• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10120 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 73 Next
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-23 23:59:55
February 23 2015 23:58 GMT
#221
It wasn't intended to be insulting. If he is offended then I apologise. Also I think they patched being able to change sound values using sv_cheats 1 and the effect continuing in matchmaing games.
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
February 24 2015 08:35 GMT
#222
How often do people get ESEA free trial codes? I really want to try it but I am a MGE/DMG bouncing and I am just getting so fed up of playing against people cheating or just stupid 64 tic issues. I have been watching streams to try and snag some but damn is it impossible to beat people to the punch.

So do normal subscribers get codes too?
I am Godzilla You are Japan
SwizzY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1549 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 16:35:06
February 24 2015 16:34 GMT
#223
Preface - I used to play 1.6 religiously and semi-competitively
Problem - Been trying to get into swing of things in GO again but have absolutely TERRIBLE aim. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong since I often get into "staredown" positions where me and another casual are fruitlessly spraying bullets around each other until someone gets a lucky hit.

But before this occurs I have been trying to strafestopshoot and even though I feel like my crosshairs are right on them the bullets land maybe a once or twice within ~10 or so shots (bursts of 2-3). In the servers I play on this is basically death.

What are some possible solutions/problems I'm encountering? I play on all graphics on med. and have 1.1 mouse acc. with 6 or 7 sensitivity. I REALLY feel like my crosshairs are misleading based on where the bullets are landing. Do I just suck?
All that glitters is not gold, all that wander are not lost, the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by frost.
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 17:29:53
February 24 2015 17:12 GMT
#224
On February 25 2015 01:34 SwizzY wrote:
Preface - I used to play 1.6 religiously and semi-competitively
Problem - Been trying to get into swing of things in GO again but have absolutely TERRIBLE aim. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong since I often get into "staredown" positions where me and another casual are fruitlessly spraying bullets around each other until someone gets a lucky hit.

But before this occurs I have been trying to strafestopshoot and even though I feel like my crosshairs are right on them the bullets land maybe a once or twice within ~10 or so shots (bursts of 2-3). In the servers I play on this is basically death.

What are some possible solutions/problems I'm encountering? I play on all graphics on med. and have 1.1 mouse acc. with 6 or 7 sensitivity. I REALLY feel like my crosshairs are misleading based on where the bullets are landing. Do I just suck?


here you can look at mouse settings of pros:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12PSHqb8Vwg8rSCOkGjbbsj8iBsm8p52jOLffDc88iy8/pubhtml

As a rule of a thumb you should have the lowest sensitivity that still allows you to move around comfortably. By comfortably it is sometimes ment to be able to turn 120 degrees with a mouse swing from the center to the side of the mouse pad.

As to spraying, one trick I picked up from watching pros: dont spray unless you are like meters away. Instead aim for the head for the first shot, pull down instantly and crouch for the next 5-7 shots, and then single tap really fast. It even works at long distances, but strafe and burst is better.
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
February 24 2015 17:12 GMT
#225
Start a game on dust 2 (nice bright walls) in offline mode and shoot a wall the way you would do versus an enemy.

Is the recoil still building up when you burstfire?
Do you control the spray correctly?
Watch these situations in real games in slowmotion, sometimes the crosshair is on target just between bullets.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-26 08:16:12
February 26 2015 08:15 GMT
#226
Any map maker bros in here ? Would anyone be interested in some kind of Work In Progress CS Maps thread to discuss or to learn about map making in CS:GO ?
rly ?
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-27 12:21:58
February 27 2015 12:20 GMT
#227
Is there some graphics setting to adjust that makes you see through HE grenades better? I dont see anything through the cloud afterwards its just dark but my enemies seem to do.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-27 12:24:06
February 27 2015 12:23 GMT
#228
i think that's intended, the dust that goes up after HE
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
February 27 2015 14:00 GMT
#229
On February 26 2015 17:15 algue wrote:
Any map maker bros in here ? Would anyone be interested in some kind of Work In Progress CS Maps thread to discuss or to learn about map making in CS:GO ?


I do make maps and I would love to see that thread, been thinking about making it myself in fact!
penguinpoopy
Profile Joined January 2013
United States18 Posts
February 27 2015 20:29 GMT
#230
On February 27 2015 21:23 icystorage wrote:
i think that's intended, the dust that goes up after HE


I would agree. I've seen NiP use an HE at Dust to cross mid doors to go to B on CT.

