• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:18
CEST 03:18
KST 10:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9294 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 89

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 370 Next
Zodiak
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada60 Posts
December 09 2011 03:09 GMT
#1761
How many people play this game?

Rank 250, or 10, 000 is how good really?
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 09 2011 03:12 GMT
#1762
Can anyone recommend me some good new maps? I've been playing the same ones over and over and just getting bored x.x''
<3 osu
@KawaiiRiceLighT
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 03:24:20
December 09 2011 03:23 GMT
#1763
On December 09 2011 08:14 MaDuShI wrote:
Hey everyone!

Just started playing with tablet and I'd like to ask if any of you had any advices to give concerning their own experience switching from mouse to tablet. And I'd also like to know what keyboards you are using and what are the best to play Osu!

Thanks!

I don't really have any advice other than, practice a lot... i use a mechanical keyboard with brown switches but i don't think it makes a huge difference tbh :l

also i just got this score... i can sooooo get first place if i don't get nervous near the end.

i got 4 100s in the last 10 seconds of the song
[image loading]

sorry for pushing you to rank16 megamanexe D:
( ・´ー・`)
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
December 09 2011 05:35 GMT
#1764
On December 09 2011 08:14 MaDuShI wrote:
Hey everyone!

Just started playing with tablet and I'd like to ask if any of you had any advices to give concerning their own experience switching from mouse to tablet. And I'd also like to know what keyboards you are using and what are the best to play Osu!

Thanks!


Just practice, tablet is like learning to play for the first time all over again except you can read harder maps now. Eventually it will become second nature if you practice enough I'm sure.

I use a terrible laptop keyboard with chiclet keys and I don't recommend it.

On December 09 2011 12:23 prototype. wrote:
sorry for pushing you to rank16 megamanexe D:


It's k I'll just FL it some day




yeah right
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 16:26:31
December 09 2011 15:30 GMT
#1765
On December 09 2011 12:09 Zodiak wrote:
How many people play this game?

Rank 250, or 10, 000 is how good really?


Rank doesn't really mean anything. The more songs you play, the higher your rank will be. If you play a lot of songs, but don't get good scores, you can be higher tank that someone who gets 100% DTs on a small collection of songs.

I've noticed there seems to be a few "Tiers" of players when it comes to music games (very rough generalization). There are the absolute top players (Cookeizi etc. etc. etc.), there are the players just below them (usually still a big gap in skill), and then there seems to be a pretty big gap between the good players, and the OK players, and then there seems to be another big gap between the OK players, and the people who never make it to the point of really mastering playing Hard/Insane maps.
MaDuShI
Profile Joined July 2011
France12 Posts
December 09 2011 17:25 GMT
#1766
So I'll practice my best ! Thanks!
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 09 2011 17:36 GMT
#1767
Oh man, haven't played osu in ages.. Maybe I should DL it again hahaha.

Kinda wanna make a new account and just start over xD
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-10 00:06:47
December 09 2011 21:55 GMT
#1768
My first #1

[image loading]
[image loading]

It got unranked, JOY
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
December 10 2011 01:08 GMT
#1769
On December 10 2011 06:55 Xafnia wrote:
My first #1
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]

It got unranked, JOY

I guess having breasts as the BG wasn't such a good idea :l
( ・´ー・`)
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
December 10 2011 02:57 GMT
#1770
On December 10 2011 00:30 Bobbias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 12:09 Zodiak wrote:
How many people play this game?

Rank 250, or 10, 000 is how good really?


Rank doesn't really mean anything. The more songs you play, the higher your rank will be. If you play a lot of songs, but don't get good scores, you can be higher tank that someone who gets 100% DTs on a small collection of songs.

I've noticed there seems to be a few "Tiers" of players when it comes to music games (very rough generalization). There are the absolute top players (Cookeizi etc. etc. etc.), there are the players just below them (usually still a big gap in skill), and then there seems to be a pretty big gap between the good players, and the OK players, and then there seems to be another big gap between the OK players, and the people who never make it to the point of really mastering playing Hard/Insane maps.



I'd say there are different levels of skill, but they are so fine that is is essentially a gradient. There is a huge gap between Cookiezi and everyone else, but then its a smooth transition. Every time I think I've gotten to the next level of play, I become good enough to realize that there are even more levels of skill between me and the best.

