• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:35
CEST 21:35
KST 04:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9401 users

Fire Emblem - Page 157

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 171 Next
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
August 13 2019 20:17 GMT
#3121
On August 13 2019 22:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Just finished my first playthrough (Golden Deer). I really, really liked the game overall. One slight critique: given how many interesting things there were during the first half, I found that the second half dragged a bit with not as much to do (especially with the disappearance of characters). I ended up over-leveling my characters during the first half of the game, so I just one-shotted everything with Steel weapons, which means I never really explored the strong weapons, nor the Battalions. I think I'm going to do a second playthrough using Blue Lions to see how much I enjoy playing the NG+ version and the different storyline. Then if I'm still having fun, I'll do the two Black Eagles routes.


You miiiight want to space the two Black Eagle routes (or just save before the route split if you don't care about the metaprogression or want to try something different). Playing Part 1 four times is bad enough without playing it twice in a row with basically the same characters.

The other possibility is to just treat the last playthrough as a "take all your favorites and go bonkers playthrough" if you do decide to go that route. Just make sure to recruit Ashe so that you can get do the one of the most rewarding paralogues (+1 move consumable) in the game with Ashe/Catherine, as I think you miss the deadline if you try to wait until you can recruit Catherine in one of the routes (and you can't in the other).
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
August 13 2019 21:15 GMT
#3122
On August 14 2019 05:17 TheTenthDoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2019 22:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Just finished my first playthrough (Golden Deer). I really, really liked the game overall. One slight critique: given how many interesting things there were during the first half, I found that the second half dragged a bit with not as much to do (especially with the disappearance of characters). I ended up over-leveling my characters during the first half of the game, so I just one-shotted everything with Steel weapons, which means I never really explored the strong weapons, nor the Battalions. I think I'm going to do a second playthrough using Blue Lions to see how much I enjoy playing the NG+ version and the different storyline. Then if I'm still having fun, I'll do the two Black Eagles routes.


You miiiight want to space the two Black Eagle routes (or just save before the route split if you don't care about the metaprogression or want to try something different). Playing Part 1 four times is bad enough without playing it twice in a row with basically the same characters.

The other possibility is to just treat the last playthrough as a "take all your favorites and go bonkers playthrough" if you do decide to go that route. Just make sure to recruit Ashe so that you can get do the one of the most rewarding paralogues (+1 move consumable) in the game with Ashe/Catherine, as I think you miss the deadline if you try to wait until you can recruit Catherine in one of the routes (and you can't in the other).



This is my plan. Started with Black Eagles, now doing Deers. Lions up next and then for the other BE route I'm gonna do an all-star run.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46510 Posts
August 13 2019 21:15 GMT
#3123
On August 14 2019 05:17 TheTenthDoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2019 22:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Just finished my first playthrough (Golden Deer). I really, really liked the game overall. One slight critique: given how many interesting things there were during the first half, I found that the second half dragged a bit with not as much to do (especially with the disappearance of characters). I ended up over-leveling my characters during the first half of the game, so I just one-shotted everything with Steel weapons, which means I never really explored the strong weapons, nor the Battalions. I think I'm going to do a second playthrough using Blue Lions to see how much I enjoy playing the NG+ version and the different storyline. Then if I'm still having fun, I'll do the two Black Eagles routes.


You miiiight want to space the two Black Eagle routes (or just save before the route split if you don't care about the metaprogression or want to try something different). Playing Part 1 four times is bad enough without playing it twice in a row with basically the same characters.

The other possibility is to just treat the last playthrough as a "take all your favorites and go bonkers playthrough" if you do decide to go that route. Just make sure to recruit Ashe so that you can get do the one of the most rewarding paralogues (+1 move consumable) in the game with Ashe/Catherine, as I think you miss the deadline if you try to wait until you can recruit Catherine in one of the routes (and you can't in the other).


