• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 135

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 143 Next
ntssauce
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany750 Posts
November 26 2011 13:45 GMT
#2681
my id is "sauce"

one day i was joking with friends on a lan. while playing cs:s we changed our names permanently and choosing shitnames like: Pwning Pijama or sth like that. I rememberd the sauce you can choose at subway "Saucesourcream" and it became my name at that lan. When i came home i didn't even remember that i changed it and it stayed. Later i removed the " sourcream " and sauce stayed till today
MMA and Alive you are the best! | Goodbye ST_Sound ~
NEgroidZerg
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States244 Posts
November 26 2011 13:47 GMT
#2682
My ID is lazy. I am lazy.
Yeah
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
November 26 2011 14:00 GMT
#2683
My id here at team liquid is felisconcolori. To pronounce it, it is felis con colori. It has in the past been shortened to FCC or felis. It is not my bnet ID. (Although it is related - in a generic way.)

Backstory: A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there used to be these things called "BBS" or bulletin board systems. In the local southeast massachuesetts area, I as a young kid started banging around on a few of them as Cougar. When I eventually acquired access to the internet (as it was at the time), this turned out to be often times in use at the multiple user domains I visited (talkers, they were called, because they were less games and more social chat rooms) - I had to come up with another nom de plume. Obviously, I like the animal - I used its common name for a couple years, so I decided I would just use a different name. I was at that time taking latin, and the full scientific name for a mountain lion (or cougar) was (at that time) felis concolor - translated in various places as "cat of all one color". I decided to go for "cat of many colors", and of course promptly screwed up the translation by think "felis" is cat, "con" is a prefix or joining word (of or with; I was coming off of two and half years of Spanish), and color was exactly what it looks like. The -i suffix makes that plural, so then what I end up with is felis concolori. This is horribly wrong, btw. The plural of color would be colores I think. Later, I said "oops - must've really meant some strange contraction of concolor coryi" (which is the Florida panther subspecies). Of course, by that point, I'd already been using the name for 4 or 5 years. And near the time I started using it, the scientific community decided to monkey with names - depending on where you look, the cougar is now puma concolor instead of felis concolor.

Oh well. At this point, I've been using the name for 20ish years, I'm not going to change it. And it's fairly distinctive - I rarely see anyone else using it. And there you go.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Toth201
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands49 Posts
November 26 2011 14:05 GMT
#2684
I'm a big fan of ancient egyptian mythology etc. my first nickname was Osiris the god of the afterlife (how cool is THAT :p) then I started playing guild wars, my main was a necromancer but I needed more character names, the obvious decision came to name my characters after other egyptian gods. When I made a monk, the god corresponding with that was pretty obvious, Toth, which is the dutch schoolbook variant on Thoth. Eventually the monk took over the necromancer as my main character and from then I've been known as Toth.

201 was randomly generated when Osiris was taken at the free MMO tibia.

In other MMO's where just Toth is taken i'm called Toth Whitefell. Whitefell also being a randomly generated last name for the sandbox MMO Darkfall. I thought/think it sounds cool.

Apperantly Toth is a pretty common name in I believe hungary. People also tend to call it Tooth, so in alot of clans/guilds people call me Tooth, just to try and piss me off.
najreteip
Profile Joined December 2010
Belgium4158 Posts
November 26 2011 14:08 GMT
#2685
Well, it's pretty simple, my first name is Pieterjan so,
pieterjannajreteip :p

I have no quote!
Jamileon
Profile Joined June 2011
United States63 Posts
November 26 2011 14:08 GMT
#2686
when i was really young i loved chameleons and i played this game called Viva Piniata where the chameleon in the game was called Jamleon. I just hated the sound of that so i added an "i" so here i am. Jamileon
w00kies
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany25 Posts
November 26 2011 14:09 GMT
#2687
My TL nickname is not my real one (I just saw Star wars movie, before I registered and my real name was taken...)
My reall Name is RaT:
I play Warhammer for 1.5 years, I play the race Skaven (like Rathumans), they have big mutated Rat, called Ratogeres (or so don't know the english name). I named myselve Rattenoger (which is this in German), because I like this Unit.
After a Time it did feel kinda silly, because it is German and long.
So I changed to Rat. I am a big DarKFoRcE fan, and because i thought this randomcaps is funny i did it too.
Sorry for bad English
Nenyim
Profile Joined April 2010
France110 Posts
November 26 2011 14:10 GMT
#2688
I was 12years old, reading a lot of star wars story and had no way what to pick on my first only game (T4C) so i picked the name of one of the charactere and here is "nen yim" (the space went to hell). Used it again on diablo 2 so i would keep touch with people from T4C and using it since .
PhothreeniX
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada161 Posts
November 26 2011 14:24 GMT
#2689
Originally Pho3niX, however after many people commenting about a number in my name I decided to make it more understandable. Thus, PhothreeniX.
mossing
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway19 Posts
November 26 2011 14:33 GMT
#2690
Lim3. My name backwards, bit lame but i like it
mossing as my username(forums) i use that for everything non-dodgy as its my last name easy to remember.
Sif nu
Tamiel
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom18 Posts
November 26 2011 14:33 GMT
#2691
I was playing TES VI oblivion and couldn't think of a name. Then i remembered the world was called Tamriel So i just took away the i.
InfernoStarcraft
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia136 Posts
November 26 2011 14:35 GMT
#2692
ID i use for anything if it's not taken is 'Inferno', it's the name of the drummer in my favorite band (totally original)

