• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:52
CEST 05:52
KST 12:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9824 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 110

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 143 Next
Pneumothorax
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom68 Posts
July 11 2011 12:52 GMT
#2181
I have suffered 7 Spontaneous Pneumothoraxes.

A Pneumothorax is a lung collapse, spontaneous is basically it happening 'out of the blue'. Have just used it as my alias ever since
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
July 11 2011 12:57 GMT
#2182
On July 11 2011 21:52 Pneumothorax wrote:
I have suffered 7 Spontaneous Pneumothoraxes.

A Pneumothorax is a lung collapse, spontaneous is basically it happening 'out of the blue'. Have just used it as my alias ever since

Holy crap, that doesn't sound like fun.

I learned the word pneumothorax from a Japanese novel in which a character has one induced -- air pumped into the outside of the lung, to relieve the symptoms of TB, if I remember right -- and just reading the word again gives me the squicky shivers.

I really wish I could remember which book that was.
The frumious Bandersnatch
snexwang
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia224 Posts
July 11 2011 13:03 GMT
#2183
At 7 years of age, I started to play magical internet computer games. It wasn't long until I realised I needed to come up with a "nickname" for myself. I thought long and hard about all of my favourite things ever before finally deciding on "SNES" (as in the Super Nintendo).

Unfortunately, when I entered the name into the game, I made a minor typo and ended up with "SNEX". It actually took me a few hours to notice my error and when I did, well.. needless to say, kids under 10 seem to be utterly fascinated by the letter "x" (the more the better!) and I was no different. So I stuck with it.

Several years later, I discovered that my alias had another meaning: anal fisting.

.... Which I thought was fucking hilarious.

So I stuck with it.

A few more years later, "snex" appeared to pick up in popularity. I was aware of at least two other people by the name of "snex" in the world. Adamant on being a unique snowflake, I added "wang" (because LOL WANG LOL IT MEANS PENIS XD XD XD!!1!1!) to the end of it. However, I'm convinced I was the original snex.

There you have it. I've been snexwang since 2006.

I think it kind of has a nice ring to it.

Also, no homo (honestly).
Archontas
Profile Joined September 2010
United States319 Posts
July 11 2011 13:12 GMT
#2184
Archontas is the Greek word for "lord" or "master". When I played WoW, I hit the random name generator a few times and got some name that was close to it, and thought "hey, that would be a cool handle" and I've been using it since.
If you ban me, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
weareallclowns
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark113 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 13:15:01
July 11 2011 13:13 GMT
#2185
When I was a teenager and rebellious I listened a lot (!) to Korn, one of the songs on their debut is called Clown. My name for a time was Klown, or D'Klown, when I played CS. I got older, it changed to b-thor (lame, but in relation to my real name), and btor (kewl!); the clowny thing disappeared. When it was time to find a name for sc2, I didn't want a one word name but something deeper (as deep as possible for 12 letters), I like Timothy Levitch's quote: We are the authors of ourselves, co-authoring a gigantic Dostoevsky novel starring clowns, so it became "werallclowns".
we are all co-authoring a gigantic Dostoevsky novel, starring clowns! - T. Levitch
MaYuu
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Sweden516 Posts
July 11 2011 13:18 GMT
#2186
When I went to high school you all got login names for the computers and mine was 89majo50 since my name is Mathias Johnsson, and I'm a major anime geek so I made it sound japanese with Mayuu :D
ehh`?
Am0n3r
Profile Joined April 2010
United States254 Posts
July 11 2011 13:23 GMT
#2187
Needed a nickname to play CS, friend suggested to get something SpecOps related, figured Omon is one of the most badass teams there are. Later on started looking into more details about the name. Funny thing is that a discovered some DJs, real people with that name later on in life. Amoner - Amun - Egyptian God, Omon - Russian SpecOps, Amon - a goetic demon...
Get comfortable being uncomfortable
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
July 11 2011 13:33 GMT
#2188
My name, Aegon, is taken from "Aegon the Conqueror" from the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin.
reapsen
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany559 Posts
July 11 2011 13:49 GMT
#2189
When i got my first own computer around 1997, me and my friends were mostly into Quake and CS. I somehow came up with the name "Dr.Death", which sounded super badass to me at that time.

