• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8790 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 107

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 143 Next
Rasun
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States787 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 04:37:23
July 11 2011 04:22 GMT
#2121
I had the NatGeo channel on when I was making a name for something, I can't remember what. There was a show on about Ancient Egypt and their theology. The Sun god of Egypt is named Ra,
Ra the Sun god,
Ra-sun,
Rasun,
Aren't I clever.
Don't know why I still use it, its pretty dumb lol.
I've had people pronounce it everything from Raisin to Rasoon.

I actually go by Clockwork a lot, due to the fact that the mechanical regularity in both time-telling devices and the passing of time in our universe is a concept that both fascinates and captivates me.
"People need to just settle the fuck down!"- Djwheat <3
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
July 11 2011 04:28 GMT
#2122
My EU name is Nemesis, which sounds like just a generic try-hard name, but I got it from Pokemon TT; Mah toxicroak <3

My US account is Pheni, which I heard from a Youtube cast (guy called Kommisar, very underrated australian caster) where the caster was speculating on the plural of Phoenix, noting that it certainly wasn't Pheni. I thought Pheni sounded cool, so went for that basically. No elaborate stories etc. Well, my original nick was marttorn, which is my first and last name blended, but that free name change was too tempting.
memes are a dish best served dank
owari
Profile Joined June 2011
United States11 Posts
July 11 2011 04:29 GMT
#2123
Owari is Japanese for end (or something like that) and i always heard it listening to j music and watching anime so i decided it should be my name. Also my thought processes was that I want to end my enemy. turbo-lame but that's ok...
when i kill her, ill have her... (dance upon the graves of the dead, upon your name)
MrProb
Profile Joined January 2011
Thailand794 Posts
July 11 2011 04:30 GMT
#2124
being a natural born-artist, when my friends asked me to go clubbin, going out or hit any night spot back in the day.I usually made my decisions based on my moods.So, sometimes, i just say "no, im lazy" just like that and when my friends finally got tired of me, they started calling me "Mr.Prob" which stand for "Mr.Problem" lol....
rave[wcr] wrote: wtf how can erik understand kelly, its like han solo and chewabacca overthere.
Treetop
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States140 Posts
July 11 2011 04:30 GMT
#2125
Mine came about from a very happy coincidence.

There is this old, old text based role playing game that I had played for years and years. There was a particular place that I was "hunting" in at the time and I really loved it there. It was called "The Blighted Forest Treetop".

I was signing up for some random website and the Internet handle I had been using for a number of years was starting to get a bit boring and I wanted something new. I went through a lot of Fantasy-ish sounding names, all of them being taken already.

I had just finished hunting in that spot and had a can of apple juice in front of me as well.

Can we guess what brand it was? So, due to those two things happening at the same time, I picked up the name and have went with it. And they all lived happily ever after. THE END.
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
July 11 2011 04:31 GMT
#2126
I think it came to me in a dream
<3 Moonbattles
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 04:34:08
July 11 2011 04:31 GMT
#2127
Back when I played a game called NosTale I was a mage and I always used my SP card - fire mage. Being a fire mage your most powerful attack was Meteor.


Meteors when they crash into sand all the heat and pressure creates a glass which is known as Tektite. Tektite comes from the Greek word τεκτός tektos, which means molten.

Fun fact, my girlfriend (also a gamer, so knows my tag + the origin very well) managed to find a piece of tektite which she gave to me for my birthday, it is so fucking awesome.


Hence I named my fire mage on NosTale Tektos, loved the name and its rarely taken so I stick with it.
Mr. Black
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States470 Posts
July 11 2011 04:32 GMT
#2128
In Texas, high school football is a big deal. When I was in high school, our football team was terrible, and people at our school had nothing really to cheer for. My friends and I started an indoor soccer team called the Reservoir Dogs (after the Tarantino movie). We only had a few players that actually played soccer. A lot of the players were just cool people from school. I chose the name Mr. Black, because that is the name that Joe in the movie says that everyone argues about wanting to be. We would grill hotdogs at the games, and we would have people in the stands playing a boom box. Sometimes we would dress up in costumes (nurse, Superman).

Because we had like 13 players (five play at a time), and most teams only had one or two subs, we ended up winning most of our games via attrition. We handed out fliers at the school and by the championship game (which we made it to), we had the stands full, plus people standing around in the complex. We lost the finals by having too many players ejected for bad behavior. I got ejected for fouling a guy and then raising my hands in triumph while the crowd cheered.

