• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:56
CEST 13:56
KST 20:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9359 users

Myth kickstarter- Diablo like board game - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Maxyim
Profile Joined March 2012
430 Posts
April 15 2013 17:55 GMT
#21
Um is that a rat?
Cornstyle
Profile Joined October 2010
United States147 Posts
April 16 2013 06:08 GMT
#22
How did this not pop up yet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series)

And please tell me someone on this forum has played this amazing game at some point in their life? Dwarven bomb throwers plus those physics!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 16 2013 06:26 GMT
#23
On April 16 2013 15:08 Cornstyle wrote:
How did this not pop up yet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series)

And please tell me someone on this forum has played this amazing game at some point in their life? Dwarven bomb throwers plus those physics!

I clicked this thread just because I read "myth" and am disappointed (as usual) that that venerated name is being used by something with marginal appeal. XD

I always wonder what would happen if Myth:TFL or Myth 2 existed more in the time of esports, sigh...


This board game is more remarkable for the concept of the experience than the game itself I think. Kind of cool, not really what I'm in to. I just don't understand co-op'ing without action.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Cornstyle
Profile Joined October 2010
United States147 Posts
April 16 2013 09:03 GMT
#24
On April 16 2013 15:26 EatThePath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2013 15:08 Cornstyle wrote:
How did this not pop up yet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series)

And please tell me someone on this forum has played this amazing game at some point in their life? Dwarven bomb throwers plus those physics!

I clicked this thread just because I read "myth" and am disappointed (as usual) that that venerated name is being used by something with marginal appeal. XD

I always wonder what would happen if Myth:TFL or Myth 2 existed more in the time of esports, sigh...


This board game is more remarkable for the concept of the experience than the game itself I think. Kind of cool, not really what I'm in to. I just don't understand co-op'ing without action.


Do you happen to still have the game? I guess I could torrent it but just seeing this thread makes me want to play it again. Myth was one of the highlights of my early gaming life! And epic tears for all these youngins you don't know the real Myth.
Detri
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom683 Posts
April 16 2013 09:15 GMT
#25
On April 06 2013 06:53 ain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 04:33 a176 wrote:
I think maybe they went a bit overboard with the Blizzard influences

You mean Warhammer influences. Those are clearly Tyranids and Orks.

Also a Skaven hero, and the high elves have a blindfolded hero too. Swords and bows are also from warhammer.

Heck, that one dude is even carrying a warhammer proper.



You mean HeroQuest, right? :D
The poor are thieves, beggars and whores, the rich are politicians, solicitors and courtesans...
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
April 16 2013 09:20 GMT
#26
Too cartoony for my money...
Cornstyle
Profile Joined October 2010
United States147 Posts
April 16 2013 09:28 GMT
#27
On April 16 2013 18:15 Detri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 06:53 ain wrote:
On April 06 2013 04:33 a176 wrote:
I think maybe they went a bit overboard with the Blizzard influences

You mean Warhammer influences. Those are clearly Tyranids and Orks.

Also a Skaven hero, and the high elves have a blindfolded hero too. Swords and bows are also from warhammer.

Heck, that one dude is even carrying a warhammer proper.



You mean HeroQuest, right? :D


The basic units in the game mentioned are definitely based off of Games Workshop figurines
MaestroSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2073 Posts
April 16 2013 18:40 GMT
#28
On April 06 2013 06:53 ain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 04:33 a176 wrote:
I think maybe they went a bit overboard with the Blizzard influences

You mean Warhammer influences. Those are clearly Tyranids and Orks.

Also a Skaven hero, and the high elves have a blindfolded hero too. Swords and bows are also from warhammer.

Heck, that one dude is even carrying a warhammer proper.


because Orcs... elves... swords and bows never existed until Warhammer... ?

Just saying this conversation can go on forever...

Orcs and Elves are pretty much fair-game in fantasy by this point...

and claiming swords and bows = warhammer is.. im just going to assume im being trolled miserably.
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 01:39:59
April 16 2013 19:22 GMT
#29
Total is up to $233,081 with 7 days left, unlocking the Elemental minions stretch goal. New stretch goals have been added along with new add-on purchases+ Show Spoiler +
:[image loading]

[image loading]
[image loading]


EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 16 2013 22:36 GMT
#30
On April 16 2013 18:03 Cornstyle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2013 15:26 EatThePath wrote:
On April 16 2013 15:08 Cornstyle wrote:
How did this not pop up yet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series)

And please tell me someone on this forum has played this amazing game at some point in their life? Dwarven bomb throwers plus those physics!

I clicked this thread just because I read "myth" and am disappointed (as usual) that that venerated name is being used by something with marginal appeal. XD

I always wonder what would happen if Myth:TFL or Myth 2 existed more in the time of esports, sigh...


This board game is more remarkable for the concept of the experience than the game itself I think. Kind of cool, not really what I'm in to. I just don't understand co-op'ing without action.


