• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:40
CEST 00:40
KST 07:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War355.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8160 users

General Discussion - Page 61

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
November 02 2015 08:58 GMT
#1201
Oh god, that's hilarious!!!!

It's interesting you bring up Zarya + Hanzo, those are the two heroes I don't see played at all. If you guys find any awesome clips for those, I think that would be swell.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Bacillus
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland2112 Posts
November 02 2015 09:26 GMT
#1202
Having seen a bit more gameplay (especially Summit's) and I've got pretty mixed feelings. The visuals are nice, the controls look really slick and all that, but I'm still not very sold on the longrevity side of the game. A lot of the characters seem to have pretty limited tools available for them and the map doesn't have awfully many resources to contest apart from the single objective you're usually playing.

I think it may very well work out beautifully in the end, but to me it feels like there's a lot of pressure on the class and map design to keep things from getting stale in any longer term. If the optimal strats and compositions become too obvious, I fear there may not be enough variety to play around in the 'raw' gameplay aspect.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
November 02 2015 09:40 GMT
#1203
btw, who are those "Streamers" are they known good FPS playerthat got keys, or just random twitch streamers that have many fallowers ?
n_n
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
November 02 2015 10:42 GMT
#1204
The latter + some pro players from various games, like Huk and Dyrus.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22658 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 10:46:31
November 02 2015 10:45 GMT
#1205
On November 02 2015 18:40 FaCE_1 wrote:
btw, who are those "Streamers" are they known good FPS playerthat got keys, or just random twitch streamers that have many fallowers ?

I believe Summit is playing with JP and crew? They are mostly random streamers.
There are also actual pro's FPS who played against the devs, you might wanne check out http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/
(they went 7-7 in their last meetup)
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
November 02 2015 10:52 GMT
#1206
On November 02 2015 18:26 Bacillus wrote:
Having seen a bit more gameplay (especially Summit's) and I've got pretty mixed feelings. The visuals are nice, the controls look really slick and all that, but I'm still not very sold on the longrevity side of the game. A lot of the characters seem to have pretty limited tools available for them and the map doesn't have awfully many resources to contest apart from the single objective you're usually playing.

I think it may very well work out beautifully in the end, but to me it feels like there's a lot of pressure on the class and map design to keep things from getting stale in any longer term. If the optimal strats and compositions become too obvious, I fear there may not be enough variety to play around in the 'raw' gameplay aspect.


I think the tools are pretty diverse as is, and it should get better and better with each new hero brings something new.

I think whats way more of a concern is game modes.

Like, they already said that ctf is stupid, hostage would probably be more moronic, what other types of game mode can we see? King of the hill is the only thing I can think of. The other obvious thing is Symmetric Control Points as opposed to Attack/Defend.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
November 02 2015 11:02 GMT
#1207
On November 02 2015 19:52 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 18:26 Bacillus wrote:
Having seen a bit more gameplay (especially Summit's) and I've got pretty mixed feelings. The visuals are nice, the controls look really slick and all that, but I'm still not very sold on the longrevity side of the game. A lot of the characters seem to have pretty limited tools available for them and the map doesn't have awfully many resources to contest apart from the single objective you're usually playing.

I think it may very well work out beautifully in the end, but to me it feels like there's a lot of pressure on the class and map design to keep things from getting stale in any longer term. If the optimal strats and compositions become too obvious, I fear there may not be enough variety to play around in the 'raw' gameplay aspect.


I think the tools are pretty diverse as is, and it should get better and better with each new hero brings something new.

I think whats way more of a concern is game modes.

Like, they already said that ctf is stupid, hostage would probably be more moronic, what other types of game mode can we see? King of the hill is the only thing I can think of. The other obvious thing is Symmetric Control Points as opposed to Attack/Defend.



They need a stopwatch mode, im surprised it isn't ingame already. For example whenever one team wins a game in a certain amount of time lets say 3 minutes, next game the other team has to win before 3 minutes.

That was the staple mode of ET competitive scene.
nighcol
Profile Joined January 2012
298 Posts
November 02 2015 12:13 GMT
#1208
I've been mostly watching the Quake pros try this out. I honestly think they're in a good position to be very influential in the esports scene for this. They come from an actually professional (there was a time where you could really make your living in that game unlike TF2) and very competitive scene. Their game is pretty much the BW equivalent of FPS games with the super high skill ceiling (and floor).

While Starcraft players never really successfully transitioned to MOBAs there are some important differences here: They have the advantage of some team modes being part of the Quake culture and more of their existing skill set probably applies since it's mechanically more similar. So if you want to see some really skillful plays check them out. I admit I'm biased but I haven't seen anyone as impressive and I've checked out the supposedly best.

These guys play with 2gd whose stream has already been mentioned and he's certainly a former Quake pro as well but they're more practiced so I certainly recommend checking their streams as well:
http://www.twitch.tv/stermytv
http://www.twitch.tv/fazz

I think someone already mentioned him but on the NA side probably also worth checking out:
http://www.twitch.tv/dahang
Elerris
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia137 Posts
November 02 2015 12:49 GMT
#1209
I've been watching Seagull for quite a while now. Great player (Former TF2 Pro), very responsive to chat, good analysis and is generally just a pleasure to watch. Highly recommend for anyone wanting a place to see great gameplay and also ask questions about the game.

http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10964 Posts
November 02 2015 13:51 GMT
#1210
After watching some more.


Is it just me or do some characters just feel/seem very bland?