About a year later i started to find that name incredibly cheesy and stupid so i tried to come up with something else. At that time i played this trading card came based off of Shadowrun and there were plenty of "heroes" with pretty cool names. So i decided to pick "Reaper". With time passing the name has gone through some dozen of variations in notation (ReApEr, reAper, ... ) and form (reapinho, reaphimself, rpr, ...). The one that stuck was then "reapsen", with -sen beeing a popular suffix in northern germany to give people nicknames, like Tobias -> Tobsen, Jens -> Jensen and so on.
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
July 11 2011 13:51 GMT
#2190
Freshman year of college I went to a Halloween party as sexual harassment panda from the South Park episode. When I started singing one of my friends said, "No. Stop it, bad fat panda." So I made it one word and thus has been my ID ever since.
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
LioRawr
Profile Joined May 2011
56 Posts
July 11 2011 13:52 GMT
#2191
When I started playing MMO's & RTS games, I had to think of a name but I wanted to be able to be called like it RL, too. I'm not a big fan ob abstract names or spellings with numbers or such. I used google to check several name-giving pages and stuck with the name "Lioba", which I had never heard of but is an actual name for daughters. I somehow fell in love with that name, yet I added another "i" and made "Liobia" out of it. Most people tend to go for "Lio" for short, but I really like the sound of both names. The Rawr was added later for the reason of ... rawr!
KyNe.
Profile Joined June 2011
United States3 Posts
July 11 2011 13:57 GMT
#2192
KYNE is wat i used to write on the side of walls. sounds cool but looks even cooooooler when written
stfu
Eleaven
Profile Joined September 2010
772 Posts
July 11 2011 15:01 GMT
#2193
One of my original sc names was "Scrimpton"
Which is a completely factitious word created by Ricky Gervais when Karl pilkington asked him to come up with a "new word" for a scientific ingrediant in shampoo.
(the first word was cranbrily, but karl said it wouldn't get past advertising lol)
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
July 11 2011 15:03 GMT
#2194
On July 11 2011 22:57 KyNe. wrote:
KYNE is wat i used to write on the side of walls. sounds cool but looks even cooooooler when written


why would you write that on the side of walls? O.o
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
k10forgotten
Profile Joined September 2010
Brazil260 Posts
July 11 2011 15:13 GMT
#2195
k10: My name's Caio. K = Ca phonetically (in Portuguese). 10 = IO. ;P
and forgotten is a really cool name to say.


Man, I was 13 at the time I chose this nick! And as far as I can tell, no one has taken this nick in any forum or whatever besides me - because of that I've been using this ever since.
I fear no enemy, for the Khala is my strength! I fear not death, for our strength is eternal.
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
July 11 2011 15:17 GMT
#2196
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
starsucks
Profile Joined January 2011
233 Posts
July 11 2011 15:20 GMT
#2197
I registered here after masterleague had been introduced in order to flame about the ugly medal for this league.
tripledoubles
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia213 Posts
July 11 2011 15:21 GMT
#2198
Triple doubles in basketball means you've gotten double figures in 3 categories eg 30points 10rebounds 10assists. Very hard to do, and you've dominated the game.

I've been using the tag since I was 17, so been about 8 years now, use tripdubs or trips when it is too long though, so I'm trips in sc2 now
seoul_kiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States545 Posts
July 11 2011 15:23 GMT
#2199
My name is Sol Kim.
My id is miklos
My team liquid id is Seoul_kiM. (capital of South Korea and sounds like my name).
oGs.MC: Repair IMBAAAAAAAAAAa
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
July 11 2011 15:28 GMT
#2200
I played Fallout when I was about 8 years old, and thought it was the best game I've ever played. Years later I still think its the best RPG ever, with Fallout 2 coming in as a close second. I try not to think about Fallout 3.

Suffice to say, I thought radscorpions were really cool (they were oversized scorpions due to the effects of radiation after global nuclear war)...and I like numbers, so I combined the two and voila: Radscorpion9 .
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 209
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 568
NaDa 58
Leta 29
Larva 27
TT1 19
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 695
Other Games
summit1g8819
WinterStarcraft416
Mew2King107
ViBE98
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1391
BasetradeTV256
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1074
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 8m
INu's Battles
8h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 8m
Replay Cast
19h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.