• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:34
CEST 15:34
KST 22:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7700 users

SSBB New Characters - Page 17

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
March 16 2008 02:40 GMT
#321
On March 16 2008 08:20 sith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2008 14:38 zizou21 wrote:
dude everyone is saying toon link is good, but uh, wat about him is good? i think he sucks ass?
plus he looks so damn cute.


Dark Young Link! :O
"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
JIJI
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Canada291 Posts
March 16 2008 20:56 GMT
#322
On March 16 2008 06:35 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Guys Metaknight and Lucas are fucking nuts.

Lucas is more fucking nuts now. He can do a 'recoil' foward b. The thread is somewhere on Smashboards and made by SamuraiPanda, I can't find it right now though.
Believing forever in sAviOr. Jaedong complete domination. IefNaij scarab explosion. MUCH <3
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 16 2008 22:03 GMT
#323
metaknight is really powerful because he is so swift but hes lacking smash moves :0

as opposed to marth - who is a fucking powerhouse in every aspect? gOOd LorD
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
bp1696
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States288 Posts
March 17 2008 00:11 GMT
#324
ROB. Such an awesome character, that gyro thing is uber pownage. Its like peach's death turnip every time. Plus, his recovery is second to none.
Sleep is for the fishes
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 17 2008 00:53 GMT
#325
marth is imba.
i love falcos boomerange reflector, shine spiking with fox doesnt seem as effective as in SSBM though
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
March 17 2008 02:25 GMT
#326
After playing Brawl on Saturday, I have some things to add.


#1: All I hear about Metaknight is, "he's fast but he can't kill". Then I watch these guys playing, and it turns out Metaknight DOES have a decent kill-move: his up-B has great knockback, especially near the start of the move. Furthermore, I have yet to see an aerial move that could beat it clean (I saw it trade with Toon Link's d-air once, but also beat Toon Link's d-air once). Lastly, throughout the night, no one managed to punish Metaknight after air-dodging away from his up-B.

Metaknight is not broken but he is REALLY good and he CAN kill.


#2: Falco's chain throw is very dangerous. I've heard he can basically chain-throw heavier characters until the edge of the stage and then spike them off, and although I never saw that happen, even ~4 throws in a row racks up a lot of damage fast. Moral of the story: vs Falco, at low %s, you have to play very conservatively and never leave yourself open to being grabbed.


I have yet to face a strong Marth opponent, but after trying him myself I imagine a good Marth will be very difficult to deal with.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
March 17 2008 02:30 GMT
#327
I like playing with heavier chars, and im actully really only decent when using King Dedede and Bowser although I still sometimes kill myself because I do stupid shit and bowsers recovery isnt all that great. With lighter and fast chars I guess I just do not know how to use their speed effectivly and prefer the heavy, slow, and more powerful guys. I Love Bowsers final smash though :D gotta love huge ass bowser.
Never Knows Best.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 17 2008 02:50 GMT
#328
I love Metaknight is so great at dishing out consecutive damage, fun to play 2v2 with him and someone who's a good finisher.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
March 17 2008 03:09 GMT
#329
Maybe me and everyone I play with is just a huge retard, but i feel that there are a lot of well...."accidents" when you play this game. There's always the chance of falling off the edge with your recovery already used up with = instant death, but it never really happened in melee. Even though you're far more sticky against the edge in Brawl, it happens a lot more. Me and drone were playing and I would say just about every game one of use would lose a life to something stupid like that. For example, Metaknights side b or even normal b both use up his recovery (for good reason, they offer a chance to get back to the edge if they didn't), but if you aren't careful you can find yourself suddenly falling without possibility to get back.

And btw, even though I'm not feeling many of the new characters, I like what they have done with some previous ones. I'm liking falco now, as well as zelda and captain falcon.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 17 2008 03:27 GMT
#330
On March 17 2008 12:09 sith wrote:
Maybe me and everyone I play with is just a huge retard, but i feel that there are a lot of well...."accidents" when you play this game. There's always the chance of falling off the edge with your recovery already used up with = instant death, but it never really happened in melee. Even though you're far more sticky against the edge in Brawl, it happens a lot more. Me and drone were playing and I would say just about every game one of use would lose a life to something stupid like that. For example, Metaknights side b or even normal b both use up his recovery (for good reason, they offer a chance to get back to the edge if they didn't), but if you aren't careful you can find yourself suddenly falling without possibility to get back.

And btw, even though I'm not feeling many of the new characters, I like what they have done with some previous ones. I'm liking falco now, as well as zelda and captain falcon.


The same thing would happen to me in SSBM with Fox, as I'd misaim the analog stick, use side B instead of down B, and rocket off the edge with no hope of recovery
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
March 17 2008 05:09 GMT
#331
On March 17 2008 12:09 sith wrote:
Maybe me and everyone I play with is just a huge retard, but i feel that there are a lot of well...."accidents" when you play this game. There's always the chance of falling off the edge with your recovery already used up with = instant death, but it never really happened in melee. Even though you're far more sticky against the edge in Brawl, it happens a lot more. Me and drone were playing and I would say just about every game one of use would lose a life to something stupid like that. For example, Metaknights side b or even normal b both use up his recovery (for good reason, they offer a chance to get back to the edge if they didn't), but if you aren't careful you can find yourself suddenly falling without possibility to get back.

