• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8862 users

Fire Emblem - Page 154

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 171 Next
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-05 17:23:59
August 05 2019 17:23 GMT
#3061
Well, Catherine isn't available to everyone. I found that out the hard way after spending a ton of time feeding her and Cyril. + Show Spoiler +
Black Eagle -> Edelgard locks her off (with Black Eagle -> Church only being able to recruit her late in Part 1). You get some awesome dialogue with Shamir attacking her, though.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 05 2019 17:48 GMT
#3062
On August 06 2019 02:23 TheTenthDoc wrote:
Well, Catherine isn't available to everyone. I found that out the hard way after spending a ton of time feeding her and Cyril. + Show Spoiler +
Black Eagle -> Edelgard locks her off (with Black Eagle -> Church only being able to recruit her late in Part 1). You get some awesome dialogue with Shamir attacking her, though.



+ Show Spoiler +
Well I wasn't fully aware of that, I just started Black Eagles and was wondering how some things would shape up as they don't make sense if you pick Edelgard (such as those fully loyal to Rhea). Guess I spoiled myself lol.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
August 05 2019 18:28 GMT
#3063
On August 06 2019 02:23 TheTenthDoc wrote:
Well, Catherine isn't available to everyone. I found that out the hard way after spending a ton of time feeding her and Cyril. + Show Spoiler +
Black Eagle -> Edelgard locks her off (with Black Eagle -> Church only being able to recruit her late in Part 1). You get some awesome dialogue with Shamir attacking her, though.


+ Show Spoiler +
That's unfortunate! Catherine was my first recruit... she joined me for basically free, despite me focusing on some students to recruit... but I'm Golden Deer.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
August 05 2019 20:14 GMT
#3064
I know that increasing the support between you and students to level B allows you to recruit them for free (without increasing skill grades), but what is the virtue of increasing the support between you and the faculty? Does it increase your skill experience when you train with them? Anything else?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-05 21:36:48
August 05 2019 21:33 GMT
#3065
On August 05 2019 17:29 TheYango wrote:
Catherine is really, really good.

Though personally, my hot take is that Claude is easily the best unit in the game.

This is all factual. Also shoutout to Felix and Lysithea, at least from my run 🤷
The thing with catherine is she's still as good as the rest of your team even if she's 10 levels lower...which also makes leveling her up super quick...she's pretty nutty
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 05 2019 21:34 GMT
#3066
On August 06 2019 05:14 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I know that increasing the support between you and students to level B allows you to recruit them for free (without increasing skill grades), but what is the virtue of increasing the support between you and the faculty? Does it increase your skill experience when you train with them? Anything else?

S support cg images because fe is nothing if not a waifu sim...
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 05 2019 23:04 GMT
#3067
As someone who hates using trainee characters, Cyril might actually be one of the most reasonable trainees that IS has made. His bases aren't hopeless for when you get him, and his fantastic proficiency spread (Lance/Axe/Riding/Flying, with base C+ Axe and C+ Bow) gives you a reason to use him beyond just "lol high growths".
Moderator
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
August 05 2019 23:15 GMT
#3068
I'm almost through with my first play through + Show Spoiler +
(BE -> Church)
and I'm feeling pretty stupid that I've never used Catherine in a fight. She's just been Adjucating the whole time and I gave her sword to my Mortal Savant Petra.

Am I bad at FE?
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 05 2019 23:49 GMT
#3069
On August 06 2019 08:15 Terranasaur wrote:
I'm almost through with my first play through + Show Spoiler +
(BE -> Church)
and I'm feeling pretty stupid that I've never used Catherine in a fight. She's just been Adjucating the whole time and I gave her sword to my Mortal Savant Petra.

Am I bad at FE?


Nope! On each route I have been trying to find other characters to use to see how they do. Some perform spectacularly, others don't. But that's okay for casual play through, is that you can make almost any team work that you like to play with.

If Petra is more appealing for you to play with as a character, use her.

I am definitely going to try to at least use all the characters in the game by the time I finish all the routes.
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-05 23:56:47
August 05 2019 23:55 GMT
#3070
On August 06 2019 08:49 Alventenie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2019 08:15 Terranasaur wrote:
I'm almost through with my first play through + Show Spoiler +
(BE -> Church)
and I'm feeling pretty stupid that I've never used Catherine in a fight. She's just been Adjucating the whole time and I gave her sword to my Mortal Savant Petra.

Am I bad at FE?


Nope! On each route I have been trying to find other characters to use to see how they do. Some perform spectacularly, others don't. But that's okay for casual play through, is that you can make almost any team work that you like to play with.

If Petra is more appealing for you to play with as a character, use her.

I am definitely going to try to at least use all the characters in the game by the time I finish all the routes.


