• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:05
CEST 08:05
KST 15:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9065 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 111

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 143 Next
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
July 11 2011 15:36 GMT
#2201
When I started playing StarCraft, I thought that Zerg just sucked, and the only good races were Protoss and Terran until someone showed me a video of JulyZerg playing that famous game against TheRock. It made me an instant fan.

I couldn't think of a name on TL, but my name is Nina and I like Zerg, so it all just kind of came together.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
CosmosXAM
Profile Joined April 2011
United States121 Posts
July 11 2011 15:44 GMT
#2202
My name used to be Solocosmos, i took my middle name and just tacked a solo on the front for some reason (might have something to do with me being a fan of star wars and Han Solo) but then i changed it to CosmosXAM for a smurf bw account and ended up just putting my first name backwards at the end of my middle name.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Cry, and you cry alone.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 15:46:41
July 11 2011 15:45 GMT
#2203
On April 04 2010 18:42 Husky wrote:
1) It confuses the hell out of everyone. Upon first seeing it you are bound to think one of three things:
a) He is fat
b) He is a furry
c) He goes to UW (Washington)

I thought you were a furry the first time I found out about you, and a small part of me says you could be a furry cause I've never met you in rl >_>

OP: My ID came from a mix of noob and terminator.
noob + terminator = noobinator

Everybody seems to get a little confused by it cause they say "you really are a noobinator" when I fuck up. I'm considering changing my ID cause of all the bad jokes it attracts :/
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
July 11 2011 15:56 GMT
#2204
Sorrow:

As a child (8-10 years old) I loved following the BW tournys in Korea (for example the Shinhan Bank Proleagues) and I loved the way the korean commentators would deform the english words "lurkers, queens, tanks, plague, mutalisk". I figured the name Sorrow would be easy to pronouce for the korean commentators and sound cool at the same time, following the popular trend of progamers to have a 1 correctly spelled simple word.

Thanks for reading
Sn0Board4life27
Profile Joined May 2011
United States32 Posts
July 11 2011 16:02 GMT
#2205
When I first started playing RTS games (WC3) my name was Runner4life27 (27 being my lucky number)

However, I was in 6th grade and of course had a very bad mouth so that account eventually got banned. Of course this ban occurred while I was on vacation SnoBoarding in colorado, so naturally the name fit.

Note: I choose to ignore the W is SnoBoarding because well.. I can :D
Bonisaur
Profile Joined October 2010
United States26 Posts
July 11 2011 16:03 GMT
#2206
Bonisaur comes from the word Dinosaur combined with my Nickname "Bonnie" that all my gamer friends call me. It probably is Boni which is short for my last name Bonisaur, but all I really see is that they're calling me a girls name

I had an obsession with dinosaurs a few years back and I guess it stuck. I even got my girlfriend's IGN to be reflective of this when I bought her SC2. Now its Bonisaur and Auggiesaur on Battle.net!
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
July 11 2011 16:15 GMT
#2207
I started playing games the required registration back in like 1998 or so and never actually had a name that I liked. I kept using Toxic_Axe when I was young up to like 14 or 15 and then I started playing WoW and started High School. All the people on the football team found out my middle name was Thane so they used it as a way to make fun of me because it was different. By my senior year it was pretty much my nickname. Real life name calling/my middle name became my proud alias online :D

Thane.421
dogmeatstew
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada574 Posts
July 11 2011 16:28 GMT
#2208
I played way to many bioware games as a child and at some point I picked up the handle 'dogmeatstew' in reference to Bulder's Gate 2...

At some point in <insert name's> Hold you make Dogmeatstew and feed it to some umber hulks to distract them or something and the item you make had the favour text:

"Rex, Sparky, Fido and Spot gave their lives to make this stew" (or something)

Which at the time I found really funny, I started using the name and I generally get the username uncontested so I stuck with it.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
July 11 2011 16:30 GMT
#2209
Used to play WoW. Back in vanilla days we got a bunch of druids and trolled people with moonfire spam. Since then moonfire spam has a special place in my heart.
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
July 11 2011 16:37 GMT
#2210
I wanted my sc2 name to be a few things that the majority of my game handles hadnt been. I wanted it to have meaning outside of being just a name, while still relating to who i am. All through beta I brainstormed names until something sparked in my head. my name would be sporadic.

