• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:38
CEST 17:38
KST 00:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10433 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
April 04 2010 09:54 GMT
#21
I was thinking of making this thread yesterday lol. Pretty sure I had read it somewhere in blogs though....

Anyway I chose my name cuz it's the best name ever.
losso
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Bulgaria158 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 09:57:55
April 04 2010 09:54 GMT
#22
it was a long long time ago when we, like 12 year old kids, wanted to start our own serious gaming organization :D. so i basically wanted to think of a really cool nickname :D

I was a wc3 player back then and I thought a bit of the names like Grubby, ToD, FoV - none of them made sense but instead just sounded cool. So I wanted to follow the same logic and spent like a week trying to come up with something random that has no meaning but sounds cool. So I came to the conclusion that "Losso" is simple, looks cool and sounds cool and got it to be my nickname. Been regretting that decision ever since. But a lot of people now know me by that name so I can't really change it >_>

And on top of it, later I found out that "Losso" is an actual portugese name.
HDstarcraft
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States577 Posts
April 04 2010 09:55 GMT
#23
I wish I had a more interesting story for my name
YouTube.com/HDstarcraft
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 04 2010 09:56 GMT
#24
On April 04 2010 18:54 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
I was thinking of making this thread yesterday lol. Pretty sure I had read it somewhere in blogs though....

Anyway I chose my name cuz it's the best name ever.


dont steal my thunder!

+ Show Spoiler +
GET IT!?!?!?!?
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
April 04 2010 09:56 GMT
#25
I watched the anime Melody of Oblivion, the vehicles they rode were called Aiba-Machines, in one of the episodes it mentions its name as Monokeros, which basically means unicorn. If you've watched the anime you would agree on how awesome they were and would never question the greatness of my name.
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
April 04 2010 09:56 GMT
#26
On April 04 2010 18:56 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 18:54 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
I was thinking of making this thread yesterday lol. Pretty sure I had read it somewhere in blogs though....

Anyway I chose my name cuz it's the best name ever.


dont steal my thunder!

+ Show Spoiler +
GET IT!?!?!?!?


zing
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
April 04 2010 09:58 GMT
#27
On April 04 2010 18:51 NeverGG wrote:
I started out way back in the day (2007) as a Samsung Khan fan. The first English speaking player I met was FBH (Lee Sungeun.) My ID is actually a quote from his page in these diaries;

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=89219

'Legends Never GG.'

Whoa how did I miss that one.
GANDHISAUCE
Radiomouse
Profile Joined November 2009
Netherlands209 Posts
April 04 2010 09:59 GMT
#28
when i first had to make a nickname for myself i was playing advance wars on a gameboy advance.

The first five letters i randomly entered were "badel".

Then i started playing war3 and afterwards wow and stuck to that name. When i came off my WoW addiction i started playing warcraft 3 a bit more seriously and after a while i was losing all the time to undead that i thought it was so overpowered i should play it. But seeing as i was a smart little tiger, i wanted to create a new account as my night elf account was around 30% win percentage(which is horrible horrible horrible).

Then when it came to the nickname creation screen i was listening to radiohead while spamming with my mouse. Combining the two led to my name.

(there is also a story after this about why i switched to "Kitten[twR]" at one point, but i'll take that one to my grave with me)
DarKFoRcE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1215 Posts
April 04 2010 10:00 GMT
#29
I think my nick was WiNdFoRcE or something like that when i started playing wc3 (like the bow in d2) - i think i was 14 - and after a very long (like 1 hour) game gagainst DarK.PaNZeN in which i luckily won at the end after i already thought i had no chances left i decided to change my nickname to remember that game.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/PinDarKFoRcE
Never Post
Profile Joined July 2004
United Kingdom503 Posts
April 04 2010 10:02 GMT
#30
What better name to lurk the forums with?
Note to self: [You have short term memory loss - you did post this]
m4gdelen4
Profile Joined October 2008
United States416 Posts
April 04 2010 10:03 GMT
#31
My name is the name of a song I like from the band A Perfect Circle. Except when I first used it for an account I didn't realize I spelled it wrong (the correct spelling is Magdalena, 4 for As). When I finally realized it was wrong, it didn't matter. I ended up with something unique and it always works
it does to blue what blue does to you
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 10:06:59
April 04 2010 10:04 GMT
#32
Snotboogie's dead body is the first character you ever see in The Wire, aka the greatest television series ever made. His death sparks a conversation that would show the tone and flavour of the rest of the series.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYgKmOJT_gM
Manbear
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada306 Posts
April 04 2010 10:05 GMT
#33
On April 04 2010 18:41 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 18:39 Plexa wrote:
When I was like, 11, I learned of the number googolplex. Being the incredible nerd I am, when it came to choosing an I.D. i just dropped the googol and added an a to the end.

