• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8019 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 46

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 93 Next
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 17:05 GMT
#901
On May 02 2012 01:58 Flicky wrote:
So what server did TL end up on in the end?

I played with RL friends all weekend and had a blast. Going to use these beta weekends as planning sessions. Finding some early PvP builds and levelling routes etc.

But of course, nearly all my plans for race and class have been destroyed after playing some more.

Dang.

Whiteside Ridge but we may change servers for the next beta/before release.
Moderator
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
May 01 2012 17:41 GMT
#902
Too bad I couldn't play with you guys this beta, I was temporarily banned for a bad joke and weren't able to find guildies online. Hopefully I can join in a bit next beta event.

As for the beta, I'm very conflicted. I played a Norn Guardian, got it to lvl 18 or such. I like the world and the exploration, but found the combat to be quite lacking. It felt very buttonmashy and dodging etc didn't matter much, you just autoattacked while strafing around enemies. Skills just didn't feel all that important, when you level up and get a new skill in wow, it's awesome... in GW2, you already had all the skills since they come from weapons, and the utility skills just didn't feel important or fun. It all just felt very simplistic. Maybe it's just guardian, but for some reason, I didn't feel like trying any other classes since from what I saw with my friend playing elementalist, it seems to be pretty equal of an experience, mostly dependant on which weapons you use.

I also hated how out of hand the difficulty could be... you could go from beating several enemies at once with just autoattack, to getting to a dynamic event with a ton of people and getting oneshotted... which you can't do much about if you're melee, you just run up to the enemy and it immediately kills you.

I look forward to playing the full game, but I expected myself to spend 100% of my weekend playing the beta, but instead I got quite bored of it and didn't play much at all on sunday.
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 17:55:17
May 01 2012 17:46 GMT
#903
LOL! someone found the puzle!



Spent so much time trying to clear this, this guy found the normal path to the 2nd key
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 18:46 GMT
#904
On May 02 2012 02:41 Tobberoth wrote:
Too bad I couldn't play with you guys this beta, I was temporarily banned for a bad joke and weren't able to find guildies online. Hopefully I can join in a bit next beta event.

As for the beta, I'm very conflicted. I played a Norn Guardian, got it to lvl 18 or such. I like the world and the exploration, but found the combat to be quite lacking. It felt very buttonmashy and dodging etc didn't matter much, you just autoattacked while strafing around enemies. Skills just didn't feel all that important, when you level up and get a new skill in wow, it's awesome... in GW2, you already had all the skills since they come from weapons, and the utility skills just didn't feel important or fun. It all just felt very simplistic. Maybe it's just guardian, but for some reason, I didn't feel like trying any other classes since from what I saw with my friend playing elementalist, it seems to be pretty equal of an experience, mostly dependant on which weapons you use.

I also hated how out of hand the difficulty could be... you could go from beating several enemies at once with just autoattack, to getting to a dynamic event with a ton of people and getting oneshotted... which you can't do much about if you're melee, you just run up to the enemy and it immediately kills you.

I look forward to playing the full game, but I expected myself to spend 100% of my weekend playing the beta, but instead I got quite bored of it and didn't play much at all on sunday.

That's a good point actually about leveling up. I definitely can't wait to reach lvl 10/20/30 for more skill slots and elite skills, but other than that there's no actual benefit to hitting the next level. Skill points aren't enough of an excitement. During the beta I didn't notice when I leveled up because I never even checked. I suppose having a fancy trait every 5 levels is nice but they're only really attractive for some classes.
Moderator
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
May 01 2012 19:50 GMT
#905
I actually think traits are a very important aspect of the whole thing. They are pretty useful and make all the difference with all the different damage/defense/support specializations.

Happy b-day valshu, if that date is setup right

And I just read last 2 pages of this. WTF guys.. wtf. I don't really want to see any conflicts about pointless stuff. Mainly not in leadership. (Then again a leader should be able to control such things, right.) Pantythief isn't banned, right (I never know what the lock symbol means.)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 20:47 GMT
#906
Traits are definitely nice and very important but getting 1% in whatever attribute per level is not at all attractive when leveling. The added bonus you get every 5 levels is nice though.

I daresay I think Valashu and Pantythief have put this rubbish behind themselves. Pantythief is indeed banned but for a completely unrelated post in some Destiny thread, and those are ban traps anyway ~
Moderator
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
May 01 2012 20:53 GMT
#907
Well if you compare it to e.g. WoW where you had talents that also increased your crit chance by 1% per talent.. that was fairly similar and still worth leveling for. You also level for ability to wear better equipment, more health, etc. Leveling up is always cool, and I found it kind of easy to level up without even caring about levels. I just suddenly found out I have 2 extra traits to spend.