my last name is spor, the name half wrote itself guess.
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
J.Dong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States102 Posts
July 11 2011 16:39 GMT
#2211
My name is Joshua Dong and I abbreviate the first name to make it cool into J.Dong
This was before I watched Korean VODs so I didn't know my name was the same pronunciation as JaeDong... and he plays Zerg not Protoss lol
But I kept it since I liked it and didn't want to change my name.
I like corsairs.
wandakiwi
Profile Joined February 2010
United States22 Posts
July 11 2011 16:40 GMT
#2212
Mine is kind of silly... when I was in high school I used to take kiwis in plastic baggies in my backpack and I'd always squish them with my textbooks before I could eat them... so my 10 year old cousin (at the time) called me the "Kiwi Killer" - and out of that, you put my name with it...and you have wandakiwi

I go by Aura or Aurali in most of the games that I play though... Aura is the Greek Titan goddess of the breeze and the fresh, cool air of early morning.... and Aurali is a play off of the name "Lorelai" because Aura is taken in a lot of places xD
Carpe diem! Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary
.DrK
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada326 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 16:41:59
July 11 2011 16:41 GMT
#2213
DrK stands for dragon king which is the literal meaning of my first name. i originally thought about using DK but it reminded me too much of donkey kong so i opted to add an r instead. and a period in the beginning of my username on teamliquid cause drk was already taken. D:
Stereotype
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States136 Posts
July 11 2011 16:43 GMT
#2214
My nick is an ironic statement about myself.

As a gay gamer, I'm about as non-stereotypical (of both a gay guy and a gamer) as possible.

The nick originated as the name for my female tauren death knight in WoW (which I no longer play, thank god). This usage was also irony, as almost everyone was rolling undead or orc death knights.
Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. -- John Lennon
inSighTsc2
Profile Joined May 2010
United States110 Posts
July 11 2011 16:43 GMT
#2215
My old ID was 'Ecliptic.Sun' when I played warcraft 3:TFT. When I switched over to SC2 I wanted something new! One day I was on youtube and there is an option or thing you can click on that said "Insight". I made a few adjustments to the letters being capital and lowercase to make it to where I like how it is now...inSighT.
Karma's a bitch, right? - Danny Worsnop
Snake Grunger
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada61 Posts
July 11 2011 16:47 GMT
#2216
Way back before the internet, in a time far far away, there were BBSes. I wanted the nickname "Snake" on this one local w4r3z BBS, but someone else had already taken it.... So being the bright 12 year old kid that I was, I wanted to find a nickname nobody else could ever possibly hope of thinking of, so I never have this problem again. I looked around my room, picked up some of the first syllables of objects around me and ended up with "grunger", hence Snake Grunger.
DOODLEcraft anyone ? http://doodlecraft.imgur.com/ -- @doodlecraft on Twitter
ViZe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1513 Posts
July 11 2011 16:48 GMT
#2217
I couldn't decide between VicE and ViZieR so I mixed them. I must admit, it is a pretty silly reason. I will probably switch to one of those two at some point in the future
Tripc897
Profile Joined April 2011
11 Posts
July 11 2011 16:51 GMT
#2218
My name started a long time ago, my dad gave it to me my netpenny log in ID tripc, standing for Triple C, because my Initials are CCC as time went on Tripc was taken, so I added the 897 because it was the first 3 digits of my home phone number. and thus the ID was born
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
July 11 2011 16:53 GMT
#2219
On July 12 2011 01:43 Stereotype wrote:
My nick is an ironic statement about myself.

As a gay gamer, I'm about as non-stereotypical (of both a gay guy and a gamer) as possible.

The nick originated as the name for my female tauren death knight in WoW (which I no longer play, thank god). This usage was also irony, as almost everyone was rolling undead or orc death knights.



I rolled a female tauren warrior and death knight but never finished leveling either of them Everyone thought it was aweful but you never see female tauren who are anything but shaman so I thought it was kind of unique. I no longer play as well lol.
Dispersion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Korea (South)504 Posts
July 11 2011 16:53 GMT
#2220
This was my first character's name in WoW (RIP, account sold ) but I wanted to have a cool name and my friend told me I couldn't have any numbers in it and we had just studied dispersion in physics so I picked that.
Don't worry. Taht's just Halo
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 563
Larva 473
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 740
Other Games
summit1g8700
WinterStarcraft434
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2300
League of Legends
• Rush1351
• Lourlo1077
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 55m
INu's Battles
5h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 55m
Replay Cast
16h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.