• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:23
CEST 16:23
KST 23:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9392 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 140

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 143 Next
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
March 18 2012 23:34 GMT
#2781
I really want poopfeast420 to post his story in this thread.
esports
Ectrid
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany51 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 23:44:25
March 18 2012 23:42 GMT
#2782
So, before Ectrid i created the name Lecid, under the influence of LSD, it was a merging of Acid and Electric. I fucking love Electro Music.
Time has passed and i was under the influence of Ecstasy (MDMA) and i created Ectrid out of Lecid, because i wanted to increase the influence of the electronic part of the name. I fucking love Electronic Music!

And no this is not a dumb joke, it's just true propaganda, because drugs aren't the bad guys. The real bad guys are the people that rule YOU, because i don't like to be ruled!
Nobody is more a slave than the one who considers himself free without being free
TheFlock
Profile Joined September 2011
United States389 Posts
March 18 2012 23:42 GMT
#2783
So I have a friend who used to always make fun of rap songs by changing the lyrics in a silly way. There is a song by T.I. called "Get Loose" which he always changed to "Get a Goose". We then decided to make some rap songs of our own making fun of those type of popular rap songs. We happened to come up with other bird related names for our songs (Party Fowl, Bird Flu, Fly With Me, etc). This new epic group that was formed needed a name. Since the song titles were about birds, I came up with The Flock!

We had a lot of fun with it and our friends started to refer to us by that name so it stuck. Plus the name was open in both SC2 and TL

FYI- Just in case you're tempted to youtube these fine compositions of musical sublimity, you won't find them you'll get a similarly named, serious, band that I find hilariously terrible
Maru | DeMusliM | TLO
Nabes
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1800 Posts
March 18 2012 23:53 GMT
#2784
On March 19 2012 08:34 Luepert wrote:
I really want poopfeast420 to post his story in this thread.


One can assume he had a poopfeast on april 20th.
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 00:07:45
March 19 2012 00:07 GMT
#2785
On March 19 2012 08:53 OrangeSoda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 08:34 Luepert wrote:
I really want poopfeast420 to post his story in this thread.


One can assume he had a poopfeast on april 20th.


or that the 420th poopfeast was the most memorable?
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
March 19 2012 00:08 GMT
#2786
Once upon a time in 2005 when I was alot younger then now I was trying to think of a nickname for a Dutch Pokémon forum. My cat jumped on the keyboard, and something like Seinzirta (might have been a bit different, it's been a while :p) I changed some letters and voila!
Pokemon Master
Zerothegreat
Profile Joined September 2010
United States787 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 00:27:10
March 19 2012 00:26 GMT
#2787
My original ID is just ZeRo. When I was playing the old Zeldas trying to create a name, my obscure mind was trying to think of creative & "dark" like names that mean absence or nothingness. I recall thinking about words that started with the letter "Z" were awesome hence the game being named Zelda. So I came up with ZeRo...

Later, a friend of mine asked me why I always named every character I created in a game ZeRo and I told him the story... So he says, "That's pretty cool and neat." He then created his alter-ego named ZooK. We started calling ourselves ZooK & ZeRo at school and people would ask us why we called ourselves that. We then told everyone we are the "Z-TeaM" Haha!

Ironically, people tried to copy us and came up with "Z" names for themselves at school. A lot of hot chicks would ask if they can be part of the "Z-TeaM" and name themselves things like "ZayLa" & "ZoLa." Yeah... It got out of control. But until this day ZooK & I are best friends and still call ourselves the Z-TeaM for 12 years now.

So that's the story of how I made my name and started a "trend" at my highschool lol.

I even named my 2 chihuahuas "ZeuS & ZoE." I guess I'm just a bit obsessed with the letter Z lol...
TiQ.SinGi
Profile Joined December 2004
Norway386 Posts
March 19 2012 00:30 GMT
#2788
Im just a lurker, but love when I bump into threads like this

Im a Brood War player, and usually had a habit of changing my ID when I joined a new clan/guild. On Europe I was first called Hasu_Cloud(TE), was a big fan of Final Fantasy VII + Korean words, so then when I chose an ID i just put the two togheter :p For my last ID, I decided I wanted to keep the clantag TiQ. because it was the last clan I was in before I retiered, and it was the clan I remember the most The ID SinGi also relates to me liking Korean words\stuff, as I used to play a lot on west server, I saw the ID singitoss and thought "singi" sounded cool, also because the name resembeled "Sin" from Final Fantasy X. ^^
“Approved attributes and their relation to face make every man his own jailer; this is a fundamental social constraint even though each man may like his cell.” -Goffman
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
March 19 2012 00:35 GMT
#2789
My ID is simple, although not so good when tournament streamings are casting and do the First name (ID) Lastname:
Presenting David 'FlashDave' Goodman.... yea thats a pile of crap but anyway....

