• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:20
CEST 02:20
KST 09:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8355 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 141

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 Next
Flyingcookie
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 06:03:52
March 19 2012 06:01 GMT
#2801
Back in the days when i started playing eve online all my usual names weren't aviable anymore and i ate cookies

game with spaceships + cookies = Flyingcookie :>

i stock till today with it :D
Try to (b)eat the cookie!
Pooka
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States140 Posts
March 19 2012 06:05 GMT
#2802
When I was about 10 years old, I saw an episode of the Pokémon cartoon with a surfing Pikachu, and its name was Pooka. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, so I used this screen name on any site I went to. 13 years later, here I am. Unfortunately, I later learned that the correct spelling is "Puka."
mono_regio
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany77 Posts
March 19 2012 08:25 GMT
#2803
I actually had no clue which name to use when I sat in front of the screen and I had to. don't know why I didnt want to use my usual name, I actually dont remember why. but I had recently read a book about roman emperors I read many times before, but years ago. So I just used one that sounded nice which turned out to be Heliogabal (though it should be Elagabal, the book is a bit older)
"I just don't understand ZvZ" [me] "yeah, me neither" [LiquidRet] | http://munich-starcraft.de
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
March 19 2012 08:34 GMT
#2804
I'm a jimi hendrix fan.
"let your freak flag fly"
AlgeriaT
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden2197 Posts
March 19 2012 08:37 GMT
#2805
Well I'm a huge Bowie fan and I took my name from the character Algeria Touchshriek that he invented for his '96 album 1. Outside. The lyrics/background theme to the whole album is a so called "hypercycle" about art crime in some dark near-future featuring various characters who Bowie impersonates on the album. I always get Bladerunner-like imagery in my head when I listen to it. It's an album well worth checking out, even if you're not a Bowie fan at all. Songs from it were featured in the movies Lost Highway and Seven. So, the nick actually has nothing to do with the country per se.
CORN GIRL + Flash + FanTaSy + CholeraSC + iNcontroL 4 eva <3
darkscream
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2310 Posts
March 19 2012 09:26 GMT
#2806
Originally, I was "HellScream". I made that up without playing warcraft 2, I swear.

When I found out about Grom HellScream, I felt like a dork and changed the word hell to dark.

Yeah, I was a pretty typical nerd kid.... skulls and dragons etc...
b3n3tt3
Profile Joined January 2012
595 Posts
March 19 2012 10:19 GMT
#2807
it's my real name, and back then 1337 sp33k was in. so there... lol
Xanatoss
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany539 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 11:31:34
March 19 2012 11:31 GMT
#2808
Xanatos is one of the main antagonists in the animated series "Gargoyles", which holds a special place in my childhood-memories. For Online-Games (multiple Characters) I use derivatives of it like Xan (referencing to the Mage in Baldurs Gate 1), Xanatar or like in SC2 Xanatoss, which is a homage to my Protoss-Race. Besides that it creates the wordplay Xan-a-toss.
Love it!
The chair slowly turns around. You see his face, but it can't be. He's not supposed to be here. Not him. Not a Protoss. Not THAT Protoss. MC says, "Hi Greg, long time no see." You back slowly out of the booth. But you can't. It's already forcefielded.
ThatGuy89
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1968 Posts
March 19 2012 11:35 GMT
#2809
me and 2 of my mates played 3v3 alot just after release and we wanted to think of 3 names that went together well

we ended up with ThisGuy ThatGuy and TheOtherGuy :p
unfortunately for me ThatGuy was taken so i just added 89. my year of birth
Oldgrain
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland165 Posts
March 19 2012 11:37 GMT
#2810
On March 19 2012 19:19 b3n3tt3 wrote:
it's my real name, and back then 1337 sp33k was in. so there... lol

1337 sp33k was never in!

I got my nick by opening my english text book on the adjectives page and closed my eyes and hit my finger on a word that happened to be Old. As that wasn't really a good id I turned to the dictionary part and did the same thing (first blindly select page and then blindly finger to a word) and came up with grain.

Probably the most boring story in this thread.
TWThoth
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand48 Posts
March 19 2012 11:46 GMT
#2811
Mine is the name of an ancient Egyptian deity, Thoth, the god of wisdom, knowledge and was the scribe of history itself.

I was referred to as wise on a number of occasions by friends, whether I am or not is up for debate (I honestly don't think I am, but I liked the name, and so it stuck, has been my nickname everywhere ever since). As for the tag, Thoth was taken, so I used the TW tag I normally use in this instance, this was before I formed mGG, so now my name should be mGGThoth, but I don't know if there is a way to change my name on TL .
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius
Mentalizor
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1596 Posts
March 19 2012 11:50 GMT
#2812
On March 19 2012 15:01 Flyingcookie wrote:
Back in the days when i started playing eve online all my usual names weren't aviable anymore and i ate cookies

game with spaceships + cookies = Flyingcookie :>

i stock till today with it :D


Sounds just like mine... While making a character in WoW on a new server all my regular names were somehow already taken. So I was going mental and thought... well... might aswell...
(yಠ,ಠ)y - Y U NO ALL IN? - rtsAlaran: " I somehow sit inside the bus.Hot_Bit giving me a massage"
Capiachi
Profile Joined October 2010
78 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 12:43:22
March 19 2012 12:02 GMT
#2813
Its a bit of a story, but here goes.

My first serious nick was capMan, this was during a pretty long period when I used to wear a cap all the time(even during summer...) The added bonus to me about the name was that it was sort of a superhero name for obvious reasons When I came to my senses and started wearing it less and less the nick became weird so it became Capi because I simply liked the sound of it. However I still felt like something was missing, so I added "achi" to it since Im a huge fan of anime and such. The name has no meaning that i know of though.

