• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9954 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 112

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 143 Next
iNSiPiD1
Profile Joined May 2010
United States140 Posts
July 11 2011 17:00 GMT
#2221
In tenth grade English class we would be given a list of words each day (or week -- can't remember) to learn and be quizzed on later. I would usually not pay much attention to the words but the word insipid stood out. I thought it was pretty cool.

The definition is essentially dull, meaningless, bland, or lacking in color. So I figured I'd make my name iNSiPiD1.

I don't think that word really describes me, lol, but I just thought it was interesting that this unique word had such a blah meaning. So I stole it as my username for pretty much everything! Thanks English class!
"What is asserted without reason, may be denied without reason."
DharmaTurtle
Profile Joined August 2010
United States283 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 18:00:04
July 11 2011 17:59 GMT
#2222
Dharma, because I'm Buddhist.

Turtle, because I like turtles. (And apparently I look like one. This round head of mine...)

I picked it when I was in 6th grade. I think it's weathered through time pretty well. Better than what was trending at the time anyway, like "fuKdAPoLiCe" or "1337shadowD34th"
I went from bronze to platinum in 3 awesome days.
butch
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium684 Posts
July 11 2011 18:03 GMT
#2223
[image loading]

coz he's badass ^_^

first nick was darkduck tho (Quake2 I think) from Darkwing Duck :D, switched to butch when I started playing CS
Marauder Die Die
StarCraft64
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States354 Posts
July 11 2011 18:10 GMT
#2224
I searched the depths of my brain and soul to find the greatest game ever created.
Elaborate euphemisms may conceal your intent to kill, but behind any use of power over another the ultimate assumption remains: "I feed on your energy."
NasKe_
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil570 Posts
July 11 2011 18:16 GMT
#2225
My first nickname was Renaxe (like in this TL account), cuz my name is Renato and i think the end AXE its pretty nice. But, many people did misspelling and saying like "Renaje" (is how Renaxe sound in portugues), so i would chance to Renakse to sound like the english way, but after removing the Re and swithing the K and S, got pretty nice. So now is NasKe.
Stijx
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 18:18:35
July 11 2011 18:17 GMT
#2226
On July 12 2011 03:10 StarCraft64 wrote:
I searched the depths of my brain and soul to find the greatest game ever created.


I lol'd at that.

My name is just the first four letters of my name with an x on the end. I used to play WoW hardcore, getting Glad and raiding far too much and name changes were pretty commonplace. One of the R1 players on our realm changed his name to the exact same thing it used to be with an x on the end. We all hated him, so our entire guild changed our names to add 'x' on to the end. We thought it was pretty funny.


edit: At first I thought OP was going to be a reference to Davos from R.R.Martin's works... Spending way too much time in those books.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
July 11 2011 18:19 GMT
#2227
Bisu means dagger. Therefore it rlly means daggerdager in english or BisuBisu in korean.

So Reasons....
1. BisuBisu, 2 bisus are better then one
2. BisuDagger is the greatest weapon a protoss can yield in battle.
3. Seriously its Bisu and who doesn't love him.
4. The first live Starcraft matches I ever watched was when Bisu dethroned Savior with the "Bisu Build"
5. Just thought it was cool.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
July 11 2011 18:21 GMT
#2228
On a Free FPS called Urban Terror, my first alias that I made was DeathReaperX (Inspired by the Reaper) Later on, I just cut the Death out because my clan tag took too much space. And here I am, ReaperX! :D
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
ReapeZ
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom19 Posts
July 11 2011 18:26 GMT
#2229
when i 1st started playing fps's my name was Sgt.Reaper. thinking it was pretty cool.

seeing as reaper is pretty common and i wanted to be unique, i changed it to ReapeZ. however the majority of time now i use ZepaeR, for those not smart enough its just backwards.
LiteralZero
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom40 Posts
July 11 2011 18:26 GMT
#2230
I actually had my Xbox 360 pick mine, it chose LiteralZero and I thought it was pretty cool, for Starcraft I just use Zero.

