• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:22
CEST 08:22
KST 15:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7422 users

Fire Emblem

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 169 170 171 Next
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-08 10:53:59
February 05 2016 22:20 GMT
#1
EDIT: Seeing as this thread has transcended just Fates discussion with the release of FE Heroes, it seemed fitting to alter the thread/OP to reflect that. I'll add some more stuff to the OP once I have a better idea of what I want to do with it.

- Yango

+ Show Spoiler +
Wanted to go ahead and get this going since it's Fire Emblem and it looks to live up to the hype for sure. How do you plan to play and shape your party?



Official site
Compendium at Serene's Forest (Warning: possible spoilers)
Poll: Which initial route are you choosing?

Conquest (Nohr) (19)
 
59%

Birthright (Hoshido) (13)
 
41%

32 total votes

Your vote: Which initial route are you choosing?

(Vote): Conquest (Nohr)
(Vote): Birthright (Hoshido)


Poll: Which version are you the most excited to play?

Revelations (Neutral) (13)
 
45%

Conquest (Nohr) (12)
 
41%

Birthright (Hoshido) (4)
 
14%

29 total votes

Your vote: Which version are you the most excited to play?

(Vote): Conquest (Nohr)
(Vote): Birthright (Hoshido)
(Vote): Revelations (Neutral)


All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
February 05 2016 22:54 GMT
#2
isnt there censorship with this game?
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 23:11:00
February 05 2016 23:09 GMT
#3
So is it safe to think of the game as a "$60 purchase with a future $15-20 DLC" if I plan on trying all of the content? I've been so confused and haven't looked much into which "version" ($40) I want first or whatever, but from what I understand you can buy the other campaign for half price ($20) regardless of which one you buy out of the box, then the "third" campaign later when it's released as DLC (~$20).

It's daunting to think of this as an "$80 purchase if I want everything" but I think that's only due to the confusion. If I get both Nohr and Hoshido for the combined price of $60, a normal game purchase, and then at some point in the future there's going to be a "3rd campaign" as $20 DLC, that makes a lot more sense. I haven't stumbled across many sources that have clarified this very well unfortunately.
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
February 05 2016 23:21 GMT
#4
On February 06 2016 08:09 Duka08 wrote:
So is it safe to think of the game as a "$60 purchase with a future $15-20 DLC" if I plan on trying all of the content? I've been so confused and haven't looked much into which "version" ($40) I want first or whatever, but from what I understand you can buy the other campaign for half price ($20) regardless of which one you buy out of the box, then the "third" campaign later when it's released as DLC (~$20).

It's daunting to think of this as an "$80 purchase if I want everything" but I think that's only due to the confusion. If I get both Nohr and Hoshido for the combined price of $60, a normal game purchase, and then at some point in the future there's going to be a "3rd campaign" as $20 DLC, that makes a lot more sense. I haven't stumbled across many sources that have clarified this very well unfortunately.


All total, I'd say all three plus the initial map pack is close to $100. Your first path is $40, the other is about $20, and Revelations is another 20. Then the DLC map pack is $17.99.
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
February 05 2016 23:24 GMT
#5
I find what they did for this game annoying. From what I read, Hoshido -> Nohr -> Revelations DLC is the recommended playthrough but the way they did SKUs for this game is just so fucking stupid. I'm waiting to see if the special edition is going to be stocked again because I don't want to buy another SD card. From what I can tell, you can buy a version for $40, download the other version for $20 and then there's a DLC later on for $20. However, buying the other version this way uses up a huge amount of your SD card's space.

Anyway, I'm taking a wait and see approach to this game because of SKU stupidity.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 23:30:21
February 05 2016 23:30 GMT
#6
On February 06 2016 08:21 SantosPhillipCarlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2016 08:09 Duka08 wrote:
So is it safe to think of the game as a "$60 purchase with a future $15-20 DLC" if I plan on trying all of the content? I've been so confused and haven't looked much into which "version" ($40) I want first or whatever, but from what I understand you can buy the other campaign for half price ($20) regardless of which one you buy out of the box, then the "third" campaign later when it's released as DLC (~$20).

It's daunting to think of this as an "$80 purchase if I want everything" but I think that's only due to the confusion. If I get both Nohr and Hoshido for the combined price of $60, a normal game purchase, and then at some point in the future there's going to be a "3rd campaign" as $20 DLC, that makes a lot more sense. I haven't stumbled across many sources that have clarified this very well unfortunately.


All total, I'd say all three plus the initial map pack is close to $100. Your first path is $40, the other is about $20, and Revelations is another 20. Then the DLC map pack is $17.99.

I think the third campaign, DLC, is Revelations right? Which is what I was referring to in my post. Had no idea there was also additional DLC beyond the "neutral" campaign. Maps? What does that entail exactly? Or do we not even know yet?

