• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:26
CEST 00:26
KST 07:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9356 users

[H] DotA items - Page 20

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 35 Next All
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
August 15 2007 07:30 GMT
#381
oh yeah and ack lets play soonnn ;D ggc or hamachi? or if i head over east lets play listcheck, i play horribly with even like a second of delay =(
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
Hydro Kirby
Profile Joined July 2007
United States7 Posts
August 15 2007 07:30 GMT
#382
Would anyone like to explain to me how Skadi is a piece of shit item?

Skadi isn't necessarily gotten primarily for the DPS; you get it for the stat bonuses and the slow, then you tack on your DPS item after the Skadi (or before, w/e).

Blink > Lothars on almost everything. Lothars is countered by a Sent ward, or anything with true sight. Blink can be used whenever Lothars can.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-15 07:55:45
August 15 2007 07:54 GMT
#383
Who said skadi is a pos?

It's bad if you rush it, except a few select heroes [ like qop ], but other than that it's only drawback is that it costs a lot.

Skadi is a perfectly fine item in my book. Especially because it doesn't count as a orb on ranged heroes [ again with the exception of some orbs like desolation ]
Hydro Kirby
Profile Joined July 2007
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-16 06:39:54
August 16 2007 06:39 GMT
#384
On August 11 2007 23:34 Heen wrote:

Next is SnY. SnY is perhaps the most hated item in DotA. 'It gives a little bit of everything.' But no on sniper it's not. It's pretty standard on him. Let's see:

useful attributes to sniper?
+str? check
+agi? check
+ms? check
+as? check
+maim? check

A good sniper positions himself well and that means a lot of moving around. The ms gain from this build will be a huge asset. And at this point your agi gain should be significant enough to proc maim often enough. Sny > Skadi on sniper. Skadi is a useless piece of shit item that has the worst DPS/gold for such a ridiculously expensive item. (Note I only get skadi in game 3 since terrorblade dropped).


Right here. And this is after I type up about a page explaining why Skadi > SnY.
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
August 16 2007 08:04 GMT
#385
Not many items are absolutely useless with the exception of a few like blademail. I'll maintain my stance that Skadi is crap on most heroes.

I'm getting tired of forumcrafting to defend my style of play really. No one wins here. It's pretty much your word or mine.

DotA is still an unexplored game and I am certain that the majority of us are in for a surprise. The same thing will happen with DotA as it did with BW I assume. People will rule out many possibilities as not viable or newb only to look like an ass later on when a pro demonstrates it. I don't even support the 'if a pro does it, it's good' argument but it seems to make most ppl happy since they can't argue with someone who is undoubtedly better than them. *cough* cowards

Who would've thought 3 Hatch before pool in TvZ 'could' work? Or 14 Nexus in 2v2?

I seem to recall arguing necromastery + shadowraze is good a while back. Then someone stepped in and bashed it saying it's too 'pub.'

Or SnY being utter trash, plenty of excellent players get it on various heroes.

I don't think it should be necessary to link a replay or some sort of proof to back up my statements. Try it and decide for yourself. I say this because I am not easily persuaded myself.
('''(G_G/'''')
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-16 11:24:24
August 16 2007 09:46 GMT
#386
Blademail is the epitome of 1v1/2v2 games with melee heroes or 5v5 with lots of leavers.
I'll call Nada.
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
August 16 2007 12:49 GMT
#387
I would think BKB easily counters the overpriced blademail.
('''(G_G/'''')
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
August 16 2007 16:04 GMT
#388
On August 16 2007 21:49 Heen wrote:
I would think BKB easily counters the overpriced blademail.


Running away easily counters 10 seconds of BKB.
I'll call Nada.
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
August 16 2007 16:38 GMT
#389
CANT RUN AWAY I WILL TAUNT YOU MOFO!
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
August 16 2007 17:40 GMT
#390
Heen, I got a question for you regarding Spiritbreaker. Today I was like, after this ~2 month of playing DotA, trying out the heroes I've never had the chance to use before (didn't /random or pick them deliberately yet). One of these heroes were the Spiritbreaker, and I've grown very fond of him I think

But, in the game I played him (didn't read your post before), when I bought BoT, I got trashed by people in the game "Wtf u need BoT for, you get max -ms with Emp. Haste lvl 4 and Charge of Darkness if you have Treads". Any thoughts / comments on that?

