welcome to this thread. this thread is devoted to the greatest artistic work ever brought into existence by mankind, an unparalleled achievement of human civilization. this is the thread where you (re)install deus ex
You should already know what Deus Ex is
Deus Ex is a cyberpunk-themed FPS that is also an RPG. It was developed by Ion Storm, the same studio that inflicted Daikatana upon the world, and published by Eidos in the year 2000.
You play as a secret agent in a dystopian future and turn into Superman over the course of the game. You will explore a lot, and you will find something new every time you replay this game.
Deus Ex features:
- Breathtaking graphics
- Astounding voice acting
- Brilliant AI
- Sick burns (spoilers)
- Creative solutions to problems
- Child murder
- Philosophy (spoilers)
- Challenging boss battles
- Awkward bathroom encounters
- Loads of other amazing content
Where to get this masterpiece if you don't have it already
Get it on Steam for $10.
- Deus Ex Fixer: This fixes numerous problems on modern systems. You should probably install this
- Unreal Engine D3D 10 Renderer: Adds bloom and other shiny effects
- Deus Ex Enhanced: Adds stunning anti-aliasing action
- New Vision: Adds high-resolution map textures
- Project HDTP: Makes Gunther's face pretty
You probably don't want to install these on your first playthrough because then you will miss out on the authentic Deus Ex experience. Also, you should back up your old files before installing these.
- Shifter: Improves the aug system slightly, implements alt-fire, showers you with extra skill points, and adds a + Show Spoiler +skull gun
- BioMod: Overhauls the aug system to make certain augs more usable. The package installs both Shifter and BioMod at once
- 2027: This mod is an impressively well-polished prequel to Deus Ex with greatly overhauled gameplay. If you have to choose one TC mod to play, this is the one to get.
- The Nameless Mod: This mod is 10 years in the making, and it features an awful meme-laden Internet forum plot as well as extremely sexy gameplay. TNM is not compatible with Shifter + BioMod, which is why you backed up your files.
- Malkavian Mod: bring me PILLS against my orders
Gameplay tips for anyone new
- The GEP gun is your friend
- Level up Computers
- Read all of the e-mails. Read all of the books. Read everything. Reading is fun
- When rebinding your keyboard keys, bind your augs to your keypad keys
- The game gets much better after Liberty Island so don't quit early on
- Speed + Regen is for scrubs
- Other than that just do what you like
Other cool stuff
- Deus Ex Bible (spoilers!!): The design document for the Deus Ex universe. Contains lots of spoilers so definitely don't read this until you've beaten Deus Ex
- Sunglasses at Night: lol
- Deus Ex speed run (spoilers): Showcases some of the ridiculous stuff you can do in-game
- Yahtzee's song: Excellent
- But this: is the best song in the history of the cosmos