• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:13
CEST 09:13
KST 16:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7031 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 60 Next
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
September 07 2013 03:32 GMT
#621
On September 06 2013 23:48 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 23:40 Trumpet wrote:
On September 06 2013 18:43 Cel.erity wrote:
On September 06 2013 17:29 Demoninja wrote:
On September 04 2013 06:06 Cel.erity wrote:
Chaos Code released on NA PSN today! Only $11.99 and the netcode patch should be coming soon.

KoF XIII is now available on Steam. It's not "officially" released for 10 more days, but if you buy it now, you get access to the beta.


Man I used to be so hype for Chaos Code cause I played it at Southtown a lot lmao.


It's a surprisingly solid game, I think it does suffer from some balance issues though. I like the fact that burst actually costs meter, and the oki isn't very oppressive. I'm going to be updating the Mizuumi wiki over the next few days, I'd like to build this game up before the netcode patch comes out.


Balance issues? Hermes top tier!? Pls say yes!! :D I play CC occasionally when someone brings it but I'm always struggling to remember what I learned last time, never improving. I need to just buy my own copy and spend some time figuring it out.


I wish, Hermes is my favorite character too, but she's pretty bad. Balance patch is coming to arcades soon, but it doesn't address her pitiful damage midscreen.

The main problem with the balance of the game is that some characters (Celia II, Cerberus, Cthylla) just have too few weaknesses, and they can do everything that the low tier does better. It's not 7/3 imbalanced, more like "why am I still playing Labrys when Mitsuru exists" imbalanced.


Back when I played at Southtown I was trying to learn more about Rui. I'll probably pick it up and start experimenting a bit in a few hours. No reason not to mess around with a game I'm still interested in.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 07 2013 03:39 GMT
#622
Damn KOF is fun
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
September 10 2013 03:09 GMT
#623
Chaos Code is the best game in like the past 5 years.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 13 2013 20:29 GMT
#624
KoF XIII got its official Steam release today. I am currently revisiting its hellish trial mode.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
September 13 2013 20:47 GMT
#625
Oh that's true, KOF is officialy released now, so the missions are available.
Gonna try the trials, and probably get pissed on despite me having 90% of the AE trials lol
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 13 2013 21:02 GMT
#626
I can bang out all the SF4 trials in a day, but there are a lot of KoF characters who start to give me fits at trial 5-6. I find them way harder than any other game, even BlazBlue, maybe because I'm using a pad and they require a lot of unnecessarily rapid directional inputs with no buffering. Like giving you 10 frames to go 6321463HP 214HP.

I beasted Leona's trials though, I heard a lot of people had trouble with those.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 13 2013 21:28 GMT
#627
Leona is amazing, she's my main in 13. The rest of my team has been a bit of a revolving door at the point and anchor positions, always making a Leona sandwich
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 13 2013 21:32 GMT
#628
On September 14 2013 06:28 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Leona is amazing, she's my main in 13. The rest of my team has been a bit of a revolving door at the point and anchor positions, always making a Leona sandwich


Same here, I've used Leona since '98. Elisabeth/Leona/EX Iori is my go-to team, but sometimes I use King and Saiki when I want to be annoying.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
September 13 2013 22:09 GMT
#629
The Demo option for the trials is such a great addition to trials in comparison to AE.
I had plenty of time the need to check youtube for trials that required particular settings or if it was with a far or close normal.
Here, no problem, just watch the demo :D

Doesn't make me able to do any of them yet but heh !
I can get like the first 3 on most characters, but that's really it for now.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-14 09:11:05
September 14 2013 09:01 GMT
#630
Does anyone know who casted the recent SS Qualifiers for Marvel? Apparently it was a Swede, but I don't recognize the voice.
EZ4ENCE
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
September 16 2013 00:22 GMT
#631
Has anyone even been watching TFC?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-16 01:21:03
September 16 2013 00:41 GMT
#632
Go FChamp! That phoenix anchor is naaaasssstyyyyy

Edit: LOL ChrisG handled him :O Darn.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
September 16 2013 01:28 GMT
#633
I watched a few of the MK9 Evo matches and I was really impressed with the level of play and skill the game has become (Especially that kabal cyrax final). Just wondering why people don't play it so much anymore and why there isn't much in the way of a following for it either (whats a good youtube MK9 channel?). I understand that cyrax is probably a bit overpowered but the rest of the top finishes were pretty diverse mix of characters, especially since it used to be assumed that like Lui Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage were the best characters at first. Did they get a bunch of nerfs or something? Also, I remember Jax having this weird corner loop thing that looked super cheap did that get nerfed?
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 16 2013 02:17 GMT
#634
On September 16 2013 10:28 MarlieChurphy wrote:
I watched a few of the MK9 Evo matches and I was really impressed with the level of play and skill the game has become (Especially that kabal cyrax final). Just wondering why people don't play it so much anymore and why there isn't much in the way of a following for it either (whats a good youtube MK9 channel?). I understand that cyrax is probably a bit overpowered but the rest of the top finishes were pretty diverse mix of characters, especially since it used to be assumed that like Lui Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage were the best characters at first. Did they get a bunch of nerfs or something? Also, I remember Jax having this weird corner loop thing that looked super cheap did that get nerfed?


Pretty sure Kabal and Kung Lao are considered the best characters in MK9.

As for why it's not played much, well, it's an MK game. The community is smaller because MK is a vastly oversimplified fighting game, suffers from terrible balance, and has (via popular opinion) poor graphics and a lack of footsies. If you like MK, try playing Injustice. It doesn't fix all of these problems, but it does improve on them a lot, and it's currently replaced MK9 as the NRS game of choice.

The best resource for MK/Injustice-related stuff is http://www.testyourmight.com, you can find anything you need there.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
September 16 2013 03:01 GMT
#635
Damn, Xian is really having trouble these days.
I mean, 3rd at TFC is nothing to be ashamed of, but you would expect him to win it really.Chris G seems to be in top shape tho. Hitting all those hard loops on Justin right now !
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
September 16 2013 04:01 GMT
#636
rip #ps3lag
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
September 16 2013 13:54 GMT
#637
So Evo announced that they would use Xbox360 for next year.
EZ4ENCE
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
September 16 2013 14:56 GMT
#638
Was really hoping for Common Sense to pull the upset & beat Chris G in KoF. Met that guy at Final Round, really chill dude and a smart player. Too many good KoF players choke when they get the chance to play a big name (not saying I'm any better, I crumbled vs the few big names I've been matched up against). Really wish Romance had been able to go to give Xian some trouble as their last big set was fantastic, but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Interestingly, neither the SF4 or MvC3 evo champions made grand finals at TFC, which is kind of a shame. I like when the champ is able to consistently defend the crown, at least for a little while.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
September 16 2013 15:23 GMT
#639
On September 16 2013 22:54 WindWolf wrote:
So Evo announced that they would use Xbox360 for next year.

Well, at least one step in the right direction.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 16 2013 18:13 GMT
#640
On September 17 2013 00:23 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2013 22:54 WindWolf wrote:
So Evo announced that they would use Xbox360 for next year.

Well, at least one step in the right direction.


It does mean that there won't be an anime game in the Evo main lineup, though, unless P4C isn't released by then. A lot of people were hoping that BlazBlue would be a main game again.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 155
Hyun 54
sorry 50
NotJumperer 47
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto177
League of Legends
JimRising 531
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g7697
Coldzera 720
ceh9446
WinterStarcraft401
C9.Mang0259
Sick132
olofmeister128
NeuroSwarm89
ViBE19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick592
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Rush1056
• Jankos546
• Stunt403
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 47m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 47m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.