• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:17
CEST 12:17
KST 19:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9073 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 38

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 248 Next
BeasTsHok
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland8 Posts
August 28 2011 01:50 GMT
#741
Here's an MMO guide i made, any feedback would be awesome!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=454585
Thorzain Fighting!
Sith Inquisitor
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany113 Posts
August 28 2011 13:57 GMT
#742
This game is soo good, can't stop playing it :o
♥ MVP_Keen ♥ oGs.MC ♥ LiquidTLO ♥ mouzThorZain ♥
Aflixion
Profile Joined August 2010
United States191 Posts
August 29 2011 04:36 GMT
#743
Beta weekends start next weekend!! Can't wait. Paraphrasing of today's SWTOR panel at PAX from Darth Hater:
We announced that we are expanding game testing weekends in September, and what do you know that's right around the corner. As of next weekend, the first weekend of September, we are greatly expanding the testing program and we're bringing in a whole new group of invitations to a random server, so make sure you guys are signed up for testing, and we'll continue to expand that as we go through-out September. So we're going to turn some knobs, poke some switches as we learn some stuff, and then do it all over again, and we'll continue to build and build testers and actually have you guys tell us how to create the biggest launch that we can. What I can say is that if you are signed up for testing, even if you don't get in next weekend, you should be getting in very soon.


Source: http://darthhater.com/2011/08/28/pax-prime-day-three-developer-presentation-live-blogs/

I signed up for testing as soon as they announced it but still haven't gotten in. If the bolded part's true, then I might just faint ^_^
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
August 29 2011 04:59 GMT
#744
Wonder how many people will get in by the end of the beta. Like the total number they'd like to have vs how many people submitted specs. I feel i was prob fairly late to the party in signing up so I don't expect to get in anytime soon but would be nice to get into it. I've never been involved in beta and am signed up for like 4 different games atm. Hoping i can get into one lol.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
August 29 2011 10:42 GMT
#745
Q: When do Beta Weekends start?
A: Friday, September 2nd. (Source: PAX BioWare Panel)

Q: EU as well?
A: Not likely, but as said, large wave of invites going out soon (to Game Testing, not just a weekend). (Source: Stephen Reid via Twitter)

Additional EU Testing information:

Last but not least. We will be adding a large wave of European Game Testers very soon, with Testing Weekends starting later.
Likelihood is yes, EU Testing Weekends on EU servers, but TBD. (Source: Stephen Reid, via Twitter). Thanks XarroKonijn for pointing these out.


Q: How long is a weekend?
A: FYI Testing weekends are just that, weekends, with time for download. (Source: Stephen Reid via Twitter)

Q: Will 'regular' Game testing still be going on/new invites sent?
A: There will be more 'normal' testing invites. (Source: Stephen Reid via Twitter)

Q: Is this "Open Beta" or still random?
A: Still random, need to be registered on the SWTOR site. (Source: PAX Bioware Panel.. I think)

Q: Is Canada eligible for this round of Weekends, or are they waiting like the EU?
A: Initial round of Sept. Weekends is for North America. (source: FITOrion's post below).
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
Sith Inquisitor
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany113 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 18:13:27
August 29 2011 18:13 GMT
#746
btw i'm from EU and was invited to the Beta. I just selected USA in my Profile. :p
♥ MVP_Keen ♥ oGs.MC ♥ LiquidTLO ♥ mouzThorZain ♥
Gonff
Profile Joined May 2010
United States686 Posts
August 30 2011 23:43 GMT
#747
Beta Weekend invites started going out about an hour ago!

I didn't get one, but many others did. From the forum thread, it looks like invites are restricted mostly to U.S. members, though there may be some Canadians. Europe/Australia seems to be out of luck but I'm not sure.

Be sure to check your spam/junk mail. There's no official confirmation yet or details as to whether the invites are still going out or not.

Here's some alleged proof that the invites are real, posted in the swtor.com forums.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 00:05:42
August 31 2011 00:03 GMT
#748
On August 28 2011 22:57 Sith Inquisitor wrote:
This game is soo good, can't stop playing it :o


I assume you like WoW then? heavy emphasis on questing and pve.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
August 31 2011 00:48 GMT
#749
On August 31 2011 08:43 thedirtyleg wrote:
Beta Weekend invites started going out about an hour ago!

I didn't get one, but many others did. From the forum thread, it looks like invites are restricted mostly to U.S. members, though there may be some Canadians. Europe/Australia seems to be out of luck but I'm not sure.

Be sure to check your spam/junk mail. There's no official confirmation yet or details as to whether the invites are still going out or not.

Here's some alleged proof that the invites are real, posted in the swtor.com forums.


