• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8810 users

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Emulated! - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 61 62 63 Next
L!MP
Profile Joined March 2003
Australia2067 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-04 01:27:27
July 04 2007 01:07 GMT
#21
holy shit this is huge news. i have sf3 on xbox but unfortunately hardly anyone to play with! i hope this has net capabilities once it's completely done.

edit: just played it. it plays fantastically!!! extremely smooth and no glitches that i could see. very impressed. wasn't expecting csps3 to be cracked and working so soon, considering what all the "expert crackers" were saying.
Morzas
Profile Joined August 2005
United States387 Posts
July 04 2007 01:40 GMT
#22
You can play 3S online if you use MAME.
What has four wheels and flies? Stephen Hawking on LSD!
DukeOfEarl
Profile Joined July 2007
Canada3 Posts
July 06 2007 04:45 GMT
#23
I hate doing this and I wish I didn't have to, but how did you guys get by the "missing files, load aborted" nonsense? I read the readme and the emulator.ini but I'm still not sure. It's probably something to do with the directories as I'm confused by the instructions so likely haven't implemented them properly.

Any help would be appreciated.
CruiseR
Profile Joined November 2004
Poland4014 Posts
July 06 2007 04:47 GMT
#24
haha i remember how Dhalsim was imba in Street Fighter long time ago :D
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-06 07:11:03
July 06 2007 07:05 GMT
#25
On July 06 2007 13:45 DukeOfEarl wrote:
I hate doing this and I wish I didn't have to, but how did you guys get by the "missing files, load aborted" nonsense? I read the readme and the emulator.ini but I'm still not sure. It's probably something to do with the directories as I'm confused by the instructions so likely haven't implemented them properly.

Any help would be appreciated.


Np dude, It took me literally 25 minutes to figure it out.

What you gotta do is DL the sfii3.zip
make a 'rom' directory folder inside the cps3 folder (i think that, that folder has to be in C:\ as well. The .ini file will explain perfectly)
then the .bin file that I posted on page 1 and put that INSIDE the zip.
the change the text in the .ini file to load that zip. should be something like Dir1=c:/cps3/roms/sfii3.zip

make sure you load the right sfiii3 game in the emulator as well.


And there you have it.

PS- Welcome to posting mr. forumlurker
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
DukeOfEarl
Profile Joined July 2007
Canada3 Posts
July 06 2007 08:35 GMT
#26
Thanks a lot, I honestly never would have guessed [because I'm stupid]. And thanks for the welcome, it's a pretty embarassing first post but, uh, it was totally required for my sanity (you probably know how frustrating it is to be so close and yet so far).
HungerForMore
Profile Joined September 2006
Afghanistan420 Posts
July 06 2007 20:07 GMT
#27
so awesome, anyone up for a game? I suck with keyboard though.

Does anyone have any recommendation for good controller to buy for it, I love it.
Savior 4 Life
dropthesky
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Canada285 Posts
July 06 2007 22:19 GMT
#28
go pro, don't get a console controller, get an arcade pad, x-arcade sells the best one, but they are hella expensive I've been contemplating getting one for like a month now.
It Is Not That Impossible Is Unachievable, But Simply That Most People Refuse To Believe Otherwise...
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
July 07 2007 04:06 GMT
#29
I have a few game pads. If you don't get the arcadde joystick model get a gamepad with 3 punch buttons and 3 kicks for your right thumb. Its a pain in the ass trying to do combos and even supers with the L or R buttons on top.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
[X]Ken~D
Profile Joined June 2007
377 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-07 06:20:47
July 07 2007 06:15 GMT
#30
On July 07 2007 07:19 dropthesky wrote:
go pro, don't get a console controller, get an arcade pad, x-arcade sells the best one, but they are hella expensive I've been contemplating getting one for like a month now.


Not sure what is seen as expensive for a joystick, but if you have an existing joystick, you can put real arcade parts into them like mine below. It use convex buttons & a japanese style stick. I think it was probably cost close to $20 for the parts.

[image loading]
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-07 07:55:48
July 07 2007 07:55 GMT
#31
http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/game/575310.html

For Game FAQ, moves, combos, secrets, etc.

