• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:36
CEST 18:36
KST 01:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War225.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8584 users

[wow] Warlords of Draenor - Page 212

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 591 Next
Add yourself to the player list
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
November 01 2014 11:00 GMT
#4221
On November 01 2014 18:27 Firebolt145 wrote:
Firebolt145#2418

And yes. 320 ping not fun. I think I get ~150-160 on Tich which is fine.

Your ping will be amazing when if you move to Sydney though
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
November 01 2014 11:36 GMT
#4222
On November 01 2014 20:00 pachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 18:27 Firebolt145 wrote:
Firebolt145#2418

And yes. 320 ping not fun. I think I get ~150-160 on Tich which is fine.

Your ping will be amazing when if you move to Sydney though


my ping went up by 50 after the change, I'm sad
ffxiv enjoyer
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 01 2014 11:50 GMT
#4223
On November 01 2014 20:00 pachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 18:27 Firebolt145 wrote:
Firebolt145#2418

And yes. 320 ping not fun. I think I get ~150-160 on Tich which is fine.

Your ping will be amazing when if you move to Sydney though

Not happening for at least 3-4 years.
Moderator
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
November 01 2014 16:41 GMT
#4224
I'm learning how to tank a bit on my blood dk just for fun. I just ran Stormstout Brewery because I don't think I'm ready for any type of raid tanking. At the beginning you need to pull a lot of mobs and keep them focused on you while the dps kills them (of course, they aren't that high-hp so you can kill them as well). As a blood dk, what abilities can I use to keep aggro on a large group? I can only do a couple of blood boils at a time, and they don't do that much damage to each mob.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-01 17:13:16
November 01 2014 17:12 GMT
#4225
On November 02 2014 01:41 micronesia wrote:
I'm learning how to tank a bit on my blood dk just for fun. I just ran Stormstout Brewery because I don't think I'm ready for any type of raid tanking. At the beginning you need to pull a lot of mobs and keep them focused on you while the dps kills them (of course, they aren't that high-hp so you can kill them as well). As a blood dk, what abilities can I use to keep aggro on a large group? I can only do a couple of blood boils at a time, and they don't do that much damage to each mob.


Use Death Strike to get Death Runes then spam Blood Boil. Ruinic Corruption or Leech should let you keep aggro unless dps vastly overgears you, in which case you're not keeping aggro anyway. Make sure you have diseases on everyone obv.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
November 01 2014 17:20 GMT
#4226
How do you apply diseases on everyone? Against one enemy it's pretty easy... but is there away to apply to multiple enemies at a time like there used to be?
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-01 17:23:50
November 01 2014 17:23 GMT
#4227
Blood Boil spreads diseases. The old Pestilence is built into it. So spam that for aoe tanking; damage and disease spread
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 01 2014 17:26 GMT
#4228
I'm exploding a lot in BG's.
Moderator
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
November 01 2014 17:29 GMT
#4229
Oh cool now this is making a lot more sense. So Death strike helps with runes (in addition to its multiple other benefits). As soon as I can, use outbreak. Then blood boil will spread the diseases, and use blood boil as much as I can.

When do I use death and decay instead? Whenever it's available assuming enemies aren't moving much?
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22656 Posts
November 01 2014 17:31 GMT
#4230
On November 02 2014 02:29 micronesia wrote:
Oh cool now this is making a lot more sense. So Death strike helps with runes (in addition to its multiple other benefits). As soon as I can, use outbreak. Then blood boil will spread the diseases, and use blood boil as much as I can.

When do I use death and decay instead? Whenever it's available assuming enemies aren't moving much?

Its been a while since I played my DK but generally put down a D&D on the spot where you are tanking mobs when you pull them. However it depends on the speed at which things die. If your only going to spend a couple of seconds on each group then its probably not worth it. Just applying diseases and bloodboil should cover that.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22656 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-01 17:33:46
November 01 2014 17:33 GMT
#4231
On November 02 2014 02:26 Firebolt145 wrote:
I'm exploding a lot in BG's.

your fighting people with gear while not having gear yourself. its natural, this late into the game I wouldnt bother much with pvp tho. I heard the gains are terrible and your better off gearing up on the timeless isle and then just waiting for WoD 2 weeks from now. Even in just 496 stuff you will be blazing through the first zone.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 01 2014 18:11 GMT
#4232
On November 02 2014 02:29 micronesia wrote:
Oh cool now this is making a lot more sense. So Death strike helps with runes (in addition to its multiple other benefits). As soon as I can, use outbreak. Then blood boil will spread the diseases, and use blood boil as much as I can.

When do I use death and decay instead? Whenever it's available assuming enemies aren't moving much?


Put down DnD whenever it's free from that one proc (if it still exists, haven't played Blood since the pruning). Death Strike turns 1 frost and 1 unholy rune into a Death Rune, meaning it can be used as ANY rune, but for your purposes, that means you can use it to have 2 more Blood Boils if you're not taking enough damage that you need the healing/shield from Death Strike again.