Terrible, I know....


LOL that is awesome >_< i thought plexa was like indian for waffles.


I'm not gonna lie I fucking laughed hard at this, just funny picturing plexa deciding waffles are the best ID for him
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 04 2010 10:06 GMT
#34
it came from the idea of battle.net IDs using simple nouns

and paper is pretty simple :3
Hates Fun🤔
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 04 2010 10:07 GMT
#35
On April 04 2010 18:39 Plexa wrote:
When I was like, 11, I learned of the number googolplex. Being the incredible nerd I am, when it came to choosing an I.D. i just dropped the googol and added an a to the end.

Terrible, I know....

What is the history behind SchreI then?

My idea is stolen from a pen and paper RPG (Shadowrun) character.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 10:10:07
April 04 2010 10:09 GMT
#36
Like 10 years ago I just opened my English dictionary at a random page and saw "snowbird".

Translation was: slang for someone who does cocaine.

It was my gangsta rap phase so I thought I could be cool like Snoop with that ID.

Later I found out that nobody seems to use/know that slang and people rather think of old people going south to wither and die?
@riotsnowbird
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
April 04 2010 10:09 GMT
#37
lol MrHoon - the NazgulRider !

my original ID was always chopsuey, but when I wanted to register it on TL, it was already taken. The story behind disciple thou is from I think 7 or 8 years ago when I was a gosu HOMM3 player and played every weekend with some friends of mine. Then another TBS came out - Disciples 2, and I switched to it, because I found it so much more fun. My buddies were not into the game, so everytime we played HOMM3 my ID was disciple to annoy them.

To think about it, disciple as a word sounds great and I like it, but it always rises the question "disciple of what?" . I'm not religious and my discipline is quite awful, so it still doesnt make any sense, but I used this ID for long enough to prefer it over my original ID
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
April 04 2010 10:10 GMT
#38
Theres this guy called Lord Emon in Shadow of the Colossus. I like the name, dropped the Lord and voila.
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
April 04 2010 10:13 GMT
#39
I was 11 or 12 and trying to come up with a nice-sounding original name for my Diablo character. Turns out Gann is taken in just about everything (so much for original) so I put a 1 after it on forums, and another syllable after it in games where I can't use numbers.
I drop suckas like Plinko
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
April 04 2010 10:13 GMT
#40
sleeepy, because early morning class = 2 more hours for nap time.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1136
Mini 933
Soma 605
actioN 540
Rush 383
ggaemo 362
Light 362
Larva 287
Stork 258
Horang2 252
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 203
hero 198
Barracks 134
Killer 112
firebathero 105
Shine 103
Dewaltoss 99
Aegong 99
Sea.KH 76
Zeus 74
Sexy 41
Shinee 39
Sharp 36
JYJ 36
soO 31
ToSsGirL 29
sorry 24
Liquid`Ret 24
Bale 20
zelot 18
Rock 17
Trap 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7782
qojqva1907
Dendi797
420jenkins167
Counter-Strike
fl0m967
Fnx 762
x6flipin485
edward47
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
gofns7202
singsing1548
B2W.Neo937
Khaldor676
byalli555
Lowko366
Mlord287
Liquid`VortiX199
DeMusliM194
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe134
Trikslyr39
BRAT_OK 8
Railgan5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH178
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2451
• Jankos1742
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur158
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 22m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.