Do you happen to still have the game? I guess I could torrent it but just seeing this thread makes me want to play it again. Myth was one of the highlights of my early gaming life! And epic tears for all these youngins you don't know the real Myth.

Seriously. Yeah I have the game CDs. (Never played myth 3, too much bad rep.) I play the campaigns every couple years and it still moves me.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
April 20 2013 21:13 GMT
#31
about to hit the 325k stretch goal tonight, and they just announced the stretch goals up to 500k.

What I find very interesting: I scrolled through the list of backers and did not see a single one that only backed this kickstarter, almost everyone had dozens of projects backed, some even several hundred.

I'm going to back as well, for me it's going to be the 2nd backing ever.
Here be Dragons
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
April 22 2013 19:17 GMT
#32
Up to 420k now with 43 hours to go. You get a crazy amount of models to go with the game for $100 with all the stretch goals.
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
April 23 2013 19:18 GMT
#33
Total is up to $550k with 19 hours to go and more stretch goals have been added. The $100 captain level will likely resell for double that on ebay after the fact with all the stretch goal bonuses and kickstarter exclusives.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
April 23 2013 19:59 GMT
#34
The stretch goals have exploded the last day. I love it :D
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 01:18:03
April 23 2013 20:02 GMT
#35
Yes, I am considering getting double "captain" level pledges, for double the stretch goals. It seems likely I could sell the extra copy on ebay with the stretch goal bonus stuff for $200 or more and pay for both of them that way.

Oh and they just announced a new mini-boss added for all pledges of $75 or more:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/posts/462091

[image loading]
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 20:29:21
April 23 2013 20:27 GMT
#36
So, this is the first time i want to back something on kickstarter, is there any way of doing this if i don't have a credit card, or is this one of those stupid USA things where you have to have one or you can't take part? I got a perfectly fine paypal account, and an amazon account for which i so far also never needed a credit card, but i don't see any way to use them here. Is this just impossible?
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 20:48:39
April 23 2013 20:44 GMT
#37
I'm not sure, I pledged thru amazon, but have a credit card attached to my account there. I posted the question on the Myth forums at boardgamegeek.com and I'm sure someone there will know or you can try contacting MERC directly from the contact me link on the kickstarter page and asking them.

I posted the question here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/966763/paypal-or-non-credit-card-options-for-pledging
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
April 23 2013 20:49 GMT
#38
On April 24 2013 05:27 Simberto wrote:
So, this is the first time i want to back something on kickstarter, is there any way of doing this if i don't have a credit card, or is this one of those stupid USA things where you have to have one or you can't take part? I got a perfectly fine paypal account, and an amazon account for which i so far also never needed a credit card, but i don't see any way to use them here. Is this just impossible?


If push comes to shove, let me know, and I'll pledge an extra captain or whatever you want and you do a money transfer to me later.

Like the guy some posts above, I can't see the whole kickstarter thing not fetching more on ebay soonish, so in the worst case, you wouldn't pay me for it, and I'd keep it sealed in mint condition to sell.
Here be Dragons
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
April 23 2013 21:10 GMT
#39
While I'm sure you will get more out of your box on ebay after the kickstarter, I wouldn't be too eager to spend all my food money on it. There is a good chance you're not the only one thinking it, and it wont be worth much more if there is another 100 games out there trying to get sold.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 21:16:47
April 23 2013 21:14 GMT
#40
So, if i understand the guy in that thread correctly, i basically need someone to pledge 1$ for me, and i could then increase that amount with paypal. Can anyone confirm if that is actually how things work? Because this way noone would have to risk 100$ on someone else's honesty.

If this is correct, would someone be willing to pledge 1$ with an account i made on kickstarter? I could either pay you back with paypal or give you some steam game for that, i got a few cheap ones still lying around from some holiday sale.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM792
IndyStarCraft 151
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 816
Lowko414
mouzHeroMarine 289
IndyStarCraft 159
MindelVK 19
Rex 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39227
Free 5939
Jaedong 1669
BeSt 617
Soulkey 429
Horang2 406
Larva 283
Zeus 248
Soma 244
Hyun 127
[ Show more ]
sorry 122
Last 110
Pusan 79
Mind 79
Sexy 72
Yoon 67
Shinee 45
soO 39
Aegong 17
ToSsGirL 17
scan(afreeca) 17
yabsab 17
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5175
Dendi705
XaKoH 433
XcaliburYe202
canceldota20
Counter-Strike
byalli712
Other Games
gofns27846
singsing2319
Coldzera 715
B2W.Neo589
Pyrionflax277
ToD129
trigger5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 11
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV429
League of Legends
• Jankos3530
Upcoming Events
Online Event
4m
TaKeTV 83
CranKy Ducklings14
AI Arena Tournament
5h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 4m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.