• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9184 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 974

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 972 973 974 975 976 1664 Next
SwaY-
Profile Joined March 2009
Dominican Republic463 Posts
July 05 2010 05:38 GMT
#19461
On July 05 2010 08:06 Amnesia wrote:
Seriously, I went down from like 1600 to 1450 in like a course of two days now. wtf am I supposed to do? I try joining 1500/1550+ games and I get kicked, and in like 1300-1600 games I just get straight up raped because my team is just absolute garbage.

-___--------------


Get good at junglers like wb or ws, rarely in low lvl play do they come at you at jungle, buy your own wards if you get ganked though, let your team hold their own until you have enough shit then rape.. assist in defense though if you think everyone else that should get you out of 1400 for sure
Do it beautifully
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 05:50:36
July 05 2010 05:49 GMT
#19462
On July 05 2010 08:06 Amnesia wrote:
Seriously, I went down from like 1600 to 1450 in like a course of two days now. wtf am I supposed to do? I try joining 1500/1550+ games and I get kicked, and in like 1300-1600 games I just get straight up raped because my team is just absolute garbage.

-___--------------

Just ask me to game with you, I can get you to 1600 fairly easily prolly. Any higher than that you'll actually have to play well

I hear going null stone on soul reaper after sac stone against a team where every hero has a target spell is a bad idea. Is that logic bad enough to warrant criticism?
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 05 2010 06:11 GMT
#19463
On July 05 2010 13:54 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 12:42 Antifate wrote:
For two games that are very alike, you'd think that a tactic like that would carry over, but it seems more successful in DotA?


In the competitive aspect, this is not so true. DotA and Hon are vastly different due to creep pull and aggro tendencies, tower targeting mechanism, jungle/neut pull, and dota still having many unique skills and heroes over Hon. Also almost every hero in Hon has as good of a last hit animation as the best animations in dota. Some stats are also different. But I think the main reason Hon doesn't use tri-lanes like dota has recently is simply due to the fact that top hon players are old american and euro players who are stuck in habit and haven't had to deal with chinese players who analyze the shit out of the game and come at you with this in-your-face style where they make you, make a decision.

Chinese have a really weird style of Trilaning at times, in EHOME vs Nv.cn (I think game 2) they both trilaned top and were pulling creeps, Sentinel from the left and Scourge from the usual upper, which was really awkward laning. Morph Sven CM vs VS Drow Lion; EHOME really likes to play Sven as a semi carry instead of carry, while Lion/Drow/VS is a good mix of disable damage and aura abuse
DS solo mid bottom, pulling creeps off the line vs Necro that couldn't really chase him.
Pig killing rune (ha ha ha too bad YaphetS)
actually a game with aggressive chinese play with all its quirks
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
coffeefee
Profile Joined January 2010
Afghanistan77 Posts
July 05 2010 06:15 GMT
#19464
Hi guys, just wanted to say I heard so much bad stuff about this thread I never even bothered to open it, and then here I am today, just clicked randomly and wow. So many quality posts last page lol, it's good reading all those comments. I'm a dota guy myself, big noob but I like watching replays, and I'm gonna go watch a couple of those ESWC ones now with a good idea what to look forward to. So thanks for those posts, really good insight
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 05 2010 06:20 GMT
#19465
On July 05 2010 15:15 coffeefee wrote:
Hi guys, just wanted to say I heard so much bad stuff about this thread I never even bothered to open it, and then here I am today, just clicked randomly and wow. So many quality posts last page lol, it's good reading all those comments. I'm a dota guy myself, big noob but I like watching replays, and I'm gonna go watch a couple of those ESWC ones now with a good idea what to look forward to. So thanks for those posts, really good insight

personally I thought ESWC was boring for the most part
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
July 05 2010 06:36 GMT
#19466
I think its a complete rape on ehomes part though lol. Cant imagine lgd.sgty and ehome duking it out again
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
coffeefee
Profile Joined January 2010
Afghanistan77 Posts
July 05 2010 08:21 GMT
#19467
Ya just saw the game vs nirvana. I remember watching several absolutely awesome, incredible attacking games back when they played with jolie, miracle and levent, and now it's just painful seeing those guys get stomped like that. They just never had a chance lol.

Can anybody explain wtf were those guys thinking picking Lanaya? I thought maybe they figured okay, it's gonna be medusa / storm + rylai / lion + something and not a trilane? But I kinda think they would've gotten owned anyway.
WTF do they need Lanaya for anyway, they got Morphling to carry and Necro can grow nicely too right? I'm seriously a noob so am I missing something?