Death Strike also procs Ruinic Corruption (if that's what you're using instead of Plague Leech, which is better for raid bosses but not anything else IMO). Which gives you a short duration double rune regen. Don't use Ruinic Empowerment. It was awesome when it was a Frost talent, but they nerfed it hard in MoP.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 01 2014 18:16 GMT
#4233
On November 02 2014 02:33 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2014 02:26 Firebolt145 wrote:
I'm exploding a lot in BG's.

your fighting people with gear while not having gear yourself. its natural, this late into the game I wouldnt bother much with pvp tho. I heard the gains are terrible and your better off gearing up on the timeless isle and then just waiting for WoD 2 weeks from now. Even in just 496 stuff you will be blazing through the first zone.

I'm pretty aware of why it's happening. I'm just playing the occasional BG to get used to how my character plays since I haven't touched the game since Cataclysm.
Moderator
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
November 01 2014 18:24 GMT
#4234
Oh, then another tanking question. How important is it to know exactly how raid battles in previous tiers work? For example, I read the icy veins article on the three giant quilen battle at the beginning of tier 14... and it seems extremely complicated. Both tanks have to coordinate to position the various quilen in different places. It would take me a while of studying to really understand it all before I was able to execute the strategy as a tank, and this is just one of the many previous tier raid bosses. Compare that with dps where you can just read for like 20-30 seconds and you have the gist of most raid bosses.

When does it become necessary to actually know the details of an encounter to tank in LFR?
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Atreides
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2393 Posts
November 01 2014 18:42 GMT
#4235
Well in lfr version that particular fight is not complicated at all, in general as a tank, you just go in and whisper the other tank "I've never been here as tank what do I do?" and it can get you through like all lfr.
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
November 01 2014 18:46 GMT
#4236
On November 02 2014 03:42 Atreides wrote:
Well in lfr version that particular fight is not complicated at all, in general as a tank, you just go in and whisper the other tank "I've never been here as tank what do I do?" and it can get you through like all lfr.


LFR is just tank all together, yeah, but I don't remember the normal version of it being overly complicated

off the top of my head, it's just one tank takes one quilen and the other tank takes two, and taunt the dog that's reaching full energy?

Some people learn better from executing instead of reading, and wiping is an unavoidable part of progression.
ffxiv enjoyer
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
November 01 2014 20:43 GMT
#4237
You're never required to know what to do in LFR. Most of the time its plagued with AFK/Bots.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
November 01 2014 22:37 GMT
#4238
On November 02 2014 03:24 micronesia wrote:
Oh, then another tanking question. How important is it to know exactly how raid battles in previous tiers work? For example, I read the icy veins article on the three giant quilen battle at the beginning of tier 14... and it seems extremely complicated. Both tanks have to coordinate to position the various quilen in different places. It would take me a while of studying to really understand it all before I was able to execute the strategy as a tank, and this is just one of the many previous tier raid bosses. Compare that with dps where you can just read for like 20-30 seconds and you have the gist of most raid bosses.

When does it become necessary to actually know the details of an encounter to tank in LFR?

get that glyph that turns outbreak into a runic power spell instead of a cooldown
put diseases on target and spam blood boil
deathstrike for unholy/frost runes and blood boil for blood runes
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-02 06:27:16
November 02 2014 06:26 GMT
#4239
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Take a minute to look for it...

Who cares about fixate phase if you never hit it?
ffxiv enjoyer
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 02 2014 06:54 GMT
#4240
On November 02 2014 15:26 Stancel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Take a minute to look for it...

Who cares about fixate phase if you never hit it?


Must be on Flex, it auto-wipes you on 30 in higher difficulties.
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 591 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27893
Calm 6522
Bisu 1993
Jaedong 1422
Larva 720
BeSt 499
Light 455
Soma 451
Stork 360
Snow 315
[ Show more ]
Rush 287
ZerO 234
Free 145
Barracks 113
Zeus 106
Mind 106
910 95
Killer 38
Trap 36
Shinee 34
Hyun 33
Terrorterran 29
ToSsGirL 27
Rock 22
Aegong 22
Bale 21
sorry 16
Sexy 11
soO 11
Sacsri 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8420
XaKoH 410
Counter-Strike
fl0m4071
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes540
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko893
B2W.Neo673
FrodaN630
mouzStarbuck252
Beastyqt249
DeMusliM194
Hui .174
Livibee174
RotterdaM135
C9.Mang099
Trikslyr92
KnowMe77
QueenE76
Mew2King48
BRAT_OK 37
edward22
ZerO(Twitch)20
MindelVK17
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2686
• TFBlade577
Other Games
• Shiphtur800
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 24m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.