The above post has a good point. I felt better about all of it once I learned the other campaigns were discounted after your initial purchase, but I didn't consider SD card space. That could be annoying. There isn't a cap on the size of SD card a 3DS can use is there? It'd be nice to know what the total size of the DLCs will be if you just bought a normal $40 version of the game, so I can order a new card if need be. I'd just buy the special edition if you could still find them but yeah...
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
February 05 2016 23:34 GMT
#7
On February 06 2016 08:30 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2016 08:21 SantosPhillipCarlo wrote:
On February 06 2016 08:09 Duka08 wrote:
So is it safe to think of the game as a "$60 purchase with a future $15-20 DLC" if I plan on trying all of the content? I've been so confused and haven't looked much into which "version" ($40) I want first or whatever, but from what I understand you can buy the other campaign for half price ($20) regardless of which one you buy out of the box, then the "third" campaign later when it's released as DLC (~$20).

It's daunting to think of this as an "$80 purchase if I want everything" but I think that's only due to the confusion. If I get both Nohr and Hoshido for the combined price of $60, a normal game purchase, and then at some point in the future there's going to be a "3rd campaign" as $20 DLC, that makes a lot more sense. I haven't stumbled across many sources that have clarified this very well unfortunately.


All total, I'd say all three plus the initial map pack is close to $100. Your first path is $40, the other is about $20, and Revelations is another 20. Then the DLC map pack is $17.99.

I think the third campaign, DLC, is Revelations right? Which is what I was referring to in my post. Had no idea there was also additional DLC beyond the "neutral" campaign. Maps? What does that entail exactly? Or do we not even know yet?

The above post has a good point. I felt better about all of it once I learned the other campaigns were discounted after your initial purchase, but I didn't consider SD card space. That could be annoying. There isn't a cap on the size of SD card a 3DS can use is there? It'd be nice to know what the total size of the DLCs will be if you just bought a normal $40 version of the game, so I can order a new card if need be. I'd just buy the special edition if you could still find them but yeah...


Here's what we do know about the DLC - full details here: Fire Emblem: Fates DLC

Among the things you can get are maps for extra EXP, gold and weapons (which allows you to train more freely in Conquest than you normally would), and also maps hearkening back to previous titles (for example, a map featuring Chrom, Lissa and Frederick from Awakening). There is another that's called "Summer Scramble" - which is, I dare say, the fan service one.
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-10 10:46:07
February 10 2016 10:24 GMT
#8
Been following the game basically since it's Japanese release through streamers and various FE community sites. Pretty hyped for the game's English release since people I know who have similar taste to myself in the series have ranked it pretty highly among them. Fortunately managed to preorder the Special Edition when it went up, so I don't have to worry about the version split.

For those who are trying to decide which version to start with:
+ Show Spoiler +

1) First off, don't feel like you are really compelled to buy all 3. The 2 main routes are more or less self-standing games on their own (the 3rd one isn't really, but that's its own issue I'll get into later). There are definitely people who've imported and felt one route was vastly superior to the others, though which one depends on your personal taste in the series.

2) Similarly, don't feel like Revelations is somehow a compulsory purchase. The fact that it's the "neutral" route where you get to recruit characters from both sides does not somehow make it the definitive experience. In fact, people have criticized the route for having weaker gameplay (including a significant number of recycled maps from the main routes), as well as atrocious unit balance (rivaling FE6 for worst character balance in the series) and difficulty scaling (Revelations Lunatic relying more on up-scaling enemy stats rather than enemy positioning/density). If the idea of Revelations doesn't appeal to you, then don't feel like you're missing out by not buying it.

3) If you are planning to play all 3 eventually, the recommended order is Birthright -> Conquest -> Revelations. From a gameplay standpoint Birthright is the easiest of the three routes, and Conquest is arguably the most difficult. From a story perspective, there's a natural progression from Birthright, to Conquest, to Revelations, where Birthright serves as a sort of exposition that raises some questions, Conquest reveals some of the underlying forces, and Revelations answers all of those questions. Conquest's story is self-contained, but I have heard people say that the story is less satisfying without some of the backdrop being set up by playing Birthright first.

4) If you are planning on just playing one of the two, then it depends a bit on your experience and what you expect out of a Fire Emblem game.

Birthright was designed to stay very close to the design of Awakening, as well as being of similar difficulty. This means inheriting a lot of its gameplay flaws that series veterans disliked the game for. There are repeatable battles where you can grind to level up your units. Map design tends to be on the simple side (Awakening map design had a lot of wide open fields with haphazard enemy placement, and Birthright does as well). As in Awakening, virtually all the map objectives are rout. On the plus side, the story for Birthright is generally considered to be the better of the two on it's own.

Conquest on the other hand, is designed much more in the vein of older Fire Emblem games. There are no repeatable battles--each mission can only be played once, and the only repeatable way to level up your units is DLC (though personally, I think this takes a lot of the fun out of this route). It's also confirmed to be noticeably harder than Birthright (as a reference, people I've asked would say Conquest Normal is about as difficult as Awakening Hard, and Conquest Hard is somewhere between FE7 HHM and FE6 Hard Mode). A lot of that difficulty is achieved through more complex map design and varied objectives though, so if that appeals to you, you might enjoy Conquest more.