My main «Issue» is with McCree. He is basically just a walking Revolver and nothing else? Sure there is his stun grenade but the main use of it is also just to setup for his Pistol?
The only other Hero that seems to be that one dimensional is Soldier 47 (but his skills are actually more varied)?

Am i missing something ?
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
November 02 2015 14:19 GMT
#1211
On November 02 2015 22:51 Velr wrote:
After watching some more.


Is it just me or do some characters just feel/seem very bland?

My main «Issue» is with McCree. He is basically just a walking Revolver and nothing else? Sure there is his stun grenade but the main use of it is also just to setup for his Pistol?
The only other Hero that seems to be that one dimensional is Soldier 47 (but his skills are actually more varied)?

Am i missing something ?


product of going with a class based system and having a lot of classes available

can't make a hero too diverse, otherwise it becomes a case of why use this hero when this other hero does it better
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
nighcol
Profile Joined January 2012
298 Posts
November 02 2015 14:21 GMT
#1212
On November 02 2015 22:51 Velr wrote:
After watching some more.


Is it just me or do some characters just feel/seem very bland?

My main «Issue» is with McCree. He is basically just a walking Revolver and nothing else? Sure there is his stun grenade but the main use of it is also just to setup for his Pistol?
The only other Hero that seems to be that one dimensional is Soldier 47 (but his skills are actually more varied)?

Am i missing something ?


Not really, tends to be like that when you split the weapons like this... I'd be most worried about some of the healing heroes like Mercy and the human turret Bastion being dull, I think McCree is still much more interesting than watching those.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
November 02 2015 15:26 GMT
#1213
Right now this guy http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull is using Lucio and his wall walking to jump around between walls like spiderman. It's insane to watch.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 02 2015 15:36 GMT
#1214
Watching him run half the map without touching the ground is pretty nuts. But at the same time it feels balanced because he can't really do much by himself as a support, so it just lets him get some harass in.
It's your boy Guzma!
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
November 02 2015 16:14 GMT
#1215
Having thought a bit more about competitive play in Overwatch i feel like a stopwatch mode will be an almost necessity, the alternatives are just not as exciting to play or for the viewers to watch.
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
November 02 2015 16:22 GMT
#1216
I think a game mode where you have 2 control points and you need to hold them at the same time for them to count could be very interesting, especially if you can't go quickly between the two, meaning the teams need to split up but protect one area while capturing the other...

I like the overtime feature though, it gives a lot of extra drama in close matches
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 02 2015 16:26 GMT
#1217
Honestly as much as I'll play the hell out of this game, I dunno how much I'd watch it. I find shooters really awkward to watch - either you jump from person to person or you zoom out. If you're jumping from player to player, you never really get a good feel of where the game's at and you only get to see big plays but not the overall flow. If you watch the overhead, it's hard to see individual skill, at least for me.

I guess if I watched more it would be less like that, but I've just never enjoyed it as much as watching an RTS or MOBA.
It's your boy Guzma!
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
November 02 2015 16:34 GMT
#1218
On November 03 2015 01:26 Requizen wrote:
Honestly as much as I'll play the hell out of this game, I dunno how much I'd watch it. I find shooters really awkward to watch - either you jump from person to person or you zoom out. If you're jumping from player to player, you never really get a good feel of where the game's at and you only get to see big plays but not the overall flow. If you watch the overhead, it's hard to see individual skill, at least for me.

I guess if I watched more it would be less like that, but I've just never enjoyed it as much as watching an RTS or MOBA.


I can agree that it is a problem. CS GO seems to have a large viewer-ship yet I often find that I miss stuff as a spectator and watch less due to that.
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 16:38:50
November 02 2015 16:38 GMT
#1219
On November 03 2015 01:34 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 01:26 Requizen wrote:
Honestly as much as I'll play the hell out of this game, I dunno how much I'd watch it. I find shooters really awkward to watch - either you jump from person to person or you zoom out. If you're jumping from player to player, you never really get a good feel of where the game's at and you only get to see big plays but not the overall flow. If you watch the overhead, it's hard to see individual skill, at least for me.

I guess if I watched more it would be less like that, but I've just never enjoyed it as much as watching an RTS or MOBA.


I can agree that it is a problem. CS GO seems to have a large viewer-ship yhttp://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/mythreads.phpet I often find that I miss stuff as a spectator and watch less due to that.

The viewership for CSGO really started to grow with the skin gambling and crates.

'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
November 02 2015 16:45 GMT
#1220
Gambling increased it esp for smaller tournies, games and even teams. But skins is what did it in general due to the vast amount of people playing csgo.

I enjoy csgo a lot and seeing fpv of people headshotting or going massive 1v2 or 1v3 still gets me hyped as well. I rarely miss anything in CSGO as a spectator admittedly partially because i play it but I also think its because the game with its round based and tactical gameplay is slow enough to see. As I stated before I worry a little about Overwatch because the gameplay is so fast, COD is just terrible to watch for me when they play domination/HQ.

However Halo was also pretty fast and a large amount of people enjoyed watching that even though I never did so I am not so sure
WriterXiao8~~
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
ProTech141
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever351
canceldota126
League of Legends
Doublelift4421
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4365
Other Games
summit1g5132
C9.Mang0316
Liquid`Hasu265
JimRising 257
ToD196
JuggernautJason23
PPMD23
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 84
• poizon28 40
• musti20045 28
• RyuSc2 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21769
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur603
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
20m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 20m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.