• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:21
CEST 01:21
KST 08:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8680 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 108

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 143 Next
MediaOcrity
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia25 Posts
July 11 2011 06:11 GMT
#2141
I use my ID for most of my online presence.
It was my main character in WoW.
It is my Xbox live name
It is my SC2 name on SEA and NA

I found a song by my friends band called "Mediaocrity" and it clicked.
The mediocre nature of todays media is ridiculously obvious and just sad.

Therefore, i found my name

PS i think it sounds cool
EGIdrA FvRMediaOcrity
Datalore
Profile Joined June 2011
United States3 Posts
July 11 2011 06:15 GMT
#2142
I used to be MadMob. I was pretty young when I picked that name and I first made it for Warcraft III. I wanted AngryMob but that was taken so MadMob was pretty close.

I still use MadMob for some things but it just seems kinda dumb so I've been switching over to Datalore which is the name of an episode of Star Trek TNG. Datalore also rolls off the tongue really well
"And now for something completely different..." -Monty Python
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 06:20:59
July 11 2011 06:17 GMT
#2143
kalany=khalani which is the Protoss language but I anglicized it in a sense....but it's not really my i.d.
"There is no spoon."
AGIANTSMURF
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1232 Posts
July 11 2011 06:24 GMT
#2144
This name was created before i got into SC2 or SC in general... I was big on FPS at the time (Call of duty etc.....)

I used to use my initials followed by my last name as my id (Ex: BWayne) and i decided that was lame. I asked my older bro to help me pick a new name that would seem very funny each time i scored a kill

(because the game would always say at the bottom of the screen: You have been killed by(insert name here))

So i wanted a name that would make people either laugh or feel bad about themselves each time i killed him


You have been Killed by A_GIANT_SMURF seem to fit there pretty nicely so I stuck with it. Its a shame that SC2 doesnt allow underscores......
Thats "Grand-Master" SMURF to you.....
Jacopana
Profile Joined September 2009
El Salvador210 Posts
July 11 2011 06:26 GMT
#2145
My full name in short: Josué Antonio COto PANAmá = JACOPANA
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
July 11 2011 06:28 GMT
#2146
I'm an American, but when I married I took my German wife's last name of Stürmer. When I wanted to start a blog shortly therafter, I decided to go with The American Umlaut, and I've been using that as my online identity ever since.

On SC2 I go by Capybara, which I switched to after seeing the capybaras at the Duisburg Zoo and realizing that they're the coolest animals ever.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Andolini
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden25 Posts
July 11 2011 06:29 GMT
#2147
Pretty easy really, Vito Corleones(You know, the dude from Godfather) last name was actually Andolini. Since i really liked the movie when i started traversing the web, i went with that.
Electricity from the pills in me.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 11 2011 06:38 GMT
#2148
Was playing Halo in computer class in highschool (Class mainly consisted of us getting around the restrictions and playing games)

I went though multiple names trying to find one that is offensive/gross but not appear that way at a glance.

And no, I'm not poopfeast420, as I get asked often on HoN
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
jaminski
Profile Joined September 2010
England84 Posts
July 11 2011 07:32 GMT
#2149
jaminski is a mix of my nickname "jamin" and my friends messing around with russian and polish accents hence "ski" but my IGN name MAcrophobia which speaks for itself im not one to cheese but im not very good at macro games :D
[ Macrophobia ] [ EU Protoss ] [ Mid Master ]
JamesJohansen
Profile Joined September 2010
United States213 Posts
July 11 2011 07:41 GMT
#2150
"JamesJohansen" Is my go to fake name/alias for things when I'm not feeling creative (if im creative, itd be something like Ben Dover).

Used to be random pink floyd songs when I was much younger.
Runaground
Profile Joined February 2010
Moldova36 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 07:49:20
July 11 2011 07:48 GMT
#2151
I'm just in love with "James - Runaground" song And it sounds so cool!
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
July 11 2011 07:49 GMT
#2152
I stamp keys avidly.
Jaedong
modesttoss
Profile Joined June 2011
United States221 Posts
July 11 2011 07:52 GMT
#2153
I google searched my current ID Asteria. It was back in the beta and I wanted some greek goddess name that wasn't too common like Aphrodite or something. Looking to change it soon though.
Zenaton
Profile Joined April 2011
United States16 Posts
July 11 2011 07:55 GMT
#2154
My first online id was DMAN7001 back when I played runescape which makes me think wow just looking back at the name. My current name was my WoW not much thought went into it just thought paladin=a ton of zen so Zenaton came out.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
July 11 2011 08:11 GMT
#2155
Back in my middle high school years, playing a popular MMO, I was at the character screen thinking of what to name a character I would seek to destroy other people with in 1v1 or team settings. The thought came of the villain from "The Count of Monte Cristo." He was crafty and evil. His greed and pride eventually led to his downfall. What a perfect name for a character whose profession was assassination behind the scenes and racial background selfishness and patient evil?

Name was coined. Became good at the game and got known among that community. Stuck with it when I found an RTS to get back into (Only did MMO because my past RTS community was dead)
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
July 11 2011 08:11 GMT
#2156



awwwww yeah
zeOllie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Australia486 Posts
July 11 2011 10:22 GMT
#2157
Was thinking of a new ID that incorporated my name: Ollie
then I was like I'm "theOllie"

was like that's too corny

ok, what about zeOllie? like the with a french accnet (lol)

the rest is history...
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
July 11 2011 10:45 GMT
#2158
Hassybaby

When I was in the first year of A-Levels (11th graders in America?) I was in my Further Maths class talking to my friend Tim. I can't remember what the conversation was about exactly, but he randomly called me Hassybaby for some reason, then went on to say "Hey, that should be your new nickname!"

I hated it at first, but Tim was one of those guys whom everyone knew, and within about a week, he pretty much had the entire college calling me Hassybaby. I just accepted the inevitable and went with it, but I quite like it now

Its got to the point that people don't know my actual name, they just call me Hassy or Hassybaby......
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
July 11 2011 10:48 GMT
#2159
Back when I was a kid I used to drink lots of Coca Cola, and the nick just stuck with.
HelloxD
Profile Joined May 2011
378 Posts
July 11 2011 10:54 GMT
#2160
my name helloxd comes from..
my first intention joining teamliquid was to 'have fun'

hello + troll face
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 127
ViBE97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14272
firebathero 116
Hyuk 56
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
febbydoto91
League of Legends
Doublelift4309
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5519
Other Games
summit1g8435
FrodaN2165
mouzStarbuck437
JimRising 426
KnowMe220
ArmadaUGS117
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1179
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• musti20045 32
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 39m
INu's Battles
12h 39m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 39m
Replay Cast
23h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.