• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:47
CEST 21:47
KST 04:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7165 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 60 Next
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 14:41:24
September 05 2013 14:37 GMT
#601
On September 04 2013 06:06 Cel.erity wrote:
Chaos Code released on NA PSN today! Only $11.99 and the netcode patch should be coming soon.

KoF XIII is now available on Steam. It's not "officially" released for 10 more days, but if you buy it now, you get access to the beta.

I'm thinking about getting ether Skullgirls or KoFXIII, which one would you guys suggest? They both seem to be 'team/group' fighting games, but what are some of the main pro's/con's?
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 05 2013 15:05 GMT
#602
Skullgirls is a team fighting game in the sense that you get to control all of your characters freely, tag them in and out, use their moves for assists, etc. KoF is really just a 1v1 fighting game where when you lose a round, you advance to the next character until all 3 run out. They're actually not very similar.

Skullgirls is based on MvC2, so it's rather fast with an emphasis on air movement, mixups, and long combos. You'll need to learn a team and do some research.

KoF is more similar to Street Fighter, although it's definitely faster and has more emphasis on offense. It has a very heavy execution requirement, so it might take you awhile to do the best stuff if you don't have a deep background in games like that. However, I think it's more playable with low execution than Skullgirls is.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 15:58:31
September 05 2013 15:26 GMT
#603
Thanks, guess I'll be getting KoF but by the time I can get money onto my steam account there won't be any discount for me stupid bank

edit: Also I feel that the roster of 36 (I think?) will keep me amused for longer than the 8 skullgirls
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 19:03:06
September 05 2013 19:02 GMT
#604
On September 06 2013 00:26 Zeo wrote:
Thanks, guess I'll be getting KoF but by the time I can get money onto my steam account there won't be any discount for me stupid bank

edit: Also I feel that the roster of 36 (I think?) will keep me amused for longer than the 8 skullgirls

9, if you include Squiggly

But since there can be 9*8*7/(3*2*1) = 84 different team combinations(ignoring order of the characters), it will be interesting still
EZ4ENCE
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 05 2013 19:05 GMT
#605
KOF XIII Beta got extended until release! May be of interest to those of you considering pre-ordering.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 05 2013 19:05 GMT
#606
On September 06 2013 04:02 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 00:26 Zeo wrote:
Thanks, guess I'll be getting KoF but by the time I can get money onto my steam account there won't be any discount for me stupid bank

edit: Also I feel that the roster of 36 (I think?) will keep me amused for longer than the 8 skullgirls

9, if you include Squiggly

But since there can be 9*8*7/(3*2*1) = 84 different team combinations(ignoring order of the characters), it will be interesting still


In that case, KoF has probably several quintillions of team combinations.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 19:17:46
September 05 2013 19:12 GMT
#607
On September 06 2013 04:05 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 04:02 WindWolf wrote:
On September 06 2013 00:26 Zeo wrote:
Thanks, guess I'll be getting KoF but by the time I can get money onto my steam account there won't be any discount for me stupid bank

edit: Also I feel that the roster of 36 (I think?) will keep me amused for longer than the 8 skullgirls

9, if you include Squiggly

But since there can be 9*8*7/(3*2*1) = 84 different team combinations(ignoring order of the characters), it will be interesting still


In that case, KoF has probably several quintillions of team combinations.

If KoF has 36 characters it will be 36*35*34 = 42840 if you consider order, 42840 / (3*2*1) = 7 140 if you don't.

Math really is one of my favorite subjects, and I've studied this kind of math both in high-school and at university
EZ4ENCE
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 05 2013 19:31 GMT
#608
On September 06 2013 04:12 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 04:05 Cel.erity wrote:
On September 06 2013 04:02 WindWolf wrote:
On September 06 2013 00:26 Zeo wrote:
Thanks, guess I'll be getting KoF but by the time I can get money onto my steam account there won't be any discount for me stupid bank

edit: Also I feel that the roster of 36 (I think?) will keep me amused for longer than the 8 skullgirls

9, if you include Squiggly

But since there can be 9*8*7/(3*2*1) = 84 different team combinations(ignoring order of the characters), it will be interesting still


In that case, KoF has probably several quintillions of team combinations.

If KoF has 36 characters it will be 36*35*34 = 42840 if you consider order, 42840 / (3*2*1) = 7 140 if you don't.

