• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:53
CEST 13:53
KST 20:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8805 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
April 04 2010 10:15 GMT
#41
On April 04 2010 19:10 Emon_ wrote:
Theres this guy called Lord Emon in Shadow of the Colossus. I like the name, dropped the Lord and voila.


but where did the _ come from
HEY MEYT
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
April 04 2010 10:15 GMT
#42
Started a random RO server in '05 and needed a name for my Hunter. Ended up juggling letters and eventually came up with "kawooza." About ten minutes into playing said character I decided it looked rather bad and being the awesome and creative kid I was, I remade it as "kawoooza."

...because everyone knows three o's is much more superior to two.

Then in a few weeks I hit 99 (13/13 server), transcended to Sniper, and joined a guild. Saying "kawoooza" on Vent sounded kinda funky I guess, so my guild leader ended up shortening it to "wooozy" and I just went with that.

Now in every game I play, my first character or gamer alias is "wooozy," and any character after that (because I am still one creative baller kid) I will just add an extra "y" to. ie: wooozyy, wooozyyy, wooozyyyy - usually up to 4 y's max because anything after that looks ugly. Oh yeah, and any character after that will be "mooozy" followed by the same system; adding extra y's. ^_^

Though everyone is lame and spells it woozy with two o's. :< Jerks.
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
April 04 2010 10:18 GMT
#43
Metallica, baby!
Bwenjarin Raffrack
Profile Joined November 2008
United States322 Posts
April 04 2010 10:22 GMT
#44
Like a lot of people here, I thought up a few unique names that I've used in various online communities. However, the one I'm using here is a very obscure reference to something that no one on the face of the planet will understand or remember, and it would be pointlessly long-winded trying to explain it. At least I didn't have to worry about padding it with numbers to make it unique, I guess, and I like the blaxploitation of it.

At any rate, I wish I had used one of my other names here so that I could tell a more marginally interesting story about it.
I'm not as thunk as dreople pink I am.
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
April 04 2010 10:24 GMT
#45
On April 04 2010 19:22 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:
Like a lot of people here, I thought up a few unique names that I've used in various online communities. However, the one I'm using here is a very obscure reference to something that no one on the face of the planet will understand or remember, and it would be pointlessly long-winded trying to explain it. At least I didn't have to worry about padding it with numbers to make it unique, I guess, and I like the blaxploitation of it.

At any rate, I wish I had used one of my other names here so that I could tell a more marginally interesting story about it.


so why did you post here if you arent going to do the only thing this thread asks?
HEY MEYT
Spenguin
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia3316 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 10:25:42
April 04 2010 10:25 GMT
#46
I'm an idiot

EDIT: Back in my day penguins were all the rage
< TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #46 > I came for the Brood War, I stayed for the people.
gaiabulbanix
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Thailand76 Posts
April 04 2010 10:28 GMT
#47
[image loading]


+


[image loading]


+

[image loading]


wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
April 04 2010 10:29 GMT
#48
On April 04 2010 19:22 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:
Like a lot of people here, I thought up a few unique names that I've used in various online communities. However, the one I'm using here is a very obscure reference to something that no one on the face of the planet will understand or remember, and it would be pointlessly long-winded trying to explain it. At least I didn't have to worry about padding it with numbers to make it unique, I guess, and I like the blaxploitation of it.

At any rate, I wish I had used one of my other names here so that I could tell a more marginally interesting story about it.


Is it supposed to be like Benjamin Affleck, but kinda sorta not really?
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
April 04 2010 10:35 GMT
#49
Back when I was a kid, like an 8th grader, as I began to learn english, I found it fascinating because it was so different from Croatian. I giggled as I found out that words like 'knight' 'night' and 'nite' are all pronounced the same but are written totally differently. Then I came up with Nite, The Night Knight. But later shortened it to Nite.

Then I made the account on TL. Got banned for noticing that Azalea looks like swastika on minimap. Then made Nite1, Nite2, and Nite3.. I think at least 2 of those got banned. Then I decided that's enough of getting permabanned and that I'm gonna be for real now. And Matrix being my favorite movie, nite got reloaded. =)
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
April 04 2010 10:43 GMT
#50
Went through a ton of nicks when I was a teen, some downright horrendous ones too. Decided I needed "the one" nick i'll be remembered by. Named myself after an album of my favorite band. Stuck with it ever since.
I know where my towel is.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 10:45:05
April 04 2010 10:43 GMT
#51
i began watching bleach in late 2008. I was a map maker that went by the ID Mayuri because he was my favorite (I never finished a map but i have a pretty neat project). My friend was an account collector and i wanted to have a cool account. I made Mayuri and blah thats where that orriginated. Then i was introduced to a Account Trading site. by then, i had Assailant, Mayuri, Kenpachi and some other accounts that were worthless. I didnt want to use Mayuri because Kenpachi was my favorite character now lol. Then i found the trading site's brother site and used the same ID. Kenpachi.
Then 9-10 months later, i found Teamliquid from the same friend who got me into account trading. I decided Kenpachi would be my forum name and created an account here.
sometimes i regret having different names and i wish to go back to my original but im afraid that would confuse many
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
April 04 2010 10:47 GMT
#52
Because I am not very creative....
<3 Moonbattles
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
April 04 2010 10:48 GMT
#53
Mine is pretty lame, but stems from my first email address. I was maybe 10 at the time, and my dad decided to create an email for me. I originally wanted something like Garrett, because the Thief series was fucking awesome, but it was taken; I didn't really want a random number combination tacked on after it. Being the uncreative ten year old that I was, I couldn't think of anything.