In the big picture, when you invest 30 trait points into one tree and suddenly have 30% higher crit rate or 30% lower cooldowns for something, it is quite a big boost.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#908
On May 02 2012 05:53 freestalker wrote:
Well if you compare it to e.g. WoW where you had talents that also increased your crit chance by 1% per talent.. that was fairly similar and still worth leveling for. You also level for ability to wear better equipment, more health, etc. Leveling up is always cool, and I found it kind of easy to level up without even caring about levels. I just suddenly found out I have 2 extra traits to spend.

In the big picture, when you invest 30 trait points into one tree and suddenly have 30% higher crit rate or 30% lower cooldowns for something, it is quite a big boost.

In WoW, you also got new spells every other level or so. And even if you didn't get anything for one level, you'd almost certainly get something nice the next level that wasn't just 1% crit or whatever. With guild wars, once you hit lvl X0 or X5 you know it'll be another 5 levels of nothing but % attributes.

Obviously if you suddenly have 30 points to spend in traits then it'll be nice but the gradual step by step is very boring.
Moderator
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
May 01 2012 21:20 GMT
#909
I also felt that the effects of dynamic events were way overhyped. Sure, the dynamic events are WAY better than the rift system in rift, this actually WORKS as the basis of the game. However, they said failing events would affect the area and that you would feel like you made an impact... but honestly, it just felt like "oh, it's this event again, i'll come back later and maybe it will be the funny one". It feels more like time-based quests than actual dynamic events... only at one event did I actually feel like failing it made a difference, because enemies invaded a city and took it over. That was pretty cool, but also quite annoying since there weren't enough people there to stop it and then it quickly became annoying.

I personally liked the "heart" quests the most since it felt like you explored and unlocked things... then again, most of the stuff they sell isn't attractive, and I ended the beta with a ton of karma left over.
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
May 01 2012 21:26 GMT
#910
I wouldn't call it new spells, since after certain level it was the same spell just increased level of it. I am not sure if the skill damage increases with level in gw2 (would make sense tho), but then again the whole skill system is different as we all know, so I don't really think we can apply the standard rules here. In here, +level = trait points, health, better items (->better stats). And a level also serves as a 'guide' as to which areas are suited for you so you don't run into enemies you just can't handle.

I mean, c'mon. You don't play PvE to gain levels, you play it to do the storyline, to see the epic places and do the world quests. Levels come by easily. People were what, level 25? 30? In 2 days of beta. And they were doing other shit in between.

I agree the change is not that big, but it makes some difference, and leveling is not the priority no1. At least not for me.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 21:40 GMT
#911
Yes I suppose you could look at this and say 'this puts the focus on storyline and experiencing the game while leveling' instead of 'leveling for the sake of leveling', which is what it turned into for many other MMOs. That may be what they are trying to achieve.
Moderator
Yngvi
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands70 Posts
May 01 2012 22:07 GMT
#912
Shame that im gonna play on Fissure of Woe :/ maybe i can talk my friends into switching servers.
HaagenDazs
Profile Joined April 2012
7 Posts
May 01 2012 23:09 GMT
#913
Awesome Game
HaagenDazs
Profile Joined April 2012
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 23:41:30
May 01 2012 23:18 GMT
#914
Lag apart, it was really fun. Hope they fix the game only working with one core really soon...
TobZero
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Germany493 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-03 21:35:32
May 03 2012 21:31 GMT
#915
about traits:
i spend at least 1h in the middle of the night reading through thief traits and what they enable you to do. in the end i played with a build i figured out for over 5h straight until like 7am in the morning and i have to say:
my mind was TOTALY blown. the ammount of customisation you can achieve through traits is enourmous and a lot of fun.
this single night playing a max lvl thief totaly changed my view on what i want to play on release.

to get deeper into what i did with traits:
i maxed the artistics trait line which focus on survival and dodge. as a squishy melee this is very important. i found a way to regain an good chunk of endurance every time i dodged (basicly reducing cost of dodge) further i grained 10% dmg when my endurance was below max. the next thing i could ad to my build is that i get a speed bonus once i dodge and a stacking dmg bonus on dodge.
last one, the icing on the cake was a trait that triggered caltrops every time i dodge. caltrops are little spikey metal things which basicly apply slow and bleed in their effective area.
the exact build was: http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#t;kafpf;gXaaaagaaeYXfaa;cYbb;aaaaa
played with sword/pistol and dagger/dagger.

i had so much fun in battlegrounds going around capping everything and beeing close to impossible to kill. i was able to hold down multiple enemies at a location and not die.
given my damage output wasnt that great, it was great fun to take on every engagement and just beeing able to retreat if i see i cant win that fight. in pure 1vs1 power that build was a beast. i took me a while to down certain professions but with about 4 blink abilities, 3stealth and massive amount of dodge, i could fool with anyone
most fun moment was when i was for about 1,5 hours on a certain server playing against mostly the same players each round and my enemies startet to turn around when they saw me, not even considering picking a fight because i was SOO anoying

all that happened because of traits. the whole playstyle was only possible because of the extra bits i could add through it.
i plan to do that for extensive ammount of time on the next BWE with different classes and see how far i can drive the change on how the profession is played.
-= we are the swarm =-
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
May 03 2012 21:52 GMT
#916
Yep customization is total boss in this game.

