• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8298 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 91

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 370 Next
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
December 18 2011 05:52 GMT
#1801
well you could always just edit those files to something of your liking o.o
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 06:08:55
December 18 2011 06:08 GMT
#1802
On December 18 2011 14:52 wooozy wrote:
well you could always just edit those files to something of your liking o.o

It's funny, right in the middle of my finals I decided on impulse I wanted to make my own skin. But then I realized I was being dumb and went back to studying.

Now that I'm done my finals I might look into it again, brush up on my old photoshop skillz and such. Although if I'm lazy I might just mix and match from a variety of skins, lol.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 18:42:39
December 18 2011 18:42 GMT
#1803
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before, but i cant look through 90 pages:

I recently got a mechanical keyboard (brown switches) and have been trying to switch over to keyboard for Osu instead of spam clicking everything, but it seems that i have a small issue hitting the right timings, and also have massive problems with mouse accuracy on maps that i used to clear with ease, because i need to have some focus on my keyboard finger/s and when to press keys.

Is this normal etc, and how should i go about practicing so i can actuly use my keyboard with the game?

I usually play maps on max difficulty.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 18:53:48
December 18 2011 18:53 GMT
#1804
On December 19 2011 03:42 Cyro wrote:
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before, but i cant look through 90 pages:

I recently got a mechanical keyboard (brown switches) and have been trying to switch over to keyboard for Osu instead of spam clicking everything, but it seems that i have a small issue hitting the right timings, and also have massive problems with mouse accuracy on maps that i used to clear with ease, because i need to have some focus on my keyboard finger/s and when to press keys.

Is this normal etc, and how should i go about practicing so i can actuly use my keyboard with the game?

I usually play maps on max difficulty.

I think it's only about habit. You always played with the mouse, so you simply need a lot of practice to change your habit of play.
Keyboard/mouse is good when you mastered it because one hand can focus on timing and the other can focus on the aim. Not all in the same hand.
I have a mecanical keyboard with brown switches too and when you will be ok with keyboard/mouse it's really pleasant and efficient .
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 18 2011 19:00 GMT
#1805
Ok, thanks for the reply.


I think black switches might be better for osu, but my choice was based more on sc2 and general typing, i think after a while i will be able to float and tap 3-6 times in a very short amount of time with these (as is needed often) as i can already hit combos much easier than i could with mouse clicks
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
December 18 2011 19:06 GMT
#1806
I switched form Mouse to ZX/Mouse pretty early on in playing because I found it immediately easier to hit the timings. Splitting the work between both arms actually helps more than you'd think, because (very generally speaking) each side of the brain more or less controls the limbs on the opposite side (way oversimplifying things here), so this basically makes it so that you split the timing and mouse control up. Hell, Ive tried to play mouse only a few times recently and found that both my timing and my mouse control suffered greatly when I did. I found that I was suddenly unable to accurately control the mouse because I had to think about clicking with the same hand at the same time as moving the mouse.
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
December 18 2011 19:28 GMT
#1807
I wonder, do you move only with the mouse and click with z/x? So far, I left-click the mouse and hit a key on the KB when there are streams and stacks.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
December 18 2011 19:54 GMT
#1808
Yes, I use the mouse only for movement, and z/x for clicking. I'd disable the mouse buttons entirely, but that also disables the buttons on the side, and I like being able to hit one of the extra buttons to get to the pause screen, it's really fast and convenient.

Part of the reason I made the switch so easily is that I've played quite a few other music games on the computer, so pressing buttons to music is not new to me, but moving the mouse is, so it didn't take me long at all to pick up using the keyboard.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 18 2011 19:55 GMT
#1809
I cant only click for some, confuses the crap out of me and i miss half of the notes
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
December 18 2011 20:03 GMT
#1810
It's hard for me to click with only the keyboard because I started with mouse only at the beginning. I didn't know that you could use the KB back then. When I try to play with KB, I can't seem to click at the right time. I'm using some cheap KB so that probably explains why.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
December 18 2011 20:15 GMT
#1811
Well, I'm on a laptop with infuriating scissor switches. It's just a matter of getting a feeling for how you have to lead things to hit at the right time. You always need to begin moving your finger before it's actually time to hit the note with a keyboard (you still do a bit with a mouse, bit the travel distance is a lot smaller, so the lead time is also a lot smaller), and every keyboard is different (although mechanical ones generally are more similar to each other since the switches are more standard... 1 mechanical keyboard with MX Browns will probably feel pretty close to another with Browns, despite different manufacturers).