Understood; thanks for the tips!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-13 21:37:46
August 13 2019 21:36 GMT
#3124
Eagles also inherently makes sense for a "full recruitment" run because there are 2 Eagles characters with time-gated B supports, whereas there's only one non-Eagles characters that does this (Leonie, who is easy to recruit anyway since she requires Strength + Lance). Caspar and Ferdinand are annoying to recruit on the other routes because they can't be raised to B support in time for the timeskip, meaning you're basically forced to get D+ Heavy Armor/Brawling to recruit them on other routes.

This was probably intentional, since Eagles inherently has a roster split thanks to the route split, so making it easier for them to get characters from other houses makes sense.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 13 2019 23:31 GMT
#3125
On August 14 2019 06:36 TheYango wrote:
Eagles also inherently makes sense for a "full recruitment" run because there are 2 Eagles characters with time-gated B supports, whereas there's only one non-Eagles characters that does this (Leonie, who is easy to recruit anyway since she requires Strength + Lance). Caspar and Ferdinand are annoying to recruit on the other routes because they can't be raised to B support in time for the timeskip, meaning you're basically forced to get D+ Heavy Armor/Brawling to recruit them on other routes.

This was probably intentional, since Eagles inherently has a roster split thanks to the route split, so making it easier for them to get characters from other houses makes sense.

Not to mention male byleth recruits leonie for free
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-14 00:10:48
August 14 2019 00:09 GMT
#3126
It's just better to play F!Byleth to get Sylvain though. Leonie's recruit requirements are way easier, and Sylvain's paralogue is very rewarding to do early (Leonie's isn't until after the timeskip) and Pegasus/Falco are better than any of the male exclusive classes.

For the 3rd time in a row, female avatar is just better than male avatar.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
August 14 2019 01:49 GMT
#3127
is there a limit to recruiting? Beyond just not being able to meet everyone's requirements I mean. If there's a limited number of spots (which I assumed, idk why really) I want to go for a few specific chars I like. But if not then I feel like I should be trying to recruit everyone that I can reasonably meet the demands of, even if I never end up using them lol.

Tangentially related, I hope checking every nook and cranny for pickups during each Explore day isn't extremely beneficial, because I've already not been doing that and don't plan to lol. I like the Explore stuff when I can make a quick workflow out of it, but I really don't want to run around paying attention to every single corner of the monastery once a week.

Game's sick so far by the way though, I really like the new approach to weapon skills and magic. And reclassing. It's a bit more work and planning but the added flexibility just feels more rewarding and interesting.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 14 2019 01:54 GMT
#3128
On August 14 2019 10:49 Duka08 wrote:
is there a limit to recruiting? Beyond just not being able to meet everyone's requirements I mean. If there's a limited number of spots (which I assumed, idk why really) I want to go for a few specific chars I like. But if not then I feel like I should be trying to recruit everyone that I can reasonably meet the demands of, even if I never end up using them lol.

Tangentially related, I hope checking every nook and cranny for pickups during each Explore day isn't extremely beneficial, because I've already not been doing that and don't plan to lol. I like the Explore stuff when I can make a quick workflow out of it, but I really don't want to run around paying attention to every single corner of the monastery once a week.

Game's sick so far by the way though, I really like the new approach to weapon skills and magic. And reclassing. It's a bit more work and planning but the added flexibility just feels more rewarding and interesting.


My current playthrough, I almost have everyone recruited by month 4 (NG+++ though). There are some I can't recruit due to time gated stuff, but I intend to recruit everyone except the people that cannot be recruited at all regardless of what you do.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-14 02:02:39
August 14 2019 02:00 GMT
#3129
On August 14 2019 10:54 Alventenie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2019 10:49 Duka08 wrote:
is there a limit to recruiting? Beyond just not being able to meet everyone's requirements I mean. If there's a limited number of spots (which I assumed, idk why really) I want to go for a few specific chars I like. But if not then I feel like I should be trying to recruit everyone that I can reasonably meet the demands of, even if I never end up using them lol.

