• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:45
CEST 21:45
KST 04:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8669 users

[H] DotA items - Page 22

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 35 Next All
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
September 01 2007 21:26 GMT
#421
says paper, who only plays sven, bm and shadow fiend
('''(G_G/'''')
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
September 01 2007 22:59 GMT
#422
On September 02 2007 06:26 Heen wrote:
says paper, who only plays sven, bm and shadow fiend


pfff i play anyone E Z :}
Hates Fun🤔
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
September 01 2007 23:06 GMT
#423
hey in the new patch

does spell resistance stack w/ the hood before u get it now ?? i saw something in the patchnotes but its so vague it could mean a lot of things -_-
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
September 02 2007 00:33 GMT
#424
Ask on the DotA forums.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
September 02 2007 00:38 GMT
#425
It stacks properly now, so you don't need to get the hood before the skill.
In DotA you could
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
September 02 2007 00:56 GMT
#426
I thought resistance didn't stack. Or are you talking about a hero skill and hood?
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
September 02 2007 03:17 GMT
#427
On September 02 2007 09:38 Elemenope wrote:
It stacks properly now, so you don't need to get the hood before the skill.


E L I T E
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Auspicious
Profile Joined August 2007
United States175 Posts
September 02 2007 05:25 GMT
#428
On August 30 2007 15:07 rpf wrote:
So go fuck yourself, then. Everyone is new at some point or another, so if you're going to be a condescending prick, well then...oh wait, you fit right in with the majority of DotA players.

"What? You're new? I was born knowing how to play."


You're so touchy and defensive about everything rpf it's actually kind of sadly amusing to watch. You've GOTTA have massive self-confidence issues.
You don't fuck around with the infinite.
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
September 02 2007 05:35 GMT
#429
On September 02 2007 14:25 Auspicious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2007 15:07 rpf wrote:
So go fuck yourself, then. Everyone is new at some point or another, so if you're going to be a condescending prick, well then...oh wait, you fit right in with the majority of DotA players.

"What? You're new? I was born knowing how to play."


You're so touchy and defensive about everything rpf it's actually kind of sadly amusing to watch. You've GOTTA have massive self-confidence issues.


But rpf is right; most DotA players are pricks; the higher-level players make up 90% of GM players -_-;;;

Anyways ...

I'm trying to get better with Crystal Maiden (since in -xl the other team ALWAYS takes Silencer and Beastmaster -_-) and my builds are like so:

Frostbite
Frost Nova
Frostbite
Frost Nova
Frostbite
Frost Nova
Frostbite
Frost Nova
Stats
Freezing Field
Freezing Field
Brilliance Aura x 4
Freezing Field
Stats x 9

Yeah; I usually lane with Slayer or (rarely) Morphling so I think maxing Frostbite and Frost Nova is great for EZ nuke spamming for kills

My item build is:
RoB (Slayer usually gets a Headdress) - Mana regeneration early on
Bracers if needed - HP + extra Mana
BKB - So I don't get pwned by stuns when I fire up my ultimate
Hood - Lowers damage from a crapload of sources
Blink Dagger - BKB, Blink in, Freezing Field. Bye, bye, other team.

Is there anything else I need? Or is this skill/item build sufficient to play a powerful Crystal Maiden? I was thinking about getting Linken's instead of Hood; usually I only see one (rarely two) stuns targetted at me and I think the extra stat boost would help instead of spell reduction. Or would it? -_-;;;
^-^
terr13
Profile Joined April 2007
United States298 Posts
September 02 2007 06:32 GMT
#430
Blink before BKB or Hood. Hood only if you need it, and you forgot you're boots. Don't get brilliance aura, especially that late in the game since you won't need it that much, stats would serve you better.
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
September 02 2007 07:41 GMT
#431
On September 02 2007 14:25 Auspicious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2007 15:07 rpf wrote:
So go fuck yourself, then. Everyone is new at some point or another, so if you're going to be a condescending prick, well then...oh wait, you fit right in with the majority of DotA players.

"What? You're new? I was born knowing how to play."


You're so touchy and defensive about everything rpf it's actually kind of sadly amusing to watch. You've GOTTA have massive self-confidence issues.
I wasn't defending myself there, but good try. Maybe next time.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
September 02 2007 07:52 GMT
#432
On September 02 2007 14:35 Equinox_kr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2007 14:25 Auspicious wrote:
On August 30 2007 15:07 rpf wrote:
So go fuck yourself, then. Everyone is new at some point or another, so if you're going to be a condescending prick, well then...oh wait, you fit right in with the majority of DotA players.

