• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:07
CEST 19:07
KST 02:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12379 users

Fire Emblem - Page 21

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 171 Next
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 10 2016 05:10 GMT
#401
I've reached the conclusion that chapter 19 in Conquest is...

uh...

"an experience"
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
March 10 2016 05:22 GMT
#402
On March 10 2016 14:10 Frudgey wrote:
I've reached the conclusion that chapter 19 in Conquest is...

uh...

"an experience"


Yeah I still can't get past it because all my characters are lacking in speed and skill, and leaving a single fox alive during an engagement leads to my stupid characters dying...
im deaf
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 10 2016 05:36 GMT
#403
On March 10 2016 14:22 imBLIND wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2016 14:10 Frudgey wrote:
I've reached the conclusion that chapter 19 in Conquest is...

uh...

"an experience"


Yeah I still can't get past it because all my characters are lacking in speed and skill, and leaving a single fox alive during an engagement leads to my stupid characters dying...

It was actually a cakewalk for me because I have an obsession with Generals (not to mention my Effie has been absolutely amazing) but I 100% see how this is a rage-inducing level.

It's worse than the incorporeal ability that the Ghosts had in Might and Magic 5.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 05:40:06
March 10 2016 05:38 GMT
#404
The dominant strategy is to buy the Beast Killer in the armory and lowman with a high-defense non-horse unit (Camilla's the easiest, but Percy or one of the armor knights also works). Any of those units should have on the order of 30-ish defense by that chapter, and the majority of the foxes don't have enough Strength to damage that without Beastbane. The LoD foxes will damage you but again, you really just have to hope that you don't miss too many times--the Beast Killer should mostly ORKO them as long as you hit. You either heal between engagements while slowly turtling your way across the map or equip Elise with a Physic staff and hide her in a corner.

It's a dumb map that promotes a specific lame strategy and just fucks you over if you're not equipped for it.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 10 2016 05:38 GMT
#405
Sooo...any word on rev release?
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
March 10 2016 05:48 GMT
#406
General Effie is gaining like 5 levels on this chapter everytime before I reset because some dumb fox decided to ohko my stupid elise and prepromotes that I'm trying to level up to lv20 before using the master seal. Which sucks, because a lot of my prepromotes are like lv 17-18 right now and I really want to promote them before the next chapter...

Also, random question, do any of you guys reset a level because your level-ups suck? Lately, my avatar and a couple of my other characters get absolute crap stats when they level up, and now im like ~4-5 points behind in defense or something.
im deaf
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 10 2016 05:52 GMT
#407
On March 10 2016 14:48 imBLIND wrote:
General Effie is gaining like 5 levels on this chapter everytime before I reset because some dumb fox decided to ohko my stupid elise and prepromotes that I'm trying to level up to lv20 before using the master seal. Which sucks, because a lot of my prepromotes are like lv 17-18 right now and I really want to promote them before the next chapter...

Also, random question, do any of you guys reset a level because your level-ups suck? Lately, my avatar and a couple of my other characters get absolute crap stats when they level up, and now im like ~4-5 points behind in defense or something.

Depends on which character and how bad the level ups are, but I'll sometimes reset if I get bad level ups all round the board.

Also it seems like your characters are really low at that point or maybe my team is just farther ahead the bell curve in experience. I did under man my team a little.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 09:36:25
March 10 2016 05:58 GMT
#408
Usually you want to be promoting your team around Ch. 16/17. If you haven't, it's probably worth just promoting them now and losing the 1-2 levels endgame than to try and slog it out with unpromoted units. You're unlikely to hit 20/20 if you still aren't promoted so losing 2 endgame levels won't really change much.
Moderator
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 14:20:29
March 10 2016 14:18 GMT
#409
Google has gotten me nowhere, anyone in Europe who has found a shop that offers the Special Edition? my local retailers only sell the seperate ones. Even Amazon doesn't have it.

There is also a special edition 3DSXL, since I already have one I am obviously not buying that one, the cover plates look real nice though and I kinda want to buy them, haven't seen any oppertunity to do that either.
WriterXiao8~~
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 10 2016 16:48 GMT
#410
Chapter 16 is just a map that doesn't look very hard, but looks so incredibly annoying that I just don't want to do it. Fucking ninjas.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 10 2016 17:02 GMT
#411
On March 11 2016 01:48 deth2munkies wrote:
Chapter 16 is just a map that doesn't look very hard, but looks so incredibly annoying that I just don't want to do it. Fucking ninjas.

Just wait for 25....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 10 2016 17:06 GMT
#412
The ninja hell map on all 3 routes is bad. The Conquest one seems less bad on the surface because it ostensibly has a turtle disincentive, until you realize Saizo's AI can be manipulated with the DVs.

Also, Kotaro is an asshole.
Moderator
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 17:29:55
March 10 2016 17:22 GMT
#413
I just let Saizo die because he somehow got infront of my Effie right at the middle pack of like 4 master ninjas/samurais.

After that I used Kaze to clear out the traps as I moved forward. I hated that map so much I took it as slow at possible. i think I did like a 30 turn map for it lol.

