• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:20
CEST 10:20
KST 17:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9430 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 60 Next
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-12 21:39:04
August 12 2013 21:38 GMT
#561
Yea DLC chars included is just cherry on top.

I paid 5 bucks for each of those characters (well EX Kyo/Iori) and would of gladly paid 10 bucks for em I love this game so much.
Forever Young
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 13 2013 15:38 GMT
#562
When is the next big Marvel tournament? After Evo, I actually found Marvel interesting to watch and as someone said here, the games "slows down" when you have better knowledge of the game (Just like with teamfights in Dota2)
EZ4ENCE
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
August 13 2013 16:06 GMT
#563
Pretty sure that was Alaric.

And yea, after watching TI3 (which was my first time watching Dota2), I've started drawing comparisons of Dota2/LoL to something like UMvC3/SF.
Forever Young
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
August 13 2013 19:49 GMT
#564
Summer Jam is this weekend.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-17 17:19:31
August 17 2013 17:11 GMT
#565
The Marvel competition at Summer Jam is starting now!

Edit: No DLC chars
EZ4ENCE
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
August 17 2013 21:37 GMT
#566
Marvel at Lanhammer http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner
Yoshinaka
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand50 Posts
August 17 2013 22:11 GMT
#567
Marvel is main at this event http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-18 20:16:45
August 18 2013 20:05 GMT
#568
As one who enjoyed the golden era of 2D fighting games (I started with MK1/SF2, stopped with tekken 3/MK trilogy), what game should I play to get back into it? I also loved SSB. And what controller should I buy?

edit : after reading more into the thread I think I will give a shot to SSF4.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 18 2013 20:17 GMT
#569
On August 19 2013 05:05 nojok wrote:
As one who enjoyed the golden era of 2D fighting games (I started with MK1/SF2, stopped with tekken 3/MK trilogy), what game should I play to get back into it? I also loved SSB. And what controller should I buy?


Unlike RTS, there are plenty of fun fighting games. Which ones you enjoy the most is up to you What you should definitely do is try to find your local community of players to see what games are active in your area, as being able to play with friends locally is one of the best things about fighters. I suppose a good starting point if you haven't played a fighter in forever would be SF4, probably the most played game worldwide and has acceptable online on both consoles and PC.

As far as controller, use what's comfortable to you / what you're used to, be it xbox / playstation controller, keyboard, whatever. A good stick costs ~$100 or more and majority of players who use them just do so due to being used to them from arcade days, no need to spend that kind money when you're just getting started!
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
August 18 2013 20:32 GMT
#570
On August 19 2013 05:05 nojok wrote:
As one who enjoyed the golden era of 2D fighting games (I started with MK1/SF2, stopped with tekken 3/MK trilogy), what game should I play to get back into it? I also loved SSB. And what controller should I buy?

edit : after reading more into the thread I think I will give a shot to SSF4.

Just make sure you buy SSF4 Arcade Edition.

As for other games, it's really dependent on what systems you own/have access to.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-18 20:40:48
August 18 2013 20:39 GMT
#571
On August 19 2013 05:05 nojok wrote:
As one who enjoyed the golden era of 2D fighting games (I started with MK1/SF2, stopped with tekken 3/MK trilogy), what game should I play to get back into it? I also loved SSB. And what controller should I buy?

edit : after reading more into the thread I think I will give a shot to SSF4.


SF4 is good. Some other options with my personal biases:

Injustice - A very straightforward, beginner-friendly fighter descended somewhat from MK. It's one of the least executionally demanding fighting games ever made, it's fairly popular, and it shares a lot of principles with SF4 so you can learn them at the same time without losing much. Its future is unclear.

Persona 4 Arena - The most beginner-friendly anime fighter, descended from Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. This series of games places a greater emphasis on momentum and mixups. Persona's combos are much harder than SF4's, but still much easier than GG/KoF. A bunch of anime games are coming out with sequels over the next year or so, which means there will be a surge in popularity.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Not recommended by me. It doesn't play like any other fighting game, and it doesn't teach you very good transferable fundamentals compared to other games. It's all about landing a hit, and doing 100% combos. Still, it is probably the most/second-most popular game, and it's fun to play if you like that sort of thing. MvC2 is vastly superior.

King of Fighters XIII - One of, if not the best, fighting game series ever made, providing more interesting footsies, meter management, and fast-paced gameplay than Street Fighter. Its history has been plagued by balance issues and a steep learning curve. XIII is fairly balanced, but the learning curve remains one of the highest of any game, and the netcode is terrible. However, promises have been made that the PC version will feature better netcode, which could make KoF worth getting into for an online warrior.

Also, check your local scene. I'm sure France has a thread on SRK where you can find meetups, and I know the 3D fighter scene is pretty big in France. It might be preferable to sculpt your game choice based on what people around you are playing.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
August 18 2013 20:45 GMT
#572
Thank you. I don't have gaming friends in my neighbourhood atm, so I will play only online. I will try the 5 euros controller I have but it really disappointed me with super meat boy. Time to trade some dota cosmetics for SF4 now!
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 21 2013 08:11 GMT
#573
The Steam version of Skullgirls will support trading cards. Not only that, there will be 13 of them :O More than any other game I currently have in my library. More money into Steam for me!
EZ4ENCE
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
August 21 2013 10:18 GMT
#574
Surprised nobody's mentioned it, but Divekick was released on Steam yesterday. It's only $10, so it's well worth the purchase IMO. Get out there and divekick!
We found Dove in a soapless place.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 22 2013 17:57 GMT
#575
Squigly DLC for the main Skullgirls Game on Steam will be free for the next 3 months!
EZ4ENCE
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
August 25 2013 20:50 GMT
#576
Despite my earlier scepticism I'm starting to get pretty hype for KOF XIII on steam. It seems the netcode is actually pretty good. Was watching a cafeID stream this weak where they said that 3 & 4 bar connections are very playable and now this!



maybe I can finally get half decent at this game
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
August 26 2013 08:07 GMT
#577
Maybe I should get back into KOF lol. I've been playing a ton of AE lately
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-26 10:29:53
August 26 2013 10:29 GMT
#578
One of our local players got into the beta and has had some success with and good things to say about the netcode. They're constantly changing it, but things are looking good for it to be solid at release Everyone should get into KoF!! I'm not at all biased by having spent the day grinding out 60+ matches straight... My only regret in KoF is that I cannot enter a tourney 3-4 seperate times under different names to play all the teams I like.
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
August 26 2013 10:33 GMT
#579
On August 21 2013 19:18 Cel.erity wrote:
Surprised nobody's mentioned it, but Divekick was released on Steam yesterday. It's only $10, so it's well worth the purchase IMO. Get out there and divekick!



All of you get Divekick!!!
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
whoso
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany523 Posts
August 26 2013 13:41 GMT
#580
is the netcode better/will it be better than sf4 (pc version)?
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 771
GuemChi 604
Leta 331
Hyun 201
BeSt 195
firebathero 170
Soma 170
Mong 84
910 51
sSak 38
[ Show more ]
PianO 37
Bale 23
yabsab 21
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 16
Shine 12
Noble 8
Dota 2
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss559
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King383
Other Games
summit1g8829
olofmeister964
ceh9562
JimRising 464
Happy400
KnowMe65
Trikslyr21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick442
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast35
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos461
• Stunt445
Other Games
• Shiphtur464
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 40m
Patches Events
7h 40m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.