• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:15
CEST 22:15
KST 05:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20268Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8866 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 161

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 159 160 161 162 163 248 Next
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-27 18:14:18
December 27 2011 18:11 GMT
#3201
On December 28 2011 03:07 Assault_1 wrote:
does anyone else feel this way?
http://www.gamespot.com/world-of-warcraft/forum/after-playing-swtor-from-1-20-i-only-have-one-thing-to-saywelp-goodbye-61472227

no
I really love how I bought the Digital deluxe edition with Early Access. I never received early access to the game, and my game code that was purchased is not valid and states it has already been used.

Already sent numerous tickets in, with attachments showing my game code + name and still no resolution. Waste of $80 that I cant even do anything with to have an impression on this game.

early access required your preorder code, which if you didn't keep you couldn't get in, it was a preorder perk, not a deluxe edition perk.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
December 27 2011 18:19 GMT
#3202
I can't decide. Should I get the game? Will it be a flop? Will I have fun playing it?
You guys are giving me a hard time deciding it.
Fyi I'm not an mmo guy, I tried wow, warhammer, lotro, l2 and a couple more and I didn't even make it once to a max leveled toon before I quit them. Do you think I will enjoy swtor?
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-27 18:21:28
December 27 2011 18:21 GMT
#3203
On December 28 2011 03:19 Steveling wrote:
I can't decide. Should I get the game? Will it be a flop? Will I have fun playing it?
You guys are giving me a hard time deciding it.
Fyi I'm not an mmo guy, I tried wow, warhammer, lotro, l2 and a couple more and I didn't even make it once to a max leveled toon before I quit them. Do you think I will enjoy swtor?

depends on why you quit. did you quit because it felt like too much of a grind or too monotonous, because there are times that ToR feels like that too, but not often for me.
and as has been pointed out there are alot of pvp issues
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
December 27 2011 18:25 GMT
#3204
Well yeah I can't stand grinding. I cringe my face whenever I get a ''kill x and bring me their crystals'' quest.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
December 27 2011 18:26 GMT
#3205
On December 28 2011 03:25 Steveling wrote:
Well yeah I can't stand grinding. I cringe my face whenever I get a ''kill x and bring me their crystals'' quest.

that happens, but the droprate on quest items is pretty high so you don't spend 4 hours trying to get that done, plus its generally not a high number that you have to collect.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
MaYuu
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Sweden516 Posts
December 27 2011 18:43 GMT
#3206
Wow fanboys is like cs 1.6 fanboys. Nothing will ever be as good as their game. If someone does a game with similar mechanics it's a bad copy, if someone makes a new innovative game it's a bad game cause it's not similar enough to their previous game.

Realize this is not WoW and will not ever be, deal with it. Don't like it? Don't play it.
ehh`?
Poyo
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada790 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-27 18:51:31
December 27 2011 18:51 GMT
#3207
I'm torn as to what character to level. I'm looking for a pure DPS/CC character for end game PVE and quite a bit of PVP along with it. I've leveled a Jedi Shadow to 16 and find myself attracted to other classes such as bounty hunters.

At this point in time I won't have the patience to level 2 characters, which would you choose for a pure dps role?
Poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo!
RumTalk
Profile Joined October 2010
Jamaica135 Posts
December 27 2011 18:58 GMT
#3208
I cant even buy the game digitally atm since I live in jamaica......
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
December 27 2011 19:14 GMT
#3209
@Poyo

Bounty Hunters are amazing DPS. They require more than just mindless facerolling and if you spend time to get good at the class you actually come out vastly ahead of those who just press buttons randomly. If you enjoy being in the fray, shooting flames out of your arms, and shuryouken-ing the shit out of people, Powertech is where it is at. Powertech gives you 2 dps trees, 1 focused on ranged DoT-style damage while the other focuses on in-your-face DPS. The third tree is a tank spec which has very strong AoE-Tanking capabilities. If you like healing, shooting missiles, and generally being cannon covered in battle armor, mercenary is the tree for you. It shares a similar dps tree with powertech, focusing on DoT's. The other dps tree has a huge potential for burst damage and is focused around laying down the law from afar. The healing tree is great, notably as a tank healer and it gives some very nice utility.

