• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9945 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 113

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 143 Next
rezzan
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden329 Posts
July 11 2011 19:28 GMT
#2241
Rezzan is actually pretty random, I got the idea for the name when I made a healer class in the MMO Ragnarok Online, the very first time i played the game.. because when ppl want to be ressurected you say "ress me" so i figured being a healer class having something simular to "ress" in the name made sense..

and also because if you read the name like "ressan" it kinda sounds like "ress(essurect) him" in swedish slang
Sponsored by Play3r.net and eurodomination.net www.twitch.tv/tacowtf
XnG_777
Profile Joined June 2011
713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 19:34:28
July 11 2011 19:34 GMT
#2242
I was in a amateur team in DotA called XG, so i decided to call myself XnG, G because of my initials and X to make it similiar to the team name . Always loved the number 7.
Tryxtira
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden572 Posts
July 11 2011 20:34 GMT
#2243
So, the reason I named myself Tryxtira... I started off my internetlife as Zacco. I just made it up because well.. It looks kind of cool, It sounds kind of cool, and I simply was a 11-year-old or so. Then I started playing WoW and wanted something a bit more fitting. Me and my friend leveled together and created our chars together so we first decided class, gender and race, and then tried to figure our some cool names.

I probably spent ours before settling with a Night Elf Druid called Tryxtira, and as WoW works, you become connected to that name and Zacco faded away quickly. I'm always being called Tryx, but I don't like the looks of that name as much, also, that name is actually sometimes taken, whereever you see Tryxtira, you can be almost certain it's me, which is pretty cool!
lvlashimaro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States91 Posts
July 11 2011 20:39 GMT
#2244
when i was in like 8th grade, i found out that korean music existed. i was blown away because until then, i was the only korean kid i knew, so all i really listened to was like blink 182 and whatnot. well, i had my little stint with being super fucking asian because i was like, well.. i'm super far behind in being culturally aware, might as well go balls to the wall.
thus, i found out about mashimaro. and i have small fucking eyes. like puny. and i was also a huge chubster back in the day. naturally i was instantly attached to the chubby bunny.
so maplestory was in its beta, but the name mashimaro was obviously taken >=/. so i just did lvlashimaro haha.

IGN in sc2 is KalbiKing. quite simply, since i work out a lot, i eat a lot. no one out-eats me. kalbi is korean bbq. that shit is delicious. the name was meant to be.
작은 두손을 모은 내 기도는 하나 뿐이야 돌아와
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
July 11 2011 20:43 GMT
#2245
The only thing I love as much as gaming is writing, so a few years ago I changed my tag to Scribe or DScribe (Play on my first initial and Describe) if the first one isn't available. Since I'm not very good at SC2, I'm just Scribble. =P
kunstderfugue
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico375 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 20:49:43
July 11 2011 20:48 GMT
#2246
Back when i was 13 or 14, that i was wayyy into music, i took after bach's guide into making fugues, the 'Kunst der fugue', or the 'Art of Fugue'. It also has some parkour connotations in spanish, seeing as how fugue and escapism have the same word to their meaning: Fuga.

Edit: In SC2 I'm energycore. I created that one when i was 10 or 11; I saw a chart of the parts of a battery.
Old lamps for new!
Phlatline
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Croatia176 Posts
July 11 2011 22:12 GMT
#2247
Well, my "Phlatline" is an old one. I think I used it over a decade. It started out as "Flatline" taken from Gibson's Neuromancer where there is a character mentioned as Charlie Flatline. My friend said that it perfectly suits my personality so he nicked me Flatline^^. Since that is very common nick in gaming world I use a lot of permutations of the nick and one of them is Phlatline bcause I think it reads the same. Could be wrong tho
Konaa
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
July 11 2011 22:37 GMT
#2248
I thought of Cona, then realized that was super feminine so went with Kona.
It wasn't until later that I realized every coffee drinker on the ladder would call me out about it.
kierpanda
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States757 Posts
July 11 2011 22:39 GMT
#2249
kier is the first half of my first name and panda because I'm asian and I think pandas are cuddly.

my ID on AIM (lol) was originally going to be kierbear, but it was taken. It's been my ID since my junior year in high school. It's my XBL and steam ID too. Anything game related, or non-professional, I use the moniker of kierpanda.
I cook things! :3 | Twitter: @kierpanda | www.eatgamelive.com
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
July 11 2011 22:43 GMT
#2250
I searched a Name with V that i could use at as many places as possible.