Tangentially related, I hope checking every nook and cranny for pickups during each Explore day isn't extremely beneficial, because I've already not been doing that and don't plan to lol. I like the Explore stuff when I can make a quick workflow out of it, but I really don't want to run around paying attention to every single corner of the monastery once a week.

Game's sick so far by the way though, I really like the new approach to weapon skills and magic. And reclassing. It's a bit more work and planning but the added flexibility just feels more rewarding and interesting.


My current playthrough, I almost have everyone recruited by month 4 (NG+++ though). There are some I can't recruit due to time gated stuff, but I intend to recruit everyone except the people that cannot be recruited at all regardless of what you do.

So definitely no limit then. What rolls over to NG+? Are your stats already juiced so requirements are easy, or do you just mean you knew what you were doing and how to nab everyone efficiently lol

I don't have a strong desire to go crazy getting everyone possible, since I'll probably play each route and want to save some of those characters and their stories for their own playthrough. But just a couple, especially if there's any slots I have currently filled by characters I don't really care for lol
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 14 2019 03:35 GMT
#3130
Saint Statue progress, renown, battalions, and unlocked shops are carried over in NG+. Additional things can be purchased with renown as you see fit.
Moderator
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 14 2019 03:49 GMT
#3131
Unlocked shops do not carry over afaik. You still have to do the missions to unlock them (they are actual quests to go do battle). However the gear/items from the regular shops have their full inventory that carry over to NG+. Everything else listed you carry over (Renown/Statue progress/battalions in barracks).
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
August 14 2019 05:29 GMT
#3132
Can confirm. Shops don't carry over. Main shops start with full inventory, but Anna and the Dark Shop guy don't appear when you start over right at first.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-14 15:28:34
August 14 2019 15:23 GMT
#3133
For reference, the things you can purchase with renown (the renown also carries over into NG+) in a NG+ are:

1) Professor level
2) Skill levels (for every character, up to levels you've reached on past playthroughs)
3) Support levels (*only* between Byleth and others, I believe, and only up to supports you've reached on past playthroughs)
4) "Signs" a.k.a. non-equippable inventory items that basically confer a crest bonus; many of these unlock for free in a NG+, but many need to be bought
5) Abilities/combat arts from classes a character has mastered in past playthroughs

I might be missing one.

Note that having statue bonuses from Day 1, particularly the general exp bonus, makes the game as a whole a lot easier, especially if you didn't waste renown on the +max stats statue option.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
August 15 2019 17:59 GMT
#3134
I'm not far in the game yet, still part 1 due to not much gaming time nowadays, but I just recruited a Swordmaster Catherine and Sniper Shamir at the same time and now every single mission seems completely trivial?
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46510 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-15 18:50:36
August 15 2019 18:38 GMT
#3135
On August 16 2019 02:59 Laurens wrote:
I'm not far in the game yet, still part 1 due to not much gaming time nowadays, but I just recruited a Swordmaster Catherine and Sniper Shamir at the same time and now every single mission seems completely trivial?


Yeah pretty much. Depending on how leveled they are, Byleth, Catherine, and a few others can literally solo missions. Sometimes I removed the OP heroes from missions all together, and other times I would attach a low-level hero to them just so the low-level hero could get experience faster.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
August 15 2019 19:08 GMT
#3136
Catherine has monstrous growths in strength and speed, and pretty good growth in Dex. Stack that with the benefits of a pretty damn good growth class other characters can't access until level 20 and you get a monster. Her only downsides are that she doesn't have a great master class (like any sword user in this game *grumble grumble*) and her personal ability is pointless since any decent Battalion outclasses it after a week of leadership training but those are small prices to pay.

Shamir has good enough growths in a different advanced class, and can easily promote to Bow Knight so she has an actual endgame option if you want to keep Bowfaire.