My dad was a big Axis and Allies player, and wrote a column for IAAPA (International Axis & Allies Players Association) under the handle Errant Knight. Thus my email became sonofek@horseporn.com, for son of EK. It just kind of stuck, and I used it for quite a lot of things.

When I first joined Team Liquid, I created the handle sonofek(scnoob) for sonofek (StarCraft noob). I quit playing StarCraft, and didn't really follow it for awhile, but I still enjoyed the general forums and such, so I requested a name change. The new name means nothing, but it's a lot easier to explain than going into a long winded story such as I am right now.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Slunk
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany768 Posts
April 04 2010 10:49 GMT
#54
My ID is a tribute to this guy:
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
April 04 2010 10:50 GMT
#55
my name is alfred

alf

alffla!
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
xlep
Profile Joined December 2009
Germany274 Posts
April 04 2010 10:50 GMT
#56
Loved everything about Middle Earth when I was "young", so I made names for my video characters from the elvish syllable list in the "Silmarillion" book. After a while I stuck to Celebthoron. Later in my WoW years no one could pronounce it in TS/Mumble, but klep and xlep somehow stuck as their nicks for me. Since Celebthoron is nice for Dragon Age or Diablo, but kinda sucks for sc and most of the interwebs, I stuck with xlep for most of my online time
skill is scissors beating rock
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
April 04 2010 10:50 GMT
#57
On April 04 2010 19:22 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:At least I didn't have to worry about padding it with numbers to make it unique, I guess

Actually the phenomenon of padding names with numbers for uniqueness led to my name. Registering various email accounts and forum usernames I once picked the random numbers 538, and used it as my permanent suffix to different names. Then I figured I really dont even need the rest.

(Since then I've learned that 538 is the number of electors in the US electoral college, and there's a popular political analysis website called fivethirtyeight.com)
BW fighting!
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
April 04 2010 10:50 GMT
#58
Xiao is my surname,
Joyce is my english name.
The dash, - is just to make it more unique.

Because sometimes XiaoJoyce is taken when I create account. But XiaoJoyce- is always avaliable no matter what. So it is more unique, and it look nice.

Xiao can mean small too, so I put Xiao infront. Meaning Little Joyce.

When I first came Singapore, I saw the name Joyce, meaning Joy. Sounds so nice and cute. So I use it. But after that I found out, Joyce is so common, and some guy use Joyce as name too. But I really liked the name so I didn't change it. Nowadays, so many new and wierd name girl use, so I think simple common name is a good thing too.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Jandos
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Czech Republic928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 10:51:56
April 04 2010 10:50 GMT
#59
My nick is just modified last name.

But everyone calling me Jandos for like 10 years, even ppl at work ;]
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
April 04 2010 10:51 GMT
#60
My name is an anagram of an inside joke. I made the name ten years ago and it's stuck with me ever since. The inside joke is lame and not funny and I don't even remember the whole story anymore.
this is my quote.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 674
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko385
OGKoka 223
Rex 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52392
Calm 3799
Shuttle 1951
Bisu 1176
FanTaSy 921
firebathero 375
Zeus 345
Hyuk 277
Stork 247
Soma 228
[ Show more ]
actioN 205
Mini 204
Rush 164
Soulkey 156
EffOrt 134
Light 134
Last 131
ZerO 83
Snow 83
Mong 76
Dewaltoss 69
Pusan 63
NotJumperer 47
Free 41
Sea.KH 41
Killer 39
Bale 39
JYJ 38
Shinee 33
Barracks 32
ToSsGirL 31
hero 27
Shine 25
Noble 23
Sharp 22
sorry 22
yabsab 22
Yoon 21
Aegong 19
HiyA 15
Sacsri 13
PianO 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5013
Dendi521
League of Legends
JimRising 301
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1413
kRYSTAL_261
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns37703
singsing1902
B2W.Neo464
crisheroes281
DeMusliM187
Livibee70
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
OSC
10h 22m
Replay Cast
11h 7m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.