• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:23
CEST 13:23
KST 20:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10826 users

Blizzard bans Battle.net accounts again - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
November 12 2008 12:01 GMT
#21
Wow, writer22816, you're retarded -.-
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
closed
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vatican City State491 Posts
November 12 2008 12:20 GMT
#22
I just logged onto one of my accounts using d2loader - it still works and wasnt closed.
Im not sure if the loader can be still used or not - Im scared of running two instances of diablo now, just to test. Apart from the loader to self-mule/self-BO/enchant, I havent used any hacks (well, technically Im using a no-cd version of diablo, because in the past I lost the cds).
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
November 12 2008 13:54 GMT
#23
Some questions for those who got their account closed:
Did you use any other programs interfering with SC?
Did you use the same Acc in Diablo2?
Which plugins for Chaoslauncher did you use?

Zynastor posted a list of offsets which sc warden supposedly checks, but no bwl plugin I know of changes any of these offsets. So I don't know if/how you get banned for Chaoslauncher.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
November 12 2008 14:41 GMT
#24
I checked a few hackers I've encountered on europe and none were reset. Have anyone found out a sc acc that got reset at all?
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
unsoundlogic
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States391 Posts
November 12 2008 16:14 GMT
#25
Oh wow, my d2 cd key was disabled. I guess that's what I get for letting my friend borrow it....silly hacker.
aqui
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany1023 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 17:42:56
November 12 2008 17:29 GMT
#26
On November 12 2008 19:39 writer22816 wrote:
I dunno about starcraft bans but a lot of the "cheats" in Diablo II are really justified.

Not using a maphack is just simply moronic and insane because having a different map every game is just ridiculous. Maphack doesn't take away gameplay or make it unfair for users (to an extent), it just saves people a lot of time and, IMHO, is essential.

Then there's D2loader which was mentioned above, and dupes. Dupes, I feel, are an essential part of D2's economy. Instead of making everything really easy to get it actually makes everything POSSIBLE to get. The higher runes (Jah and Ber in particular) have like a one-millionth chance of dropping and are used in so many runewords. Only with dupes is it actually possible for a realistic number of people to get these runes and make Enigma, infinity, etc.

Of course you have to draw the line somewhere (tppk, auto-aim, that program that alters your breakpoints whose name i can't remember) but D2 is just so ridiculous in many ways.

/rant

I used to play it a lot but now I kind of hate it with a passion.

WTF?Cube your runes the way it should be.
btw, there is pattern how the "random" maps are created and you can be nearly as fast without mh as with it. i mean why do play D2 at all? mh+duping makes it beyond stupid.
sperY
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Serbia444 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 17:56:09
November 12 2008 17:54 GMT
#27
On November 12 2008 19:39 writer22816 wrote:
Only with dupes is it actually possible for a realistic number of people to get these runes and make Enigma, infinity, etc.

My little broher got owned by duped enigma. He never played D2 again...
He almost cryed, getting 3 high runes(?) and then getting fooled by dome dickhead.
Hopefully he was baned.
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
November 12 2008 18:02 GMT
#28
Oh god

I swear to god seeing people justify their fucking shitty hacks and lack of skill by saying "the game is too hard!!" makes me rage like no other.

Fuck you for ruining an online community. I used to play WHCL/EHCL with people from diabloii.net but eventually people just gave up and moved on because the hacks are so widespread. Even in our ruled-with-an-iron-fist private channel people used maphacks and auto-tp. From people who maphack to people who baalbot, you're all the same shit to me. -____-
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 12 2008 18:07 GMT
#29
hahaha


diabloii.net used to be my most visited site :D
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
November 12 2008 19:42 GMT
#30
On November 12 2008 19:39 writer22816 wrote:
I dunno about starcraft bans but a lot of the "cheats" in Diablo II are really justified.

Not using a maphack is just simply moronic and insane because having a different map every game is just ridiculous. Maphack doesn't take away gameplay or make it unfair for users (to an extent), it just saves people a lot of time and, IMHO, is essential.

Then there's D2loader which was mentioned above, and dupes. Dupes, I feel, are an essential part of D2's economy. Instead of making everything really easy to get it actually makes everything POSSIBLE to get. The higher runes (Jah and Ber in particular) have like a one-millionth chance of dropping and are used in so many runewords. Only with dupes is it actually possible for a realistic number of people to get these runes and make Enigma, infinity, etc.

Of course you have to draw the line somewhere (tppk, auto-aim, that program that alters your breakpoints whose name i can't remember) but D2 is just so ridiculous in many ways.

/rant

I used to play it a lot but now I kind of hate it with a passion.


I hope you are talking about D2 maphacks, not SC.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
Morzas
Profile Joined August 2005
United States387 Posts
November 12 2008 19:49 GMT
#31
On November 12 2008 10:56 pdk001 wrote:
It's too hard to play D2 without maphack


I agree, it's also too hard to play SC without MH for some people so I guess they should get off scot free!
What has four wheels and flies? Stephen Hawking on LSD!
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 20:00:28
November 12 2008 20:00 GMT
#32
Well not only did virtually noone get banned. Today I played a maphacker again. I guess they had to be on att some time when they sweeped or something. And it seems like a short sweep.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
white_box921
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United Kingdom967 Posts
November 12 2008 20:21 GMT
#33
Well, I got banned from using mules ages ago and I actually email them and they say it is not a legit way of playing. OK, some of them are really bad, like a whole account with char that only has rune to like staff opener (1.09 where you can open the hole of Act2 boss if you just use that char to create game.

