• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:29
CEST 23:29
KST 06:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8933 users

General Discussion - Page 57

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
October 30 2015 17:13 GMT
#1121
I think people are speculating too much. They haven't announced that the new division will be taking over or theyre disbanding the traditional Blizzard esports divisions.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 30 2015 17:19 GMT
#1122
On October 31 2015 02:13 lestye wrote:
I think people are speculating too much. They haven't announced that the new division will be taking over or theyre disbanding the traditional Blizzard esports divisions.

Or they are just having that same division handle more than just Blizzard games. There is few reasons Activision to have two production studios and have a bunch of redundant skills.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17916 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 17:44:35
October 30 2015 17:41 GMT
#1123
On October 31 2015 02:13 lestye wrote:
I think people are speculating too much. They haven't announced that the new division will be taking over or theyre disbanding the traditional Blizzard esports divisions.


Kotick doesn't talk big unless he backs it up.
everything esports will be under Mike Sepso and Steve Bornstein.

Steve Bornstein is 2 management rungs above Morhaime on the ATVI executive ladder.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSnBw225547a 100 BSW20151022
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 30 2015 17:45 GMT
#1124
I second the comment about there being characters for each playstyle. Personally I will be playing Junkrat and that Rocket/flying chick. Will probably try the turret dude and some fast scouts or stealth characters. Big slow brutes and precision sniper characters are not my thing.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
October 30 2015 17:46 GMT
#1125
On October 31 2015 00:32 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 00:17 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
So basically SC2 isn't fun to play?

It is zero fun to play every once and a while. It’s a game you either dive deep into or ignore. It’s the RTS problem in nutshell.

This is exactly how I feel about Overwatch atm. After the initial excitement of getting into the beta and playing a new game, I'm ultimately faced with "do I want to spend a lot of time and become a decent player and enjoy that?" and if the answer is no then I'll just ignore the game. I do have fun just dabbling in some arcade games but I know there are people who take arcade games as seriously as I take SC2 and otherwise they wouldn't play. For whatever reason, some people are able to accept their current ability and have fun, but only with some games and not with others, and those games are different for everyone. I'm sure it's probably true that the current gaming population would have more immediate fun with Overwatch than SC2 multiplayer but for me it's the opposite.

There have been weeks or months that I don't play SC2 and then I get the bug to play it and I enjoy picking it up again. For Overwatch so far, I just feel like I don't know the ranges on skills and my accuracy sucks and I can't keep track of all the other players in the game so it's overwhelming and stressful. Maybe if I learn it once then coming back to it won't be so bad. But initially learning it feels more like initially learning a difficult piano piece right now. Can't hear the music of the song at all before spending a lot of time learning the new techniques and working on bringing it up to tempo.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
October 30 2015 17:46 GMT
#1126
On October 31 2015 00:19 lestye wrote:

Show nested quote +
On October 30 2015 07:58 Aylear wrote:
On October 30 2015 07:48 Chairman Ray wrote:
Any more recommendations of high skill streams? I've been watching mostly:
http://www.twitch.tv/clockwork
http://www.twitch.tv/b4nny


http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g - CS player
http://www.twitch.tv/zp_tv - Tribes player
http://www.twitch.tv/stermytv - Arena FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/kudochop - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/pyyyour - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/carnagejohnson - Quake/TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/coolmatt69 - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/talespinlol - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/flame - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/dahang - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/ohcrocsle - Day of Defeat player
http://www.twitch.tv/lolenigma - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/b4nny - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/clockwork - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/2gd - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/fazz
http://www.twitch.tv/juv3niletv - CoD player
http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/outc1der - Battlefield / Dirty Bomb player
http://www.twitch.tv/milleniumtv2 - ?



Oh wow did you know all these people or did you look up by their Twitch description? Anyway that's awesome. Thanks for the list.

No problem! Credit goes to Reddit for most of that list, I just added a couple more like Talespin, Fazz, and Seagull. People I already know and can recommend.
TL+ Member
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
October 30 2015 17:49 GMT
#1127
On October 31 2015 01:02 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 00:39 Hider wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:17 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
So basically SC2 isn't fun to play?


Sc2 feels like difficulty for the sake of difficulty. Lots of stuff you have to memorize, accurate timings you need to refine. Lots of stuff where you make clicks for teh sake of clicking (macro). Then once in a while you might get to actually control your units in an engagement, but the micro interactions - at least prior to LOTV - were generally not good. And then if you make one small mistake, you can easily just lose the game right afterwards.

