• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:26
CEST 01:26
KST 08:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6863 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 175

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 173 174 175 176 177 200 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 25 2017 11:23 GMT
#3481
On July 25 2017 11:51 cLutZ wrote:
Your definition of G1 differs from mine.

Not if you finally got your Hitmonchan from evolving the Tyrogue. Unless I'm missing something.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-25 16:46:39
July 25 2017 13:44 GMT
#3482
I have plenty of people playing around me, but it's still kinda stressful for these raids since you know eventually participation is going to drop off as people get their legendaries.

So far I've successfully raided one, the second one I tried my guy ran away (GPS drift) as the raid was starting and I couldn't get in so it ate my pass for nothing.

Between things like that and all the crashes & bugs it's quite annoying. Doubly so because I only have like ~1 hour window after work to even try and do a raid.

I enjoy the raids and running into other people playing, but for the legendaries it's quite annoying since it's your only path to get the pokemon and it feels very much on a timer before people start just focusing on whatever good raid is nearby & convenient for them.

They really should let you join raids in progress; that would alleviate a lot of the stress of trying to get the legendaries done.

I'm pretty warm on the game right now, the raids have been great (outside of legendaries). But I feel like if they rotate Articuno out and I don't have one because of all the bugs/issues with raids then I'm going to be pretty salty and it's going to really push me away from the game. Like I get you want to rotate who shows up and that's kind of fun an exciting and helps focus people, but with it being the only way to get the pokemon it makes it really hard unless you have the free time (and good weather) to dedicate to the game. Up until now even playing relatively casually you could at least eventually accomplish everything.

I guess better communication would also make me feel a lot differently. If they openly said Articuno is going to be around until X date then I wouldn't feel so bad even if it become a bit of a struggle to put together people to raid.
Logo
Oktyabr
Profile Joined July 2011
Singapore2234 Posts
July 26 2017 02:26 GMT
#3483
On July 25 2017 22:44 Logo wrote:
I have plenty of people playing around me, but it's still kinda stressful for these raids since you know eventually participation is going to drop off as people get their legendaries.

So far I've successfully raided one, the second one I tried my guy ran away (GPS drift) as the raid was starting and I couldn't get in so it ate my pass for nothing.

Between things like that and all the crashes & bugs it's quite annoying. Doubly so because I only have like ~1 hour window after work to even try and do a raid.

I enjoy the raids and running into other people playing, but for the legendaries it's quite annoying since it's your only path to get the pokemon and it feels very much on a timer before people start just focusing on whatever good raid is nearby & convenient for them.

They really should let you join raids in progress; that would alleviate a lot of the stress of trying to get the legendaries done.

I'm pretty warm on the game right now, the raids have been great (outside of legendaries). But I feel like if they rotate Articuno out and I don't have one because of all the bugs/issues with raids then I'm going to be pretty salty and it's going to really push me away from the game. Like I get you want to rotate who shows up and that's kind of fun an exciting and helps focus people, but with it being the only way to get the pokemon it makes it really hard unless you have the free time (and good weather) to dedicate to the game. Up until now even playing relatively casually you could at least eventually accomplish everything.

I guess better communication would also make me feel a lot differently. If they openly said Articuno is going to be around until X date then I wouldn't feel so bad even if it become a bit of a struggle to put together people to raid.


You can actually rejoin different groups if you drift out right as it begins or if you want to abandon your current group since the raid pass expires along with the raid timer.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 26 2017 07:53 GMT
#3484
Its not a good solution.

Also, I am feeling the pain of yall as my RNG on Monday clearly was super lucky. Golden Berry excellent throws vs. Articuno failed 5x today, and Golden Berry Great failed 10x, the rest were batted away.
Freeeeeeedom
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 26 2017 10:47 GMT
#3485
On July 25 2017 22:44 Logo wrote:
I guess better communication would also make me feel a lot differently. If they openly said Articuno is going to be around until X date then I wouldn't feel so bad even if it become a bit of a struggle to put together people to raid.

Articuno (Team Mystic) released on Saturday, July 22 and available through Monday, July 31.
Moltres (Team Valor) to be released on Monday, July 31 and available through Monday, August 7.
Zapdos (Team Instinct) to be released on Monday, August 7 and available through Monday, August 14.

https://www.nianticlabs.com/blog/
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 26 2017 12:07 GMT
#3486
Pichu is in 2km eggs right? Because yesterday was the first day that I got a 2km eggs from stops since they could be hatched with the Cap. And no Pichu from the eggs hatched so far.