Math really is one of my favorite subjects, and I've studied this kind of math both in high-school and at university


Yeah, it is that simple, not sure why I thought the different orders would affect the number so drastically. Still a lot more than Skullgirls, though.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
September 05 2013 19:43 GMT
#609
Even Marvel with team order and assist choice only has 3.2 million permutations.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
September 05 2013 19:46 GMT
#610
Speaking of Skullgirls, does anyone else have some rendering problems where the leftmost character on the screen is not rendered 100% properly, and it looks like some horizontal lines is drawn over the character? Or is that just a problem for my graphics card (that has been strange at times; for example, I can't run VS2012 with hardware acceleration on without it freezing up the entire Windows 7 as well)
EZ4ENCE
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
September 05 2013 20:19 GMT
#611
On September 06 2013 04:46 WindWolf wrote:
Speaking of Skullgirls, does anyone else have some rendering problems where the leftmost character on the screen is not rendered 100% properly, and it looks like some horizontal lines is drawn over the character? Or is that just a problem for my graphics card (that has been strange at times; for example, I can't run VS2012 with hardware acceleration on without it freezing up the entire Windows 7 as well)


Is it generally as they come in (after a snapback, character death, etc?) There's a known bug with that where on the original release the character would occasionally come in showing the hitbox over the character model. I think for more recent versions they've modified it to blur them out a bit or something as a fix, which sounds like what you're seeing. In other words, probably has nothing to do with your PC
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
September 05 2013 23:34 GMT
#612
On September 06 2013 05:19 Trumpet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 04:46 WindWolf wrote:
Speaking of Skullgirls, does anyone else have some rendering problems where the leftmost character on the screen is not rendered 100% properly, and it looks like some horizontal lines is drawn over the character? Or is that just a problem for my graphics card (that has been strange at times; for example, I can't run VS2012 with hardware acceleration on without it freezing up the entire Windows 7 as well)


Is it generally as they come in (after a snapback, character death, etc?) There's a known bug with that where on the original release the character would occasionally come in showing the hitbox over the character model. I think for more recent versions they've modified it to blur them out a bit or something as a fix, which sounds like what you're seeing. In other words, probably has nothing to do with your PC

http://imgur.com/a/qA47R

Do you mean like this (In this case for ms.Fortune)? It is always the leftmost character for me
EZ4ENCE
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
September 05 2013 23:46 GMT
#613
On September 06 2013 08:34 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 05:19 Trumpet wrote:
On September 06 2013 04:46 WindWolf wrote:
Speaking of Skullgirls, does anyone else have some rendering problems where the leftmost character on the screen is not rendered 100% properly, and it looks like some horizontal lines is drawn over the character? Or is that just a problem for my graphics card (that has been strange at times; for example, I can't run VS2012 with hardware acceleration on without it freezing up the entire Windows 7 as well)


Is it generally as they come in (after a snapback, character death, etc?) There's a known bug with that where on the original release the character would occasionally come in showing the hitbox over the character model. I think for more recent versions they've modified it to blur them out a bit or something as a fix, which sounds like what you're seeing. In other words, probably has nothing to do with your PC

http://imgur.com/a/qA47R

Do you mean like this (In this case for ms.Fortune)? It is always the leftmost character for me


That doesn't look like the snapback issue, that looks more like a general rendering issue. Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Moderator
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
September 06 2013 02:40 GMT
#614
On September 06 2013 08:34 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 05:19 Trumpet wrote:
On September 06 2013 04:46 WindWolf wrote:
Speaking of Skullgirls, does anyone else have some rendering problems where the leftmost character on the screen is not rendered 100% properly, and it looks like some horizontal lines is drawn over the character? Or is that just a problem for my graphics card (that has been strange at times; for example, I can't run VS2012 with hardware acceleration on without it freezing up the entire Windows 7 as well)


Is it generally as they come in (after a snapback, character death, etc?) There's a known bug with that where on the original release the character would occasionally come in showing the hitbox over the character model. I think for more recent versions they've modified it to blur them out a bit or something as a fix, which sounds like what you're seeing. In other words, probably has nothing to do with your PC

http://imgur.com/a/qA47R

Do you mean like this (In this case for ms.Fortune)? It is always the leftmost character for me


Sorry, I was wrong, this is a different issue than the one I described. the snapback one is way more pronounced but only temporary.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 06 2013 03:52 GMT
#615
It actually looks like a video card issue to me. I started having problems like that on my laptop right before it died.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
September 06 2013 04:46 GMT
#616
On September 06 2013 08:46 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 08:34 WindWolf wrote:
On September 06 2013 05:19 Trumpet wrote:
On September 06 2013 04:46 WindWolf wrote:
Speaking of Skullgirls, does anyone else have some rendering problems where the leftmost character on the screen is not rendered 100% properly, and it looks like some horizontal lines is drawn over the character? Or is that just a problem for my graphics card (that has been strange at times; for example, I can't run VS2012 with hardware acceleration on without it freezing up the entire Windows 7 as well)


Is it generally as they come in (after a snapback, character death, etc?) There's a known bug with that where on the original release the character would occasionally come in showing the hitbox over the character model. I think for more recent versions they've modified it to blur them out a bit or something as a fix, which sounds like what you're seeing. In other words, probably has nothing to do with your PC

http://imgur.com/a/qA47R

Do you mean like this (In this case for ms.Fortune)? It is always the leftmost character for me


That doesn't look like the snapback issue, that looks more like a general rendering issue. Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Yes, just tried it and it didn't work.
On September 06 2013 12:52 Cel.erity wrote:
It actually looks like a video card issue to me. I started having problems like that on my laptop right before it died.

