• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:33
CEST 10:33
KST 17:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10481 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 106

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 143 Next
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
July 11 2011 03:15 GMT
#2101
World of Warcraft random name generator...
NbSky
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada1023 Posts
July 11 2011 03:18 GMT
#2102
Darude - Sandstorm
Sandstorm@USEast | The Last Pride [EviL] GW2 | Nb.Sky
aeyr
Profile Joined December 2009
United States60 Posts
July 11 2011 03:23 GMT
#2103
My sister's name is Danielle, and I always call her Dan for short. My name is Eric and so she calls me "Er" or "air". I tried air on Age of Conan when it first came out on early release, but they don't allow three letters so I made up aeyr.

Then my friends keep saying "PUT YO HANDS IN THE AEYR, AE-, AEYR, AEYR" >< annoying song lol.
tacos
Ranga
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5 Posts
July 11 2011 03:24 GMT
#2104
I'm a redhead, and this cute girl I liked started calling me Ranga because she said it was slang for redhead. We ended up becoming really good friends and whilst trying to think of a moniker in the shower better than "ginger" (what most people called me), it came to mind. So here I am : )
foreverabronze : )
Tweeto
Profile Joined March 2011
United States62 Posts
July 11 2011 03:25 GMT
#2105
Tweeto, my name is Tito and when twitter first came out(which I do not use anymore for obvious reasons) a couple of buddies and I were drinking and tweeting and my friend said "Tito tweets so much I am going to call him Tweeto" and when I started playing Starcraft I wanted to have something original so I picked it.
Keldrath
Profile Joined July 2010
United States449 Posts
July 11 2011 03:25 GMT
#2106
well i chose keldrath for here as its been my gamer alias for the past 10 years or so originally it was just something i named my dark elf necromancer in Everquest, mainly because i liked names that start with K and it just sounded right for a dark elf so ive stuck with it for a long time its a name i like. but in SC2 i decided to name change to Entropy because i wanted a cool word kind of like a lot of the progamers had like Flash, Ir0n, Bisu, Boxer, etc so i chose that word, it has a cool meaning and i got the idea of that word from one of Hear'Dalis's swords in baldurs gate 2 which was my first RPG game and something very near and dear to my heart. he was a chatoic neutral tiefling bard that weilded two swords, Entropy and Chaos.
If you want peace... prepare for war.
MaestrO_
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States591 Posts
July 11 2011 03:27 GMT
#2107
Might as well make this my first post

I'm a musician through and through, currently attending college for Music Engineering, and have been playing instruments since i was 5. Guitar, Piano, and Drums are my instruments of choice, nothing overly unique there, but its what i love doing. So naturally i chose the name Maestro, added some stylizing on the O, and an _ and theres my name
MapleSparKz
Profile Joined January 2011
United States61 Posts
July 11 2011 03:27 GMT
#2108
My handle was originally CanadienBandit1. I had a clan of Canadiens and everything. When we disbanded I wanted to keep the canadien vibe and just played around with words till I got MapleSparKz. I just get such a cool image in my head when I think about it ^_^
Liquid NonY, why don't you win every game!?
ShynZ
Profile Joined September 2010
331 Posts
July 11 2011 03:39 GMT
#2109
In the beginning, i thought the word shinobi is really good. so then i started to mess around with it. as a result, it become shynz ;D
Beatrenger
Profile Joined November 2010
Mexico22 Posts
July 11 2011 03:45 GMT
#2110
Well, it all started in 2006 or 2007 when i decided to start playing world of warcraft.! I used to be a warcraft 3 player but i cant remember what ID name i chose.. probably my name or something like that. Anyway i tried using my name as my character for world of warcraft but it didnt work sooo i used randomizer. As i kept looking for a cool name for my character beat.... something came out. So i deleted that something that came out and added beatrenger! like the power rengers which imo are awesome! and been using it ever since

I also use celtico thats for off characters or accounts and it came out cuz i really like the celtic history i find them aweseome!
I like warcraft... er* starcraft!*
Limelights
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States219 Posts
July 11 2011 03:52 GMT
#2111
I got my TL name from the private mercenary group in the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory single-player. Displace just sounded very cool and original. The 77 was the number of my favorite athlete of all time: Ray Bourque.

Bladgrim
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada179 Posts
July 11 2011 03:58 GMT
#2112
I used to play Lord of the Rings Online. I had a Hobbit Hunter by the name of Bandocome. This was a direct result of the naming guidelines, so others eventually came up with that name, as well (though, I was the first). Because of this, I wanted to create a new name.

