• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:07
CEST 20:07
KST 03:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 136

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 143 Next
ULTRAmarine
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden47 Posts
November 26 2011 16:32 GMT
#2701
ULTRAmarine because my sc2name was taken. in rpgs i have on three separate occasions thought i constructed a great, previously unheard of, name just to find out later that its one of Odin's names, so it's quite probable that i am the one eyed betrayer god reborn.
IamNatural
Profile Joined November 2011
64 Posts
November 26 2011 16:32 GMT
#2702
My gamer tag is Natural, because I used to play CoD2. and i was looking for a cool name. My eyes fell onto a empty water bottle beside my desktop and I noticed "Natural Spring water". I thought Natural would be an awesome name, not like Nature, natural. But that i was a natural at the game.

When natural is taken I try IamNatural, etc. But if they're all taken I use Handicraft which was the name of a arts and craft book i found in my house.
Invictus212
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom78 Posts
November 26 2011 16:37 GMT
#2703
My nickname for everything is Invictus because of the Poem titled Invictus, and written by William Ernest Henley. I love the last two lines in particular:

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Furthermore, Invictus means unconquerable in Latin. Both the name, and the subject matter of the poem reflects who I am now, and who I'd like to become.
Arthemesia
Profile Joined May 2011
United States292 Posts
November 26 2011 16:44 GMT
#2704
My name is really simple its a band I like and also is the main ingredient in absinthe
sandg
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia123 Posts
November 26 2011 17:13 GMT
#2705
Sandg is a variation I use when sandgroper is unavailable, the term refers to a colloquial term used earlier last century for western australians, which itself refers to a type of insect native to western australia:
[image loading]
The mind is capable of anything, because everything is in it.
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
November 26 2011 17:35 GMT
#2706
Durp - Generic sound.

My usual gamer tag is Hoju, but that was taken on Team Liquid when I wanted to make my first post and needed to register.
I couldn't think of anything to name myself, and kept just saying "durp" to myself over and over as I thought of bad IDs. After a certain point, Durp was the only thing that sounded half decent to me haha
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 26 2011 17:38 GMT
#2707
sandg that is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen and I hate you. I have to ask, why were Western Australians referred to as sand gropers.

yeeeessh
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Spaackle
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States153 Posts
November 26 2011 17:44 GMT
#2708
Way back when I was 13 or so, I made up a pretty cool nickname that I thought was the best thing I'd ever heard of. Turns out it was really lame. So lame that after I came up with my current ID, I completely forgot what it was. Fast forward about a year or so, and I was signing up for something or another that needed an ID. I didn't want to use my old one, because I really didn't like it, so I looked around the room for inspiration. My eyes fell on a little tub of spackling paste that was sitting on the floor next to the computer table (spackling paste is used to fill holes in drywall, and we had quite a few holes in the walls of our basement). I immediately thought that something like Spackle would be great, then I added an extra a to make it that much cooler. TL;DR: I'm named after a home improvement product.
Friendship is Magic!
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 17:53:35
November 26 2011 17:51 GMT
#2709
--- Nuked ---
IsraeL
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom172 Posts
November 26 2011 18:43 GMT
#2710
I wanted something recognisable and unique so mine is "Abacus" and goes back to my days in DoW - I created a character called Abacus burr on an RP forum which was role-playing based on LOTR, pretty much just came into my head! It became "Aba" and "Abs" to my clan mates
StalinRusH
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States734 Posts
November 26 2011 19:09 GMT
#2711
Well my first ID was kingnitemare_66 and when i started to get serious about playing bw i joined a team with my friend. We decided to make new names (that fit and was originalish). He chose Xeemstvo so i chose Stalin. Well i wanted Stalin to be my ID for ever so i decided i needed to add something to it. I was a pretty big GoRush fan at the time so i added the Rush to the end of my ID thus making me StalinRuSH. Just for addition for alternate accounts im also StalinHero for mildly obvious reasons.
A Combination Of Tuberculosis And A Tomahawk To The Head:: Nothing Bonds Drunken Idiots Like Sexual Innuendos ::
bootyclapthunder
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States82 Posts
December 03 2011 00:15 GMT
#2712
My ID is my PSN tag name, I was watching something called the twerk on Youtube and bootyclap and thunder came to mind.
dpurple
Profile Joined November 2010
Turkmenistan592 Posts
December 03 2011 00:18 GMT
#2713
No one told me they were called deep purple and I was only a kid and didnt know english
WARMASTER.v13
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States34 Posts
December 03 2011 00:26 GMT
#2714
i stole the sn WARMASTER from a good korean friend when i was 10 he used it for single player Starcraft .. and I started using it =P .v13 = Vault-13 was an old BW clan I was in
My Life For Hire or Auire?
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
December 03 2011 03:36 GMT
#2715
i used to go by clocked, which I came with by myself after hitting my head, used it when I played halo through call of duty 4

