• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:17
CEST 12:17
KST 19:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9114 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 39

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 248 Next
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
September 01 2011 16:14 GMT
#761
Not sure how I feel about this game. It looks ok.. but the PvP looks terrible.
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
September 01 2011 16:25 GMT
#762
PvP is a zerg fest for the most part. The only cool thing (which I don't know if this is just beta or will make it into release) is that as a lower level character, you can still join a pvp match with characters of all levels and be effective.

I'm enjoying the game, but I can't tell you how many times I've tried to auto save my game thinking im playing a single player rpg. Most of the time I don't even keep the chat open, so aside from the players I see running around and using the AH, it's a single player game. Group instances and quest can generally be soloed after you're a few levels higher, so aside from the end game content you should be able to play the entire game single player, something I'm not opposed to at all
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
nougdp
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany144 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 16:57:30
September 03 2011 16:45 GMT
#763
I have alot of fun with the PvP, but be even better if the beta wasn't as buggy/laggy as it is right now. Too bad my BH is stuck in the Tatooine Loading-Screen :/
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 17:47:26
September 03 2011 16:58 GMT
#764
I'm not so much pissed at the game, I'm pissed at the romance story arcs, encouraging SP play in an MMO, fusing mass effect and WoW into a SW game, and just how fucking silly it's being.

It has so much potential but I mean...Bioware isn't a good MMO company. If WoW is your style of game, you'll love this. But I for one want something different, and romance story arcs + dialogue + companions is not what I was looking for.

www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/04/29/star-wars-the-old-republic-preview/1
www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/04/29/star-wars-the-old-republic-preview/2

blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 03 2011 19:47 GMT
#765
On September 04 2011 01:58 Candadar wrote:
I'm not so much pissed at the game, I'm pissed at the romance story arcs, encouraging SP play in an MMO, fusing mass effect and WoW into a SW game, and just how fucking silly it's being.

It has so much potential but I mean...Bioware isn't a good MMO company. If WoW is your style of game, you'll love this. But I for one want something different, and romance story arcs + dialogue + companions is not what I was looking for.

www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/04/29/star-wars-the-old-republic-preview/1
www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/04/29/star-wars-the-old-republic-preview/2



Well I could have told you when this game was announced that you wouldn't like it then. They have pretty much said from day 1 this is an mmo focused on single player with pvp and stuff but singleplayer was going to be a big role.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 21:33:03
September 03 2011 21:32 GMT
#766
On September 04 2011 04:47 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 01:58 Candadar wrote:
I'm not so much pissed at the game, I'm pissed at the romance story arcs, encouraging SP play in an MMO, fusing mass effect and WoW into a SW game, and just how fucking silly it's being.

It has so much potential but I mean...Bioware isn't a good MMO company. If WoW is your style of game, you'll love this. But I for one want something different, and romance story arcs + dialogue + companions is not what I was looking for.

www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/04/29/star-wars-the-old-republic-preview/1
www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/04/29/star-wars-the-old-republic-preview/2



Well I could have told you when this game was announced that you wouldn't like it then. They have pretty much said from day 1 this is an mmo focused on single player with pvp and stuff but singleplayer was going to be a big role.


Well it has a lot to do with how they just outright contradict themselves.

"Group of guys vs 1 boss isn't epic or fun!", then introduced WoWraids into TOR

That and Rail Shooting sections in space. Rail Shooting sections. Rail. Shooting. Space. Sections.

But I'm still going to get a trial account when it comes out, hopefully this BETA isn't a representative of the final product. Which it shouldn't be, granted.
Greenmansuit
Profile Joined January 2011
United States17 Posts
September 07 2011 16:17 GMT
#767
The rail shooting sections in space are mini games.
"everybody loves greenman"
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
September 10 2011 21:06 GMT
#768
Bumping for justice. I got to try it last night, still not impressed.
Maand
Profile Joined April 2010
326 Posts
September 10 2011 21:08 GMT
#769
If it wasn't for the franchise this game would go unnoticed.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
September 10 2011 22:12 GMT
#770
Whatever else is said about this game, the story is pretty amazing.

If you are the type of person who enjoys Mass Effect//Dragon Age games, I don't see how you wouldn't enjoy it for the story alone at least (even if you have no interest in the end-game)
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
September 10 2011 22:33 GMT
#771
I just wanna see more cinematics :D, in reality i much rather have had them make another star wars knights of the old republic III or what have it rather then an mmo.
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
September 11 2011 20:00 GMT
#772
Yeah it doesn't have an MMO feel, and the MMO parts of the game feel clunky
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
September 12 2011 06:39 GMT
#773
I just managed to do the white nova flashpoint yesterday before servers going down today.

Frigen epic!!!

The game gets better the further u get. There seems to be tons of content at the higher lvl spectrum of the game.

Every single review of the game i've read that were highly negative were from ppl that only played up to like lvl 10 or players that want SWG 2.

The game has some way to go (fleshing out mmo features) but the core is well done. Engaging storyline and questing.

There are things i'd still like to see but nothing that cant be patched in. Some of these may be in the new build. Only time will tell.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
buMf00d
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands194 Posts
September 12 2011 09:59 GMT
#774
Eagerly anticipating this game. Ever since I quit WoW I've been looking for something fresh to start out with, this one looks very promising.

Pre-ordered the collector's edition this weekend
Beef Noodles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States937 Posts
September 12 2011 11:57 GMT
#775
I can't believe more people aren't happy with this game. From all the newer videos and stuff on Darthhater and Torwars, this game looks awesome. I'm definitely pre-ordering and hoping some TL'ers stick together
PooLarX
Profile Joined February 2010
United States38 Posts
September 12 2011 12:30 GMT
#776
TL guild for SWTOR would be so sweet.

Have one for EVE why not SWTOR ;-D
.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
September 12 2011 14:58 GMT
#777
On September 12 2011 21:30 PooLarX wrote:
TL guild for SWTOR would be so sweet.

Have one for EVE why not SWTOR ;-D


There's no TL guild for EVE, it's a Corporation =p
Greenmansuit
Profile Joined January 2011
United States17 Posts
September 22 2011 22:45 GMT
#778
Anyone want to make an alliance with my guild? Phase 2 for guilds is up at Swtor.com
"everybody loves greenman"
wingweaver415
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States66 Posts
September 23 2011 13:53 GMT
#779
On September 12 2011 21:30 PooLarX wrote:
TL guild for SWTOR would be so sweet.

Have one for EVE why not SWTOR ;-D


Indeed we need to start one....
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Kamate
Profile Joined May 2010
Romania580 Posts
September 24 2011 09:58 GMT
#780

OH , my god!!!
Guys, enter on main page on IGN, and click on "Experience the trailer" on top of the page.

Holy mother of all Jedi and Sith!!!!
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM402
IndyStarCraft 49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 402
Lowko192
IndyStarCraft 49
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3652
Stork 2513
Horang2 412
Jaedong 385
Soulkey 380
Zeus 369
Larva 265
Mini 244
Soma 220
BeSt 155
[ Show more ]
sorry 81
Mind 72
ZerO 65
Hyun 57
Pusan 56
Sexy 53
Last 42
Shinee 32
soO 32
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Sacsri 10
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe311
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns37259
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy329
byalli232
Pyrionflax210
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV284
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3463
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 43m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.