game to another quickly, but they usually bring the most fun to a game compared to the hardcore players who appear (but not at all) to believe that video games determine how good of a human being you are.
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
December 02 2010 09:10 GMT
#160
I dont think "newbs" (I find noob term extermly offensive) are horrible persons themselves in anyway. Only when newbie is going to ask or question something while being ignorant.
I think it's mostly the arrogance that some newbies have. They come often with conclusion that the problem is in the game or someone else and not in themselves. Obiously this has something to do with age IMO which would explain the difference between WoW and EVE/SC communities.
as useful as teasalt
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings136
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11291
FanTaSy 1399
Hyuk 845
Horang2 577
BeSt 507
Pusan 244
Stork 196
Killer 116
Zeus 109
Mind 105
[ Show more ]
sorry 103
Last 97
Hyun 57
EffOrt 53
ggaemo 52
PianO 49
ToSsGirL 41
Snow 37
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 21
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
byalli695
x6flipin219
Other Games
gofns38462
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 15m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 0
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
Replay Cast
12h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.