I haven't played any other story quests but the bounty hunter ones are awesome! I have been playing more just to see the progression in the story than to level. I absolutely love playing a bounty hunter because they aren't as cut-and-dry as the many "kill-em-all murder the children" sith. It gives you quite a bit of room to roleplay what you like. I mean, at the end of the day, the only reason my bounty hunter works for the empire is because they pay more.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
Poyo
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada790 Posts
December 27 2011 19:22 GMT
#3210
On December 28 2011 04:14 Hoban wrote:
@Poyo

Bounty Hunters are amazing DPS. They require more than just mindless facerolling and if you spend time to get good at the class you actually come out vastly ahead of those who just press buttons randomly. If you enjoy being in the fray, shooting flames out of your arms, and shuryouken-ing the shit out of people, Powertech is where it is at. Powertech gives you 2 dps trees, 1 focused on ranged DoT-style damage while the other focuses on in-your-face DPS. The third tree is a tank spec which has very strong AoE-Tanking capabilities. If you like healing, shooting missiles, and generally being cannon covered in battle armor, mercenary is the tree for you. It shares a similar dps tree with powertech, focusing on DoT's. The other dps tree has a huge potential for burst damage and is focused around laying down the law from afar. The healing tree is great, notably as a tank healer and it gives some very nice utility.

I haven't played any other story quests but the bounty hunter ones are awesome! I have been playing more just to see the progression in the story than to level. I absolutely love playing a bounty hunter because they aren't as cut-and-dry as the many "kill-em-all murder the children" sith. It gives you quite a bit of room to roleplay what you like. I mean, at the end of the day, the only reason my bounty hunter works for the empire is because they pay more.



Hey thanks for the write up, it sounds very promising. I'm not sure you played WoW but I'd be looking for a hunter style damage dealer, I assume the burst potential damage tree you mentioned, would work out for me.

When you say "in-youre-face DPS" I assume you mean melee range?
Poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo!
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
December 27 2011 19:51 GMT
#3211
Mercenary is definitely hunter-style dps where you sit back and pew-pew away. The main thing is that instead of managing focus, you manage heat. It is similar in that it is a renewable resource but building up too much heat really kills your dps so you want to stay as low as possible while still doing damage. Kind of like a hunter except the more focus you use the slower it regenerates. Powertech bounty hunters are basically melee in 2 of their trees. Most of their skills are melee range or short-range.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
December 27 2011 19:53 GMT
#3212
Quick question to anyone. Is there an Augment vendor or a tradeskill that makes augments?
"I am a leaf on the wind."
ParanoiaHoT
Profile Joined August 2010
United States103 Posts
December 27 2011 20:13 GMT
#3213
On December 28 2011 04:53 Hoban wrote:
Quick question to anyone. Is there an Augment vendor or a tradeskill that makes augments?


I know "Slicing" has augment quests to go with lockboxes.
ryanAnger
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States838 Posts
December 27 2011 20:18 GMT
#3214
On December 28 2011 04:22 Poyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 04:14 Hoban wrote:
@Poyo

Bounty Hunters are amazing DPS. They require more than just mindless facerolling and if you spend time to get good at the class you actually come out vastly ahead of those who just press buttons randomly. If you enjoy being in the fray, shooting flames out of your arms, and shuryouken-ing the shit out of people, Powertech is where it is at. Powertech gives you 2 dps trees, 1 focused on ranged DoT-style damage while the other focuses on in-your-face DPS. The third tree is a tank spec which has very strong AoE-Tanking capabilities. If you like healing, shooting missiles, and generally being cannon covered in battle armor, mercenary is the tree for you. It shares a similar dps tree with powertech, focusing on DoT's. The other dps tree has a huge potential for burst damage and is focused around laying down the law from afar. The healing tree is great, notably as a tank healer and it gives some very nice utility.

I haven't played any other story quests but the bounty hunter ones are awesome! I have been playing more just to see the progression in the story than to level. I absolutely love playing a bounty hunter because they aren't as cut-and-dry as the many "kill-em-all murder the children" sith. It gives you quite a bit of room to roleplay what you like. I mean, at the end of the day, the only reason my bounty hunter works for the empire is because they pay more.



Hey thanks for the write up, it sounds very promising. I'm not sure you played WoW but I'd be looking for a hunter style damage dealer, I assume the burst potential damage tree you mentioned, would work out for me.

When you say "in-youre-face DPS" I assume you mean melee range?


It's flamethrower range basically. So close, but not immediately in front. I actually think it's quite interesting.
On my way...
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-27 20:44:12
December 27 2011 20:43 GMT
#3215
On December 28 2011 03:19 Steveling wrote:
I can't decide. Should I get the game? Will it be a flop? Will I have fun playing it?
You guys are giving me a hard time deciding it.
Fyi I'm not an mmo guy, I tried wow, warhammer, lotro, l2 and a couple more and I didn't even make it once to a max leveled toon before I quit them. Do you think I will enjoy swtor?