And btw, even though I'm not feeling many of the new characters, I like what they have done with some previous ones. I'm liking falco now, as well as zelda and captain falcon.

It's probably due in-part to a lack of experience. Example: after dying from side-B moves so often, you guys will probably stop using them in the wrong situations .

I've had my fair share of accidental deaths so far. Dedede's vertical up-B got me killed several times since it doesn't grab onto the edge like you'd expect >_<. One time my friend and I were playing through the events 2-player, and at the beginning of one, I was messing around with the Ice Climbers and side-B'd off the edge and died before the event had even started . (My friend just looked at me like, "wtf are you doing... -_-a".) And then there is my 0% death with Snake yesterday that's probably going to be up on Youtube in a few days for all the world to see T_T;;. Anyway, I'm sure that after these things happen enough times (especially if they get recorded), we'll learn to minimize the likelihood of them happening in the future.
tiffany
Profile Joined November 2003
3664 Posts
March 17 2008 06:20 GMT
#332
i've been trying to get 100% on sse on intense. 86% in 12 hours so far. possible spoiler follows






how do you not get hit by tabuu's explosion thing when he appears in the center of the screen and has his butterfly wings and then supernovas?
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-17 07:13:08
March 17 2008 07:11 GMT
#333
On March 17 2008 15:20 tiffany wrote:
i've been trying to get 100% on sse on intense. 86% in 12 hours so far. possible spoiler follows






+ Show Spoiler +
how do you not get hit by tabuu's explosion thing when he appears in the center of the screen and has his butterfly wings and then supernovas?


I think you dodge in place 3 times (or however many pulses there are, i forget).
"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
March 17 2008 08:09 GMT
#334
Hey guys, have you ever noticed that on the Halberd stage, the Pokemon Trainer doesn't follow the stage when the Halberd flies away?

So what will happen when he has to toss a pokeball from the Halberd all the way to the stage? Will you actually see the pokeball from flying from the Halberd?
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 17 2008 08:24 GMT
#335
i think marth/snake BEST 2:2

so powerful :0
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-31 15:56:37
March 17 2008 09:45 GMT
#336
Hmmmm maybe my 0% death wasn't recorded after all ^^;; (edit: lol no, it's up there ). Anyway, here's my best game of the night from Saturday. People who downplay Pit's ability to kill may be somewhat surprised. Also notice the 26% arrow at the start -- I didn't move for a bit after that because I was laughing too hard .

Zex (Falco) vs Bill307 (Pit)



Edit: updated video link since the guy's previous Youtube account got deleted thanks to Sony, for no real reason -_-;;.


Yeah, I know I should've been air-dodging past Falco's aerial kicks instead of thinking Pit is Marth, and at the time I didn't know how to glide with Pit . I think my ground game is looking alright, at least.


By the way, if you look at the other videos from that night, you'll notice the Toon Link player, "Sol", does really well. I don't know how old he was, but I'd guess he was ~14, yet he was competing against people 20-25 years old and playing better than most of us! It was very impressive. (Kind of like GTR in SC, minus the awesome accent .)
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3716 Posts
March 17 2008 21:30 GMT
#337
Man, just finished unlocking all the characters/stages last night. Finally got to play with wolf, and wow, I completely love him He has some sweet edge tricks you can do with his side-b as well, so thats a plus.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 17 2008 21:35 GMT
#338
That attack where Pit yells "hi yi yi ya" and spins his shit is really fucking gay
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 17 2008 21:38 GMT
#339
On March 18 2008 06:30 tec27 wrote:
Man, just finished unlocking all the characters/stages last night. Finally got to play with wolf, and wow, I completely love him He has some sweet edge tricks you can do with his side-b as well, so thats a plus.


how do u get wolf?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
TheMusiC
Profile Joined January 2004
United States1054 Posts
March 17 2008 22:12 GMT
#340
beat sse, then beat boss rush on any difficulty with fox
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 289
TKL 218
CranKy Ducklings132
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko507
TKL 218
ProTech112
Rex 105
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60989
Free 2224
Jaedong 1198
BeSt 500
Horang2 318
firebathero 230
Zeus 186
Last 101
Hyun 99
Pusan 77
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 71
910 41
soO 29
Aegong 22
Rock 18
Trap 18
Yoon 15
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6165
Dendi838
XaKoH 437
canceldota78
Other Games
gofns37327
singsing2351
B2W.Neo498
byalli401
Pyrionflax281
Mlord234
ToD199
Beastyqt144
DeMusliM126
Liquid`VortiX75
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1595
League of Legends
• Jankos2906
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 26m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.