It sounds to me like you haven't gotten a feel for the amount of time you need to lead things on that keyboard yet. Just keep trying, and you should begin to notice some improvement in your accuracy.

It kinda annoys me that I use my left hand fr the ZX, lol, my right hand is far better for that sort of thing, but I definitely couldn't use my left hand for the mouse, so I'm stuck like this.

(Just as background info since you haven't read my previous posts, I've played stepmania for about 6-7 years, dabbled in DJMax, played a fair bit of O2Jam and some Beatmania IIDX (which is the sole reason I have a fliptop modded PS2 and a swapdisk))
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
December 18 2011 20:21 GMT
#1812
Using a keyboard without thinking just takes time, just like a mouse only switch from keyboard would take time. I never really liked mouse only because clicking would cause me to move my mouse a bit, and once you get past 4 stars moving a bit is really bad.
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
December 18 2011 21:05 GMT
#1813
Actually, I read a bit with the posts you have made in the previous pages. Quite helpful I guess. I rebound z/x to s/d because it's easier for me. Now that I think about it, I should rebind pause as well. Thanks for the tips.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 19 2011 00:48 GMT
#1814
hitting the notes wasnt that big of a problem, but i was literally missing notes by like 200 pixels and still do often, when i used to S the song
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 19 2011 00:49 GMT
#1815
On December 19 2011 06:05 Rizare wrote:
Actually, I read a bit with the posts you have made in the previous pages. Quite helpful I guess. I rebound z/x to s/d because it's easier for me. Now that I think about it, I should rebind pause as well. Thanks for the tips.


I did the same I have no handrest on my keyboard (as is probably better) and hitting zx is impossible without my hand floating in mid air, whereas with sd i can lean against part of the keyboard a little bit and get a re-usable posture
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
December 19 2011 03:12 GMT
#1816
When I switched to z/x from mouse click, I had a lot of trouble with timing on jumps, after a bit of practice though, I get a much higher accuracy then when I was mouse. I also recommend disabling mouse clicks in osu settings, and getting a tablet, they are awesome.

I also use browns, pretty sure blues/browns are by far the most popular for osu.

VelkanKnight
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States69 Posts
December 19 2011 04:13 GMT
#1817
[image loading]
I'm going to try to post more on this thread
Member of Konadora's "Loli is not a crime" Brigade! ^-^
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-19 04:28:57
December 19 2011 04:16 GMT
#1818
On December 19 2011 12:12 Xafnia wrote:
When I switched to z/x from mouse click, I had a lot of trouble with timing on jumps, after a bit of practice though, I get a much higher accuracy then when I was mouse. I also recommend disabling mouse clicks in osu settings, and getting a tablet, they are awesome.

I also use browns, pretty sure blues/browns are by far the most popular for osu.




After a few hours im already hitting chains much easier than i was with mouse, triple taps etc are very easy to execute on browns, i still need a ton of practice to get used to the keyboard though. I can see why it is good, wish i could try out black/red switches though instead of just blindly assuming these are better.

Do you alternate z/x?

I think i can tap a ton faster with brown switches by just using 1 button, as you can float just above/below key activation quite easily, i could try with a second key too but im still in the process of learning to actuly use and sync up a second hand when playing the game so im not sure right now
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-19 04:57:18
December 19 2011 04:48 GMT
#1819
I uploaded some tablet videos showing off my secret weapon I've been practicing for the past few months.

I alternate z/x for every note.

Mitani Nana - Cat Food
Shihori - Heisei Kappa Lords

Regarding accuracy after switching from mouse only to keyboard... I had really bad accuracy. I get like ~75% on every song which is pretty devastating considering that I could get ~98% with mouse clicks. It became easier as I played more, but some patterns are still hard to follow for me.

edit: Mechanical keyboards doesn't make a huge difference. But they feel nice

Also, i'm taking requests for what songs/maps to record next. Anyone interested? Try not to suggest anything too crazy lol
( ・´ー・`)
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
December 19 2011 06:10 GMT
#1820
Not the hardest map in the world but I felt pretty good getting this first play :D
[image loading]
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
NeuroSwarm 197
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8088
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE151
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 17m
Patches Events
11h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
OSC
19h 17m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.