There is the support element (they don't support *that* many students or good students, depending on house; Catherine does get an A+ with Dimitri though) but they still both get A rank with Byleth and A+ with each other. They also might join at lower levels than your students, but their stats will still probably be better.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
August 15 2019 19:52 GMT
#3137
Yeah I was planning to make all of my Swordmasters Mortal Savants because what else can you do with them :shrug:
If that's a terrible idea, do tell me.
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-15 21:07:39
August 15 2019 21:06 GMT
#3138
On August 16 2019 04:52 Laurens wrote:
Yeah I was planning to make all of my Swordmasters Mortal Savants because what else can you do with them :shrug:
If that's a terrible idea, do tell me.


It's not a terrible idea, the growths are just frustrating. Mortal Savant has a -10% speed growth penalty (literally as much as Fortress Knights!) for...some reason compared to Swordmaster's +20%. Because of how the game works and how few level-ups you will spend in Master Classes it won't meaningfully affect the game and the +movement is likely worth it.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-15 21:28:29
August 15 2019 21:25 GMT
#3139
On August 16 2019 04:52 Laurens wrote:
Yeah I was planning to make all of my Swordmasters Mortal Savants because what else can you do with them :shrug:
If that's a terrible idea, do tell me.


Master classes aren't so much stronger than advanced to make it worth training Catherine in magic. Give her a Levin sword to cut through heavy armor, and class her to assassin (bow rank training) for +1 move as an end game character. If you get her really really early on in playthrough though you can route her to lance/flying for peg knight (small loss in overall stats for faster skill growth in lance/flying) -> falco knight. Since she already has A rank swords, you literally just push lance/flying the entire game you have her, and once falco you switch to solo authority to get higher battalions (C/B rank ones are pretty insane anyway).

Since her magic growth is weak, you actually spend similar times making her a mortal savant compared to getting her into a flying class. It's likely you would get falcoknight very shortly after when you would get mortal savant, and you don't lose nearly as much speed growth, have +1 more move, and access to both lance/sword compared to sword/magic. She gets okay offensive magic, but overall you can use any magic sword to handle heavy armor that are against her.

edit: I didnt realize you said all swordmasters. I would really only make some of them mortal savants if they have the magic to back it up. Otherwise you have a mortal savant who is like 30-35 str for phys offense, and 15-20 magic for magical offense, which means you are just using magic for heavy armor units anyway, so giving your swordmasters just a levin sword is as efficient as training Reason to A rank for the master class.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-15 22:51:13
August 15 2019 22:21 GMT
#3140
Honestly if you want a 6 mov sword class you should just go Assassin. Bows are a more practical 1-2 range option for characters with low Mag.

That said, as Alventenie said, you can just go Falcon Knight.

EDIT:

Master classes aren't so much stronger than advanced to make it worth training Catherine in magic.

People say this, but it's not really true. It's just Mortal Savant and War Master that are bad, and people extrapolate those out to the other Master Classes, when the rest are significantly better than their Advanced counterparts. Wyvern Lord is a straight upgrade from Wyvern Rider. Bow Knight is a straight upgrade from Sniper. Great Knight is a straight upgrade from Fortress Knight. Dark Knight/Holy Knight/Gremory aren't straight upgrades but in practice there really isn't any character who needs both Tomefaire and Uses x2 (if you have good high rank magic, you don't need Tomefaire because the high-rank magics are all powerful enough to not need extra Mt, and if you don't have good high rank magic you don't need Uses x2 because all the low rank magics have more than enough uses) so you'd always rather have the higher Mov.
Moderator
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O65
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 252
JuggernautJason95
BRAT_OK 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 881
Shuttle 538
Zeus 95
ZZZero.O 65
soO 45
Hyun 42
ToSsGirL 29
scan(afreeca) 27
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
qojqva2201
canceldota35
Counter-Strike
fl0m5558
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3677
Liquid`Hasu588
Other Games
summit1g1240
FrodaN1085
KnowMe328
420jenkins268
Pyrionflax176
ToD170
Livibee161
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 85
• 3DClanTV 64
• Adnapsc2 17
• Hupsaiya 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach91
• blackmanpl 17
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2161
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 25m
Patches Events
19h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 25m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.