• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8828 users

Fire Emblem - Page 155

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 171 Next
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 06 2019 16:23 GMT
#3081
On August 06 2019 22:46 Frudgey wrote:
I just want to say that, after playing some Three Houses and then reading what everyone has been saying here, I'm a little intimidated.

I thought I had a handle on the game but I feel like you guys are talking about a meta game that is several leagues above my level of comprehension.


Don't feel intimidated, there are a lot of ways to play the game and while some might end up with super units, they are totally not needed to beat the game.

On my first 2 playthroughs I used most of the students out of the house I picked, and some of them really fall off towards late game, but still are able to contribute.

The biggest thing I would say that helps is just to plan characters out for most of the game. Like for M Byleth on my second playthrough, I wanted him to be a Holy Knight by the end of the game, so I spent my time working his weapon skills to that most of the game and picking classes along the way that fit that.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-06 16:43:03
August 06 2019 16:40 GMT
#3082
On August 06 2019 22:46 Frudgey wrote:
I just want to say that, after playing some Three Houses and then reading what everyone has been saying here, I'm a little intimidated.

I thought I had a handle on the game but I feel like you guys are talking about a meta game that is several leagues above my level of comprehension.

But Frudgey, you can finally live your all-Armor Knights dream.

On August 07 2019 00:22 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2019 17:24 TheYango wrote:
On August 06 2019 15:18 Cricketer12 wrote:
Wait he's an actual trainee? I saw a spreadsheet when the leaks hit that showed his growths as 5-15% across the board

His personal is Aptitude, and he comes understatted for his join time.

Well shit I fucked up 🤣

Yeah I saw his growths on Serenes and thought he was a meme unit, then I recruited him and saw his personal.

It still just adds up to normal-ish growths in total, but his proficiencies are so good that a normal-growths unit with them seems worth it.

It might turn out that enemy stat inflation on Lunatic makes him bad, but at least on Hard he seems reasonable.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 06 2019 22:17 GMT
#3083
On August 07 2019 01:40 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2019 22:46 Frudgey wrote:
I just want to say that, after playing some Three Houses and then reading what everyone has been saying here, I'm a little intimidated.

I thought I had a handle on the game but I feel like you guys are talking about a meta game that is several leagues above my level of comprehension.

But Frudgey, you can finally live your all-Armor Knights dream.

Show nested quote +
On August 07 2019 00:22 Cricketer12 wrote:
On August 06 2019 17:24 TheYango wrote:
On August 06 2019 15:18 Cricketer12 wrote:
Wait he's an actual trainee? I saw a spreadsheet when the leaks hit that showed his growths as 5-15% across the board

His personal is Aptitude, and he comes understatted for his join time.

Well shit I fucked up 🤣

Yeah I saw his growths on Serenes and thought he was a meme unit, then I recruited him and saw his personal.

It still just adds up to normal-ish growths in total, but his proficiencies are so good that a normal-growths unit with them seems worth it.

It might turn out that enemy stat inflation on Lunatic makes him bad, but at least on Hard he seems reasonable.

Yeah I'm really curious how they intend on balancing lunatic, even if it's simply stat inflation how much will monastery/paralogue grinding be assumed to be completed to have a decent chance at beating any given level.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 06 2019 22:20 GMT
#3084
Or on the flip side, how much Warp/Dance/Stride-skipping will be assumed for the more tedious levels.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 07 2019 03:09 GMT
#3085
Hey you guys are smart, are Seminars worth it? Most of my spare time has been spent between battles and exploring.

Also, I didn't realize that the armor knights needed to be trained in AXES instead of LANCES. My plans for armor knight domination have been delayed because of this.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 07 2019 03:26 GMT
#3086
Seminars lose value the higher your professor level goes since you can do more full motivation to students with explore than the max 6 a seminar can do.

