• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:30
CEST 21:30
KST 04:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10836 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 176

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 174 175 176 177 178 200 Next
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 28 2017 16:53 GMT
#3501
On July 28 2017 20:15 mordek wrote:
It does seem a little intense and condensed. If I hatch a Girafig in the next few weeks I'll have finished up my Gen 1 and 2 regional dex. I guess that assumed I catch Moltres and Zapdos but I haven't had too much trouble doing a raid or two a day in my city.

With the event over I almost feel like I need to ease up and just get my streaks and when I'm bored thing going again. I didn't play a crazy amount by any means but I used about 10 lucky eggs for 1.2m experience or so and I'm a little burnt out.

girafarig nests so you can search thesilphroad nest atlas for a nest instead of waiting for an egg hatch.
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
July 28 2017 17:55 GMT
#3502
Over 2mm EXP during the event. Got 2 Lugia and 2 Articuno. Was a really fun week.

I think the remote berry thing might be my favorite feature these guys have developed. My office sits on top of 2 pokestops and my GPS drifts to like two or three more, so with my Go+ I can spin hundreds of items a day. I used to throw away berries by the bushel but now I can actually get some dust out of them.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
July 28 2017 21:05 GMT
#3503
I didn't get anywhere near as much EXP, I basically gave up on XP once I hit 30 (32 now so I care even less).

But I did manage to hatch 5 hatted Pichus. So I have my own little army of them going on now.
Logo
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
July 28 2017 21:44 GMT
#3504
On July 29 2017 06:05 Logo wrote:
I didn't get anywhere near as much EXP, I basically gave up on XP once I hit 30 (32 now so I care even less).

But I did manage to hatch 5 hatted Pichus. So I have my own little army of them going on now.


I don't usually do anything about EXP but I had a couple Lucky Eggs sitting around and I hadn't done a mass evolve since I hit level 30 (I was level 35 when the event started, level 36 now) so I had a stockpile of candy from all the common species in my area. So I did a mass evolve with my lucky egg anytime I maxed my Pokemon storage. That 4x EXP was awesome. I'll probably wait it out until the next doubleXP event to do any more mass evolves.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 29 2017 09:57 GMT
#3505
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/safarizoneupdate

Some of the Safari Zone events in Europe (including the one in Stockholm, which is closest to me) has been postponed until later this fall. If it means that the event can be better than I'm all for it
EZ4ENCE
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 30 2017 15:51 GMT
#3506
On July 29 2017 01:53 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2017 20:15 mordek wrote:
It does seem a little intense and condensed. If I hatch a Girafig in the next few weeks I'll have finished up my Gen 1 and 2 regional dex. I guess that assumed I catch Moltres and Zapdos but I haven't had too much trouble doing a raid or two a day in my city.

With the event over I almost feel like I need to ease up and just get my streaks and when I'm bored thing going again. I didn't play a crazy amount by any means but I used about 10 lucky eggs for 1.2m experience or so and I'm a little burnt out.

girafarig nests so you can search thesilphroad nest atlas for a nest instead of waiting for an egg hatch.

Unfortunately this means I need to travel 2+ hours. I'll have to check the next time we're headed to one of the major cities within that radius next time but until then hoping for the egg hatch.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 04 2017 17:49 GMT
#3507
While I get an evolution item on 7-day spins, I don't see what item it is unless I go to the journal (and I look really closely on 7-say spins). Is this the case for anyone else?

Also on the subject of evolution items, I have like 6 Upgrades but have only ever caught one Porygon
EZ4ENCE
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
August 04 2017 18:28 GMT
#3508
Yeah I have to go to the inventory/journal to see. There's too many items from the Day 7 so a lot of them get cut off.
Logo
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
August 04 2017 19:50 GMT
#3509
New Trick is: Day 7 + First Spin of Day + Gold Gym Badge + Team Control
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 05 2017 10:40 GMT
#3510
Got Unown and Kangaskhan today! Stockholm is a safari zone this weekend and that's why I could catch the later in Sweden
EZ4ENCE
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
August 05 2017 15:23 GMT
#3511
So for those who've caught Articuno / Moltres / Lugia -- At what CP are the legendaries when you get them from a raid? How much Candies / how many raids do you think you'd need to do to get one of those to ~ 3,000 CP?
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
August 05 2017 16:50 GMT
#3512
On August 06 2017 00:23 TheFish7 wrote:
So for those who've caught Articuno / Moltres / Lugia -- At what CP are the legendaries when you get them from a raid? How much Candies / how many raids do you think you'd need to do to get one of those to ~ 3,000 CP?

