• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9276 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 152

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 248 Next
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 25 2011 18:48 GMT
#3021
On December 25 2011 22:22 Bleak wrote:
I'm thinking of what class to create as I'm waiting for my delivery. I am thinking of a Jedi healer class, but honestly no idea what that means in TOR terms. So I kinda need help with that.

Also, does every Sith/Jedi have lightsaber as default? I don't wanna have a healer class that goes around all the time fighting using the Force, I still wanna use my saber from time to time.


Yes every jedi/sith get a lightsaber.

You are looking for the jedi sage (I think its called). Just pick the other non jedi knight . Or sith inquisitor.
When I think of something else, something will go here
ryanAnger
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States838 Posts
December 25 2011 18:50 GMT
#3022
On December 25 2011 22:22 Bleak wrote:
I'm thinking of what class to create as I'm waiting for my delivery. I am thinking of a Jedi healer class, but honestly no idea what that means in TOR terms. So I kinda need help with that.

Also, does every Sith/Jedi have lightsaber as default? I don't wanna have a healer class that goes around all the time fighting using the Force, I still wanna use my saber from time to time.


You get your lightsaber around lvl 9 or 10 and before that you just have a training blade. As far as Force Healers go, there is the Consular (for Republic) and the Sorcerer (for Empire) and each uses a sort of "mana" system (the Force, it's similar but there are differences).

One thing I like about this game compared to WoW is that you can pick a healing class or spec and still do quite well leveling quickly because you have a variety of offensive tools at your disposal and, of course, a lightsaber.
On my way...
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
December 25 2011 19:01 GMT
#3023
On December 26 2011 03:50 ryanAnger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2011 22:22 Bleak wrote:
I'm thinking of what class to create as I'm waiting for my delivery. I am thinking of a Jedi healer class, but honestly no idea what that means in TOR terms. So I kinda need help with that.

Also, does every Sith/Jedi have lightsaber as default? I don't wanna have a healer class that goes around all the time fighting using the Force, I still wanna use my saber from time to time.


You get your lightsaber around lvl 9 or 10 and before that you just have a training blade. As far as Force Healers go, there is the Consular (for Republic) and the Sorcerer (for Empire) and each uses a sort of "mana" system (the Force, it's similar but there are differences).

One thing I like about this game compared to WoW is that you can pick a healing class or spec and still do quite well leveling quickly because you have a variety of offensive tools at your disposal and, of course, a lightsaber.


Sweet! Enough dps to level and also healing. Can't wait to try it out!
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
December 25 2011 19:25 GMT
#3024
Yay, I got ToR for Christmas :D I'll see you guys on Twin Spears!
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
December 25 2011 22:20 GMT
#3025
Hm, I seem to be missing my companion. I'm level 8 Jedi Knight class right now and after I relogged into the game, my T7 companion is gone and there is no button on the bottom left of the screen allowing me to summon him. Also, pressing 'N' hotkey for crew says I need at least one companion. In terms of the quest, the main jedi guy took T7 to view a holo, but it seems like he was done with it afterwards. Do I still need to wait to get T7 back?
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
December 25 2011 22:25 GMT
#3026
Anyone else think this game is abit to Single player oriented?

I mean to try and quest with someone else seems abit of a challenge, im trying to level with my mate who is a Jedi Consilor im a Jedi Knight and there only seems to be class based quests on the way through, were both level 11 now and have like a class quest and 1 other quest going for us and a Heoric one, doesn't seem (sorry for doing this t.t) like a huge area as in WoW to be able to pick up 3/4 quests together and go do them come back hand in, move along. It seems just more 1 player oriented and then the odd group quest.

Its the only problem i have with the game so far, im only level 11 i admit so maybe i just haven't got to that stage yet but so far i think its just one player mode.

LIKE IT ALOT THOUGH!! Great graphics, awesome game play great combat just nice.