That's my TL id. My SC id is Phathatter. That is, of course, a play on the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. It sounded a lot cooler in middle school when I was playing Quake 1, like 15 years or so ago. Now it is embarrassingly cheesy.
Make more anything.
insearchof
Profile Joined July 2011
United States57 Posts
July 11 2011 04:39 GMT
#2129
On April 04 2010 21:30 Perseverance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 21:21 Murderotica wrote:
Combining my interests into 1 word.



So your interests are Murder, and homoerotica?



LOL
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.
BossPlaya
Profile Joined September 2010
United States141 Posts
July 11 2011 04:42 GMT
#2130
There's a Snoop Dogg album called Paid Tha Cost to be The Boss and him and Don Magic Juan are talking about "church" and "preach" and "tabernacle". BossPlaya is one of the songs on the album and it's also a title that Snoop has been crowned.
Paid tha cost to be The Boss.
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
July 11 2011 04:42 GMT
#2131
Matheus Alpino Gomes Rodrigues, that's my name.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
InvalidID
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1050 Posts
July 11 2011 04:45 GMT
#2132
Back when I played WC3 I had a cunning strategy with this username. I would spam some computer error looking garble at the beginning of the game, detonate all my own wisps to kill them, uproot my main and use the eat tree ability of NE buildings to hide in some distant corner of the map. It worked shockingly often.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 11 2011 04:50 GMT
#2133
Although people confuse my handle with "Gamegenie" (MMA) all the time, it actually came from an old friend. We were making online handles for ourselves and thought that gamegene sounded cool. You know. Games. Genetics. stuff like that.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
CitrusFo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada116 Posts
July 11 2011 04:54 GMT
#2134
GameGenie Terran is MVP btw.
Mine comes from back when i was a kid my mother would always put an orange in my stocking for chistmas as a family tradition because in her time oranges were a luxury. When i would look at her with a WTF face she would say "eat your orange you need vitamins if you want to grow tall."
So here i am now with a CitrusFOVitC tag and im almost as tall as drewbie
Sup Dawgs. Im Simon
VsTerminus
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada42 Posts
July 11 2011 04:58 GMT
#2135
Well, my account used to be VsTerminus, to which I shortened to Terminus.

Versus Terminus is one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands In Flames.

I ended up dropping Vs from it because I found that TerminusSC / TerminusStarcraft works better for streaming and what not. VsTerminusSC / VsTerminusStarcraft just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.
WCBrownDFU
Profile Joined December 2010
United States20 Posts
July 11 2011 05:03 GMT
#2136
I always notice the UPS truck stopping in front of my house to deliver a package.

What Can Brown Do For You seemed appropriate :-)
Oh BTW my last name is Brown
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ We Flip Tables!!!
Sententia
Profile Joined July 2011
United States90 Posts
July 11 2011 05:16 GMT
#2137
I had 3 goals when choosing the ID I decided I'd use for basically every forum:

1: I wanted it to sound cool
2: I wanted it to have vague notions of intelligence
3: I wanted very much to confuse people. If one were to type 'sententia definition' into google, they'd find that it means using a single, pithy statement of general wisdom to conclude or sum up a subject. But what I mean by Sententia is the Latin definition, which is simply the concept of thought or opinion.
Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black and the dark street winds and bends. Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow, we shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow, and watch where the chalk-white arrows go,
Uncanny
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1 Post
July 11 2011 05:58 GMT
#2138
When i was younger i used to go to this site calle gaia online all the time.
Ya know to talk to people an stuff cause real life is BS :b
But one of my fav items on that site is Uncanny Form it lets you change your skin an stuff.
So i just started using Uncanny and for some reason its never taken :b
Clog
Profile Joined January 2011
United States950 Posts
July 11 2011 06:03 GMT
#2139
Took a massive shit
NesTea | LosirA | MVP | CoCa | Nada | Ryung | DRG | YongHwa
KvltMan
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1609 Posts
July 11 2011 06:10 GMT
#2140
My original handle was KvltMan, and it was a silly name I chose when I was almost exclusively listening to heavy metal, but never took the image of most groups all too seriously. Kvlt is a sort of parody of the extremely underground bands that only print limited editions of CD's, even though they only have two fans. So I just threw together Kvlt and Man and the story tells itself.

My new handle is Reset, and I just took it because me and my friend where discussing great terrans with douchebag names (Such as SeleCT), so I just took Reset for fun.
Get crunk
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 52
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin30
Other Games
singsing1919
olofmeister1062
Lowko298
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe119
dupreeh100
Livibee52
B2W.Neo38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1132
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Replay Cast
12h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.