I would say that even the game tester at blizzard won't be able to get their char to lvl 99 without MH and playing completely legit. Obviously they will have to play over the internet so they can experience spike and hardcore or it is just piss easy. I can understand if they ban autorun-bot or pickup script or chicken, as that is really cheating but MH? I saw post above saying that you can go through map as quick even without MH..... but the truth is, any tele-sor will tell you that it is completely idiotic to go without a MH, you will probably die before lvl95. Of course, you can always go in a group, but the chance of a spike and shit happens is still pretty fucking high.

and yea, just to point out further, any char rush is not legit according to blizzard.
PliX
Profile Joined May 2008
Netherlands72 Posts
November 12 2008 20:41 GMT
#34
Gosh those people saying you need maphack is like, I need MBS with brood war....

oh gosh, I just found the answer....

Ah well no ranting from me, but as it seems like, if the game is too difficult for you and you need some "legitimate" hack like maphack or dupehack or whatever, to make the game easy, why don't you go outside and play hide-and-go-FUCK yourself?
1. NTT - Best Brood War player in the history of the game. Also totally awesome and super sweet. Some ego problems.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 12 2008 20:44 GMT
#35
Go learn to play the game without the hacking. you'de be surprised by how much harder it make the game (at least for sc).


D2 just didn't draw me in the same way, so i don't know how hard/easy the game is without/with hacks.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
November 12 2008 20:55 GMT
#36
I have never used a maphack, I guess you just suck writer22816. If you hack you certainly deserve to get banned, plenty of warning.
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 21:17:08
November 12 2008 21:16 GMT
#37
Oh wow people can read my mind!
^-^
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 21:21:47
November 12 2008 21:19 GMT
#38
On November 13 2008 05:44 waterGHOSTCLAWdragon wrote:
Go learn to play the game without the hacking. you'de be surprised by how much harder it make the game (at least for sc).


D2 just didn't draw me in the same way, so i don't know how hard/easy the game is without/with hacks.


D2 isn't even a hard game, all of the shit that people are going gaga for are just fluff and all it does just saves time.

On November 13 2008 02:29 aqui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2008 19:39 writer22816 wrote:
I dunno about starcraft bans but a lot of the "cheats" in Diablo II are really justified.

Not using a maphack is just simply moronic and insane because having a different map every game is just ridiculous. Maphack doesn't take away gameplay or make it unfair for users (to an extent), it just saves people a lot of time and, IMHO, is essential.

Then there's D2loader which was mentioned above, and dupes. Dupes, I feel, are an essential part of D2's economy. Instead of making everything really easy to get it actually makes everything POSSIBLE to get. The higher runes (Jah and Ber in particular) have like a one-millionth chance of dropping and are used in so many runewords. Only with dupes is it actually possible for a realistic number of people to get these runes and make Enigma, infinity, etc.

Of course you have to draw the line somewhere (tppk, auto-aim, that program that alters your breakpoints whose name i can't remember) but D2 is just so ridiculous in many ways.

/rant

I used to play it a lot but now I kind of hate it with a passion.

WTF?Cube your runes the way it should be.
btw, there is pattern how the "random" maps are created and you can be nearly as fast without mh as with it. i mean why do play D2 at all? mh+duping makes it beyond stupid.


Agreed, however these random maps aren't really random. It's just randomly picked from a pool of about 10-15 level maps. I farmed Meph and Andy enough to realize this
^-^
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
November 12 2008 21:51 GMT
#39
Certain levels, like endboss stages (Catacombs Lv4, Durance of Hate Lv3, Tal Rasha's Chamber, Chaos Sanctuary, Worldstone Chamber) among others, are not random. Others use a randomized segmenting technology called DRLG (dynamic random level generation, created by Dave Brevik) which constructs levels by linking prefabricated pieces together. As you become more and more familiar with the game, you start to recognize the size and dimensions of each individual piece. For example, one piece may have a path that snakes like an S, one may have two rivers meeting each other forming a peninsula, and one may have two bridges across from one another. If you're familiar with the various pieces then it makes it a lot easier to navigate through certain levels, particularly large ones like Durance Lv2, because you start to recognize which pieces are always dead-ends. I had a lot of fun discussing DRLG with some of the Flagship team back when I was working with them on Hellgate (where they incorporate the same technology but in three dimensions).

Now, if you believe that maphack is a mandatory tool, you're a fool. It's a convenience, and players would be wise to not confuse the two. It simplifies the game by removing the thrill of exploration, and it is certainly possible to level to 99 without it (I have).
Moderator
white_box921
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United Kingdom967 Posts
November 12 2008 21:55 GMT
#40
the thing is that you have gotten to 99 doesn't mean shit, unless you solo the whole game or can prove that other people that played with you also didn't use any.

But still, a lot of respect if you have done. I certainly would never spend so much time to reach 99, consider the amount of money I can make at 90 (I think I sold mine at max nearly $200)
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1849
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo540
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 37m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 37m
Replay Cast
11h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 37m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 37m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.