They give a little higher weapon rank of the 2 things, but personally if you are using it to rank Byleth up, you get more out of explore, and you can get more students fully motivated so you can train more than a seminar can, even if not quite as much weapon rank.

I generally use seminars late game as ways to quickly pass weeks once my characters are at their highest class and I am lazy.
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
August 07 2019 03:34 GMT
#3087
Seminars seemed very meh. You get so much out of rushing higher professor levels (more adjutants, more instruction periods, even more battle points if you need to blaze through paralogues/quest battles), and it felt like more than half of my xp for professor levels came from Explore (and I didn't even fish). If they gave full motivation or support points between everyone attending, I might be more inclined, but as is...I only used them once I got really lazy and was tired of choir -> train in a few skills -> shove food into everyone's mouths.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-07 07:37:30
August 07 2019 06:30 GMT
#3088
Seminars have value in LTC, due to the fact that professor level becomes significantly less important when you're deliberately choosing not to do paralogues, and getting more explore points and getting C+ professor level to get 2 battles per free day become irrelevant benefits. You also don't need as much motivation to sustain your party since if you're never battling, there's never a week where you gain 0 motivation.

In normal, casual play, I think seminars are essentially worthless. At low professor level, you want to be exploring as much as possible in order to hit C+ professor level at the absolute earliest possible point in the game. And when you are using the battle option and have a lot of lesson points from high professor level, it becomes basically impossible to sustain motivation unless you're exploring between battles.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 07 2019 13:57 GMT
#3089
I didn't realize you wanted to hit a C+ Professor level as quickly as possible, though it makes a lot of sense. Do you guys explore until to reach the C+ Professor level? That is, do nothing else but explore?

In any case thanks for the answers. I have questions about party rosters but I think I'll wait a bit before asking. Right now I'm pretty content to go in blind.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
August 07 2019 14:57 GMT
#3090
On August 07 2019 22:57 Frudgey wrote:
I didn't realize you wanted to hit a C+ Professor level as quickly as possible, though it makes a lot of sense. Do you guys explore until to reach the C+ Professor level? That is, do nothing else but explore?

In any case thanks for the answers. I have questions about party rosters but I think I'll wait a bit before asking. Right now I'm pretty content to go in blind.


I do Explore but throw in the occasional set of Missions from time to time, because I like to complete those mission quests and level up my party overall, even if they're auxiliary quests.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-08 01:42:59
August 07 2019 18:24 GMT
#3091
On August 07 2019 15:30 TheYango wrote:
Seminars have value in LTC, due to the fact that professor level becomes significantly less important when you're deliberately choosing not to do paralogues, and getting more explore points and getting C+ professor level to get 2 battles per free day become irrelevant benefits. You also don't need as much motivation to sustain your party since if you're never battling, there's never a week where you gain 0 motivation.

In normal, casual play, I think seminars are essentially worthless. At low professor level, you want to be exploring as much as possible in order to hit C+ professor level at the absolute earliest possible point in the game. And when you are using the battle option and have a lot of lesson points from high professor level, it becomes basically impossible to sustain motivation unless you're exploring between battles.

Pretty much this. I really dislike the monastery exploration and grinding stuff cuz I'm not a rpg fan by nature. So seminars were a nice way of quickly doing a little bit if not much.

Unrelated note but holy shit brave bow claude is insane
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 08 2019 17:53 GMT
#3092
I definitely need to be more diligent about stealables next playthrough. Just learned that "equipped" accessories like shields and rings are still stealable, even if you wouldn't expect them to be.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-08 18:42:22
August 08 2019 18:42 GMT
#3093
On August 09 2019 02:53 TheYango wrote:
I definitely need to be more diligent about stealables next playthrough. Just learned that "equipped" accessories like shields and rings are still stealable, even if you wouldn't expect them to be.