I kind of rambled a bit there. If people have other questions about the game and any of the new features, hopefully I can answer them or find out from friends who've imported the game.
Moderator
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
February 10 2016 11:15 GMT
#9
sooo jealous of the US release in the next couple of days, while we EU scrubs don't even have a date or the option to preorder :/
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-10 11:17:49
February 10 2016 11:17 GMT
#10
Im so hyped but I am not sure when this thing comes out in Europe.
Also didn't they censor everything out of it because its basically waifu simulator as well.(Last time I heard you can headrub your characters with the stylus and make them say lewd things rofl)

Considering going the reccomended route of Birthright>Conquest because of story but Severa is only a char on Nohr thnk so -.-. Moreover, Conquest doesn't have infinite exp/gold which is an easy way out (and too tempting for me to not do since I basically (overlevel)level the chars that I want rather then have a good strategic balance). Lastly I think I like the Nohr more stylistically(in terms of armour and shit) then I do the glorious Nippon Hoshido.

I hope they did something about pairing up though because that shit was OP af in awakening.
WriterXiao8~~
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 10 2016 11:24 GMT
#11
On February 10 2016 20:15 ShiaoPi wrote:
sooo jealous of the US release in the next couple of days, while we EU scrubs don't even have a date or the option to preorder :/


wait what

Well that completely killed my anticipation lmao. I thought I would be able to pick this up in the next weeks.
Oh well.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-10 11:29:35
February 10 2016 11:29 GMT
#12
On February 10 2016 20:24 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2016 20:15 ShiaoPi wrote:
sooo jealous of the US release in the next couple of days, while we EU scrubs don't even have a date or the option to preorder :/


wait what

Well that completely killed my anticipation lmao. I thought I would be able to pick this up in the next weeks.
Oh well.

yeah we fucking lost, they probably have to get it through the censoring machine here and add EU language support too.

I'm still hoping we can download it somehow.
WriterXiao8~~
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 10 2016 11:31 GMT
#13
Could we just order it from Amazon.com and have it shipped?
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-10 11:35:21
February 10 2016 11:33 GMT
#14
unless you have a US 3DS or homebrew, regionlock will still mess you up
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-10 11:35:13
February 10 2016 11:34 GMT
#15
I am not taking the risk of forking over ~80$ to ship it over from Amazon only to realize that the DLC is somehow not compatible leading me to having to buy the other cartridges rather then adding the other routes cheaper through DLC.

I thought 3DS was regionunlocked though.
WriterXiao8~~
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
February 10 2016 11:37 GMT
#16
The DS was the last non-regionlocked handheld of Nintendo. 3DS was regionlocked from the start
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 10 2016 15:37 GMT
#17
On February 10 2016 20:34 Kipsate wrote:
I am not taking the risk of forking over ~80$ to ship it over from Amazon only to realize that the DLC is somehow not compatible leading me to having to buy the other cartridges rather then adding the other routes cheaper through DLC.

I thought 3DS was regionunlocked though.

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to download DLC for it. Homebrew removes region lock for the game but to purchase DLC you need access to the other region's eshop, which is currently not possible without owning a 3ds from that region.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 10 2016 17:15 GMT
#18
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE I am soooooo excited for this. Still holding out trying to get an SE. This game is gonna be so damn fun.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 10 2016 17:17 GMT
#19
On February 10 2016 20:17 Kipsate wrote:
Im so hyped but I am not sure when this thing comes out in Europe.
Also didn't they censor everything out of it because its basically waifu simulator as well.(Last time I heard you can headrub your characters with the stylus and make them say lewd things rofl)

Considering going the reccomended route of Birthright>Conquest because of story but Severa is only a char on Nohr thnk so -.-. Moreover, Conquest doesn't have infinite exp/gold which is an easy way out (and too tempting for me to not do since I basically (overlevel)level the chars that I want rather then have a good strategic balance). Lastly I think I like the Nohr more stylistically(in terms of armour and shit) then I do the glorious Nippon Hoshido.

I hope they did something about pairing up though because that shit was OP af in awakening.

For NA it was censored. Now you talk with them instead of head rub and no gay relationships.

Yes pair up returns. Saw it is gameplay if revelation, that looks like a fun storyline for sure.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 10 2016 18:37 GMT
#20
They censored out gay relationships for NA? haha my god.
1 2 3 4 5 169 170 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3335
Rain 1752
GuemChi 538
FanTaSy 438
sSak 47
Bale 33
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm150
Fuzer 84
League of Legends
JimRising 615
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King178
Other Games
summit1g7814
WinterStarcraft681
KnowMe63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick680
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2192
League of Legends
• Lourlo1181
• Rush994
• Stunt463
Other Games
• Shiphtur779
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 38m
INu's Battles
4h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 38m
OSC
15h 53m
Replay Cast
16h 38m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.