I think the best Generalizations is:

God (The 2 or 3 people we all know to be Gods)
Pro (1-1500)
Hardcore (400-5000)
Passionate (3000-15000)
Competitive (10,000-50,000)
Hobbyist(25,000-100,000)
Casual (50,000-250,000)
Beginner (150,000-x)

This is all complete guess work, but you get the idea. There are even finer levels of skill a well. As for where palyers actually end up? Probably concentrated hardcore, competitive, and casual.

Thoughts?


Skill level and rank really interests me. Really, I'm not sure when it becomes irrelevant. I have no doubt its useless once you get into 3 digits, but there I have yet to meet someone ranked 20k better than someone ranked 8k...
My theory is that its because of the nature of map sets.There is always a pretty large gap between the hardest map and the 2nd hardest, to points become greatly skewed there.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
December 10 2011 23:14 GMT
#1771
Yay. I FC something i have yet to FC on my mouseonly account.

[image loading]

On December 09 2011 12:12 KawaiiRice wrote:
Can anyone recommend me some good new maps? I've been playing the same ones over and over and just getting bored x.x''
<3 osu

Try playing maps made by Thite.
( ・´ー・`)
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
December 11 2011 01:21 GMT
#1772
[image loading]

Pretty easy map, but good accuracy for me in ~5trys ;D
Bruky
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic161 Posts
December 11 2011 01:41 GMT
#1773
The most difficult song i have passed so far, quite hard this map ;_;
[image loading]
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 03:08:07
December 11 2011 03:06 GMT
#1774
On December 11 2011 10:41 Bruky wrote:
The most difficult song i have passed so far, quite hard this map ;_;
[image loading]


That one took me a LOT of tries before I passed it. I still fail on occasion lol.

If you want another tough map like that try his map for this song: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/20362

It's tricky, but it's a lot of fun.
MaDuShI
Profile Joined July 2011
France12 Posts
December 11 2011 21:01 GMT
#1775
Crazy map ...
Scored it with mouse, now trying with tablet. It will take long ...

[image loading]
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
December 12 2011 06:35 GMT
#1776
Got these hidden SS recently.

[image loading]
[image loading]
( ・´ー・`)
Yoshh
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada78 Posts
December 13 2011 01:18 GMT
#1777
Finally, I've been trying to FC this for a long time @_@

[image loading]
kunstderfugue
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico375 Posts
December 13 2011 03:29 GMT
#1778
Note to self: Playing more than 25 minutes of osu at high difficulties, close to the screen, not moving my eyes and using my peripheral vision to locate the notes gives me a terrible headache...
Old lamps for new!
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 11:16:48
December 13 2011 06:13 GMT
#1779
+ Show Spoiler [some scores] +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


Got all of these recently. I'm finally starting to get some decent accuracy on some stuff.

Still being plagued by random framerate issues :/ Looks like Peppy needs to clean up some of his code... I've got something like less than 4k maps.... If Stepmania (which has a terrible codebase, BTW) is any indication of how programs should be able to handle files of this sort of number, peppy needs to clean some stuff up... I had something like 5k songs (not difficulties, but individual song folders with artwork, music and the stepfiles) and it ran fine... On a much worse laptop...

EDIT: Fucking FINALLY. I've been trying for months to get the FC on this. I've got a bunch of 1-3 miss runs on it.

[image loading]

EDIT2: OK what the fuck happened here. I can't even read the normal Insane map for this because of it's AR being JUST slow enough to fuck with my sense of timing and ability to read the map. I played through AR9 once and got about 288 combo, a few misses, nothing insane, but a decent run for me. On a whim before I went to bed tonight I figured I'd play a bunch of Val maps nofail, and then played this:
[image loading]

When I got a combo break near the beginning I felt like I was just going to keep getting random breaks and misses, because a lot of the time that's exactly what happens... Not this time. Somehow I managed to focus really well, ignore my combo entirely, and I felt like I wasn't even doing all that well. Then I finished the song, and looked up and noticed my combo and basically shat bricks, lol. This is a perfect example of one of those moments where I really reach the state of flow, and suddenly I'm playing at a higher level than normal.
Kaldr
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia67 Posts
December 13 2011 14:29 GMT
#1780
Hey everyone been lurking this thread for awhile now and I just got this FC
[image loading]
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 50
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9131
JimRising 562
ViBE228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• Light_VIP 9
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1122
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 43m
Patches Events
13h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 43m
OSC
21h 43m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.