• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:51
CEST 09:51
KST 16:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9489 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 36

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 248 Next
LedFarmer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 17:24 GMT
#701
On August 18 2011 01:13 thedirtyleg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 00:56 LedFarmer wrote:
Just got my beta invite, but my internet at the moment (mi-fi card) won't let me download this game. Guess I have to wait till I go back to school :X

*Checks email*
Dude I'm so jelly. Maybe wake up early and go hang out in Starbucks all day so you can use their internet to download the game? Perhaps your mi-fi card will be enough for you to play it once it's downloaded.

I am just going to go over to a friends house, would be kinda hard to take my 70lb rig to starbucks
I don't read the script. The script reads me.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
August 17 2011 18:00 GMT
#702
im disappointed you'll be stuck with the same boring lightsabre for 10 years that you play

no moving up from a dagger to a rapier to a bastard sword to an enchanted two-handed 6-foot devastator

lightsabres are cool and all but i would prefer starting with a tiny one and progressing to maniac one. and having lightsabre battle axes and halberds, and a huge lightsabre shield for my tanking knight. it IS the old republic so who knows what crazy stuff they used back then
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Greenmansuit
Profile Joined January 2011
United States17 Posts
August 17 2011 21:52 GMT
#703
Hey I don't know if this is the proper place to post this or not, but I would really like to have fellow SC fans in a guild. My family and friends have started a guild. We will be playing on the dark side. The guild name is "Han's Cholos" Search Cholos if looking! We will most likely be playing on the u.s east servers on a PvE realm. We will hopefully raid at 50 and will have vent (and of course some light role playing ).

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. I don't want to seem like a spammer. Just would really like some fellow Liquidiers to join in this new mmo experience!
"everybody loves greenman"
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
August 17 2011 22:03 GMT
#704
On August 18 2011 03:00 FFGenerations wrote:
im disappointed you'll be stuck with the same boring lightsabre for 10 years that you play

no moving up from a dagger to a rapier to a bastard sword to an enchanted two-handed 6-foot devastator

lightsabres are cool and all but i would prefer starting with a tiny one and progressing to maniac one. and having lightsabre battle axes and halberds, and a huge lightsabre shield for my tanking knight. it IS the old republic so who knows what crazy stuff they used back then


We know exactly what kind of crazy stuff they used back then. There are tons of canon sources covering the eras before and after this. The only major changes to lightsaber technology in the 25,000 years before Episode IV was the removal of the need for battery packs (worn on the belt, with a power cord going from the pack to the hilt).

The only variation on 'light weapons' was a stupid 'lightwhip' that a Sith woman used, and that was a ridiculously stupid idea (and I'm glad her character was finally killed). Light doesn't work that way... it doesn't even work in the way lightsabers do, but that's far easier to 'believe' in the context than light bending into shapes as if a Green Lantern were manipulating it.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
August 18 2011 16:49 GMT
#705
I wonder how much SWTOR will appeal to the old SWG crowd. I hope it's complex, not just Star Wars version of WoW
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
August 18 2011 19:34 GMT
#706
On August 19 2011 01:49 hejakev wrote:
I wonder how much SWTOR will appeal to the old SWG crowd. I hope it's complex, not just Star Wars version of WoW


Sorry dude, but that's exactly what it is, down to every little detail and they're not even pretending that it isn't
taLbuk
Profile Joined April 2010
Madagascar1879 Posts
August 18 2011 19:37 GMT
#707
On August 19 2011 01:49 hejakev wrote:
I wonder how much SWTOR will appeal to the old SWG crowd. I hope it's complex, not just Star Wars version of WoW


I'm a huge SWG fan and played so much back in the day

I was so excited for TOR but after getting into the beta, if you had any fun with SWG, sorry, but this game isn't even close.

It's a wow clone almost button for button.