I have noticed a problem with it though as alot of people are unable to spell and pronounce it.

EDIT: Just remembered back when Counter-Strike beta 6 came out and I started playing it, must have been around 10 years old at most. I called myself -:MaRinE-001:-, because I liked the army guys from movies, and the 001 because I wanted to be the best sortof, the number 1 marine. You can imagine how quickly I changed it when people at school started laughing
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
March 19 2012 12:13 GMT
#2814
My favourite singer's name, with an "e" on the end

I'm NOT the brood war guy. He didn't have an "e"!
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
Zythius
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Norway94 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 12:19:36
March 19 2012 12:18 GMT
#2815
I made mine up at about 14 years old. Have been using it on discussion boards and in games ever since. I wanted something cool and unique. At least it's pretty unique. Inspirations? Maybe from Star Wars?

Since I played a lot of games under this nickname I decided to keep it, even though it might be a bit 14-year old-ish
And my friends have made fun variants of the name in my native language, so it has to stay
SirSoup
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia19 Posts
March 19 2012 12:25 GMT
#2816
A long long time ago, my id used to be called 8ubbletea, one because, lets face it, who doesnt love bubbletea, two i was a fan of hyuna and 8 for the chinese lucky number 8. When i joined a war3 clan called getz, i had to change it to getzbubble, that sounded weird so i changed it to 'click' GetzClick. Soon after i switched to starcraft and left getz, click by it self seemed somewhat lonely, so i changed it to DoubleClick. It wasnt soon after that i became a HUGE HUGE fan of marineking, and being the crazy fan i am i changed my name to ClickPrime, in honor of marineking. There you have it how i got from 8ubbletea to ClickPrime
One can not lose what was never had, example: ur brain
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 14:23:06
March 19 2012 14:16 GMT
#2817
I'm actually pretty proud of my name and it's origins


I was about 12 or 13 at the time and it all started when I used to play an MMORPG called NosTale. In this game I was making a mage character and wanted a name with some thought behind it. Mage's got a special ability at a higher level where they could temporarily turn into a Fire Mage - whose strongest ability was a skill called meteor.

I thought hey, i'll name myself something that has to do with fire/meteors!

So anyway, I researched for a little while on meteors and found out that when a meteor strikes earth (often in sandy/desert areas) the heat and force of the impact causes particles from earth to melt together and form a "glass" like substance - this is called tektite.

I thought HEY cool tektite is fucking awesome, but did not quite like the sound of the name for my character. I looked into it a little more and discovered that the origin of the word "tektite" comes from the greek word "tektos" which means molten.

YES! That sounds awesome I thought to myself - and have been calling myself Tektos ever since


On my 20th birthday my girlfriend (who is also a gamer, so knew my ID quite well) actually managed to get in touch with the geology professor at her university and organised to get some tektite for me. So I have sitting next to my bed a small rock of tektite dug out of the ground in China. It is pretty awesome.

Wikipedia article on tektite, its pretty interesting stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tektite
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
March 19 2012 14:44 GMT
#2818
About 2-3 years ago I was on iCCup under the name fallenarchon. I sucked and did mostly UMS games. So I started creating new accounts because I couldn't clearstats fast enough to stay at D level. So fallenarchon became arcticarchon, which became arcticwarfare, which became Arctic_warfarE.

So first came the Sentinel. I was into mapmaking at the time (and still am), and played Zerg at the time. I was still Arctic_warfarE and I had this buddy who constantly, CONSTANTLY fucked me over with expansions (I was semi-decent, in the next 3 months I'd hit D+ rank and C- soon after). And there was this one unit I loved, Guardians, perfect for attacking from the sea or from a cliff. He's Terran and Guardians outrange turrets.

So I upped the stats of the guardian but not super-noticeable, to 30 instead of 20 per shot. Turrets decimated, SCV's die in two shots instead of three. Fucking A. I called it the Zerg Sentinel, kind of a synonym for Guardian, and I'd just host a map but my own version where the Guardian is OP. And became SentineL-EX.

On TL I didn't want to be associated with Combat (for obvious reasons) and later I found out that there was already a dude named Sentenal who I didn't know too well but tried to stay away from as well, so I took my old clantag, University of Narnia. UoN.

[UoN]Sentinel.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
DukeMumford
Profile Joined February 2012
United States4 Posts
March 19 2012 14:53 GMT
#2819
Mine is derived from a silly game that my friends and I played to determine our "pornstar" names. You take the name of your first pet, and the name of the street you grew up on and combine them.

Pet = Duke
Street = Mumford Drive (drop the drive)

Duke + Mumford = Duke Mumford.

Kinda stuck for everything I do that needs a codename or username.
Afterstar
Profile Joined November 2010
67 Posts
March 19 2012 14:58 GMT
#2820
Back in the good ol'days, my favourite games were C&C:Red Alert:Aftermath and Starcraft.
I was thinking of RedStar,but that sounded too soviet-russian like,so i combined other words from the game titles and voila.
Don't cry because it's over,smile because it happened.
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 211
SpeCial 130
ViBE100
Nathanias 77
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12035
Rain 1457
GuemChi 945
Artosis 682
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever393
Counter-Strike
minikerr3
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox811
Mew2King92
Other Games
summit1g6362
shahzam666
WinterStarcraft480
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0305
Trikslyr52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta17
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur301
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 40m
INu's Battles
10h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 40m
OSC
21h 55m
Replay Cast
22h 40m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.