Well, my graphics card is a bit strange sometimes. And I know that there has been other persons in my program (my uni's laptop is the best computer I have ATM) has also been having problems with running VS2012 with hard-ware acceleration on.

And it still survived my TI3-watching Marathons. No new strange stuff that I didn't have pre-TI3 has shown up
EZ4ENCE
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
September 06 2013 08:29 GMT
#617
On September 04 2013 06:06 Cel.erity wrote:
Chaos Code released on NA PSN today! Only $11.99 and the netcode patch should be coming soon.

KoF XIII is now available on Steam. It's not "officially" released for 10 more days, but if you buy it now, you get access to the beta.


Man I used to be so hype for Chaos Code cause I played it at Southtown a lot lmao.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 06 2013 09:43 GMT
#618
On September 06 2013 17:29 Demoninja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 06:06 Cel.erity wrote:
Chaos Code released on NA PSN today! Only $11.99 and the netcode patch should be coming soon.

KoF XIII is now available on Steam. It's not "officially" released for 10 more days, but if you buy it now, you get access to the beta.


Man I used to be so hype for Chaos Code cause I played it at Southtown a lot lmao.


It's a surprisingly solid game, I think it does suffer from some balance issues though. I like the fact that burst actually costs meter, and the oki isn't very oppressive. I'm going to be updating the Mizuumi wiki over the next few days, I'd like to build this game up before the netcode patch comes out.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
September 06 2013 14:40 GMT
#619
On September 06 2013 18:43 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 17:29 Demoninja wrote:
On September 04 2013 06:06 Cel.erity wrote:
Chaos Code released on NA PSN today! Only $11.99 and the netcode patch should be coming soon.

KoF XIII is now available on Steam. It's not "officially" released for 10 more days, but if you buy it now, you get access to the beta.


Man I used to be so hype for Chaos Code cause I played it at Southtown a lot lmao.


It's a surprisingly solid game, I think it does suffer from some balance issues though. I like the fact that burst actually costs meter, and the oki isn't very oppressive. I'm going to be updating the Mizuumi wiki over the next few days, I'd like to build this game up before the netcode patch comes out.


Balance issues? Hermes top tier!? Pls say yes!! :D I play CC occasionally when someone brings it but I'm always struggling to remember what I learned last time, never improving. I need to just buy my own copy and spend some time figuring it out.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 06 2013 14:48 GMT
#620
On September 06 2013 23:40 Trumpet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 18:43 Cel.erity wrote:
On September 06 2013 17:29 Demoninja wrote:
On September 04 2013 06:06 Cel.erity wrote:
Chaos Code released on NA PSN today! Only $11.99 and the netcode patch should be coming soon.

KoF XIII is now available on Steam. It's not "officially" released for 10 more days, but if you buy it now, you get access to the beta.


Man I used to be so hype for Chaos Code cause I played it at Southtown a lot lmao.


It's a surprisingly solid game, I think it does suffer from some balance issues though. I like the fact that burst actually costs meter, and the oki isn't very oppressive. I'm going to be updating the Mizuumi wiki over the next few days, I'd like to build this game up before the netcode patch comes out.


Balance issues? Hermes top tier!? Pls say yes!! :D I play CC occasionally when someone brings it but I'm always struggling to remember what I learned last time, never improving. I need to just buy my own copy and spend some time figuring it out.


I wish, Hermes is my favorite character too, but she's pretty bad. Balance patch is coming to arcades soon, but it doesn't address her pitiful damage midscreen.

The main problem with the balance of the game is that some characters (Celia II, Cerberus, Cthylla) just have too few weaknesses, and they can do everything that the low tier does better. It's not 7/3 imbalanced, more like "why am I still playing Labrys when Mitsuru exists" imbalanced.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1031
IndyStarCraft 199
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16159
Calm 2289
Horang2 292
Mini 175
Rush 105
EffOrt 93
Zeus 48
Trap 23
scan(afreeca) 17
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5379
Fnx 1539
pashabiceps1322
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3854
Liquid`Hasu567
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1762
Beastyqt715
B2W.Neo540
C9.Mang0327
crisheroes136
QueenE106
Trikslyr104
Dewaltoss69
UpATreeSC59
JuggernautJason25
ZombieGrub20
shahzam17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade936
Other Games
• imaqtpie979
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 13m
INu's Battles
15h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 13m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.