Obviously the combat has some glaring differences, but the fact is it will be fun to do a play through of a class or two, but won't hold interest passed a month or two.
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
August 18 2011 19:38 GMT
#708
On August 19 2011 04:34 hugman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 01:49 hejakev wrote:
I wonder how much SWTOR will appeal to the old SWG crowd. I hope it's complex, not just Star Wars version of WoW


Sorry dude, but that's exactly what it is, down to every little detail and they're not even pretending that it isn't

With better questiong from what I understand.

PS: I doubt they will ever make something like SWG, considering how it um, died.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
AHPLAYGU
Profile Joined August 2011
2 Posts
August 18 2011 19:43 GMT
#709
Honestly, the cinematic effects make this game look amazing, but the game play is lacking when comparing graphics with that of the original KOTOR. But when just comparing sole gameplay, it looks pretty darn sick.
"MARINES??? Standard."
omgbambi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Sweden54 Posts
August 18 2011 19:45 GMT
#710
I'm gonna play it. Who else? Make a list? :D
Meh meh?
JMSLEX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States43 Posts
August 18 2011 19:48 GMT
#711
Oh no , i played SWG for about 6 years on and off , enjoyed every second of it .

Was kinda hoping this would live up to all the hype and videos :'[

Today is a sad day indeed.
Greenmansuit
Profile Joined January 2011
United States17 Posts
August 18 2011 20:45 GMT
#712
Bioware is doing a great job. They are doing awesome updates with the game and beta. I really think they are going to release an amazing game. Do people forget about the fully voiced part... That is what they are trying to implement. It is awesome. It will be a different mmo with some wow aspects. That isn't a bad thing considering the success of WOW.
"everybody loves greenman"
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 22:56:33
August 18 2011 22:53 GMT
#713


From Totalbiscuit with one of the developers (I believe) playing through the sith warrior opening story. it is quiet a good video to see if you enjoy it. This personally completely sold me on this.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
August 18 2011 23:13 GMT
#714
On August 19 2011 04:38 TheRavensName wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 04:34 hugman wrote:
On August 19 2011 01:49 hejakev wrote:
I wonder how much SWTOR will appeal to the old SWG crowd. I hope it's complex, not just Star Wars version of WoW


Sorry dude, but that's exactly what it is, down to every little detail and they're not even pretending that it isn't

With better questiong from what I understand.

PS: I doubt they will ever make something like SWG, considering how it um, died.


They killed it by trying to make it into WoW. They implemented a "combat upgrade" that made the combat less like a Jet Li movie and more like WoW's hit-and-wait style. In the following 2 months, they lost over 60% of their subscribers.

I don't think it's too optimistic to think they'd learn from their mistakes.
FT.aCt)Sony
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1049 Posts
August 18 2011 23:16 GMT
#715
So we should start a Teamliquid guild. Get everyones opinion on whether we should go with the Empire or Republic and be based on PvP or Pve based server.

Anyone interested?
Arthemesia
Profile Joined May 2011
United States292 Posts
August 18 2011 23:33 GMT
#716
I'm so sad I've singed up during the first week they were accepting invites and still havent gotten a key.
FT.aCt)Sony
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1049 Posts
August 19 2011 00:06 GMT
#717
On August 19 2011 08:33 Arthemesia wrote:
I'm so sad I've singed up during the first week they were accepting invites and still havent gotten a key.


If you ordered through Origin, The "Digital Rights" key code is what you use. You receive it when you get email that states:

Thank you for ordering from Origin Store on <date>. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for EA * Origin.com on your credit card billing statement.
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
August 19 2011 01:05 GMT
#718
I think he means he opted into the beta way back in 2009 (or was it 2008?) and still hasn't gotten an invite.
omgbambi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Sweden54 Posts
August 19 2011 09:56 GMT
#719
im going to start an EU guild on launch, PvP server Empire side, any takers?
Meh meh?
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
August 20 2011 11:36 GMT
#720
Okay.

Just found out that at launch, Australians will not be able to buy the game.

Angry.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3569
Soma 204
Rush 193
Mong 92
Killer 89
ToSsGirL 85
Shinee 0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss271
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft591
ceh9566
olofmeister519
Happy332
dupreeh234
Sick181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.