Another Mareep hatched for me, which made it possible to evolve a Ampharos. Only Feraligatr, Unown, Porygon2 and Tyranitar left for a complete non-legendary EUdex
EZ4ENCE
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 26 2017 12:10 GMT
#3487
Nice, two of those show up in raids (at least candy-wise with Croconaw) The croc is soloable too.

We had an unknown show up in our city last night and everyone who saw and could try to make it there were blocked by a train and missed it by a minute. Rough. Never seen one here before.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
July 26 2017 14:11 GMT
#3488
On July 26 2017 11:26 Oktyabr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2017 22:44 Logo wrote:
I have plenty of people playing around me, but it's still kinda stressful for these raids since you know eventually participation is going to drop off as people get their legendaries.

So far I've successfully raided one, the second one I tried my guy ran away (GPS drift) as the raid was starting and I couldn't get in so it ate my pass for nothing.

Between things like that and all the crashes & bugs it's quite annoying. Doubly so because I only have like ~1 hour window after work to even try and do a raid.

I enjoy the raids and running into other people playing, but for the legendaries it's quite annoying since it's your only path to get the pokemon and it feels very much on a timer before people start just focusing on whatever good raid is nearby & convenient for them.

They really should let you join raids in progress; that would alleviate a lot of the stress of trying to get the legendaries done.

I'm pretty warm on the game right now, the raids have been great (outside of legendaries). But I feel like if they rotate Articuno out and I don't have one because of all the bugs/issues with raids then I'm going to be pretty salty and it's going to really push me away from the game. Like I get you want to rotate who shows up and that's kind of fun an exciting and helps focus people, but with it being the only way to get the pokemon it makes it really hard unless you have the free time (and good weather) to dedicate to the game. Up until now even playing relatively casually you could at least eventually accomplish everything.

I guess better communication would also make me feel a lot differently. If they openly said Articuno is going to be around until X date then I wouldn't feel so bad even if it become a bit of a struggle to put together people to raid.


You can actually rejoin different groups if you drift out right as it begins or if you want to abandon your current group since the raid pass expires along with the raid timer.


If the group starts the battle before you've joined it you can't join in though which is what my situation was. I was too late to hop in.

I ended up getting a Lugia later that day which was a nice compensation and with confirmation that you have through the weekend to get Articuno it's not so bad (though still mildly annoying, if you were busy this weekend and worked 9-5 you'd basically be screwed).
Logo
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
July 26 2017 14:56 GMT
#3489
That moment when you magically and unintentionally encounter a lugia and not a single other person is there to help you...
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 26 2017 16:33 GMT
#3490
got unown last night. mad dash from one side of the city to another. what a rush!
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
July 26 2017 19:40 GMT
#3491
Are you still using trackers? Or are your cities that small?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-27 12:20:17
July 26 2017 20:13 GMT
#3492
Got an unknown today! (tracker) this spawn lasted an hour so a large group of us all got it. Some local dude maintains maps/notifications of rare spawns for our area. the group chat goes crazy when an unknown spawns

What daphreak said below vvv
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
July 26 2017 20:57 GMT
#3493
On July 27 2017 05:13 mordek wrote:
Got an unknown today! (tracker) this spawn lasted an hour so a large group of us all got it. Some local dude maintains maps/notifications of rare spawns for our area. the group chat goes crazy when an unknown spawns

Waut there are still working trackers?
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 26 2017 21:46 GMT
#3494
On July 27 2017 04:40 AbouSV wrote:
Are you still using trackers? Or are your cities that small?

scanner plus discord.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
July 26 2017 22:28 GMT
#3495
I found an Articuno while at the store and noone was going for it so decided to give solo-ing it a try, needless to say I came nowhere close to beating the 37k cp boss.

I need to find a group to go raiding with. Yesterday the only people I saw playing were a group of 12 year old boys. As a 29 year old man, I'm not about to ask them if they want to go raiding with me. Their parents will probably call the police.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-27 12:23:43
July 27 2017 12:22 GMT
#3496
On July 27 2017 07:28 TheFish7 wrote:
I found an Articuno while at the store and noone was going for it so decided to give solo-ing it a try, needless to say I came nowhere close to beating the 37k cp boss.