I also do some sort of B rush on CT side where I rush to B, nade the tunnels and blindy spray into the smoke. I sometimes get two kills doing this when the T's go for a "b rush don't stop".
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-01 00:28:54
March 01 2015 00:20 GMT
#231
I was wondering, is it just me or my ingame sensitivity feels slower when I play in 4:3 resolution with black bars? I usually play in 1920x1080 450dpi and 1.125/1.2 ingame sens and I tested 1024x768 black bars and changed nothing to my sens and it felt like my old ingame sens of 1. Is that normal or it's just me? Basically, does using a lower resolution affect your sens? And what about a stretched res?

Desire.Discipline.Dedication
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-01 18:16:58
March 01 2015 02:01 GMT
#232
Definitely not just you. Everytime I changed resolution I had to switch sensitivitiy. You could change the m_yaw cfg settings but I just stuck to 1080p and my mouse settings from there (900dpi/.99 for me).

edit: also, if you use raw input 1, your fps cap makes a difference in a way so make sure your settings are okay on that too. (fps_max 0 -or 999 or w/e- for unlocking)
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2835 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-01 20:10:36
March 01 2015 20:10 GMT
#233
My accuracy/spraycontrol with an AK is abysmal. Are there deathmatch servers you can play with some sort of showimpacts on so I can see where I'm missing? I have very little problem aiming with M4A1, but beyond the first 5 or so shots with an AK I might as well be running around while spraying.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
March 02 2015 07:42 GMT
#234
Yes, there are servers labeled iEpic that you can join. Search "eoreality" and you will be able to find them. There's 2 128 tick DM servers, one pistol only 128 tick DM server, and one 64 tick DM server.

If you want to practice spray control solo, just start an offline vs bots game on dust 2, and enter the following into console:

sv_cheats 1
sv_infinite_ammo 2
impulse 101
sv_showimpacts 2
mp_roundtime_defuse 60

This will turn on showimpacts for client only, give you money to buy a rifle, make round time (after first round) 60 minutes, and give you infinite reserve ammunition. Then just find a wall and start shooting!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
March 03 2015 04:14 GMT
#235
Can anyone run through all the roles you can have in a team? Only ones I know of are entry, lurk, awper, and support, but I don't actually know what the support does, nor what the fifth role is, if such a thing even exists.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-03 07:17:09
March 03 2015 06:32 GMT
#236
That's pretty much all.

5th can be called the fifflaren role. Be the "bitch that can play any additional role as the game demands", secondary awper, support, guy that gets the entry trades
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
lastpuritan
Profile Joined December 2014
United States540 Posts
March 04 2015 14:18 GMT
#237
So if we list em:

AWPer dude
.
.
.
Entry dude
The one gets kills after kill trade
Joker dude / also the one who plays in a position for easily switch sites
.
.
.
Lurk dude

Is this correct?
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
March 04 2015 14:19 GMT
#238
Countersrike isn't a MOBA. Those kind of rigidly defined roles don't exist. Your role isn't deigned by what you did for 5 seconds of the game. Everybody can entry when circumstances dictate. Everybody should "support" aka teamwork and throwning grenades. Everybody works as a team. There's the awper, who uses the awp but quite frequently you will see pro teams with 2 awpers. For everybody else there is riflers I guess? But it is less of a role, and more of a descriptor of the weapon used.

And then there's Get_Right.
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
March 04 2015 15:29 GMT
#239
You forgot Leeroy Jenkins.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Kotreb
Profile Joined June 2011
Croatia1392 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-05 04:18:12
March 05 2015 04:18 GMT
#240
On March 05 2015 00:29 Yrr wrote:
You forgot Leeroy Jenkins.

And he's yelling in poor english with thick accent "ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuushhh cyka"


serious question: how do you nametag/rename default skins?

If you don't sin Jesus died for nothing.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings113
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11705
White-Ra 297
Dota 2
monkeys_forever786
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto8
League of Legends
Doublelift5929
JimRising 656
Counter-Strike
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox793
Other Games
summit1g9605
Maynarde209
ArmadaUGS55
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick324
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 32m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.