Oh i almost forget, WHERE THE FUCK DO I PUT THE CHAT WINDOW?!?! t.t Cant move the group frames so i cant put it bottom left, it looks stupid top left, looks even worst on the right, and in middle above action bars takes over dialog and answers t.t
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Dice17
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
December 25 2011 22:38 GMT
#3027
Hey im planning on going a Guardian/Juggernaut but I had one question before hand. I wanted to know if anyone had played with doing like a dps tank kinda style over just being a tank and is it valid?
GamaBear #1 Fan! Sen fighting~
Lumicide
Profile Joined June 2011
United States6 Posts
December 25 2011 23:41 GMT
#3028
@Pandemona, the starter planets(1-~16) are setup as more of a single player game, after that it gets more 'mmoey', which sucks in my opinion as I don't give a crap about playing with friends, I just want a good, fun, story... and having lots of filler quests just kinda sucks.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
December 25 2011 23:45 GMT
#3029
I got a guardian to 50, tanking spec the entire way through, very bad damage gets destroy in seconds in battle ground, i switch to nuking spec to play bg with, nukes very hard and still gets destroy in seconds, but at least i can ditch out some pain before i die
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Hikko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1126 Posts
December 25 2011 23:45 GMT
#3030
In what I have played, I really wish they had just released KotoR 3 instead of making an MMO
♥
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-25 23:47:06
December 25 2011 23:46 GMT
#3031
On December 26 2011 07:38 Dice17 wrote:
Hey im planning on going a Guardian/Juggernaut but I had one question before hand. I wanted to know if anyone had played with doing like a dps tank kinda style over just being a tank and is it valid?


On my 47 sith assassin my tank spec actually does comparable or even slightly more dmg than my rogue dps tree. The tank specs all do plenty of dmg to level with plus you can use a dps companion to help speed things along.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 00:26:23
December 26 2011 00:23 GMT
#3032
On December 26 2011 07:25 Pandemona wrote:
Anyone else think this game is abit to Single player oriented?

I mean to try and quest with someone else seems abit of a challenge, im trying to level with my mate who is a Jedi Consilor im a Jedi Knight and there only seems to be class based quests on the way through, were both level 11 now and have like a class quest and 1 other quest going for us and a Heoric one, doesn't seem (sorry for doing this t.t) like a huge area as in WoW to be able to pick up 3/4 quests together and go do them come back hand in, move along. It seems just more 1 player oriented and then the odd group quest.

Its the only problem i have with the game so far, im only level 11 i admit so maybe i just haven't got to that stage yet but so far i think its just one player mode.

LIKE IT ALOT THOUGH!! Great graphics, awesome game play great combat just nice.

Oh i almost forget, WHERE THE FUCK DO I PUT THE CHAT WINDOW?!?! t.t Cant move the group frames so i cant put it bottom left, it looks stupid top left, looks even worst on the right, and in middle above action bars takes over dialog and answers t.t


later in the game you can do like 20 normal quests inbetween class quests. you can even just save them and just quest the whole planet, then split up and do the class quests for the planet.
Later the planets get freaking huge, too.
lvl 1-10 is like a basic tutorial, 10-20 advanced tutorial.

I gave up dual questing at 18 as well, but now that i went trough most planets i can see that it will work on the later ones.

Also, i dont really see the non class quests as filler, they advance the overall story and each planet has something big going on that you will resolve to help the war effort.
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
December 26 2011 00:39 GMT
#3033
Can some in the legions of lettow imperial guild invite me, name is Urlis. Thanks.
kleetzor
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany360 Posts
December 26 2011 01:57 GMT
#3034
On December 26 2011 09:39 Laids wrote:
Can some in the legions of lettow imperial guild invite me, name is Urlis. Thanks.

If you dont get an invite in the next hours, I will be online tomorrow, but please send me a PM here, so I can remember! or add me in game, kleetzor, and whisper me when I get on!
Kahzaar
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden897 Posts
December 26 2011 02:01 GMT
#3035
On December 26 2011 07:20 djcube wrote:
Hm, I seem to be missing my companion. I'm level 8 Jedi Knight class right now and after I relogged into the game, my T7 companion is gone and there is no button on the bottom left of the screen allowing me to summon him. Also, pressing 'N' hotkey for crew says I need at least one companion. In terms of the quest, the main jedi guy took T7 to view a holo, but it seems like he was done with it afterwards. Do I still need to wait to get T7 back?