I need to find a group to go raiding with. Yesterday the only people I saw playing were a group of 12 year old boys. As a 29 year old man, I'm not about to ask them if they want to go raiding with me. Their parents will probably call the police.

You need at least 10 of a decent level if you want a high assurance you'll defeat it. You got to find the Facebook messenger/discord/skype groups for your area. Ask in the local Facebook page for it, hopefully there's one there.
I've seen people just like you waiting by themselves "oh great someone else" and then I tell them the other 15 of us are pulling up in a few minutes and they're in shock. gotta find the community chat man!

Also information spread is real. A very surprising amount of people aren't throwing curve balls at the legendaries............
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-27 16:30:15
July 27 2017 16:29 GMT
#3497
On July 27 2017 21:22 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2017 07:28 TheFish7 wrote:
I found an Articuno while at the store and noone was going for it so decided to give solo-ing it a try, needless to say I came nowhere close to beating the 37k cp boss.

I need to find a group to go raiding with. Yesterday the only people I saw playing were a group of 12 year old boys. As a 29 year old man, I'm not about to ask them if they want to go raiding with me. Their parents will probably call the police.

You need at least 10 of a decent level if you want a high assurance you'll defeat it. You got to find the Facebook messenger/discord/skype groups for your area. Ask in the local Facebook page for it, hopefully there's one there.
I've seen people just like you waiting by themselves "oh great someone else" and then I tell them the other 15 of us are pulling up in a few minutes and they're in shock. gotta find the community chat man!

Also information spread is real. A very surprising amount of people aren't throwing curve balls at the legendaries............


Yeah getting into a community chat seems pretty useful for the big raids, you also gotta be willing to wait it out; quite a few of the raids I've shown up to I've had to wait around to get the numbers together.

I've gotten my Lugia and Articuno so I can breath a sigh of relief now, though my Articuno is only a 67-80%er.

It's really cool to see people actively playing Pokemon Go again, a few of the raids I've been to (Lunch time downtown in a city) I've seen easily 40+ people cycle through in the short time I'm there. While the curfew is a pain in the ass (starts/ends too early really) it's also nice that the raids in general are a system people can partake in but is also less destructive than when people used to trample around parks and stuff.
Logo
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-27 18:32:29
July 27 2017 18:31 GMT
#3498
The raids have really done a lot for building a community. Before that I just had a google hangout group where we talked about news and milestones between the 5 of us friends. Now I meet people in my city on a regular basis. Cool stuff.

I also showed someone how you physically throw a curveball in the game. People still don't know, spread the knowledge
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-27 21:09:05
July 27 2017 20:23 GMT
#3499
That said I really hope we get a good break after Arti/Moltres/Zap before more legendaries show up. It feels a bit intense to be going for a new legendary every week especially if you're interesting in nabbing multiples or good ones (or just unlucky with your catch rate).

I'm also really glad the legendaries are easy to connect with. The whole "make it hard to hit by putting them way far back" is really annoying just in the way that your phone and conditions (weather) can really affect the achievable distances. Which is fine when you have unlimited tries to connect with the Pokemon, but not when you're under a limited # of throws. I've had, and had people around me, get stuck in a really laggy state post raid and been unable to hit even just modestly far away Pokemon because the low FPS prevents any sort of ball velocity. But with the legendaries it's just the timing really because they're pretty up close.
Logo
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-28 11:17:25
July 28 2017 11:15 GMT
#3500
It does seem a little intense and condensed. If I hatch a Girafig in the next few weeks I'll have finished up my Gen 1 and 2 regional dex. I guess that assumed I catch Moltres and Zapdos but I haven't had too much trouble doing a raid or two a day in my city.

With the event over I almost feel like I need to ease up and just get my streaks and when I'm bored thing going again. I didn't play a crazy amount by any means but I used about 10 lucky eggs for 1.2m experience or so and I'm a little burnt out.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 173 174 175 176 177 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings39
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 168
ProTech142
ViBE130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14115
Artosis 572
PianO 24
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
canceldota147
NeuroSwarm141
League of Legends
Doublelift3933
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1515
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe99
Other Games
summit1g6327
shahzam508
Day[9].tv412
C9.Mang0308
Maynarde70
Trikslyr22
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• RyuSc2 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie946
• Shiphtur555
• Day9tv412
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 34m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.