Yeah i don't have a thief but i've noticed that. Guess I'll be using ashe on my BL run
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 08 2019 19:50 GMT
#3094
I trained Catherine up to C Bows so she could go Assassin as a quick-and-dirty way to get +1 Mov and 1-2 range.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-08 22:09:41
August 08 2019 22:08 GMT
#3095
On August 09 2019 04:50 TheYango wrote:
I trained Catherine up to C Bows so she could go Assassin as a quick-and-dirty way to get +1 Mov and 1-2 range.

Sounds like that makes way more sense than trying to make her into a falcon knight...
There's a youtuber on blue who recruited ignatz and made him an assassin. Never seen anything so beautiful.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 09 2019 00:05 GMT
#3096
On August 09 2019 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2019 04:50 TheYango wrote:
I trained Catherine up to C Bows so she could go Assassin as a quick-and-dirty way to get +1 Mov and 1-2 range.

Sounds like that makes way more sense than trying to make her into a falcon knight...
There's a youtuber on blue who recruited ignatz and made him an assassin. Never seen anything so beautiful.


I ran Catherine as falco in my 2nd playthrough (1st playthrough I did a really dumb thing of pushing her for mortal savant, lol grinding all of her garbage magic skill growths). Its not as bad as it sounds since you can get peg knight super quick, and its only like -2 overall stats for her compared to staying at an advanced class. Falco takes a bit longer, but imo is way better in the long run than just going for Assassin and sticking there (even though this is still good and you can take this class to the end game with Catherines' stats).

I've been just trying what most classes are recommended growths are or flipping their 3 star growth things and do something with that.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-09 05:29:04
August 09 2019 05:25 GMT
#3097
I've mostly just been looking for a line to put everyone into a mounted master class, with the main exception of Warpers who benefit from Gremory's White Magic Uses x2. The game's low difficulty, coupled with free action dismounting and super-Canto just make this game one of the most mount-dominant FE's in the series, even in spite of the various nerfs to mounts (needing to train riding skill, increased terrain penalties for non-flying mounts, reduced movement for flying mounts).

Putting Catherine into a 7+ Mov mounted class is definitely a reasonable choice for long-term, I just didn't plan it out super well on my first playthrough.
Moderator
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-09 15:20:55
August 09 2019 15:14 GMT
#3098
I wish there was a mounted fist class. Between Battalions and Fistfaire the 4x scaling on the things is absolutely nuts; I've seen Catherine hit for more than 100 damage with fists pre-timeskip even without Fistfaire. And I really love the idea of someone punching enemies from atop a pegasus/wyvern/horse.

I just wish Catherine and (more notably) Byleth could plausibly hit War Master. Training axes for Byleth is awful, and brawl isn't that much better even with the natural talent.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-11 12:27:06
August 09 2019 16:39 GMT
#3099
On August 10 2019 00:14 TheTenthDoc wrote:
I wish there was a mounted fist class. Between Battalions and Fistfaire the 4x scaling on the things is absolutely nuts; I've seen Catherine hit for more than 100 damage with fists pre-timeskip even without Fistfaire. And I really love the idea of someone punching enemies from atop a pegasus/wyvern/horse.

I just wish Catherine and (more notably) Byleth could plausibly hit War Master. Training axes for Byleth is awful, and brawl isn't that much better even with the natural talent.

IS just doesnt want us having fun
I will say Raph gets really silly real fast. 26x2 100 hit 45 crit is the craziest standard ive ever seen. And 6 move isnt the worst
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
August 11 2019 13:20 GMT
#3100
man this game is so fucking good

The fledged out characters is something i'm truly in love with, everyone is so distinct and believable, the story is pretty cool & it has kept me on the edge of my sit.

i really think this game is fucking fantastic
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O153
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 486
Hyun 157
ZZZero.O 157
Dota 2
monkeys_forever398
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3912
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
summit1g14655
FrodaN1520
JimRising 418
KnowMe217
Livibee208
ViBE114
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV132
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Adnapsc2 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1260
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur570
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 40m
Patches Events
15h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.