And a funny addition, I used a similar build to yours (something like RoR + 2 tangos, later 2 Bracer, BoT -> SnY -> Hyperstone -> BKB). Funny
Complete the cycle!
Hydro Kirby
Profile Joined July 2007
United States7 Posts
August 16 2007 19:55 GMT
#391
Well BoTs is for running faster normally, not to mention the TP.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
August 16 2007 20:05 GMT
#392
On August 17 2007 02:40 Naib wrote:
Heen, I got a question for you regarding Spiritbreaker. Today I was like, after this ~2 month of playing DotA, trying out the heroes I've never had the chance to use before (didn't /random or pick them deliberately yet). One of these heroes were the Spiritbreaker, and I've grown very fond of him I think

But, in the game I played him (didn't read your post before), when I bought BoT, I got trashed by people in the game "Wtf u need BoT for, you get max -ms with Emp. Haste lvl 4 and Charge of Darkness if you have Treads". Any thoughts / comments on that?

And a funny addition, I used a similar build to yours (something like RoR + 2 tangos, later 2 Bracer, BoT -> SnY -> Hyperstone -> BKB). Funny


Yeah...people who say that are noobs who don't realize how the bonus damage is done on SB. The bonus damage is done before the actual hit is landed on hero by SB, so with Charge your first bonus damage is/can be monstrous. With that said, level 4 Charge + BoT+Empowering Haste means you can not only do a big opening hit but it also means you can charge from very close and reach 500+ ms quickly, potentially making SB a very scary ganker.

Personally, I wouldnt even make an SnY and just drop a BKB/MoM on SB, BoTs are more than enough.
Get it by your hands...
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-16 20:11:29
August 16 2007 20:07 GMT
#393
On August 14 2007 05:59 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2007 05:05 Romance_us wrote:
Dota is very overrated.

And yes I have played it extensively, and yes I will beat you unless you take DotA way too seriously, such as Ack1027 with his 30 600+ word posts in this thread.


lol this 16 year old immature fag was one of the people who came into my vent when I was recruiting people.

One of the most selfish dota players, has no sense of team work and spends way more time chatting than actually playing. He was going to play in our first preseason league match, never showed up, so we won handily without him and banned him from vent and channel and told him we lost. He kept apologizing but said we take dota too seriously hahaha.

Let go of the grudge romance you aren't that good at dota.


16 but more mature than you :D

No sense of teamwork? Yea that's why I play IHCS. Home of the dota players with no team work...

There is no grudge, you're just an idiot. Me being good or not at dota is irrelevant. You automatically assume that anything I say towards you has to do with some "grudge" from being kicked off a mediocre dota team. Good try though!

PS: How you handled that situation was beyond any level of immatureness I have ever reached.

I tried to handle this on BNet and then even PM on this site, and you wouldn't respond, but now for some reason you insult me in front of the majority of TL.net. Attention whore or are you just bad at handling your problems?
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
August 16 2007 21:17 GMT
#394
yeah, like using "attention whore" will get you the attention you want or make you any more mature; nice try.
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
August 16 2007 22:28 GMT
#395
Or you could both stfu and not derail the topic.

Thanks.
Moderator
lovetramy
Profile Joined July 2007
Vietnam120 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-16 23:58:45
August 16 2007 23:54 GMT
#396
SB is a fucking cheap hero tbh -_-
with BOT and SnY u have +73 dmg or smthing . free relic !
then u can rape almost everyone 1vs1 . perfect for pubs
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 17 2007 00:29 GMT
#397
On August 17 2007 08:54 lovetramy wrote:
SB is a fucking cheap hero tbh -_-
with BOT and SnY u have +73 dmg or smthing . free relic !
then u can rape almost everyone 1vs1 . perfect for pubs
In -em he's a bitch.

Ack, I'd really love to play with you some time. When are you around and on what gateway? If you don't want to, I'd understand. I'm not huge fan of playing noobs either.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
lovetramy
Profile Joined July 2007
Vietnam120 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-17 00:51:59
August 17 2007 00:39 GMT
#398
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
August 17 2007 01:17 GMT
#399
On August 17 2007 09:29 rpf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2007 08:54 lovetramy wrote:
SB is a fucking cheap hero tbh -_-
with BOT and SnY u have +73 dmg or smthing . free relic !
then u can rape almost everyone 1vs1 . perfect for pubs
In -em he's a bitch.

Ack, I'd really love to play with you some time. When are you around and on what gateway? If you don't want to, I'd understand. I'm not huge fan of playing noobs either.


Well I'll be a college freshman soon and classes start so for the next week or so I'll be moving in/adjusting but I'm usually on like 8PM-Early morning hours EST every night. I play on Azeroth[East] but if you got vent I'm probably on the majority of the day. account: JLIG.Vicious channel: Clan JLIG
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 17 2007 01:43 GMT
#400
Ah, cool, I'm on the same server, around the same time.

/f a himynameisrob
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason98
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1031
ZZZero.O 151
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm95
League of Legends
Doublelift4894
JimRising 620
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7064
Other Games
summit1g10179
FrodaN3145
KnowMe218
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1049
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
34m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 34m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.