after I quit gaming for a while and focused on art school and I came back I landed on the name renaissanceMAN after learning that a "renaissance man" is someone who makes art, plays instruments and writes, since renaissanceMAN is so long, I've been going by just "renaissance" for a while now
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
Ginyu
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada14 Posts
December 04 2011 03:41 GMT
#2716
Well, for my ID, I grew up watching DragonBall, and was absolutely consumed by Dragon Ball Z, all day I draw and talk about the show to everybody and I always thought Captain Ginyu ( Leader of the Gunyu force, which is pretty much a mercenary group ) Was with out a doubt the coolest looking character I have ever seen, and it seems like since then the name has always been part of every forum, account and what not I have made, this being on of them.
"Release it Gohan! Release Everything! Remember all the pain he's caused...the people he's hurt...NOW MAKE THAT YOUR POWER!!"
PolskaGora
Profile Joined May 2011
United States547 Posts
December 04 2011 03:51 GMT
#2717
PolskaGora literally translates into 'Polish mountain' in Polish. I love the Polish mountains, 'nuff said. They are where I will be buried when I die ^^
Tracking treasure down
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 03:53:44
December 04 2011 03:53 GMT
#2718
Luepert, when my brother and I were 5 and 3 my dad randomly gave us nicknames "booge" and "loopert"
Then when I started playing my first MMO (runescape) I needed a cool name, I went back to that, and of course it was taken out to number like 10,000. So I changed the spelling.
esports
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 04:23:53
December 04 2011 04:23 GMT
#2719
My name is from a book by Stephen Lawhead, called "Hood". It's about Robin Hood, and there was a small story in the book about a man who had to go slay a bunch of giants at their home. The man was sneaking around the giants' home, and caught them while they were eating dinner. They became aware of his presence and the King Giant ordered his minions to kill the man, but the man defeated them all and the only one left was the King. Before the King was to battle, he asked "May I ask whom my opponent is as he has defeated all of my men?" and the man replied "Call me Silidons, for such I am." After that line in the book, the author expressed that the word "Silidons" means "no-one."

So I'm no one.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
December 04 2011 04:43 GMT
#2720
When I first started gaming back 2006 I needed an ID, and because I am an avid fan of the San Diego Chargers (god their terrible this year) I decided to use SdBolts. When that was taken, I tacked on my favorite number, 4, to create SdBolts4.

I used that for about 4 years, until I got StarCraft II for Christmas last year. I decided that SdBolts4 just wasn't as good as I thought it was. I pondered what my new name should be for a while until I realized that I was trying to "envision" myself being called various names. The name envision sounded cool because it implied I always was looking forward, and thus my name, envisioN was born.
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22592
Calm 3916
Mini 334
Mind 86
910 84
Free 55
Trap 39
Aegong 28
soO 24
Noble 7
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7986
XaKoH 444
canceldota3
Counter-Strike
fl0m5340
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2927
Other Games
singsing1992
FrodaN737
Beastyqt627
B2W.Neo606
mouzStarbuck245
Livibee192
C9.Mang0142
Trikslyr140
RotterdaM112
Khaldor88
KnowMe88
QueenE70
Liquid`Hasu39
BRAT_OK 37
ZombieGrub14
MindelVK13
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2457
Other Games
• Shiphtur798
• imaqtpie579
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 53m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.