I wanted it to sound somewhat Hobbit-like, but still be original. For the suffix, "-grim," that was taken from the name of Isengrim Took. For the prefix, I wanted something completely unique, though. I knew "B" was a common letter for Hobbit names, plus my old name started with one. Hobbit names also tend to be simple, 2 syllable words (though, not always). The first thought that came to my mind was "Blad-," thus coming out with "Bladgrim"

It stuck. Do you think it sounds somewhat Hobbit-like?

Also, don't pronounce it "Blade - grim." I don't know why, but some people do. It's not pronounced like that, so don't.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.
OlarSC
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4 Posts
July 11 2011 03:59 GMT
#2113
My name comes my lost viking brother Olaf. It was taken when I first started playing World of Warcraft so I kept changing the letters around till I found something that looked good but sounded good too. I was like 11 when I started World of Warcraft. Btw Olad Sounds really silly Tired it for awhile guild made me change it...
Gosu Fighting!!!
SomeONEx
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden641 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 04:01:54
July 11 2011 04:01 GMT
#2114
I originally wanted "Who" as a tag, but it was taken, so I figured "Someone" was okey, and adding "one" with capitals just makes me seem alot better I think.
Now, the reason for "Who" is that, I thought like this: When I win a tournament the casters will go like: "WHO HAS JUST WON THE TOURNAMENT ZOMG!!!!" and everyone not knowing who the hell I am would be like wtf? But now it's more like "And now we see SomeONE's probe making his way into the terran base" (Day9-voice) and people will still be like wtf?

For the lulz : )))))
BW hwaiting!
theWalrusSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States78 Posts
July 11 2011 04:08 GMT
#2115
I've been a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan since 1993...they drafted Josh Freeman out of Kansas State in the Spring of 2009 to be their franchise quarterback.

The Fall of 2010 was his first full season as a starting quarterback, and the Fall of 2010 was when I started playing StarCraft II. I'm confident he will be a Pro Bowl quarterback for years to come, and I want my SC2 success to emulate and be analogous to his success in the NFL. :D

GO BUCS!
DuSt Gaming http://www.teamdust.net/
MikeG
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada128 Posts
July 11 2011 04:09 GMT
#2116
I'm MCGRAW on battle.net
It's actually Dr.Phils last name, but also a war cry.

Dr Phiiiiiiiiiiiiiil MCGRAW!!!!
I believe you have my stapler.
drryworrx
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States76 Posts
July 11 2011 04:14 GMT
#2117
My cousins name for Counter-Strike when he played with H3X and what not was wettworrx. He chose the name wettworrx because of the Russian Wet Works.

He was always smooth and fluid with everything he did. Every action he took in game had a purpose and he executed it smoothly and just how it was supposed to during his matches.

I named myself Drryworrx because I am the exact opposite. Nothing I do is smooth or fluid or planned.
*Huk talking to idra* "Idra...how does he do it? What drives him?" *Idra looks at huk* "Some men can't be bought, bargained or reasoned with, huk. Some men just want to watch the world learn." *They both turn to look at day[9]*
iakonalol
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom11 Posts
July 11 2011 04:16 GMT
#2118
Originally meant healer in hawaiian. That was the role i played on WoW, the name just stuck. Unfortunately Team-Liquid already had an Iakona, so adding Lol was pretty standard.
Magniris
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada41 Posts
July 11 2011 04:18 GMT
#2119
Originally went by Magnus in BW, a name I got from Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber. Chose that because I enjoyed the game so much and he was a very pivotal character for me. For the other half I used to play Starkingdoms, and went as Enchilada Castle for quite a while, and was quite good at the game. So one round I was late to sign up and someone had taken that name and tried to pose as me, so I chose Osiris as my 2nd, 'rebirth' name. As time went on I stopped playing both, and when Halo 2 came out both had been taken as Xbox Live tags, so I decided to merge them into Magniris and I haven't looked back since. It's been my only tag for 7 years now.
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
July 11 2011 04:22 GMT
#2120
On July 11 2011 12:23 aeyr wrote:
My sister's name is Danielle, and I always call her Dan for short. My name is Eric and so she calls me "Er" or "air". I tried air on Age of Conan when it first came out on early release, but they don't allow three letters so I made up aeyr.

Then my friends keep saying "PUT YO HANDS IN THE AEYR, AE-, AEYR, AEYR" >< annoying song lol.


Hey, that's the same story as me, only it was a teacher in high school and I imagined it as Aar, haha (being Aaron)
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 3137
Hyuk 276
Horang2 153
Shinee 80
Hyun 67
Hm[arnc] 59
Killer 53
ggaemo 53
sorry 45
Snow 44
[ Show more ]
Bale 33
ZergMaN 28
Bonyth 19
JYJ 15
League of Legends
JimRising 587
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g8705
ArmadaUGS77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick766
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2349
League of Legends
• Lourlo1523
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 27m
INu's Battles
3h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 27m
Replay Cast
14h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.