All true, that is why I found more fun RTS to play

As for Overwatch, the game looks as fun as older FPS I used to play when I was younger (quake, quake 2, TF1) so I am looking forward to playing it.


Sorry but micro interactions in slow motion isn't fun either.

Give me fast-paced RTS with a low learning curve and let me control large armies and I am sold.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17916 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 17:52:12
October 30 2015 17:51 GMT
#1128
my solution to playing games like Overwatch casually is to use a Tank type character with healing as an ability. This way you can make mistakes and you still have a chance to contribute in some way.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 30 2015 17:51 GMT
#1129
On October 30 2015 00:20 Aylear wrote:
From Reddit:

http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g - CS player
http://www.twitch.tv/zp_tv - Tribes player
http://www.twitch.tv/stermytv - Arena FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/kudochop - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/pyyyour - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/carnagejohnson - Quake/TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/coolmatt69 - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/talespinlol - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/flame - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/dahang - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/ohcrocsle - Day of Defeat player
http://www.twitch.tv/lolenigma - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/b4nny - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/clockwork - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/2gd - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/juv3niletv - CoD player
http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/outc1der - Battlefield / Dirty Bomb player
http://www.twitch.tv/milleniumtv2 - ?

Watching a_seagull right now because he got linked in this thread, and yeah the dude is nuts with Demoman Junkrat.

Edit: Can also mention that talespin was the best Tribes: Ascend sniper in the game for a while. I'll bet he's utterly ridiculous as Widowmaker, but I haven't seen his stream yet.


This is a great list and I'm enjoying watching these people.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
October 30 2015 17:53 GMT
#1130
On October 31 2015 02:51 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2015 00:20 Aylear wrote:
From Reddit:

http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g - CS player
http://www.twitch.tv/zp_tv - Tribes player
http://www.twitch.tv/stermytv - Arena FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/kudochop - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/pyyyour - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/carnagejohnson - Quake/TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/coolmatt69 - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/talespinlol - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/flame - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/dahang - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/ohcrocsle - Day of Defeat player
http://www.twitch.tv/lolenigma - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/b4nny - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/clockwork - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/2gd - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/juv3niletv - CoD player
http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/outc1der - Battlefield / Dirty Bomb player
http://www.twitch.tv/milleniumtv2 - ?

Watching a_seagull right now because he got linked in this thread, and yeah the dude is nuts with Demoman Junkrat.

Edit: Can also mention that talespin was the best Tribes: Ascend sniper in the game for a while. I'll bet he's utterly ridiculous as Widowmaker, but I haven't seen his stream yet.


This is a great list and I'm enjoying watching these people.


No problem! Quote the updated list though, added a couple of really good ones:

On October 30 2015 07:58 Aylear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2015 07:48 Chairman Ray wrote:
Any more recommendations of high skill streams? I've been watching mostly:
http://www.twitch.tv/clockwork
http://www.twitch.tv/b4nny


http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g - CS player
http://www.twitch.tv/zp_tv - Tribes player
http://www.twitch.tv/stermytv - Arena FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/kudochop - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/pyyyour - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/carnagejohnson - Quake/TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/coolmatt69 - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/talespinlol - Class based team FPS player (multiple games)
http://www.twitch.tv/flame - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/dahang - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/ohcrocsle - Day of Defeat player
http://www.twitch.tv/lolenigma - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/b4nny - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/clockwork - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/2gd - Quake player
http://www.twitch.tv/fazz
http://www.twitch.tv/juv3niletv - CoD player
http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull - TF2 player
http://www.twitch.tv/outc1der - Battlefield / Dirty Bomb player
http://www.twitch.tv/milleniumtv2 - ?

I can personally recommend:
http://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull for being good with Pharah and awesome with Junkrat. He's got some crazy skill shots.

http://www.twitch.tv/2gd and http://www.twitch.tv/fazz play together (they are streaming as of writing) and they play offbeat heroes like Zenyatta and Symmetra and making them look brilliant. Fazz is the best Zenyatta I've seen so far.

http://www.twitch.tv/talespinlol is a looong time competitive player who was the best sniper in Tribes: Ascend by far. He's on a journey through all the characters right now and hasn't settled on a class yet, but if he settles on Widowmaker he is probably going to be completely insane again.

http://www.twitch.tv/coolmatt69 doesn't miss with Reaper, and he plays with Talespin. Offensive teleports are more of a thing than you'd think they'd be.

