• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:22
CEST 16:22
KST 23:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9392 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 138

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 136 137 138 139 140 143 Next
PhilleeC
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States46 Posts
March 18 2012 19:23 GMT
#2741
My Starcraft ID is Unlimited which I chose by basically trying to get the most tryhard name I could (I think I got close)
My general use ID I got because there was/is a famous YouTuber by the name Philip DeFranco who would shorten his name to PhillyD. I thought it sounded cool and since my last name starts with C and basically rhymes with D so it would sound equally cool, and thus PhillyC. However, on most sites that name was already taken, so I changed it to double "e". Only later I found out this name would match up with my full name . Worked out perfectly.
"WHAT THE FU- BANELINGS" -Day9
Aelip
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark321 Posts
March 18 2012 19:32 GMT
#2742
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/265028/Hieron-I

Hieron is the id i use everywhere, apart from here (forgot why).
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
March 18 2012 19:33 GMT
#2743
This name is the same for almost everything.
If you see a retgery on-line it's probably me. I made this name when for my ps3 account, I wanted some thing that sounded like a real name but was unique, and something no one else would ever think of using.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
rtgICEMAN
Profile Joined November 2010
Romania66 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 19:38:16
March 18 2012 19:38 GMT
#2744
I got this name (rtg is only from the clan) from the movie "Top Gun" and from the mini-series "Generation Kill" .
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
March 18 2012 19:41 GMT
#2745
My SC2 Id is iamorni. Just means "I Love You" in english, spanish, and chinese respectively. And it coincidentally sounds like 'I am horny'.
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 19:43:32
March 18 2012 19:43 GMT
#2746
I have a bunch of names, so I guess I'll have to list them all off haha.

My most commonly used named, Hulavuta, I actually got from the game Diddy Kong Racing for the N64. On the stage "Hot Top Volcano" there were some words to the background music, although they weren't in English (or at least not intelligible, if it was in English) and I swore they were saying "Hulavuta". At that age, I was also obsessed with Dinosaurs. (That's also the reason I played Zerg in BW and now in Sc2) and a Lego dinosaur I created was then named Hulavuta, and eventually when I got older and got onto the internet, it was the first username I could think of and I basically used it for everything.

You be the judge:




Other names I used on StarCraft II are "Yes" and "Django". I used Yes because I was a fan of the band Yes, and also a fan of xkcd. The author of xkcd actually used that as his name in chats because he wanted a name that did not mean anything. I chose Yes because I wanted a name that basically means everything, or anything.

Django is simply the main character of my favorite video game series, Boktai.
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
BreakfastBurrito
Profile Joined November 2011
United States893 Posts
March 18 2012 20:00 GMT
#2747
The best food ever made in the milky way galaxy, koprulu sector, ETC.
twitch.tv/jaytherey | Yapper891 if you are reading this, PM me. its Twisty.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 20:03:45
March 18 2012 20:03 GMT
#2748
I wanted to pick a name in warcraft 3 that was already taken, then tried another one that was already taken, then another one...and at the 4th try or so I was pissed and just took the first stupid name that popped into my head at that moment.

Yup and that's basicly it.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
FallenStar
Profile Joined October 2011
Spain118 Posts
March 18 2012 20:12 GMT
#2749
I wanted a name that was the personification of fear, and as that's what the Demon represents, I took one of his names. I doubted between a lot of them (Belial, Satan, Mefistofeles...), so I took a name that I thought it was really "poethic", FallenStar, the star (angel) that challenged God's power and fell to hell because of it.
"Forget about motivation. If you want something, just fucking do it" - Day[9]
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
March 18 2012 20:15 GMT
#2750
"Opice" is Czech for "monkey", "opisska" is kind of a cute way to say (as if you were talking to a baby).

My wife once said that as a man, I am not really that great, but for a monkey, I am quite amazing!
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 20:27:31
March 18 2012 20:25 GMT
#2751
When my brother and I were 5 and 3, my dad just randomly out of the blue started calling us buge and luepert as nicknames. We both now use those names as our aliases online for stuff lol. Thanks dad!
esports
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
March 18 2012 20:30 GMT
#2752
On March 19 2012 05:25 Luepert wrote:
When my brother and I were 5 and 3, my dad just randomly out of the blue started calling us buge and luepert as nicknames. We both now use those names as our aliases online for stuff lol. Thanks dad!