And the way it played out, is that kind of trilane just insta gg? I assume they thought if they stay in that lane they gonna 100% feed so that's why they left? But then it looked like morphling just had nothing to do, it's like they conceded the game from the start. So what can you do, pick better next time and that's it right?
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 08:49:53
July 05 2010 08:46 GMT
#19468
On July 05 2010 14:38 SwaY- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 08:06 Amnesia wrote:
Seriously, I went down from like 1600 to 1450 in like a course of two days now. wtf am I supposed to do? I try joining 1500/1550+ games and I get kicked, and in like 1300-1600 games I just get straight up raped because my team is just absolute garbage.

-___--------------


Get good at junglers like wb or ws, rarely in low lvl play do they come at you at jungle, buy your own wards if you get ganked though, let your team hold their own until you have enough shit then rape.. assist in defense though if you think everyone else that should get you out of 1400 for sure


you should be able to farm way more in lane given that you have freefarm (and since you insist you are a 1600s player, 1400 games should be freefarm and then some (i.e. free hero gold))
so i don't think foresting is actually a good idea if you're way better than everyone in the game. just destroy them straight up and gank the other lanes so that even if they're losing, with your ganks they will be able to get on top of it. you will probably be buying your own chicken and your own wards but with likely first blood being yours, plus the freefarm, it shouldn't really matter

also, were you really 1600 ?>.< 1550 and 1450 isn't that different tbh
[image loading]
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
July 05 2010 10:10 GMT
#19469
1550 rounds up to 1600 :d
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 05 2010 13:57 GMT
#19470
On July 05 2010 17:21 coffeefee wrote:
Ya just saw the game vs nirvana. I remember watching several absolutely awesome, incredible attacking games back when they played with jolie, miracle and levent, and now it's just painful seeing those guys get stomped like that. They just never had a chance lol.

Can anybody explain wtf were those guys thinking picking Lanaya? I thought maybe they figured okay, it's gonna be medusa / storm + rylai / lion + something and not a trilane? But I kinda think they would've gotten owned anyway.
WTF do they need Lanaya for anyway, they got Morphling to carry and Necro can grow nicely too right? I'm seriously a noob so am I missing something?

And the way it played out, is that kind of trilane just insta gg? I assume they thought if they stay in that lane they gonna 100% feed so that's why they left? But then it looked like morphling just had nothing to do, it's like they conceded the game from the start. So what can you do, pick better next time and that's it right?


The way puppy handled that trilane was insta-gg. No, Necro/Morph loses to Storm/Medusa 9 out of 10 times late game, plus Korok is a very good TA player (the best in the world actually). Morph should have left, DS should have stayed in that lane and just toughed it out with Ion Shell OR Morph stays and DS goes top to just fuck up Medusa/Sven OR rotate WD to roam or bottom. Instead they chose the worst possible option.

The problem was pretty obvious, if either Lion or Sven gets free mid game (aka dagger), WD/TA/DS/Morph were all going to be dead pretty fast. Normally Morph would be fine, problem was his non-existent farm. And it happened when Lion got free, gave the entire bottom lane and jungle to Medusa, power farm all the way, mid naturally rolled up because TA can't handle Storm and a roam, NV doesn't have the heroes to super turtle, so gg that.

Going from EHomes picks, I bet NV thought Medusa mid which TA can handle no problem (low base versus Refract and Mystic Snake is too slow and costly against Meld). WD/Necro and Morph/DS can handle any of the remaining combos in any lane. The problem is that center lane match up is fucking impossible on so many other variations, either Fear overlooked it or Puppy just didn't see it, because any of the EHOME's 2 mid combos would have put Korok down really hard, maybe they thought they can switch out of any problems in mid.
Get it by your hands...
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
July 05 2010 14:37 GMT
#19471
On July 05 2010 13:38 Pokebunny wrote:
Thunderbringer mid is getting more common than it was a few months ago - he's still not top tier, but not a bad pick anymore.

Wasn't it because of Thunderbringer's 3rd ability (Lightning rod) which got changed, that led to him actually being used? or is that just a totally different story?
Power of Ze
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 05 2010 15:00 GMT
#19472
On July 05 2010 23:37 Elegance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 13:38 Pokebunny wrote:
Thunderbringer mid is getting more common than it was a few months ago - he's still not top tier, but not a bad pick anymore.

Wasn't it because of Thunderbringer's 3rd ability (Lightning rod) which got changed, that led to him actually being used? or is that just a totally different story?