all raid bosses are level 20. you can find a calculator online to determine exact candies/dust required to get them to 3000 cp.
Korlin
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada142 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-05 16:57:21
August 05 2017 16:56 GMT
#3513
So Articuno you could catch at between 1599-1676 cp. It doesn't reach 3000 cp, even a perfect one would max out at 2933. This would take 248 candy.

Moltres you can catch at between 1788-1870 cp. To get it to ~3000 cp it would take 122-140 candy.

Lugia you can catch at between 1969 and 2056 cp. To get one to ~3000 cp it would take 62-66 candy.

As to how fast you get candies, that's kind of tough. If you are trying to earn them by doing the specific raid of the pokemon you want to level you get for sure 4 candies each time, plus I would say and average of 6+ more rare candies? So I would guess you could expect an average of at least 10/raid altogether.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 05 2017 19:27 GMT
#3514
Honestly, I don't see a reason, other than prestige, to level them aside from Lugia.
Freeeeeeedom
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
August 05 2017 20:16 GMT
#3515
Yea, they seem almost like they're more trouble than they're worth - other than filling out the pokedex. You grind out a bunch of raids and then Dragonite is still stronger in the end.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
khouji
Profile Joined July 2017
United States10 Posts
August 07 2017 05:35 GMT
#3516
I caught Articuno with a 1606cp with 220 candy
Fight till the end.
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
August 07 2017 13:31 GMT
#3517
No Articuno for me, gotta hope it comes back eventually.
don't wall off against random
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-07 14:48:26
August 07 2017 14:43 GMT
#3518
Zapados and Moltres are pretty solid pokemons of their respective types I think? They are both the highest attack stat of their respective damage types (until Ho-Oh) and have more HP than Flareon/Jolteon. If you don't already have a strong set of Flareons or Jolteons it can be worth it to invest in Zapados/Moltres.

Articuno is less practical because of a more modest attack stat and lack of defensive benefit for being Ice Type.

Lugia is reasonable too and has alright attack stats, but the typing doesn't really match-up with any difficult fights or big needs. Lugia is good against Machamp for example, but Machamp isn't particularly difficult and there are other solid options to take Machamps out.

It's sort of a heavy investment, but if you put your Rare Candy towards them it's not really all that bad? It's 66 Candy to get one from 20->30 which is probably around 10 Legendary Raids. So if you haven't been spending your rare candy you'll probably have enough to bring one of the three birds up to level 30.
Logo
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 08 2017 12:31 GMT
#3519
On July 24 2017 19:39 mordek wrote:
Well I feel really lucky now. I may have caught Lugia on the first ball...

Also, I walked a high IV 799cp eevee 11km and evolved it during the day yesterday... and got vaporeon. What gives? Thought 10km+ and daytime was the trick.


I missed this detail, FYI:
The Eevee you want to evolve must be set as your current Buddy during evolution
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
August 08 2017 17:54 GMT
#3520
My partner and I caught our first Zapdos from out first Zapdos raid on our first throw (both) which seems incredibly lucky.

It's really nice to have the full set of legendaries now (assuming no more after Zapdos) and not have to worry about dex completion anymore.
Logo
Prev 1 174 175 176 177 178 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 629
ProTech132
UpATreeSC 119
JuggernautJason65
Nina 45
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29313
Calm 2834
Mini 146
firebathero 128
Dewaltoss 103
soO 45
HiyA 27
Hyun 26
Bale 23
NaDa 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8497
XaKoH 298
canceldota2
League of Legends
Doublelift256
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1598
fl0m1480
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu671
Other Games
FrodaN2254
B2W.Neo583
Beastyqt581
mouzStarbuck312
Livibee183
ToD182
KnowMe146
C9.Mang0128
Trikslyr115
RotterdaM99
Mew2King47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1130
• Shiphtur784
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 45m
Replay Cast
3h 30m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.