One of the biggest issues I ran into around this point in my Conquest run was that my Effie had so much defense (I went general with her) is that enemies would not move in to attack her anymore because they did zero damage even with the shuriken -def. Was frustrating that my tank, wasn't really tanking anything because the enemies just kinda did nothing to her.

edit: I am doing another birthright casual run through for support and using no royals for damage (no Hinoka, Takumi, or Ryoma to attack, but can use for pair up if needed. Sakura is staff bot only). I am using Rinkah and wow she has terrible str/mag growth this run. She got promoted at level 20 with 9 str and 4 mag. Thankfully she has Seal Resistance so I fed her some +mag stuff and she can kill things pretty easily that way. Paired with Subaki for speed/def/res so she is tanky and can double most enemies. Horse spirit + bolt axe to clear the way!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 17:30:27
March 10 2016 17:28 GMT
#414
Keeping Saizo alive grants a Speedwing, which is pretty valuable at that point in the game.

On March 11 2016 02:22 Alventenie wrote:
One of the biggest issues I ran into around this point in my Conquest run was that my Effie had so much defense (I went general with her) is that enemies would not move in to attack her anymore because they did zero damage even with the shuriken -def. Was frustrating that my tank, wasn't really tanking anything because the enemies just kinda did nothing to her.

General giving superfluously high Defense is one of the reasons why she's much better as a Great Knight, others being that 7 Mov is much better than 5, and her Speed growth being good enough on average that Wary Fighter is a useless skill (Berserker Arthur or Keaton pair-up put her comfortably in the "can't be doubled" speed range) while Luna is quite good.
Moderator
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 17:41:04
March 10 2016 17:37 GMT
#415
Oh a freaking speedwing... Crap I would have tried harder to keep him alive, but the dude kept stealing exp from the people I wanted to promote.

Also this game really messes with my expectation with treasure thieves. It seems like half or most maps don't have treasure thieves. On that map and others I move my army toward treasure chests worrying about thieves because in previous FE games every map with a chest would have thieves. In the Saizo map every ninja unit could open chests though none of them tried to, but it's still ingrained in my head that a thief will show up and steal the loot.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 10 2016 17:50 GMT
#416
A lot of maps in Conquest that are merely average could have been good or great with better turtling disincentives. It's probably one of the more noticeable shortcomings in the otherwise great map design.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 10 2016 18:21 GMT
#417
On March 11 2016 02:28 TheYango wrote:
Keeping Saizo alive grants a Speedwing, which is pretty valuable at that point in the game.

Yango your truth bombs are killing me. Granted I'm not sure how I would have kept Saizo alive, but I didn't make an effort to do so.

Next you're going to tell me that if I use eight mounted units in my party then I get access to like three brave lances or something.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 18:31:30
March 10 2016 18:28 GMT
#418
You either go fast, which is excruciating on that map, or you cheese it by flipping the DVs to screw with his AI.

It's pretty disappointing that screwing with Saizo's AI is a more practical use of the DV on that level than the intended use of blocking off enemies (which happens incidentally anyway).
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-10 18:40:05
March 10 2016 18:33 GMT
#419
Well the nice thing about going slow on that map was that I was able to distribute my experience evenly and not have any headaches.

I should have tried screwing around with the A.I., however.

I feel that they were on the right idea regarding the Dragon Veins, but I feel that sometimes they didn't fully thing about unintended consequences of what you could do with Dragon Veins. To be fair though, I think it would be hard to do so. Or rather, in some cases they couldn't do anything about it except remove the Dragon Vein.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
March 10 2016 18:50 GMT
#420
Wary Fighter has a very useful niche in that she doesn't care about - speed debuffs, and won't get enough speed to double units after a while in conquest anyways. She can also use the javelin and steel weapons without suffering from the drawback, while a lot of units will still give her trouble if she took -5 speed.

Not having mounted weakness is also quite valuable in various parts of the game. I would only use her as a general if you can afford a permanent +Mov pair up with her, and/or take early boots from the ship level.

I rushed the ninja hell map myself, as there was no way to survive realistically without using the DV for blocking specifically. Having Niles promoted by this chapter is very useful, as he was able to clear the entire East side of Ninjas on Enemy Phase with Effie Support and Camila parked next to him. Memorizing the reinforcement trigger points is probably the most important part of this map.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM949
TKL 398
IndyStarCraft 276
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 949
ByuN 438
TKL 398
IndyStarCraft 276
BRAT_OK 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48724
Calm 3057
Bisu 1426
FanTaSy 466
firebathero 153
actioN 152
Sea.KH 52
Free 40
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 27
[ Show more ]
Pusan 25
Rock 23
Aegong 20
soO 19
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9075
Dendi1170
League of Legends
Reynor278
Counter-Strike
fl0m4973
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu75
MindelVK13
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1944
singsing1797
FrodaN904
B2W.Neo764
Beastyqt687
Khaldor509
olofmeister481
Mlord476
KnowMe294
crisheroes206
Livibee117
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick198
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 26
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach50
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV544
League of Legends
• Nemesis3100
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1481
Other Games
• Shiphtur714
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 54m
OSC
5h 54m
Replay Cast
5h 54m
OSC
18h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.