• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:06
CEST 08:06
KST 15:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9049 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 109

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 143 Next
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
July 11 2011 10:55 GMT
#2161
Redox is short for reduction/oxidation.
I work on the regulation of enzymes per reduction/oxidation, also called redox regulation. Its my PhD work.

So yeah its what I do and it doesnt even sound that bad.

Off-season = best season
darcevader88
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada648 Posts
July 11 2011 10:59 GMT
#2162
D'arce Vader

D'arce is my favorite choke in BJJ/MMA and my friend just calling me D'arce Vader as a play on Darth (obviously) because I went to like 2-3 tournament in a row and just beat everyone with that choke.
"The ground is my ocean, I'm the shark and most people don't even know how to swim."
mki
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Poland882 Posts
July 11 2011 11:05 GMT
#2163
My old nick used to be something I remember back in Counter-Strike. One of my friends said it looked retarded and told me to change it. He had a very short nick (vuuu), so I figured I'd make it something short. I took my name Max Kieturakis at first and wrote it MKieturakis. Then I took the first three letters and that's that.

mki
Head of New Business at Team Kinguin :: https://www.teamkinguin.com
S.O.U.L
Profile Joined March 2011
Latvia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 11:07:28
July 11 2011 11:06 GMT
#2164
so the first ID that i had was when i was like 8 maybe even younger! it was kain6 and i still use that e-mail from that very day xD the story was pretty much playing the game legacy of kain on ps1, damn i loved it so i took that name, but now it associates with the kent cigarettes to someppl, dont know why so dont ask xD
my second and 3rd doesnt really have abig story behind them, my second was urban6, dont really know why it was liek that, and sinis30 was because, sinis in my country means, a guy who drinks a lot! :D but my most recent ones like PacifiC that i used for a while was just because i am a bit like an emo or something im very silent and i dont talk too much! i had a nick TheLegend :D yeah pretty funny, though i pretty much sucked at every single game, but i still was a legend xD but ofcourse my latest nick! made it due to that i want to become a musician! S.O.U.L, in my opinion for me doesnt mean like human soul or anything, cause souls dont really exist, thats pretty much how we pronounce our living or whatever! i see it as 2 things, 1st one Sight Of Ur Love (for my musician career if someone will ask, if i become a good musician ofcourse ^^), the 2nd one is Sniper Of Untold Limits (pretty much for gaming) there ya go ^^
CezA
Sableyeah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands2119 Posts
July 11 2011 11:15 GMT
#2165
Sableye the Pokémon!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Oh Yeah!! C wat I did thar?
BoA | Sunny | HyunA | ChoA | Hyemi // Preoccupied with a single leaf, you won't see the tree. Preoccupied with a single tree and you will miss the entire f0rest - Takuan Soho
Johndarke
Profile Joined June 2011
United States81 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 11:19:59
July 11 2011 11:16 GMT
#2166
I'm a writer, and this name is the main character of a childhood novel that I wrote (and for the most part have given up on, my newest novel idea is proving to be much more compelling).

Soon, I plan on changing my ID to Solenssvard. Swedish for the Sun's Sword. My personal emblem is a sword in the sun and two of my best friends are from Sweden, so there ya go!

Edit: The image

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Leenock, TheSTC, MC, MVP, Boxer HWAITING!!!!!!!
Ruffhouse
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany6 Posts
July 11 2011 11:33 GMT
#2167
I was at a festival called Reggaejam in Bersenbrück, Germany. One of the Artists was a Soundpatrol (Reggae-Dj) called Ruffhouse, wich means kind of "a small old shack". Only a few germans understand the word, when they hear it the first time.

I keep this nick for several reasons, on of them being the following story: When we are raiding in wow, things have to go quick. So we are sitting in Teamspeak, giving orders and my name often gets abbreviated:
someone: "Ruff, I need heal!"
me: "Yeah Ruff, just the way your mother likes it!"
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." - Groucho Marx
Saicam
Profile Joined July 2011
262 Posts
July 11 2011 11:39 GMT
#2168
Its my last name spelled backwards
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 11:40:33
July 11 2011 11:39 GMT
#2169
Mine is a swedish wordplay... which won't make much sense in english, but whatever. Essentially: "Hackspetten" is pronounced the same way as my nick, and directly translated to english means "The Woodpecker". Thing is that in swedish, the word "peck" is the same as the word "hack". So I just put it together as "HaXXspetten" and thought it was funny at the time. (Although in english it would be "The Woodhacker" and make no sense at all) I was a 12 year old CS-player back then, have mercy alright? -.-
obsKura
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland1061 Posts
July 11 2011 11:42 GMT
#2170
I always have been a bit different than the rest (a goth, listening to "bad" music, playing games and so on), somehow obscure to others which is obskur in german. Added an "a" at the end for the female version.
C9 ~^v^~ In EE-sama we trust. ~^v^~ C9
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
July 11 2011 12:00 GMT
#2171
I got mine after watching MKP play that one game on Terminus when it first came out against Kyrix I think. He used pure mech, and it was weird seeing the king of marines using it, so I changed my name to MechKing in his honor. xD
DiaBoLuS
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany1638 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 12:22:06
July 11 2011 12:13 GMT
#2172
i played diablo II and wanted to be cool.

