• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:01
CEST 16:01
KST 23:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6639 users

Story Behind Your ID?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-26 18:51:46
April 04 2010 09:32 GMT
#1
UPDATE: don't try and act cool by posting ambiguous one liners that only explain your reference to people who already understand the reference

actually EXPLAIN the idea behind your ID


SWEET this is going to be awesome I know it >_<

The idea is simple. Give us the story behind your User ID!

Why are you Chill instead of warm? Why not Cold_bid? Why are so many mods temperature related?

I shall kick it off:

==================================================================

mOnion

i originally wanted my ID to be Onion as in Onion Knights from the final fantasy's (the strongest class in the whole game) but that name was always taken, so i realized my last name is Munyon, which rhymes with Onion, so i just made it mOnion

Munyon + Onion = mOnion = Munyon ^__________^

Go forth! Make it interesting guys!
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
April 04 2010 09:37 GMT
#2
my first name for a long time was elcamier. I loved choc elcairs and eclair sounded too gay so i found something that fit close to it.

lightrise was a name i made for bw lol! Its a terrible joke having to do with the fact that i never slept during the night and how i was always up when the sun came out. The light rises when im still up. :D It also sounded like a bad korean pro name so i kept it
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 04 2010 09:39 GMT
#3
When I was like, 11, I learned of the number googolplex. Being the incredible nerd I am, when it came to choosing an I.D. i just dropped the googol and added an a to the end.

Terrible, I know....
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
lgd-haze
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden547 Posts
April 04 2010 09:40 GMT
#4
My friend has a clothing brand called Haze, and when I joined a team I had to get a "real" nick.
So I checked myself in the mirror and saw the Haze logo on my cap.
Flying Tushin!!
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
April 04 2010 09:41 GMT
#5
Hmm, mine is pretty similar to the mOnion thing.

So there was this card in MTG that sucked serious ass and I got it in every single booster even though it was supposed to be a fucking rare, so I just ended up collecting them. The card was Dingus egg, so I combined it with my name when i needed a username.

Dingus + Dean = De4ngus

Lol.
GANDHISAUCE
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 09:42:03
April 04 2010 09:41 GMT
#6
On April 04 2010 18:39 Plexa wrote:
When I was like, 11, I learned of the number googolplex. Being the incredible nerd I am, when it came to choosing an I.D. i just dropped the googol and added an a to the end.

Terrible, I know....


LOL that is awesome >_< i thought plexa was like indian for waffles.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 09:43:33
April 04 2010 09:42 GMT
#7
Couple reasons.

1) It confuses the hell out of everyone. Upon first seeing it you are bound to think one of three things:
a) He is fat
b) He is a furry
c) He goes to UW (Washington)

2) Its really easy to remember
3) It is easy to say

Since 'Husky' is almost always taken I couldnt think of anything else so I just repeated it with the word 'The' in the middle. In games I usually just go by Husky though if I'm able.
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
k20a
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada412 Posts
April 04 2010 09:45 GMT
#8
k20a...
210 hp 2.0L engine
beautiful engine
"It's like that one time Luke Skywalker threw the ring in to Mordor to kill Hitler, or something" - Tasteless
Quint
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
467 Posts
April 04 2010 09:46 GMT
#9
When I registered to battle.net about 12 years ago, most of my prefered nicks were already taken. My gaze swept through the room, found the Mega Man 2 cartridge for the Gameboy... and now I am here.
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
April 04 2010 09:46 GMT
#10
I...forgot.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 09:47:22
April 04 2010 09:46 GMT
#11
On April 04 2010 18:45 k20a wrote:
k20a...
210 hp 2.0L engine
beautiful engine


i'm never gonna understand cars x.x oi...

very cool!

I...forgot.


WIN!!!
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
BloodDrunK
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bangladesh2767 Posts
April 04 2010 09:47 GMT
#12
Just thought it was cool.
You have the power to create your own destiny.
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
April 04 2010 09:48 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
danmooj1
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1855 Posts
April 04 2010 09:49 GMT
#14
On April 04 2010 18:45 k20a wrote:
k20a...
210 hp 2.0L engine
beautiful engine


why not k20? 230 hp 2.0L

mine is actually an acronym in korean.
dansoon = simple
mooshik = stupid
jiral = oh how do i explain this one

dan + moo + j + 1 = danmooj1

danmooji is also yellow pickled radish
#1 XellOs fan!
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 09:51:39
April 04 2010 09:49 GMT
#15
It was 2004 and I started playing some wow with my friends

After hearing about the game from my friends in closed beta I was so pumped up to play dat shit
When blizzard asked me to "make a new account name" I just sat there, pondering for hours and hours.

Being the 14 year old kid that I was, I wanted to name myself "NazgulRider" but some other faggot took that name.

I wanted to be unique and original... I wanted something people can call me by even in real life... Something easy and 6 letters...

Then one of my friends said "Well why don't you be 'Hoon', the last letter of your Korean name?"

IT WAS BRILLIANT. BRILLIANT I TELL YA
But I needed something else... Something.. 1 word names were lame... Then it hit me

"I should show everyone that I am a MAN! YEAH THAT WILL BE AWESOME"

So I became MrHoon.

edit: People are starting to call me MrFoon now so I like that too.
dats racist
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
April 04 2010 09:50 GMT
#16
jazz musician
HEY MEYT
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
April 04 2010 09:50 GMT
#17
From my Korean name

한종선
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Mavkar
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany592 Posts
April 04 2010 09:51 GMT
#18
When I was a teenager and played Warhammer 40k I named my Dark Eldar Lord Zeratul Dact, it sounded like Asdrubael Vect+SC reference. Though when I changed my main in WoW I had to thought of a new nickname. Mavkar was the name of my chief Incubus, I made the name up but I still think its pretty cool. Its unique, so never taken, It's short and pronouncible.
Last year or so I found it that Mavka without thr 'r' is some kind of India-based music. Nah, don't care, still a cool nic.
I'm shy and reserved, even on the internet.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
April 04 2010 09:51 GMT
#19
I started out way back in the day (2007) as a Samsung Khan fan. The first English speaking player I met was FBH (Lee Sungeun.) My ID is actually a quote from his page in these diaries;

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=89219

'Legends Never GG.'
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 04 2010 09:53 GMT
#20
On April 04 2010 18:49 danmooj1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 18:45 k20a wrote:
k20a...
210 hp 2.0L engine
beautiful engine

jiral = oh how do i explain this one


explain it! >_< i wanna know intricate random korean shit!
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3615
Jaedong 2578
Leta 2268
Soulkey 1921
EffOrt 1045
Soma 677
Mini 503
Horang2 385
BeSt 317
Light 305
[ Show more ]
Stork 262
Rush 261
Larva 231
Snow 185
Killer 140
ggaemo 131
Barracks 117
hero 115
Zeus 114
firebathero 99
JYJ 90
Mong 63
Sharp 42
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 29
Bale 29
sorry 22
zelot 21
Sexy 19
Rock 11
Shine 11
Terrorterran 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6795
qojqva1400
Dendi759
XaKoH 449
Counter-Strike
Fnx 606
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4392
Khaldor227
Other Games
gofns45440
singsing1662
olofmeister1236
B2W.Neo829
byalli573
Lowko377
DeMusliM195
mouzStarbuck161
Liquid`VortiX135
Livibee123
ArmadaUGS91
OGKoka 83
Chillindude13
amsayoshi11
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV333
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 63
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV358
League of Legends
• Nemesis1756
• Jankos1734
• TFBlade424
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 59m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.