/success....
Rasp
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada16 Posts
July 11 2011 22:53 GMT
#2251
My last name is Berry so Rasp makes Raspberry... pretty awesome!!!
When you bite off more than you can chew, start chewing
hongo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
207 Posts
July 11 2011 22:58 GMT
#2252
When I was younger my older brother drew a really funny and quick drawing of some weird rat like looking clown. And he named him Hongo the clown. And I carry that name to honor now!
ScaSully
Profile Joined April 2011
United States488 Posts
July 11 2011 23:01 GMT
#2253
i mashed my keyboard and got drazz and im sticking to it. but just saw transformers and i want shockwave
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
July 11 2011 23:04 GMT
#2254
My friends kept calling me 'zhiro' since I'm very tall ( zhiro = short for zhiraf ( giraffe ) ) so I added 1 more o to make it more cool 'Zhiroo' and stuck with it. I have changed my SC2 name to Scarf since I love scarves.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
crawlingchaos
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2025 Posts
July 11 2011 23:20 GMT
#2255
Mine is the title of a short story by my favorite author (HP Lovecraft), and at the time I made it I played only Zerg, whose overall play style I feel is encapsulated by the words "crawling chaos."

...or maybe I should've called myself "inferiority complex." D:
They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast you've gotta ride it well, the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's heaven and hell, oh well.
Rayansaki
Profile Joined January 2011
Portugal1266 Posts
July 11 2011 23:34 GMT
#2256
On July 12 2011 07:37 Konaa wrote:
I thought of Cona, then realized that was super feminine so went with Kona.
It wasn't until later that I realized every coffee drinker on the ladder would call me out about it.


Cona is cunt in portuguese :{}
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: IMNestea (Death), IMLosirA (Famine), IMmvp (War), IMFenix (Conquest)
Sachem
Profile Joined May 2011
United States116 Posts
July 11 2011 23:36 GMT
#2257
Mine is an native American word for chief, similar to sagamore, but in a different language.

Apparently now there are higher tiered runescape enemies called Sachem Bloodragers, so people think I play runescape unfortunately.
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
July 11 2011 23:37 GMT
#2258
On July 12 2011 08:34 Rayansaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 07:37 Konaa wrote:
I thought of Cona, then realized that was super feminine so went with Kona.
It wasn't until later that I realized every coffee drinker on the ladder would call me out about it.


Cona is cunt in portuguese :{}

super duper feminine!
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Drolla
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom389 Posts
July 11 2011 23:40 GMT
#2259
I called my character in WoW Drollen. Which in Dutch means "poops." Unfortunately half my server was Dutch. After being whispered to in Dutch every day I thought that I didn't want the same hassle in SC2. So I called myself Drolla, which just sounds uber sexy baller.
Liight
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland103 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 00:01:22
July 11 2011 23:49 GMT
#2260
Liight as in Light Yagami, not sc1 Light.

And Light Yagami is the best character ever written.

in sc2 i use Sectar, used that nickname from the beta to ... now.
It's been interesting.
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4643
Horang2 394
Hyuk 357
BeSt 133
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 73
Shinee 67
Killer 65
ggaemo 57
sorry 54
[ Show more ]
Snow 52
Bonyth 37
Bale 35
JYJ 12
League of Legends
JimRising 543
Other Games
gofns10087
summit1g9089
singsing1262
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2392
League of Legends
• Lourlo1429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
56m
INu's Battles
2h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
Replay Cast
13h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.