• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:36
CEST 06:36
KST 13:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20260Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8735 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 142

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 Next
hoaxn
Profile Joined January 2012
England6 Posts
March 20 2012 02:57 GMT
#2821
I used to really love April Fools day and practical jokes.

I was playing Counter Strike while using the name "HoaX" with a UK based clan with a few Swedish and German members. For some reason one of the German lads always added "-en" at the end when saying "hoax".

So for a while I was "hoaxen", as a sort of nod to this awesome German player who taught me so much about CS and competitive gaming.

After some people mispronouncing it, I dropped the e to make it a bit clearer and make the N a bit softer when spoken. I still get a few people calling me "hoe-axe-en" though..
This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
March 20 2012 05:09 GMT
#2822
Chaggi is basically something my girlfriend called me. In Korean, the equivalent word for "honey" is "자기야", which most people write as Jagiya, but I didn't like how it was spelled. So I rearranged it and got to Chaggi. My Korean SC2 ID is "자기야" though.
ScrambledX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Finland296 Posts
March 21 2012 18:43 GMT
#2823
I was watching Frasier and the intro music was something like "dumdidum and scrambled eggs", so I thought that was cool and tried to make my ID ScrambledEggs, but it was too long, so I made it ScrambledX instead. Apparently theres a german underground rock band called ScrambledX aswell, but I swear I came up with it myself! =D
http://sircom.blogspot.com/
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
March 21 2012 18:51 GMT
#2824
actually this awesome nick that is a faction of command & conquer is also my first name last 2 letters + my middle name first letter xD
Kasha_Not_Kesha
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States71 Posts
March 21 2012 19:02 GMT
#2825
When I was younger, I decided the standard alphabet was boring and I made my own replacement that was more or less just a simple cipher of the standard English alphabet. My name starts with a J, and the letter I had made to replace J was called "Kash" (pronounced like 'kosh'). When I was ~13 and officially allowed to internet, I incorporated it into my name with an 'a' on the end.

Bam. Kasha.
Human beings are literally made up of potential more than anything else.
BadgKat
Profile Joined June 2011
United States156 Posts
March 21 2012 19:11 GMT
#2826
My name is taken from the mythical half badger half cat creature I made up. It's awesome, it never gives up. It also doesn't care. I am just like this animal. The BagKat is awesome, behold in awe.
ShesSoHeavy
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada15 Posts
March 21 2012 19:12 GMT
#2827
The Beatles are awesome.
ndesktop
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Romania109 Posts
March 21 2012 19:31 GMT
#2828
cdecl. This is the default calling convention in C language. __cdecl is impressive but blizzard do not like such names, underscore seems to be a security issue.
Mine more minerals.
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
March 21 2012 19:33 GMT
#2829
Publius Vergilius Maro.

The author of the Aeneid, and Dante's guide through hell.

I chose to use the I over the E for aesthetic purposes, both are technically correct spellings.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
March 21 2012 19:34 GMT
#2830
i took my name from that wrestling guy in the movie "Nacho Libre" where he got his leg broken from esqueleto
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
IamSneaky
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany21 Posts
March 21 2012 19:49 GMT
#2831
my id at most games/services/communitys is Zyrtec wich is a medicin you can buy in pharmacies against allergy

the deeper story is my gf has a lot of allergys and she uses it really often so i decided to name myself after the stuff she needs so much :D i know pretty strange
what what to the f#ck f#ck
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
March 21 2012 19:50 GMT
#2832
It's what's for breakfast
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
ManRay
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany18 Posts
March 21 2012 20:21 GMT
#2833
[image loading]

Story is that i nearly died laughing when watching this for the first Time... *insert "Not Bad Barack Obama Face" here...



\m/*_*\m/
NewDawn
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada120 Posts
March 21 2012 21:25 GMT
#2834
When I first started thinking of a screenname, I used to just randomly put in an interest and then add random thing after to get a usable screenname. I didn't really care and often ended up with names like, xxMage39xx. Eventually I wanted to get an ID that would be able to travel with me from game to game. I was going to reinvent my ID and try to make something memorable. It was going to be NEW. That day was the DAWN of my new screenname. And thus NewDawn was born.

Although, looking back, I probably should have chosen something that doesn't appear to be a reference to a certain series. T_T
이지은 | 송지은 | 정은지 | 홧팅 ~ !
ilikeredheads
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1995 Posts
March 21 2012 21:29 GMT
#2835
it speaks for itself
CheesusCrust
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany58 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 21:33:30
March 21 2012 21:32 GMT
#2836
Making fun of religion always amused me.

And its good for making people expect incoming cheese in SC2. :p
Piscator97
Profile Joined October 2011
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 00:42:39
March 22 2012 00:39 GMT
#2837
Having the Real name Fisher earned me many, many, many, real life nicknames involving fish in some way.
Then I discovered the world of online video games and needed a cool ID.
And so I went to google translate, typed in "Fisher" and looked for something cool. and in Latin, arguably the most awesome language, found "Piscator" and well....It stuck. Would I change it if I could? probably not.
97 because Piscator was taken on TL
squattincassanova
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States650 Posts
March 22 2012 00:43 GMT
#2838
SquattinCassanova

Squat = I love squats / favorite leg workout
Cassanova = I fucked up the spelling for Casanova which is part of Casanovacrew.com a pickup forum
http://www.youtube.com/squattincassanova (Pickup In-Field) Subscribe if you like!
Pokemonxoxo
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States217 Posts
March 22 2012 00:55 GMT
#2839
I love Pokemon so of course there is Pokemon is a part of it. xoxo stands for hugs and kisses. So basically my ID just specify my love for Pokemon.
Within and Without
entocheets
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia367 Posts
March 22 2012 04:39 GMT
#2840
My nickname is Cheets; pretty close to my actual first name.
The 'ento' part was something I made up when I was in high school... just a cool word that I thought sounded cool. Didn't find out til later that ento- is an actual prefix (mainly seen it in teh word entomology, the study of insects).
##creepers 4 lyf
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 8741
Rain 1839
GuemChi 631
FanTaSy 121
sSak 52
Bale 24
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1114
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1048
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g7310
WinterStarcraft603
C9.Mang0172
ViBE72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 30
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1207
• Rush770
• Stunt376
Other Games
• Scarra935
• Shiphtur794
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 24m
INu's Battles
6h 24m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 24m
OSC
17h 39m
Replay Cast
18h 24m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.