Took Petra through as Thief -> Assassin -> Moral Savant. She's pretty great but I really don't think you need a Thief in this FE. Felt kind of weird because my Thief is often my favorite character (Sothe, Mathew, Anna).

edit:

I also tried really hard to make Flayn work as a Falcoknight. She was terrible.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 06 2019 00:05 GMT
#3071
Thief in this game is pretty lackluster. Not needing keys is cool, but you get enough in the early missions that drop normally (or you buy them for super cheap considering how much gold you get). Then add that to there are very few things to steal since it was changed to only steal non-equipped, non weapons. So you only have a few items even able to be stolen (since magic is no longer carried as an item as well). The one thing it was nice for though is stealing certification seals wherever they are, but I generally still had more than enough money even on hard to have enough of these and still plenty of gold for everything else.

Maybe lunatic will add some better things to steal, but there is such a limited pool of items you can even steal in the game as is, that it lost a lot of value compared to previous games.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-06 03:44:55
August 06 2019 01:15 GMT
#3072
Thieves here have the same problem they've always had in FE, which is that there's no reason a Thief needs to be good at combat. They can do all their utility stuff regardless of what level they are, so it's better to just have a Thief that you aren't devoting any resources to that sits on your bench until there's a map with chests or things to steal, rather than actually leveling up a Thief.

EDIT: Also, realistically I don't think I could keep myself from putting a character like Petra who's proficient in Axe + Flying in anything other than Wyvern Lord.
Moderator
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
August 06 2019 04:21 GMT
#3073
Got linked this. These are FF14 glamours after the FE3H lords. Look pretty decent.
[image loading]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-06 06:15:02
August 06 2019 04:43 GMT
#3074
On August 06 2019 08:04 TheYango wrote:
As someone who hates using trainee characters, Cyril might actually be one of the most reasonable trainees that IS has made. His bases aren't hopeless for when you get him, and his fantastic proficiency spread (Lance/Axe/Riding/Flying, with base C+ Axe and C+ Bow) gives you a reason to use him beyond just "lol high growths".

Since flying around bowing fools is super good, I'd think he's actually quite good. Bases aren't too far off from Seteth, a close comparison. The only other characters with Bow + Flying proficiencies are Claude and Petra... who are both also super good. He lacks a battle-useful ability but tbh I find myself not thinking about abilities that much at the moment.

His character seems really unapealling to me though. Does he get some redemption in supports? Donnel was at least good for a laugh
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 06 2019 06:18 GMT
#3075
On August 06 2019 08:04 TheYango wrote:
As someone who hates using trainee characters, Cyril might actually be one of the most reasonable trainees that IS has made. His bases aren't hopeless for when you get him, and his fantastic proficiency spread (Lance/Axe/Riding/Flying, with base C+ Axe and C+ Bow) gives you a reason to use him beyond just "lol high growths".

Wait he's an actual trainee? I saw a spreadsheet when the leaks hit that showed his growths as 5-15% across the board
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 06 2019 08:24 GMT
#3076
On August 06 2019 15:18 Cricketer12 wrote:
Wait he's an actual trainee? I saw a spreadsheet when the leaks hit that showed his growths as 5-15% across the board

His personal is Aptitude, and he comes understatted for his join time.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 06 2019 13:46 GMT
#3077
I just want to say that, after playing some Three Houses and then reading what everyone has been saying here, I'm a little intimidated.

I thought I had a handle on the game but I feel like you guys are talking about a meta game that is several leagues above my level of comprehension.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
August 06 2019 13:49 GMT
#3078
But thats the beauty of fire emblem. You can do some crazy min/maxing and create one man armies or just play like you want to and still enjoy it tons
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
August 06 2019 14:55 GMT
#3079
The game is designed to be easy enough that even if you make a lot of not optimal choices, it doesn't seem to really matter that much. I ended up not being able to promote units at level 10 because I didn't understand the weapon rank system and promotion requirements, and it doesn't seem to make a difference other than the inconvenience of every unit having 4 mov.

If anything, the fact that it encourages earlier promotions whenever possible probably makes it easier in the sense that you don't get caught in the beginner trap of delaying promotions too long. Just know which weapon ranks to focus on.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 06 2019 15:22 GMT
#3080
On August 06 2019 17:24 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2019 15:18 Cricketer12 wrote:
Wait he's an actual trainee? I saw a spreadsheet when the leaks hit that showed his growths as 5-15% across the board

His personal is Aptitude, and he comes understatted for his join time.

Well shit I fucked up 🤣
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O153
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 486
Hyun 157
ZZZero.O 157
Dota 2
monkeys_forever398
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3912
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
summit1g14655
FrodaN1520
JimRising 418
KnowMe217
Livibee208
ViBE114
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV132
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Adnapsc2 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1260
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur570
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 40m
Patches Events
15h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.