Try right-clicking the bottom left portrait and selecting: dismiss companion. Then summon him/her again.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
December 26 2011 02:25 GMT
#3036
On December 25 2011 13:12 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2011 12:37 Zocat wrote:
derp who cares

Fzero:
That`s normal and the typical MMO problem. You reach max level before you complete every area.
Also in MMORPGs`s time = everything. If you (everyone) have a cool concept which breaks with this mantra - share it with everyone


About difficulty:
Leveling dungeons need to contain tank & spank. As I mentioned early WoW (primus of MMOs, therefore it's mentioned) had a lot of tank & spank in it's introduction raid (MC)).
You do have people in SWTOR who have never played a MMORPG before. It cannot cater only to WoW experienced players, or it WILL fail.
Of course it can progress through difficulty faster, but you still need to teach people the basics. Therefore you start with tank & spank. Athiss, Candemimu (sic?), Telos V (sic?) all have encounters which require more than just basic tank & spank.

The same principle applies to the raid tier. You cannot apply WoW difficulty to it, you have new players who need to learn the basics. So if experienced WoW guilds try normal/hardmode of course they will succeed with ease. Since world top guilds (in WoW) like Irae AoD (that's why I asked Fruiscante for guilds who cleared it on nightmare, which he failed to provide, for multiple times) didnt manage to clear Nightmare Mode that is actually a very good sign.

Btw please provide ideas to make a mmorpg competitive without making invested time the most important factor!


So every raid in the game is easy and a tank n' spank (with the exception of a few boss') to cater to new players?

Provide a source or that's major backpedaling =/ I refuse to believe they explicitly made this game extremely easy because "so many people are coming from non-MMO backgrounds" unless I see it for myself. There's nothing wrong with they messed up and made the content far too easy. They can just patch it harder and add more content. But don't make up excuses...


If failing to provide a source is major backpedaling, you repeatingly failing to provide a source to your claim that the endgame content has been cleared prior to release is a major sign of backpedaling from your point.
Therefor the game is not easy.
Thank you for allowing me to use your logic against yourself
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
December 26 2011 03:04 GMT
#3037
the raid content has not been cleared yet. Maybe the easy modes, but who cares, WoW easy modes are auto-loot as well.
Ighox
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway580 Posts
December 26 2011 04:22 GMT
#3038
On December 26 2011 12:04 LaNague wrote:
the raid content has not been cleared yet. Maybe the easy modes, but who cares, WoW easy modes are auto-loot as well.

People have killed 4/5 eternity vault nightmare mode, but only 8man as far as I know, not 16.
Narw
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland884 Posts
December 26 2011 08:52 GMT
#3039
I've played this game a bit, and since i've also played WoW for ages few things come to mind.

Questing in SW is fun. You need to interact with other people, you can actually die if you fuck up, way they present story is quite interesting. Is it better then WoW? Prolly.

UI - thats nightmare. Let me customize this damn thing. I play in 1900x1200 on 24 inches screen and i can barely see what freaking debuff/buff me/teammates have. Unnaceptable and stupid. Also no mouseovers? Really? UI is comparable to WoW without addons. WoW with addons crushes this abomination.

PvP - WoW triumphs there. Better responses, better balance (not suprising developers had way more time/testing/feedback). That map where you assault space ship is fun and is playable, ball game is also okish, tho i have doubts if its actually balanced (first cap matters way too much from what i saw, enviorment seems to deal a bit too much dmg). Third map is terrible and should be taken off/remade immediatly. WoW was best pvp game from competitive point of view and if Bioware wants to fight Blizzard on this field there is long way ahead of em. No arena style/rbg style rated stuff just hurts, add it immediatly if you want to be taken seriously about this aspect of gameplay Bioware.

PVE - well, dont really know as i havent done any end game pve. Guess its ok but nothing special. Like i told - UI needs to be remade for it to be enjoyable, at least from healer perspective.

So in short - game is fun, game is new, but as much as i would want it to detronize WoW it can only happen couse people are bored and wanna take a break from Azeroth adventures. Couse at this point Warcraft is just a better MMO (which isnt suprising considering time it's been under constant development).
taLbuk
Profile Joined April 2010
Madagascar1879 Posts
December 26 2011 10:00 GMT
#3040
the game is extremely fun but lacks a level of polish we've seen with some other titles, but that comes with time

it all matters how seriously EA/bioware takes care of this game in the next few months, they have a lot of work to do.
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.