Yep, the passive of Zeus is really the reason why he's now viable, doesn't require massive items.

The reason why Zeus isn't played in in DotA, I thought was pretty obvious. When you got heroes with ways to abuse the movespeed limitations (Storm, Morph, etc) Zeus can't sit back and team fight effectively any more.
Get it by your hands...
Antifate
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States415 Posts
July 05 2010 17:55 GMT
#19473
Why is Storm so picked? I think he requires more farm than Morphling and is way less effective. The pull -> remnant combo seems to work like 10% of the time. T_T

I also think Storm's animation is painfully bad. Which is weird because it doesn't seem that terrible, but it is!
No one is taller than the last man standing.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 05 2010 17:58 GMT
#19474
?? His animation is fine, he can last hit with Remenant, he's fucking unkillable when it comes to ganks once his mana comes up or if Linkens hits.

Plus he team fights so fucking well, jump in, pick off the support, then pick another off, jump again if they go on you.

He's PotM version 1 only better.
Get it by your hands...
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
July 05 2010 18:01 GMT
#19475
Storm brings alot of gank/survivability to the table and farms relatively fast (at least when i played dota, he farmed fast, was very hard to kill once he has items, just like morph). He can gank early and with his ult is very mobile meaning he can always be in good positions in fights. Top it off that he can farm very quickly with revenant + passive he can get his items without having to really try for cs (he can just auto part of the wave down and nuke it for guaranteed cs). In team fights he is mobile, meaning if someone is low he can chase them down effectively, or if the fight goes badly he is good at not dieing, so he can save a team one death at least.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
July 05 2010 18:41 GMT
#19476
Around the time I played (6.61) I was always told that storm was a pretty bad hero that didn't do much. Too item dependant for a ganker.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 05 2010 18:46 GMT
#19477
Versions change, 61 was eons ago as far as game strategies went.
Get it by your hands...
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
July 05 2010 18:52 GMT
#19478
Were there any major changes to him since then? I know at that time he had his basic nuke, a drag, and a passive nuke, and his roflball.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 05 2010 19:00 GMT
#19479
Two things I've been wondering recently...

Why don't we see Swiftblade in competitive games? He pairs well with two top tier support heroes (slither/glacius) and can carry decently. He can be used in offensive lanes very well while still maintaining good farm. He seems like a great multi-purpose hero that fits the current style of lane domination -> go on to win with superior farm.

Other one, this one's mostly aimed at Testie but anyone can answer, why do you like going for the ghost marchers + pk build on arachna rather than a more conventional build? It seems like they serve the same purpose - maneuverability for ganks and escapes, but if you want to do so, why not go with ghost marchers -> geometers or steamboots -> pk? They seem to overlap in role. One idea that someone brought up to me (wala?) was that it's far harder to set up ganks without them in higher level games, but I still feel like sacrificing the attack speed and carry potential of arachna for so long can really hurt your lategame. What do you guys think?
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 19:02:39
July 05 2010 19:01 GMT
#19480
Back then, the imba'heroes were undying, rhasta, dp, bane, kunkka and necro. Not very storm-friendly.

All I remember is that bloodstone and heart were ridiculous so storm's dps late game didn't cut it either. I'm not sure if storm needs a nerf but he is definitely overused/overrated. I guess, excluding highest lvl of competition, it's easier to play storm than counter it with good support/teamwork which makes him relatively imba.
('''(G_G/'''')
Prev 1 972 973 974 975 976 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
IntoTheiNu 610
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings45
CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko349
OGKoka 208
Rex 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45508
Calm 3743
Shuttle 1716
Bisu 1040
FanTaSy 611
firebathero 356
Hyuk 319
Soma 298
Zeus 287
Stork 277
[ Show more ]
actioN 250
Mini 161
Rush 151
Soulkey 132
Light 122
Mong 121
EffOrt 121
Last 104
Snow 87
ZerO 76
Dewaltoss 70
Pusan 67
Barracks 40
NotJumperer 38
Bale 36
Sea.KH 35
Shine 34
Killer 33
Shinee 33
Free 31
Noble 30
ToSsGirL 29
Yoon 29
hero 25
Sharp 23
JYJ 22
Aegong 16
HiyA 16
sorry 16
yabsab 16
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5570
Dendi212
League of Legends
JimRising 295
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1407
shoxiejesuss616
kRYSTAL_48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
gofns33898
singsing1885
B2W.Neo413
crisheroes253
DeMusliM178
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick517
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• LUISG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Stunt265
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 26m
OSC
10h 41m
Replay Cast
11h 26m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.