http://www.twitch.tv/clockwork is the best Scout player in TF2 (playing for the best, currently undefeated team). He plays Tracer in Overwatch, which is a match made in heaven. He's the guy who had the 23 kill streak YouTube video that was linked in here earlier.
TL+ Member
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17916 Posts
October 30 2015 18:28 GMT
#1131
if u r upset about not getting into the Overwatch Beta there is a beta for a similar game called Battleborn going on now. it seems they are letting everyone in. there is an NDA though.

https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-join-battleborns-closed-technical-test-on-october-29/

these 2 games look like direct competitors
so far i prefer Overwatch over Battleborn.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
October 30 2015 18:39 GMT
#1132
On October 31 2015 03:28 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
if u r upset about not getting into the Overwatch Beta there is a beta for a similar game called Battleborn going on now. it seems they are letting everyone in. there is an NDA though.

https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-join-battleborns-closed-technical-test-on-october-29/

these 2 games look like direct competitors
so far i prefer Overwatch over Battleborn.


Thanks! Yea they gave me my key straight away, will play until I get invited to OW.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
October 30 2015 18:42 GMT
#1133
TL+ Member
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 19:18:18
October 30 2015 18:50 GMT
#1134
On October 31 2015 00:17 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
So basically SC2 isn't fun to play?

I don't know, I have a lot of fun with SC2. If it ever loses it's steam, I just take my leave for another game for at most a couple of months but SC2 for as many problems it might have is always the most "fun" to go back to for me personally, more so than any moba or fps. There's a certain gratification that I get from playing Starcraft more than any other game.

Anyways to get back on topic, I think just from my base impressions of playing Overwatch for a couple days that this game will be the next evolution of the "Team Fortress" genre because this is going to be the game where it's fun enough for people to get into when you're playing with friends (the social aspect in mobas makes it all the more appealing for example), the interface is extremely well done even in it's alpha state and the game has that Blizzard level of polish even this early in development (art, movement, shooting mechanics, etc). You're playing Team Fortress objectives with characters that fits into the TF archetype but it has more diversity in terms of characters and the shooting mechanica might appeal to more people.

I'm not entirely this will be the next big hit like League but I think Blizzard is on the right direction for making this game attractive to people that aren't really into FPS's like how Hearthstone is able to reach an audience with a little to moderate interest in the TCG genre. I could totally see someone who might not be into Counter Strike or other games where you die within a couple of shots because Overwatch puts an emphasis on requiring roles that doesn't rely on having to have precise aim. That's not to say I don't think this game takes skill, I just think that because the of way the game is designed, it makes it so I could see people who might be put off by a hardcore FPS like CS could totally get into Overwatch. It really makes sense to me why Blizzard from a development standpoint decided on making Overwatch the way it is.

Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 20:19:22
October 30 2015 19:28 GMT
#1135
I'm not entirely this will be the next big hit like League


It probably won't be if its not F2P since an upfront-fee is a major barrier for people in the easy. If its F2P, I think it is a real possibility that it could overtake LOLs throne as the biggest game within a couple of years.

But most likely, it will be $20 upfront + microtransactions in forms of skins/weapons. That's the safer solution and is almost guaranteed generate hundreds of millions of dollars.

That's not to say I don't think this game takes skill, I just think that because the of way the game is designed, it makes it so I could see people who might be put off by a hardcore FPS like CS could totally get into Overwatch.


The thing about this game that stands out to me is how it appeals to so many different players. I was watching a stream of Summi1t, who said he didn't like Tracer cus it had too much movement speed (which wasn't for him).

Then I watched another stream said he didn't like Hanzo cus too much aim, loved Trazer.. And you probably also hear some (girls typically) say they prefer support/tanks because they have shitty mechanics (that's my stereotype!).

And as you say, you are going to attract alot more people than Counterstrike which is a lot of waiting --> 100-0 --> more waiting.

Some of that is still in OW since you can play high precision + high damage dealer heroes. But you can also opt for heroes where you constantly battle. It's probably the FPS game that the most amount of people will find some type of pleasure in.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
October 30 2015 19:50 GMT
#1136
On October 31 2015 04:28 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
I'm not entirely this will be the next big hit like League


It probably won't be if its not F2P since an upfront-fee is a major barrier for people in the easy. If its F2P, I think it is a real possibility that it could overtake LOLs throne as the biggest game within a couple of years.