I was a kid around 1980 when I saw Darth Vader first, in total awe.
I got that same feeling again when I played Kotor1 during certain story revelations in that game.
And now Swtor gives me a bit of these moments too from time to time. It is not perfect, but for me, as an old fossile starwars fan it beats any alternative, especially the crap George Lucas made with the prequels

I've played Eq1, wow, eq2, vanguard, warhammer, aion, rift and some more, as guildleader, raidleader, member, etc. Also Baldurs gate, planescape torment, neverwinter nights, dragonage, morrowind, skyrim
This is the first time in an mmo since SWG I'm really quite addicted again lol, might be because it's starwars, or Bioware, i dunno, but I'm having a blast.

Oh try to get 1 character to finish act1 before starting an alt, you get a legacy bar that will fill with exp from all your alts and will provide goodies in the future.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
December 27 2011 20:49 GMT
#3216
On December 28 2011 05:13 ParanoiaHoT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 04:53 Hoban wrote:
Quick question to anyone. Is there an Augment vendor or a tradeskill that makes augments?


I know "Slicing" has augment quests to go with lockboxes.


Thanks for the info! Didn't occur to me that Slicing was used for more than just money-making. Well, time to level up slicing.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
December 27 2011 20:53 GMT
#3217
My biggest complaint so far happens to be Bioware's customer service..... Because of the lack of a buyback/refund with one misclick i deleted 2400 warzone commendations I filed a ticket and waited several days, only to have their customer service close my ticket, delete it, without contacting me in person, or even sending me a message about it... like wtf is that. Shit I at least even got a GM response from blizzard 2 weeks ago when i filed a ticket calling their GMs a bunch of unprofessional douchebags, told them to fuck themselves, and said I would never resubscribe to their game.

All in all Bioware's customer service is just awful. My friend forgot an answer to one of his security questions and called the customer service hotline where the automated response goes something like this: Press 1 if you're having problems iwth billing information, Press 2 if you're having problems with xxxx, Press 3 if you're having problems with xxxx, And if you're having problems with your security questions please hang up and call again...........................REALLY CUZ IF U HANG UP AND CALL AGAIN YOU GET THE SAME DAMN MESSAGE TELLING YOU TO HANG UP AND CALL AGAIN.
Jieun <3
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
December 27 2011 21:06 GMT
#3218
Warzone commendations cap at 1000, how did you delete 2400 with one click?
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
December 27 2011 21:08 GMT
#3219
On December 28 2011 06:06 Neurosis wrote:
Warzone commendations cap at 1000, how did you delete 2400 with one click?


I had been converting all of my warzone commendations into mercenary commendations, i had 900 mercenary commendations(which started as 2700 warzone commnendations) i went to buy more Mercenary commendations, but clicked the wrong icon and instead spent all of my mercenary commendations on warzone commendations, ending with 300 warzone commendations. after conversion i ended up losing 2400 warzone commendations.
Jieun <3
Gonff
Profile Joined May 2010
United States686 Posts
December 27 2011 21:21 GMT
#3220
On December 28 2011 05:49 Hoban wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 05:13 ParanoiaHoT wrote:
On December 28 2011 04:53 Hoban wrote:
Quick question to anyone. Is there an Augment vendor or a tradeskill that makes augments?


I know "Slicing" has augment quests to go with lockboxes.


Thanks for the info! Didn't occur to me that Slicing was used for more than just money-making. Well, time to level up slicing.

Wait! I haven't been home to play since the most recent patch, but apparently slicing suffered a crippling nerf. You'll still make money from gathering slicing nodes, but according to posts on the swtor.com forums, slicing missions now yield much less of a profit if they don't lose money altogether. I haven't been able to verify the nerf myself, but I got slicing up to 200 before the patch and credits were flying in then.

You may want to do a bit of reading around to see if it is in fact worth switching to slicing if you'll only have augments and minimal credit gains (or even losses) to show for it.
Prev 1 159 160 161 162 163 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 611
ProTech144
Nina 78
JuggernautJason57
RuFF_SC2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23256
Calm 2599
Mini 153
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 101
soO 51
Bale 33
HiyA 25
PianO 14
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7467
XaKoH 288
monkeys_forever112
canceldota24
League of Legends
Doublelift2326
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1550
fl0m1287
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu790
Other Games
summit1g1967
FrodaN1772
Beastyqt606
B2W.Neo345
mouzStarbuck343
shahzam322
ToD202
Livibee180
C9.Mang0136
Trikslyr111
RotterdaM101
UpATreeSC91
Mew2King45
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1088
• Shiphtur737
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h
Replay Cast
2h 45m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.