I never really liked playing fighting games with the joystick. I could never do the moves with the same accuracy as my thumb on a d-pad. Although I do see the benefits.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
MaNg0
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States675 Posts
July 07 2007 09:19 GMT
#32
On July 07 2007 07:19 dropthesky wrote:
go pro, don't get a console controller, get an arcade pad, x-arcade sells the best one, but they are hella expensive I've been contemplating getting one for like a month now.


no. x-arcade are shit. you can get a HRAP from ebay for the same price but better quality and upgradeable too.

if you're really looking to get a stick look around shoryuken and see what's good for you

http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177
DukeOfEarl
Profile Joined July 2007
Canada3 Posts
July 07 2007 21:14 GMT
#33
I agree re: not preferring joysticks. The timing is different and the feel is less stable imho, but that's likely because I'm just used to home console d-pads with classic Street Fighter. Although that rig Ken pictured is pretty sweet looking...
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
July 08 2007 05:51 GMT
#34
There are actually 2 rom sets for 3s, there's a ~60 mb version and an ~120 mb version. As said in the other thread about cps3 emulation, only the 120 mb version works unless you add the stuff that CharlieMurphy posted into the 60 mb version.

Anyways, the emulator runs basically perfectly, I just notice there is some sorta input lag (probably expected) cause I can't do kara-throws (maybe I just suck -.-z).

If you really like controllers, you can get the xbox360 one or if you prefer a ps2 or something controller then you'll need to buy an adapter.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-08 06:28:18
July 08 2007 06:26 GMT
#35
It's nice to have 3s at home, but I will probably continue to play it almost exclusively at the arcade.

1. I don't have an arcade-style joystick at home, so I can't do any of the moves consistently or even practice for the arcade.

2. (with respect to playing online) I don't like the idea of having latency when I play. In particular, I don't want it to mess up my parry timing, reversal timing, link timing, pressuring someone on wake-up timing, etc. Most notably, red parries (basically, blocking the first half of a combo and then trying to parry in the middle of it) have a window of only 2 or 3 frames to time them correctly.

I'd be willing to give netplay with MAME a try if I had a joystick to use (because maybe the latency won't be as bad as I imagine), but I'm not really motivated to buy a joystick for it.

3s is also more fun to play in-person . (except for that one fag who sometimes shows up...)
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-08 09:00:07
July 08 2007 08:58 GMT
#36
I recommend the Real Arcade Pro I or II for anyone interested in a very good arcade stick with asia style set-up.

some pics

edit: I have 2 of them.
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
July 08 2007 09:01 GMT
#37
^^
w/e
dropthesky
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Canada285 Posts
July 08 2007 09:47 GMT
#38
about not preferring joysticks: its simply a matter of you not being used to it, TRUST ME, i used a console for sf3 for years, and i got pretty good at it, went to the arcade and coulnd't do shit, but if you spend time with a joystick, youll realize using you entire hand rather then your thumb makes you much much faster.
It Is Not That Impossible Is Unachievable, But Simply That Most People Refuse To Believe Otherwise...
Person514cs
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
1004 Posts
July 08 2007 14:50 GMT
#39
I just downloaded the files from CharlieMurphy's link. I got it running and everything but the frame rate is hell of slow. Dont know how to check for sure, but it's like 10 frames. I am using a 3.0 Ghz, 800 ram computer with a onboard ATI on win xp. I don't seem to have too much trouble playing the old counter strike or any thing. Does any one have any ideas of why the emulation of 3rd strike could be so slow.
Peace and love, for ever.
slained
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada966 Posts
July 09 2007 01:28 GMT
#40
are you using nebula? there are alot of problems with the mame one
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 61 62 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39042
Leta 864
Horang2 281
firebathero 193
Trap 159
Zeus 107
Hyun 70
soO 59
ToSsGirL 37
Aegong 24
[ Show more ]
Rock 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8842
Dendi885
XaKoH 292
420jenkins206
Counter-Strike
fl0m4394
Other Games
singsing2097
Beastyqt643
mouzStarbuck330
byalli278
KnowMe223
Hui .177
QueenE83
BRAT_OK 15
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• 3DClanTV 29
• Adnapsc2 12
• Response 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach61
• FirePhoenix14
• Michael_bg 12
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1303
Other Games
• Shiphtur520
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 47m
Patches Events
22h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.