+ Show Spoiler +
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth_%28band%29
I like Hello Panda's
RaNdOmOwNaGe
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia51 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 14:47:47
November 26 2011 14:44 GMT
#2693
I was 9 years old, my older brother had this really cool game called Warcraft III, The Frozen Throne. I watched him play for ages. Then one night I was having trouble sleeping and decided I was going to steal his laptop when he was asleep and play it all through the night. When I was creating my B.net account I stopped. What was my name going to be? I wanted it to be something cool, for some reason I thought something random would be cool. Then the name 'SomeRandom' popped into my head. It was meant to be. I used that name for the whole 6 years I played B.net on WC3 TFT, from 2004, to 2010 when I gave it up to play SC2.

I really only ever started doing other stuff in early 2010, like signing up and making names for other things. I never got the name 'SomeRandom' ever again. It always had to have zeros replacing o's. Eventually not even that worked. This made me resort, when I created my TeamLiquid account, to be 'RandomOwnage'. Not being able to use 'SomeRandom' kinda hurts me inside, and never being able to play on my WC3 account ever again hurts aswell. My original ID worked so well to me, it was so kind to me and I loved it back, but now... All I have left are the memories of being the first ever 'SomeRandom' on WC3 B.net.

I think I need to find a new ID, I hate having to put numbers in my name, it reminds of the fact that someone else made it first. Eventually I will think of something that not even someone in 2011 or even 2012 has thought of, that will be the day that I feel what I did back in the twilight days of early 2010.

I don't know about anyone else, but my original ID will always be cherished and remembered for as long as I can remember, simply because the memories of that name I so heart warming. It brings back the memories of my first b.net friends, friends that were so close that even after rights we came back to together, even only knowing eachother as 13 year olds over the internet. The friends that lasted for years and were lost after the time of playing the game was over for them. It reminds me of some of the happiest moments in my life to date.

Hopefully others will *Heart* their ID's as much as I do.
<3 ZealotS
Streakhaven
Profile Joined November 2011
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 15:07:54
November 26 2011 15:07 GMT
#2694
This username comes when i bought SC2 for the first time

the first time i want to go with the name "Kourindou"(a reference to Touhou Project) but that would be too general for me. Suddenly i think about something "to go streak to the heaven/highest place" and then i choose this username xD
Fate... has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it.
PandaMonk
Profile Joined June 2011
United States300 Posts
November 26 2011 15:10 GMT
#2695
My friend gave me his account, sometimes I go by PantsOfGlory or just Ohboy which are just random names that popped into my head. For now, my bnet account is called PandaMonk, just because thats the one he chose, and Im not sure what to rename myself to
Nathonian
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 13:30:25
November 26 2011 16:10 GMT
#2696
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
November 26 2011 16:17 GMT
#2697
I was an amateur paintball (speedball) player. I had 2 favorite pro teams. Strange and Dynasty. Strange disbanded so I went with Dynasty, but that name was taken by an inactive user here and on iccup. So on iccup I went with Dynasty530 (530 is my area code, I know lame), and here I wanted my name to look very "pro gamerish" so I went with DyEnasTy. Id love it if I could change it to Dynasty.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
TorrentOfPoop
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden12 Posts
November 26 2011 16:26 GMT
#2698
The infamous Poopfeast420 who "trolls artosis" - google it :D
And yay, on the day of reckoning, there will be a great torrent of poop. And, drowning in poop, good men will meet their maker.
Probasaur
Profile Joined August 2011
United States461 Posts
November 26 2011 16:26 GMT
#2699
I build probes, I like bulbasaur, voila.
"He who makes a beast of himself.... gets rid of the pain of being a man" -Hunter S Thompson.
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
November 26 2011 16:30 GMT
#2700
I'm Zambrah because...

Originally, when I was first starting to play World of Warcraft I began to try out all the classes and races, and in the end I settled on Troll Shaman. Earlier, I had learned about different religions, and I thought that Brahmin sounded awesome, trolly, and shamany, plus he was the Hindu god of Creation if I recall correctly.

So, my original realm was really, really awful, so I switched realms and decided that I needed a new name, but I wanted to keep the heart of my original name, because it was special to me, y'know.

So, I went with Zam, because my name is Sam and I figured signing artwork Zam would be awesome, and then I put it in front of brah, hence Zambrah.

Plus, it sounded troll-shamany too. :-D
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Other Games
summit1g7044
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0268
ceh9171
Sick144
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo1020
• Stunt402
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 37m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.