This weekend is restricted to north america, europe weekends will start after, im assuming it will come at around the same time as the "big wave" of european invites come, when they get their european servers up and running.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
tests
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States160 Posts
August 31 2011 02:05 GMT
#750
Hey, how does the beta invite system work? Do you have to pre-order the game or just sign up on SWTOR'S website?
-thanks
Time is money my friend.
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
August 31 2011 02:58 GMT
#751
On August 31 2011 11:05 tests wrote:
Hey, how does the beta invite system work? Do you have to pre-order the game or just sign up on SWTOR'S website?
-thanks


Just sign up and fill out the extra info needed for testing, and you're good to go.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 31 2011 09:16 GMT
#752
Grr I hope I get in one of these weekends :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
Dbars
Profile Joined July 2011
United States273 Posts
August 31 2011 10:15 GMT
#753
I hope the trooper play style is fun, everything else is bleh to me. The other classes seem to be too much like melee classes from other MMOs.
Deltablazy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada580 Posts
August 31 2011 14:32 GMT
#754
I'm sad to say but I am losing my passion for this game. It feels too linear. It might be just me because I decided to switch over factions and having to redo all the leveling when you have a high level character on the other faction.

My MAIN problem is that I feel I am forced to fight way too often. Back in WoW, you complete a quest, jump on the main route and run to the NPC to complete your quest without worries. In SWTOR, there are SO MANY MOBS it's unbelievable. I have to fight my way through them to reach my quest destination, then I have to fight to complete my quest, then I have to fight back to the NPC to turn in my quest. And it's not just 1 mob, usually 3 or 4, which ends up being 1 minute per fight because I am a tank class. I can't even avoid the mobs because I'll aggro something and those mobs will draw the attention of something else and then I barely escape with my life.

Anybody feeling the same?
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
September 01 2011 02:39 GMT
#755
Im sure they'll change that soon. Think a dev mentioned their working on it.

Im having a blast with it so far! Dont really have the above issue cause I can stealth :p
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 02:45:17
September 01 2011 02:44 GMT
#756
On September 01 2011 11:39 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Im sure they'll change that soon. Think a dev mentioned their working on it.

Im having a blast with it so far! Dont really have the above issue cause I can stealth :p


I've been hearing "they're working on it " from every gripe I've had since my experience from beta and my extensive leaked gameplay footage early on and quite frankly I'm fucking tired of it.

Until I start seeing results I'm going to stay negative because all I see personally is another WoW with a Mass Effect backdrop to it. When all that does is create a single-player atmosphere in a game genre that is meant to be epic and expansive with thousands of players.

I genuinely hope this game is good and they pull their shit together.
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 08:16:00
September 01 2011 08:05 GMT
#757
Epic and expansive mmos with thousands of players are only achievable in sandboxes imo.

Thats usually due to design philosophies etc. Themeparks just arent going to deliver that epic feeling. Mainly because nothing is on the line. If there are no major consequences to player actions and it doesnt really matter who controls what and when. In the long run no one will care and get bored of just flipping control (of a territory for example).

Ah im starting to rant again. I'm enjoying Tor for what it is. My expectations were not and still arent as high as most. I still think they'll change things like mob density to appropriate lvls and various other things by launch.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Garaman
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States556 Posts
September 01 2011 13:30 GMT
#758
God, I'd love to play this game. I mean, there has been bad reviews about this game so far, but it is an MMO, I never expect too much out of it. All the ones I've played are a series of selecting and clicking buttons to grind away. At least this will be in the most BADASS environment/backdrop of all the MMO's out there in existence. It is STAR WARS for crying out loud, and during the BEST TIME PERIOD TOO!

Excited, ecstatic, I hope this comes out sooN~~ I hope I get beta access.
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
September 01 2011 14:10 GMT
#759
Pre-ordered it yesterday, very much looking forward to this. Don't mind so much if beta access doesn't come I have enough games to play as it is..
Their are four errors in this sentance.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
September 01 2011 14:20 GMT
#760
My best friend just got a job with Bioware. Turns out he'll probably be a GM for this. I hate him so much now -_-
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM402
IndyStarCraft 49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 402
Lowko192
IndyStarCraft 49
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3652
Stork 2513
Horang2 412
Jaedong 385
Soulkey 380
Zeus 369
Larva 265
Mini 244
Soma 220
BeSt 155
[ Show more ]
sorry 81
Mind 72
ZerO 65
Hyun 57
Pusan 56
Sexy 53
Last 42
Shinee 32
soO 32
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Sacsri 10
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe311
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns37259
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy329
byalli232
Pyrionflax210
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV284
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3463
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 43m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.