"What? You're new? I was born knowing how to play."


You're so touchy and defensive about everything rpf it's actually kind of sadly amusing to watch. You've GOTTA have massive self-confidence issues.


But rpf is right; most DotA players are pricks; the higher-level players make up 90% of GM players -_-;;;

Anyways ...

I'm trying to get better with Crystal Maiden (since in -xl the other team ALWAYS takes Silencer and Beastmaster -_-) and my builds are like so:

Frostbite
Frost Nova
Frostbite
Frost Nova
Frostbite
Frost Nova
Frostbite
Frost Nova
Stats
Freezing Field
Freezing Field
Brilliance Aura x 4
Freezing Field
Stats x 9

Yeah; I usually lane with Slayer or (rarely) Morphling so I think maxing Frostbite and Frost Nova is great for EZ nuke spamming for kills

My item build is:
RoB (Slayer usually gets a Headdress) - Mana regeneration early on
Bracers if needed - HP + extra Mana
BKB - So I don't get pwned by stuns when I fire up my ultimate
Hood - Lowers damage from a crapload of sources
Blink Dagger - BKB, Blink in, Freezing Field. Bye, bye, other team.

Is there anything else I need? Or is this skill/item build sufficient to play a powerful Crystal Maiden? I was thinking about getting Linken's instead of Hood; usually I only see one (rarely two) stuns targetted at me and I think the extra stat boost would help instead of spell reduction. Or would it? -_-;;;
Constructive criticism:

1. Don't get RoB on CM. Why? RoB gives you:

damage
armor
fixed mana regen

Melee spammers take the RoB over the Sobi because they need the damage to help last hit, whereas you have the advantage of having ranged attacks over having to run in to last hit. While a melee spammer runs in to last hit, they're likely to take a couple hits of harassment from the ranged heroes they're laning against, and thus the armor helps to mitigate that. Most melee heroes are not int, and thus will naturally have low int, and thus won't benefit from a Sobi much, hence RoB. Melee heroes have a harder time pushing towers because they spend more time in range of the tower, but not able to actually hit the tower because they have to run in and out of the tower's range, and so turning the aura of the RoB on when pushing and keeping it off when not pushing makes the RoB an incredible first item for a melee spammer like Sven, Leoric, or BM.

Conclusion: Get RoB on melee spammers *only.* Get Sobi on everyone else that needs the regen. When you have ~30 int, the regen is higher than what a RoB gives you. Remember, 0.65 is not 65%.

2. You're getting hood without saying why. Are you getting it just because? If so, that's a bad reason. You should only get hood if the other team has formidable nukers. I look at how many nukes I have to be afraid of on the other team. If you think it's needed, build it first. Otherwise, skip it. It'll only delay your other core items.

3. Dagger before BKB is probably a better order.

4. Don't get brilliance aura. It isn't a modifier, it's just a fixed amount. You'll get better from a Sobi. Max Frostbite/Nova, then get your ult/stats. Get the aura for your last four levels.

So, start out with a Sobi/tangos (I get two sets, but it's up to you). Then finish a pair of bracers while getting boots, then work on a dagger, and then BKB.

A lot of that is situational, though. I'd rush BoT if they're really pushing your towers hard. Otherwise get them last. You may not need the bracers, either. Getting the BKB might give you all of the health you need.

Just my two cents. I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just saying I think there are better/more efficient ways to play CM.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
September 02 2007 08:20 GMT
#433
1 hero skill + 1 spell resistance item now stack properly no matter the order of acquisition.
I'll call Nada.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-02 10:36:08
September 02 2007 10:12 GMT
#434
bas < sobi @ 32 int
Hates Fun🤔
new_construct
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1041 Posts
September 02 2007 12:50 GMT
#435
hood sucks, don't get it for any hero, a completely defensive item it is going to draw u back even more
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
September 02 2007 15:24 GMT
#436
wtf, hood isn't a bad item.

Depends on what role you are playing.
('''(G_G/'''')
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
September 02 2007 15:40 GMT
#437
On September 02 2007 15:32 terr13 wrote:
Blink before BKB or Hood. Hood only if you need it, and you forgot you're boots. Don't get brilliance aura, especially that late in the game since you won't need it that much, stats would serve you better.