But most likely, it will be $20 upfront + microtransactions in forms of skins/weapons. That's the safer solution and is almost guaranteed generate hundreds of millions of dollars.

Show nested quote +
That's not to say I don't think this game takes skill, I just think that because the of way the game is designed, it makes it so I could see people who might be put off by a hardcore FPS like CS could totally get into Overwatch.


The thing about this game that stands out to me is how it appeals to so many different players. I was watching a stream of Summi1t, who said he didn't like Tracer cus it had too much movement speed (which wasn't for him).

Then I watched another stream said he didn't like Hanzo cus too much aim. And you probably also hear some (girls typically) say they prefer supports because they have shitty mechanics (that's my stereotype!).

And as you say, you are going to attract alot more people than Counterstrike which is a lot of waiting --> 100-0 --> waiting. Some of that is still in OW since you can play high precision + high damage dealer heroes. But you can also opt for heroes where you constantly battle.


Exactly my thoughts. This agme manages to be extremely good while also appealing to a huge audience. It's like some kinda mega hybrid.
shin ken
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Germany614 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 19:59:03
October 30 2015 19:55 GMT
#1137
I feel so bad right now.

A friend (who was rocking the servers for 2 days straight right from his first match, as he was an Enemy Territory pro) allowed me to borrow his acc to test the game for a day.

Long story short: I'm incredibly bad in the game and lost for hours upon hours, doing stupid stuff and being mostly dead. I really hope there's no ELO in this game yet, because by now the acc is probably in ELO hell.

On a positive note: There was no-one flaming me or being rude even though I probably stressed the nerves of my teammates to extreme levels. I guess that's the upside of a very closed beta.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 30 2015 20:06 GMT
#1138
On October 31 2015 02:49 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 01:02 -Archangel- wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:39 Hider wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:17 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
So basically SC2 isn't fun to play?


Sc2 feels like difficulty for the sake of difficulty. Lots of stuff you have to memorize, accurate timings you need to refine. Lots of stuff where you make clicks for teh sake of clicking (macro). Then once in a while you might get to actually control your units in an engagement, but the micro interactions - at least prior to LOTV - were generally not good. And then if you make one small mistake, you can easily just lose the game right afterwards.

All true, that is why I found more fun RTS to play

As for Overwatch, the game looks as fun as older FPS I used to play when I was younger (quake, quake 2, TF1) so I am looking forward to playing it.


Sorry but micro interactions in slow motion isn't fun either.

Give me fast-paced RTS with a low learning curve and let me control large armies and I am sold.

You already have that with sc2.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 20:20:51
October 30 2015 20:16 GMT
#1139
On October 31 2015 05:06 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 02:49 Hider wrote:
On October 31 2015 01:02 -Archangel- wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:39 Hider wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:17 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
So basically SC2 isn't fun to play?


Sc2 feels like difficulty for the sake of difficulty. Lots of stuff you have to memorize, accurate timings you need to refine. Lots of stuff where you make clicks for teh sake of clicking (macro). Then once in a while you might get to actually control your units in an engagement, but the micro interactions - at least prior to LOTV - were generally not good. And then if you make one small mistake, you can easily just lose the game right afterwards.

All true, that is why I found more fun RTS to play

As for Overwatch, the game looks as fun as older FPS I used to play when I was younger (quake, quake 2, TF1) so I am looking forward to playing it.


Sorry but micro interactions in slow motion isn't fun either.

Give me fast-paced RTS with a low learning curve and let me control large armies and I am sold.

You already have that with sc2.


Really? Sc2 has a low learning curve?

And Sc2 isn't fast-paced. Units move fast, but you don't have any engagements for the most of the game.
Fast-paced = Lots of engagements all the time and everywhere + fast-moving units.

No developers has yet been able to develop such an RTS game (yet).
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
October 30 2015 20:23 GMT
#1140
^ broodwar!
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 549
ProTech139
RuFF_SC2 116
Nina 99
Liquid`TLO 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17944
firebathero 90
PianO 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever272
canceldota51
League of Legends
Doublelift3345
Counter-Strike
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu912
Other Games
summit1g5339
FrodaN1244
shahzam507
ToD267
mouzStarbuck265
B2W.Neo259
C9.Mang0228
RotterdaM90
Mew2King51
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile147
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie997
• Shiphtur614
Upcoming Events
OSC
46m
Replay Cast
1h 31m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.