after that, Dan Brown gave me shitloads of money to use my nick as the title of his new book.
European Ranking: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=182293
leBIGcrab
Profile Joined February 2011
France313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 12:18:51
July 11 2011 12:18 GMT
#2173
From age 17 to 20 i played FFXI Online 365/7/24. Was really addicted and a friend of mine said that i was like a big (i'm quite tall) crab hidden under my rock.

It stayed.
Agathon
Profile Joined February 2011
France1505 Posts
July 11 2011 12:25 GMT
#2174
(Carefull, many spoilers about Battlestar Galactica in this link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Agathon

I love this character from Battlestar Galactica.

He his naïve, blinded by love, weak, a bit coward, not even a good soldier. He is the most "real human" of this TV show.
"C'est au pied du mur, qu'on voit le mieux...le mur".
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
July 11 2011 12:30 GMT
#2175
I use DrSeRRoD for Account IDs and Nomak for Character IDs whenever they are available.

DrSeRRoD = Dr. + a combination of my first and last name.

Nomak = I thought the bad guy from Blade 2 was really cool. He had a shaved head (like me) and he was a Vampire that ate other Vampires and made them look like weaklings. I thought that was pretty hardcore so made that my character name whenever I could (starting with EQ and beyond).
Titorelli
Profile Joined March 2011
2492 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 12:30:52
July 11 2011 12:30 GMT
#2176
Its a character from Kafkas process (the one who paints the judges of the courts). I absolutely ADORE Kafka, he the greatest artist of the entire human history

I kinda liked this character and his description when I first read the process even though I was way too young to "get" Kafka (was about 14 yrs old).
"Everybody poops.... after Tasteless kills them" Artosis
jkos86
Profile Joined March 2011
50 Posts
July 11 2011 12:33 GMT
#2177
Well my english name is John Kim and i grew up in sydney. John Kim is a really really really common name (like english equivalent woult be john smith) and i knew like 10 other john kims close to my age group growing up in highschool so i made the email johnkimofsydney which became j.k.o.s.
zev318
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada4306 Posts
July 11 2011 12:37 GMT
#2178
i sat around for an hour while making my second wow character and came up with zev, very surprised that it wasnt taken, was a good 3-4 months after the game was out. it doesnt actually mean anything and i add 318 whenever zev is actually taken on any forums.

the idea probably affected by my ff11 character also, which was named sevlidric or something like that, googled some elf names and picked that one.
Order
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Lithuania231 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 12:41:31
July 11 2011 12:40 GMT
#2179
On July 11 2011 21:33 jkos86 wrote:
Well my english name is John Kim and i grew up in sydney. John Kim is a really really really common name (like english equivalent woult be john smith) and i knew like 10 other john kims close to my age group growing up in highschool so i made the email johnkimofsydney which became j.k.o.s.


wow it sounds like those guys from old tales you know like Robin Hood is Robin of Sherwood :D



There isn't really a story behind my ID.. I always use "legendary" like everywhere because when I was 13 I watched too many DBZ so that nickname came from those legendary sayans who seemed to be so badass at that time. But of course legendary is always taken, so I needed a new one.

I don't know why I ended up calling myself Order. It just sounds like one of those cool one-unrelated-work-korean-progamer-names like Reach, Sea, Flash.. :D And Order just sounds so proud lol idk really :D

Oh and when Order is taken I just add LTU making it OrderLTU (LTU stands for Lithuania).
Common Sense - so rare that it's a super power
RaKooNs
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom397 Posts
July 11 2011 12:47 GMT
#2180
My I.D. takes me back to the days of guild wars where i was a avid PvP player with an assassin. As i thought i was pretty good and guild wars is a 3rd person MMORPG i wanted to have a nice name to tell my enemies i was good, and that i knew it.
I came up with Watch-yourself die (However, i didnt enough characters so i did this - Watchurself die)
I carried this over recently to SC2 .

Pretty un-imaginative XD
If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow - SlayerS_MMA
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 563
Larva 473
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 740
Other Games
summit1g8700
WinterStarcraft434
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2300
League of Legends
• Rush1351
• Lourlo1077
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 55m
INu's Battles
5h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 55m
Replay Cast
16h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.