My name Dave and Flash is because I work with Adobe Flash & the nick was given to me from my colleagues 3 years ago so it stuck and felt natural to use.
FlashDave.999 aka Star
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
March 19 2012 00:41 GMT
#2790
I went through a phase where I really wanted to be a successful webcomic artist. The idea behind the webcomic was that I'd have these little guys that essentially were the guys who went around acting as the noobs on the internet. The idea behind the world was that anyone who played a game on the internet wanted to play well and get better, and that anyone who did stupid shit was just one of these little guys meant to piss you off in team games, or make your life fun playing against them. This was way before I realized the amount of trolling that went on in the real internet world. These little guys were called Noobs, and the name of the comic was Noobity. The comic itself never really got into the job aspect of their lives, and I'm not exactly funny, so while the comic went all of 12 strips (plus maybe 50 half strips or random doodlings in my school notebooks) nothing but the name stuck.

A bunch of friends and I went through SC:BW in the "Kulak Clan". In school we were learning about the Kulaks at the time, which if I remember correctly were exiled Russians living in Gulags in Siberia. We felt bad for the Kulaks and imagined fighting to bring them to glory. I was Kommander_Kulak, but there was also King_, Kolonel_, Korporal_ and would have had Kween_ if we could have found a lady. At the time we didn't realize just how close we were to the KKK in name, and didn't think anything of it. Luckily neither did Blizzard.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
Maiden UK
Profile Joined November 2011
England61 Posts
March 19 2012 00:44 GMT
#2791
I like Iron Maiden.

^_^
insearchof
Profile Joined July 2011
United States57 Posts
March 19 2012 01:32 GMT
#2792
no clue what im looking for in life so
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.
Tear388
Profile Joined May 2010
United States59 Posts
March 19 2012 01:34 GMT
#2793
Terran => TEARRAN => TEAR RAN => TEAR. Lol best id ever! Just kidding
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
March 19 2012 01:34 GMT
#2794
I like to to rush things ?
TerranosaurusWrecks
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada187 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 04:14:53
March 19 2012 04:14 GMT
#2795
What can I say? Terran is the best race, and the Tyrannosaurus Rex is the best dinosaur, I felt like a needed to combine the two worlds.

I screwed up the "saures" part though, should be "saurus" : /

Twrecks for short.

EDIT: spelling
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "Like you can train a n00b, but they will just be a trained n00b."
Seoirse
Profile Joined February 2012
34 Posts
March 19 2012 04:18 GMT
#2796
I actually got it off a random names website. You could check a whole bunch of boxes (White, Black, Tall, Short, etc..) So I clicked them all and it gave me Seoirse Newher. And I have stuck with it ever since
Idra come back..
Unfortunate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
March 19 2012 04:20 GMT
#2797
When people lost to me I liked thinking to myself, Isn't that Unfortunate? Plus all the puns people make at me all the time makes it worth it.
Manager, Head Admin of Sc2 for Playhem
CabelD
Profile Joined November 2010
United States131 Posts
March 19 2012 05:05 GMT
#2798
I got my unusual name from my actual name. C. Abel D. so I was like "Watup?" CabelD. I need a new name. Fo'sho.
firehand101
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3152 Posts
March 19 2012 05:45 GMT
#2799
lol well i really liked tennis so i said my hand was as hot as fire!
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.
lubu42
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States314 Posts
March 19 2012 05:57 GMT
#2800
I got BeaR from this random name some of my friends made up to call me. HogyBearVampireWorkshopMasterRamirezTheThird. I have no idea where some of those came from... But anyway I just took Bear and made it into BeaR. Now my clan name TIMOOM comes from the greatest show of all time that I know EVERYONE loves :D Spongebob! Now, in one episode Patrick goes "The Inter Machinations of My Mind are an Enigma!" So we just took TIMOOM from each of those words :D so it reads The Inter Machinations Of Our Minds
SlayerS_BoxeR <3
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 255
MaxPax 241
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66351
Calm 4134
Shuttle 2599
Bisu 2264
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 580
Mini 504
EffOrt 452
Stork 357
Light 307
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
firebathero 251
Hyuk 245
ZerO 186
Snow 185
actioN 122
Barracks 116
Zeus 85
Killer 82
hero 79
Dewaltoss 65
Hyun 43
Pusan 41
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 32
Shine 28
Free 26
Sharp 26
PianO 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 18
zelot 18
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7797
Dendi974
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_254
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko426
crisheroes350
Other Games
hiko2194
singsing2184
B2W.Neo518
DeMusliM271
byalli255
Hui .200
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX155
Mew2King76
Rex36
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2116
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 53m
Replay Cast
8h 38m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.