Haha I left out Boots intentionally because I assumed that every hero gets it (later BoTs)

I'll try getting Stats in lieu of Brilliance Aura and grab it last? I mean, Brilliance Aura is actually worth getting now since it stacks with other mana regeneration items.

On September 02 2007 16:52 rpf wrote:
Constructive criticism:

1. Don't get RoB on CM. Why? RoB gives you:

damage
armor
fixed mana regen

Melee spammers take the RoB over the Sobi because they need the damage to help last hit, whereas you have the advantage of having ranged attacks over having to run in to last hit. While a melee spammer runs in to last hit, they're likely to take a couple hits of harassment from the ranged heroes they're laning against, and thus the armor helps to mitigate that. Most melee heroes are not int, and thus will naturally have low int, and thus won't benefit from a Sobi much, hence RoB. Melee heroes have a harder time pushing towers because they spend more time in range of the tower, but not able to actually hit the tower because they have to run in and out of the tower's range, and so turning the aura of the RoB on when pushing and keeping it off when not pushing makes the RoB an incredible first item for a melee spammer like Sven, Leoric, or BM.

Conclusion: Get RoB on melee spammers *only.* Get Sobi on everyone else that needs the regen. When you have ~30 int, the regen is higher than what a RoB gives you. Remember, 0.65 is not 65%.

2. You're getting hood without saying why. Are you getting it just because? If so, that's a bad reason. You should only get hood if the other team has formidable nukers. I look at how many nukes I have to be afraid of on the other team. If you think it's needed, build it first. Otherwise, skip it. It'll only delay your other core items.

3. Dagger before BKB is probably a better order.

4. Don't get brilliance aura. It isn't a modifier, it's just a fixed amount. You'll get better from a Sobi. Max Frostbite/Nova, then get your ult/stats. Get the aura for your last four levels.

So, start out with a Sobi/tangos (I get two sets, but it's up to you). Then finish a pair of bracers while getting boots, then work on a dagger, and then BKB.

A lot of that is situational, though. I'd rush BoT if they're really pushing your towers hard. Otherwise get them last. You may not need the bracers, either. Getting the BKB might give you all of the health you need.

Just my two cents. I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just saying I think there are better/more efficient ways to play CM.


Sobi Mask and Tangoes ... makes sense. I never really cared about the % mana regeneration; I always thought the higher the number, the more mana you'd regenerate ^_^_^_^

I see in a lot of matches that I die when I get Blink Dagger first T_T I blink in, turn on my ultimate, I get stunned by Sand King, Epicenter, and usually at this point I also get a couple of other spells hit at me, so I still think it's wiser to get BKB before Blink Dagger. Good suggestion, though.

Yeah, Bracers are needed if I'm having a bit of trouble fighting and I need some extra health.

On September 02 2007 21:50 new_construct wrote:
hood sucks, don't get it for any hero, a completely defensive item it is going to draw u back even more


Yeah, but when there's like 30,000 spells flying at you as soon as you turn on Freezing Field you're going to want to stay alive through that after the ten seconds of BKB is up -_-;;;
^-^
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-02 16:27:52
September 02 2007 16:27 GMT
#438
i get hood on antimage and pudge

antimage soloing w/ 2 RoR's is solid

anyone kno sickest build w/ earthshaker? his item builds always seem to contaminate my gameplay
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
September 02 2007 19:26 GMT
#439
fuck hood on anti-mage

he already has a better one + blink

go dps after two bracers and youre set -_-
Hates Fun🤔
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
September 02 2007 20:33 GMT
#440
hood
treads
2x bracers
basher
butterfly
->ftw
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason73
BRAT_OK 72
Railgan 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18840
Mini 363
Dewaltoss 172
Hyuk 144
firebathero 108
ggaemo 100
ZZZero.O 75
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8176
febbydoto17
League of Legends
Doublelift1210
Counter-Strike
Fnx 535
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4293
Khaldor1249
crisheroes963
Liquid`Hasu778
Other Games
summit1g3481
FrodaN2437
fl0m1155
Beastyqt811
KnowMe316
mouzStarbuck306
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1176
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 102
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8447
• WagamamaTV439
Other Games
• imaqtpie820
• Shiphtur256
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 15m
INu's Battles
16h 15m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 15m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.