I started by playing a glass cannon ele and then got tired of dying so easy, so I went the other extreme, I maxed out survivability through traits and gear. Got my hp up to 22k, 2.3k armor and then an absolute crapton of abilities to remove conditions from me both passively and actively. Dagger dagger and just be annoying. So many chills, immobilize and survivability. I couldn't really kill anything, but I could easily disrupt any melee from ever closing in on ranged dudes on my team and if they focused me, free deeps time for my team while I soak crapton of damage only to heal it back up while being invulnerable ^_^
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
May 06 2012 12:16 GMT
#917
So quiet in here, guys.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Morofang
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands45 Posts
May 07 2012 05:01 GMT
#918
Breaks the silence

I get the feeling Whiteside is a bit on the higher population size as well... I saw its mirrors going above 50. Maybe a different server next beta will help with the lag/errors..(despite what anet claimed on the forums, I'm sure one of th login errors has to do with the server load) that is, if there are any servers that arn't dealing with that kind of load.

But oh well, we'll see. Next beta going norn, played mostly human, but norn is my perfered race, if I can ever make one that doesn't look brutish or stupid =P Probably sticking with mesmer, fun profession. Unless Sylvari is open, then I might make a sylvari thief

Tbh, afterthe first few dozen levels, wow rarely gave you a spell..maybe once every 3 to 5 levels? And if you played a hybred you'd be getting a spell that is directly useful to your favorite tree even less often. Getting heals as a ret/prot pally was really nice in the beginning, but it felt like every update nerfed the pally for a while. Here, they last too long in fights, lets increase mana costs! A bit later, those heals are still pretty wicked arn't they, lets ignore that to get a full heal a high level ret pally has to burn most if not all of his mana, (which also fuels his attacks) because he does not have a caster's pool, and halve his healing. *goes off mumbling about hating blizzard and such*

Thats why I like the cooldowns tbh, they are a lot easier to balance I can imagine that massive pools of mana like in wow (unless all spells have % costs, I remember some of um did, dunno if they all did..but then, whats the point of getting a bigger pool). Classes that arn't dedicated to healing being able to heal noticably is really fun as well imo.

Oh well..next beta (if its not during my exams) gunna try to hook up with you guys and pvp. I couldn't last weekend because my own computer wasn't happy, I think its just because my connection is so weak atm, that I was instant lagging out everytime someone walked close to me...
Guild Wars 2 Europe
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
May 07 2012 08:03 GMT
#919
On May 07 2012 14:01 Morofang wrote:
Breaks the silence

I get the feeling Whiteside is a bit on the higher population size as well... I saw its mirrors going above 50. Maybe a different server next beta will help with the lag/errors..(despite what anet claimed on the forums, I'm sure one of th login errors has to do with the server load) that is, if there are any servers that arn't dealing with that kind of load.

But oh well, we'll see. Next beta going norn, played mostly human, but norn is my perfered race, if I can ever make one that doesn't look brutish or stupid =P Probably sticking with mesmer, fun profession. Unless Sylvari is open, then I might make a sylvari thief

Tbh, afterthe first few dozen levels, wow rarely gave you a spell..maybe once every 3 to 5 levels? And if you played a hybred you'd be getting a spell that is directly useful to your favorite tree even less often. Getting heals as a ret/prot pally was really nice in the beginning, but it felt like every update nerfed the pally for a while. Here, they last too long in fights, lets increase mana costs! A bit later, those heals are still pretty wicked arn't they, lets ignore that to get a full heal a high level ret pally has to burn most if not all of his mana, (which also fuels his attacks) because he does not have a caster's pool, and halve his healing. *goes off mumbling about hating blizzard and such*

Thats why I like the cooldowns tbh, they are a lot easier to balance I can imagine that massive pools of mana like in wow (unless all spells have % costs, I remember some of um did, dunno if they all did..but then, whats the point of getting a bigger pool). Classes that arn't dedicated to healing being able to heal noticably is really fun as well imo.

Oh well..next beta (if its not during my exams) gunna try to hook up with you guys and pvp. I couldn't last weekend because my own computer wasn't happy, I think its just because my connection is so weak atm, that I was instant lagging out everytime someone walked close to me...

Well, i'd say you get a new spell every second level on average since you get several new spells each level in the first few levels, and you also get abilities from some talents. A big difference though is that in WoW, a new spell is generally immediately useful and worked into your rotation, it's very rare to get a new spell and not use it in pretty much every fight from then on... while in GW2, I felt like I used most utility spells in less than 1/10 fights because of long cooldowns and, countrary to the name, very little utility.
Apoo
Profile Joined January 2011
413 Posts
May 07 2012 09:22 GMT
#920
Is it still possible to join you guys ?
I will 100% test Guild Wars 2 at release and if i play it i would like to play with you.
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
The PondCast
20h 11m
INu's Battles
21h 11m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.