I didn't know ZerO was a player though
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
July 11 2011 18:27 GMT
#2231
It's kind of my play on living with no regrets, to never be sorry
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
LooZerg
Profile Joined May 2011
United States32 Posts
July 11 2011 18:28 GMT
#2232
Me and my friends have this running gag where when someone does something stupid we say "Loooooooooooooser"
I was really horrible when our group got into Starcraft 2, and I always did horrible builds and whatnot.
So I switched to Zerg and still did slightly retarded things.
After being called Looooooser for so long and after about 2 days of figuring how I would spell it I settled on LooZerg
Win in Doubt.
MyLittleZergling
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9 Posts
July 11 2011 18:29 GMT
#2233
Friendship is Magic + Swarm is Supreme

In retrospect, there was some pretty simplistic reasoning behind this one >.>
...and I said "Banelings? Are you crazy?!"
JoeAWESOME
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1080 Posts
July 11 2011 18:30 GMT
#2234
My initial nickname was Cwantom (prenounced Quantom) and I figured it out myself and I think it originates from GTA. In one of the games you start at a place called Cuantom and I think I subconsciously got it from there.

Now I'm using JoeAwesome.

The Joe part is cause I'm called Joe and the Awesome part just sounds nice so in Sc2 I'm known as JoeAwesome, mainly cause it sounds nice
Simply Awesome! - Liquid'Ret - NSHoSeo_Seal - coLMVP_DRG - EG_Idra - Fnatic.NightEnd
HeadPhonesEX
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2 Posts
July 11 2011 18:35 GMT
#2235
I have this ID because ... Well my original ID for everything was HeadPhones but i got a JTV account and HeadPhones was already taken so i used HeadPhonesX. Then one of my friends saw it and always thought it said HeadPhone !@#. Then all of my other friends heard it and started calling m that so i just went wiht it. So i just changed it around that. What you gonna do? :/
If having a dice at your desk and roll it to see which race your playing next is random ... Then yes i am a random player.
SoKHo
Profile Joined April 2011
Korea (South)1081 Posts
July 11 2011 18:40 GMT
#2236
Pretty much my Korean name ^^
"If you don't understand my silence, you won't understand my words"|| Big Nal_rA fan boy!! Nal_rA, Bisu, Huk, MC, Hero fighting! SKT1---->
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
July 11 2011 18:46 GMT
#2237
After seeing the movie old school friends at college started to call me philthetank because of my dumb drinking habits, and when I got into competitive bf2 I needed a new tag and my friend suggested philthetank and its stuck since.

For the longest time I was the only one with the tag in any games, but back when I was playing WoW I used to post all over the forums for twinking and apparantely some other dbag named phil liked the name and now were in a steady competition snatching up the bane in every game, so sometimes im PHILtheTANK9
Jieun <3
BrodiaQ
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States892 Posts
July 11 2011 18:54 GMT
#2238
I had a friend in high school who was a big band geek nerd, and we both loved ska and had pretty fun conversations and jokes and whatnot. One of our things was calling people brodiaq instead of bro. when it came time to pick an id i decided on brodiaq after saying it long after we stopped seeing each other on a regular basis.
"So come right up and let me squash your creativity with my iron fist of conservative play."--Nony
Predze
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark17 Posts
July 11 2011 18:56 GMT
#2239
I came up with this some 12 years ago at about 14, so bear with me

Predze is a contraction of PredatorZeus. Predator because it was cool(!) and Zeus because he was the king of the gods in greek mythology.

At first I used PredZeuS which I thought was cool, but it quite quickly became Predze. At first with a capital Z, because everybody used those, but now I only write z :D

Sometimes though I just use pdz, as some games only allow three letters. And those three letter IDs are nice aren't they?
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
July 11 2011 19:14 GMT
#2240
Friends of mine call me Vieze Furr, due to a dutch rapsong, and just bastered it to Vijeze.
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4643
Horang2 394
Hyuk 357
BeSt 133
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 73
Shinee 67
Killer 65
ggaemo 57
sorry 54
[ Show more ]
Snow 52
Bonyth 37
Bale 35
JYJ 12
League of Legends
JimRising 553
Other Games
gofns10087
summit1g9089
singsing1086
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2402
League of Legends
• Lourlo1429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
57m
INu's Battles
2h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 57m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 57m
Replay Cast
13h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.