Lol that's the best.
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
March 18 2012 20:34 GMT
#2753
My name is a reference to the movie That Thing You Do, by Tom Hanks about a one-hit wonder band.

In the movie, the band is phonetically pronounced the 'Wonders' but is spelled like ONE-ders. This is a band members idea they insist on, but people keep mispronouncing it as OH-NEED-ERs or OH-NED-ERs. Finally Hanks (the record label guy) makes them change it to Wonders before they sign their big contract.

The name is both an inside joke from the movie and making fun of Starcraft community names that are not spelled the way people pronounce them (cough Noonie and ih-drah) which they insist on correcting people on when they should have just spelled it phonetically to begin with. =)
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
March 18 2012 20:36 GMT
#2754
I was sitting at the ID creation screen after one of the SC2 Beta wipes and I didn't feel like using my old WoW ID, so I wasn't really sure what to do. I recently came across a certain image relating to Gary Oak and trolling, and since it was the only thing that popped into my mind, I made my ID GaryOak and I've been going by it outside of WoW (which I've since quit) ever since.
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
friedchicken
Profile Joined May 2011
United States143 Posts
March 18 2012 20:40 GMT
#2755
I was hungry.
"Don't panic" - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
nB)Bouh
Profile Joined July 2011
France35 Posts
March 18 2012 20:47 GMT
#2756
It comes from the best RPG in the world : Baldur's gate II : It's the French name for "Boo" the Giant miniature Hamster of Minsc!

GO FOR THE EYE ! Boo! or Vise les yeux Bouh! Vise les yeux!

Also it can be: boo! everyone is scared by my skill! or not ;' (
SevenOfNine
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden48 Posts
March 18 2012 20:49 GMT
#2757
The story behind my ID is quite simple, I love the movies and series called startrek I watched every one of them except the first one. So in one of these series calld Startrek Voyager there is a Character called SevenOfNine and since I liked the name and it was basiclly the only nickname I could come up with I choose it
No i'm not 30 years old which you might thing since startrek is "old" in fact i'm only 15 ^^
Do never give up! Never surrender
MaddogStarCraft
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada64 Posts
March 18 2012 20:52 GMT
#2758
Maddog was the nickname given to the pioneer of Vert skateboarding, Tony Alva. Since he is such a legend, gave my respect, by making him my SC2 ID. Yes I literally just justified it that way.
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
March 18 2012 20:56 GMT
#2759
On March 19 2012 05:49 SevenOfNine wrote:
The story behind my ID is quite simple, I love the movies and series called startrek I watched every one of them except the first one. So in one of these series calld Startrek Voyager there is a Character called SevenOfNine and since I liked the name and it was basiclly the only nickname I could come up with I choose it
No i'm not 30 years old which you might thing since startrek is "old" in fact i'm only 15 ^^


Whew, I'm not the only young generation trekkie. On Age of empires 3 I had a smurf called MrSpock.
esports
tube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1475 Posts
March 18 2012 21:00 GMT
#2760
i was youtube.com on broodwar and my friends shortened it to tube
Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.
Prev 1 136 137 138 139 140 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 255
MaxPax 241
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66351
Calm 4134
Shuttle 2599
Bisu 2264
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 580
Mini 504
EffOrt 452
Stork 357
Light 307
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
firebathero 251
Hyuk 245
ZerO 186
Snow 185
actioN 122
Barracks 116
Zeus 85
Killer 82
hero 79
Dewaltoss 65
Hyun 43
Pusan 41
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 32
Shine 28
Free 26
Sharp 26
PianO 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 18
zelot 18
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7797
Dendi974
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_254
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko426
crisheroes350
Other Games
hiko2194
singsing2184
B2W.Neo518
DeMusliM271
byalli255
Hui .200
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX155
Mew2King76
Rex36
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2116
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 53m
Replay Cast
8h 38m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.